Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

TL Notes

Notes TL Clue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Zephyr0

Zephyr0

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Clue's translations are a great example of why I prefer reading fan translations online: Awesome TL notes.

Kabac

Kabac

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

First of all, I am not affiliated with any translation group working on this manga.

With that out of the way I want to post a few things both right and wrong with the translation.

Since all the written text outside the bubbles as well as most of the names are Icelandic I want to give my thoughts.

For the most part the Icelandic names are right or as right as they can be without any conjugation. 

Snorri, Sólveig, Edda and Atli are all common Icelandic names (also my real name is Atli :)

But on to translations

the report card that judit holds in the bottom panel of

http://vatoto.com/read/_/17940/rotte-no-omocha_v3_ch21_by_facepalm-scans/4

frásögn=report

verkefni=task

the hard to read long word is probably skemmtistaður=fun place, though usually it is used for bars

second line is either sjóbað or sjóbox,  sjóbað=seabath, sjóbox=seabox

innkaup=shopping

and in the same chapter the place where Sigurð is drinking is called "heitur blettur"= hot spot

one of the few things that are wrong though is the name of the species that Elfleda is from

it is called kýlbringa in the comic but it should be kýrbringa since kýr=cow and bringa=chest therefore kýrbringa=cowchest :)

and regarding the chapters 52-56 they translate alf (or alfur as it should be) as ghost wich is just plain wrong. Álfur means elf

Nóttalfar=night elves

svartálfar=black elves (or dark elves as they are usually called in english)

Svartálfheimur=Black elf world

Álfheim=Elf world

That's it for what I could find and remember

if you want more translations for the Icelandic part of the comics I would be happy to help :)