Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

What's up with the mushrooms?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Internet

Internet

Potato

• Members
  • 100 posts

So I was just re-reading the chapters again and I noticed something strange about the mushrooms.

Spoiler

Edited by Internet, 24 September 2015 - 08:04 AM.

Kitty1826x

Kitty1826x

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationNot Always Sunny Florida

I honestly think it has to do with God Kubera somehow ... but it hasn't been explained yet? 

My theory is if the mushrooms are there, if he's nearby or was recently nearby >.> ... Which if you think about it ... that makes him a real major stalker XD

Edited by Kitty1826x, 24 September 2015 - 08:18 AM.

Yes yes, I know I make longwinded comments, but that's just me >.<
I should proof read my comments more, but I won't...
So keep in mind I'm filled with typos

Link to Kubera's quick translation pads list: http://babokim-scans.ddns.net:9001/p/r.74c75762216421fe02843be5edd86cf0

If you have the time and want to help out BKS: http://babokim-scans.ddns.net:9001/mypads/index.html?/mypads/group/transcribing-and-rewriting-kubera-r912325e/view
Read the first pad "Getting started" for instructions.

tkl.ee

tkl.ee

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 426 posts
Oh this is an interesting topic! I love mushrooms. Haha

I've also thought it was mysterious that those curry mushrooms popped out of nowhere. I didn't know what to think or how to think but now you gave me some interesting clues.

So basically, the first set of curry mushrooms protected Leez from going back. Omg
And basically, the second set of curry mushrooms tried to comfort Leez when she cried. Omg But the mushrooms' effort wasn't recognized by Leez. Sadness. :/

And to think that those curry mushrooms represent someone or the presence of someone is... kinda creepy. lol (But can be romantic in another perspective.)

I don't know who is behind those curry mushrooms but I have a feeling it might be the mysterious person who did take over Leez's consciousness during her blackout. And this mysterious person has been with Leez and has been watching over her since the beginning.

Edited by tkl.ee, 24 September 2015 - 10:08 AM.

One Last God: Kubera (en)

Psst... need to find chapters that contain moments of LeezxYuta and LeezxKubera(Mister)? NO FEAR, click here

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

I don't know who is behind those curry mushrooms but I have a feeling it might be the mysterious person who did take over Leez's consciousness during her blackout. And this mysterious person has been with Leez and had been watching over her since the beginning.

I second this.

Kitty1826x

Kitty1826x

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 412 posts

Oh this is an interesting topic! I love mushrooms. Haha

I've also thought it was mysterious that those curry mushrooms popped out of nowhere. I didn't know what to think or how to think but now you gave me some interesting clues.

So basically, the first set of curry mushrooms protected Leez from going back. Omg
And basically, the second set of curry mushrooms tried to comfort Leez when she cried. Omg But the mushrooms' effort wasn't recognized by Leez. Sadness. :/

And to think that those curry mushrooms represent someone or the presence of someone is... kinda creepy. lol (But can be romantic in another perspective.)

I don't know who is behind those curry mushrooms but I have a feeling it might be the mysterious person who did take over Leez's consciousness during her blackout. And this mysterious person has been with Leez and has been watching over her since the beginning.

Currygom did mention in her blog that the mushrooms appear and disappear for a certain reason. 

http://kubera.wikia.com/wiki/Chapter_2 

I honestly do think it's because of God Kubera. I mean in the Golden Knight arc he made a curry mushroom using Bountiful Earth (Or he ran really fast and grabbed the same mushroom >.>), but the thing is ... Why does Leez think of Curry mushrooms and God Kubera? Leez mentioned in her first conversation with Agni how she doesn't know much about God Kubera even though he's her namesake. Yet in 2-46 she says you pray to Kubera for lots of mushrooms. 

But going back ... Bountiful Earth ... and combine that with "Curry mushrooms are said to be really rare, They disappear until you pick them straight away.", along with God Kubera is everywhere an nowhere O.o 

I'm unsure if it's intentional like he's trying to make Leez happy at times, or unintentional and it just happens. 

Back to the OP (sorry I didn't read it all the first time) 

The first Ep could have been him. Since we know he has been in contact with Gandharva. What mostly likely happened was God Kubera was talking to Gandharva about the next target. 

I'm not entirely sure that the first time God Kubera met Leez in the Golden Knight arc was in fact their first meeting. When he's in kid form, and pats her head after she was trying to lift him up (to scare him), she has either a flashback of him patting her head before, or she sense his true form was the one patting her head. 

If it was a memory she had when she was younger, that would mean God Kubera has been watching her (and probably the other Kuberas) for a while. This could also be how she thinks you pray to him for mushrooms. (I believe I came up with a theory about this before in the theory's thread but I'll repost it here anyways). 

Theory -

We know Leez wasn't able to go to school like the normal kids because of her name. We know that her mom told her that Rao (her dad) was told to name her Kubera for the first X years, and she'll be the happiest person alive. 

If Leez was little, upset about her name, and went off somewhere crying. God Kubera (again who's probably been watching all the Kuberas, seeing who he can use) may have patted her on the head, and made mushrooms appear to cheer her up. Probably telling her that the person she's named after makes mushrooms appear or something. Starting her love for mushrooms, and this thought that you pray to God Kubera for mushrooms. Also explaining that feeling she had in ch. 28. 

I think that when he met Leez again he did have every intention of killing her, but when he saw potential to use her, that's when he decided to test her. (This also means I don't think he's the mysterious person causing the blackouts. After more thought it may be Anna ...)

According to Yuta somewhere in the Emergency arc and also stated by God Kubera himself (somewhere I can't remember) that he would be around Leez at the very least during dangerous times. So knowing that, he could have been around for Ch 99-100, but I have no idea why he made the mushrooms appear ... 

Link to Kubera's quick translation pads list: http://babokim-scans.ddns.net:9001/p/r.74c75762216421fe02843be5edd86cf0

If you have the time and want to help out BKS: http://babokim-scans.ddns.net:9001/mypads/index.html?/mypads/group/transcribing-and-rewriting-kubera-r912325e/view

BehindTheLighT

BehindTheLighT

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
  • LocationItaly

The mushrooms appear near trascendental value. They appeared near gandharva, maruna(ch 15) and yuta, in this order.

I'm italian, so please excuse me if my english is not very good, feel free to correct me.

Kubera ITA

Grotesque

Grotesque

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationNot here.
I wonder if Ananta had similar abilities with Kubera. If he's the one posessing Leez and wants her happy, then he could be the one doing it. Realized starting a romantic venture with a rakshasa was a very bad move towards her health. I imagine he'd know, being a king for so long he'd probably seen tons of the horny little shits in third stage. Plus, he'd be trying to cheer up Leez too, etc. Leez met agni drooling over mushrooms.

Or it could've been childish kubera. I don't know why, but I really like the idea of Kubera being like that sometimes. Was just a bit sad to see his curly headed girl begin a relationship and become raw meat.

Back on to the matter of mushrooms, it would make a lot of sense for them to show up near transcendental values. It does appear to be the case. Though Kuberas bountiful earth also makes sense. Was he making Gandharva a bed to make up for being such a dick to him?

Edited by Grotesque, 24 September 2015 - 01:45 PM.

tumblr_oqgy0s38HR1vmzl9wo1_400.png

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts
  • LocationSomewhere I can daydream in peace, hopefully.

I kind of like the Ananta theory... It only appears for a moment, because his power is unstable?

Also in the first arc, Leez also bought a mushroom from someone who found them in front of his house. Coincidence? 

Some stuff I made: All's here!

My profile on fanfiction.net is here.

Check Kubera out if you don't know it!

Because it's fun to see Leez dying inside and outside all over the place it's a story of romance, psychology and humor. And horror. A little. 

smthFishy

smthFishy

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  • Locationsubmerged

I'd say the appearance of mushroom is a symbol for life's transience: a flash of brilliance and grandeur, beautiful but not to last.  Similar to how cherry blossoms symbolized to the samurais of Japan the fleetingness of life. "Unborn tomorrow dead yesterday."

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

I'd say the appearance of mushroom is a symbol for life's transience: a flash of brilliance and grandeur, beautiful but not to last.  Similar to how cherry blossoms symbolized to the samurais of Japan the fleetingness of life. "Unborn tomorrow dead yesterday."

Sorry, I laughed.

The blossoming curry mushrooms... The sweet spicy scent of curry delicately floating in the air...

PFFFFT 

Because it's fun to see Leez dying inside and outside all over the place it's a story of romance, psychology and humor. And horror. A little. 

smthFishy

smthFishy

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  • Locationsubmerged

Sorry, I laughed.

The blossoming curry mushrooms... The sweet spicy scent of curry delicately floating in the air...

PFFFFT 

It's always nice to see there's no Death in the world of a young child. ^^

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

It's always nice to see there's no Death in the world of a young child. ^^

I'm not a young child! I'm (almost) fifteen! Yeah i know it's young. Shaddup. I've never been this old!

It's not that death doesn't exist, it's just that replacing cherry blossoms by mushrooms sounds funny... 

tkl.ee

tkl.ee

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 426 posts

So based on what I'm reading from your guys' posts, the curry mushrooms appearing near Maruna might not match with the speculation that a person is behind the appearances of the mushrooms; and so, we speculate that those curry mushrooms would pop out near those with high transcendental values. But this couldn't explain the rock and the appearance of the curry mushrooms in front of that seller's house, which the seller sold the last curry mushroom to Leez, who was desperately looking for a birthday present. This meant that someone might be behind the appearance of the curry mushrooms in from of that seller's house ... yikes. I don't know what to think again. lol Maybe that person is not responsible for every appearance of the curry mushroom  But I'm warming up to the idea that someone is making those curry mushrooms appear in front of Leez. It is a sweet, cute idea. 

@Kitty1826x

I don't deny the possibly of the person behind the curry mushrooms to be God Kubera, Anna, or anyone else either. And I'm not even sure if the mysterious person is Ananta either. Based on the description given about the possible personality of the one behind those curry mushrooms, I feel it matches the actions done by that mysterious person: caring for Leez, watching out for her, respecting her path, popping out of nowhere to help her, protecting her, and supporting her silently without her knowing.

That mysterious person is like a guardian angel to Leez. <3

Psst... need to find chapters that contain moments of LeezxYuta and LeezxKubera(Mister)? NO FEAR, click here

Internet

Internet

Potato

• Members
  • 100 posts

Ananta theory is very interesting. Since Ananta clan has Earth attribute, maybe Ananta has transcendental skill similar to 'bountiful earth'

Or maybe he's actually using 'bountiful earth' by making use of Leez's inherited power?

I'm not entirely sure that the first time God Kubera met Leez in the Golden Knight arc was in fact their first meeting. When he's in kid form, and pats her head after she was trying to lift him up (to scare him), she has either a flashback of him patting her head before, or she sense his true form was the one patting her head. 

If it was a memory she had when she was younger, that would mean God Kubera has been watching her (and probably the other Kuberas) for a while. This could also be how she thinks you pray to him for mushrooms. (I believe I came up with a theory about this before in the theory's thread but I'll repost it here anyways). 

Theory -

We know Leez wasn't able to go to school like the normal kids because of her name. We know that her mom told her that Rao (her dad) was told to name her Kubera for the first X years, and she'll be the happiest person alive. 

If Leez was little, upset about her name, and went off somewhere crying. God Kubera (again who's probably been watching all the Kuberas, seeing who he can use) may have patted her on the head, and made mushrooms appear to cheer her up. Probably telling her that the person she's named after makes mushrooms appear or something. Starting her love for mushrooms, and this thought that you pray to God Kubera for mushrooms. Also explaining that feeling she had in ch. 28. 

I think that when he met Leez again he did have every intention of killing her, but when he saw potential to use her, that's when he decided to test her. (This also means I don't think he's the mysterious person causing the blackouts. After more thought it may be Anna ...)

According to Yuta somewhere in the Emergency arc and also stated by God Kubera himself (somewhere I can't remember) that he would be around Leez at the very least during dangerous times. So knowing that, he could have been around for Ch 99-100, but I have no  idea why he made the mushrooms appear ... 

When I first saw Leez's flashback (or her insight??), I also thought that maybe they met each other long time ago.

So I guess God Kubera was protecting her until she's old enough to make her own decision about her death...?

The mushrooms appear near trascendental value. They appeared near gandharva, maruna(ch 15) and yuta, in this order.

Did Currygom explained this?

If this is true, then why aren't there any Curry Mushrooms appear near other Rakshasas and Gods?

I agree with tkl.ee, that doesn't explain the appearance of rocks and appearance of the curry mushrooms in front of seller's house

Edited by Internet, 25 September 2015 - 01:22 AM.

Kitty1826x

Kitty1826x

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 412 posts

So based on what I'm reading from your guys' posts, the curry mushrooms appearing near Maruna might not match with the speculation that a person is behind the appearances of the mushrooms; and so, we speculate that those curry mushrooms would pop out near those with high transcendental values. But this couldn't explain the rock and the appearance of the curry mushrooms in front of that seller's house, which the seller sold the last curry mushroom to Leez, who was desperately looking for a birthday present. This meant that someone might be behind the appearance of the curry mushrooms in from of that seller's house ... yikes. I don't know what to think again. lol Maybe that person is not responsible for every appearance of the curry mushroom  But I'm warming up to the idea that someone is making those curry mushrooms appear in front of Leez. It is a sweet, cute idea. 

@Kitty1826x

I don't deny the possibly of the person behind the curry mushrooms to be God Kubera, Anna, or anyone else either. And I'm not even sure if the mysterious person is Ananta either. Based on the description given about the possible personality of the one behind those curry mushrooms, I feel it matches the actions done by that mysterious person: caring for Leez, watching out for her, respecting her path, popping out of nowhere to help her, protecting her, and supporting her silently without her knowing.

That mysterious person is like a guardian angel to Leez. <3

Errr I wasn't saying Anna is behind the mushrooms ... I meant that I think Anna is the mysterious person behind Leez's blackouts.

I think God Kubera is the reason for all curry mushroom's appearances.

The first chapters is with Gandharva. We know that God Kubera has been in contact with him and Maruna, as he is referred to as 'He' in Ch 5. 

-What I'm thinking is, God Kubera told Gandharva/Maruna the location of a Kubera "Leez", and was wandering around. Gandharva fell alseep, and God Kubera was nearby keeping an eye on Leez. (But left before she got there.)

2nd Mushroom near Maruna.

Still going with God Kubera being nearby, but Maruna has great eyesight. If God Kubera was that close by, wouldn't Maruna see/mention him? Yes, but what if God Kubera was underground like in Ch 83. 

Actually God Kubera could have been underground for the first mushroom appearance too...

3rd Mushroom outside that vendor's house.

Well we know that person live near or in Atera right? 

Going along with God Kubera standing nearby ... He could have been in child form near that person's house. 

I mean not long after that morning the vendor found those do we see God Kubera. 

4th mushroom- Ch 99/100 Leez, and Yuta.

We know that God Kubera and Leez met in the water channel. We know that he "left" Leez, but he was still watching her. (He was just out of sight of her. He could have stuck around because of Taraka, and intervened when needed. Saw her reunite with Yuta...

I have no idea why he would make the mushrooms appear if he is doing it on purpose ...  

Ananta theory is very interesting. Since Ananta clan has Earth attribute, maybe Ananta has transcendental skill similar to 'bountiful earth'

Or maybe he's actually using 'bountiful earth' by making use of Leez's inherited power?

When I first saw Leez's flashback (or her insight??), I also thought that maybe they met each other long time ago.

So I guess God Kubera was protecting her until she's old enough to make her own decision about her death...?

Bountiful Earth is listed as unique transcendental of God Kubera, I doubt Ananta would have that skill too. 

Well old enough to test her ... 

Back on to the matter of mushrooms, it would make a lot of sense for them to show up near transcendental values. It does appear to be the case. Though Kuberas bountiful earth also makes sense. Was he making Gandharva a bed to make up for being such a dick to him?

LOL

God Kubera - Best stalker ever XD

Edited by Kitty1826x, 25 September 2015 - 01:38 AM.

Internet

Internet

Potato

• Members
  • 100 posts

Bountiful Earth is listed as unique transcendental of God Kubera, I doubt Ananta would have that skill too. 

That's why I said 'similar transcendental skill' 

Also, in ep.2 Mysterious controller used 'shorten distance' which likely means that Kubera Leez has inherited most or all of God Kubera's power; maybe he was just using her transcendental skill. 

(sorry if I offended you in any way)

Edited by Internet, 25 September 2015 - 02:08 AM.

tkl.ee

tkl.ee

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 426 posts

Errr I wasn't saying Anna is behind the mushrooms ... I meant that I think Anna is the mysterious person behind Leez's blackouts.

I think God Kubera is the reason for all curry mushroom's appearances.

The first chapters is with Gandharva. We know that God Kubera has been in contact with him and Maruna, as he is referred to as 'He' in Ch 5. 

-What I'm thinking is, God Kubera told Gandharva/Maruna the location of a Kubera "Leez", and was wandering around. Gandharva fell alseep, and God Kubera was nearby keeping an eye on Leez. (But left before she got there.)

2nd Mushroom near Maruna.

Still going with God Kubera being nearby, but Maruna has great eyesight. If God Kubera was that close by, wouldn't Maruna see/mention him? Yes, but what if God Kubera was underground like in Ch 83. 

Actually God Kubera could have been underground for the first mushroom appearance too...

3rd Mushroom outside that vendor's house.

Well we know that person live near or in Atera right? 

Going along with God Kubera standing nearby ... He could have been in child form near that person's house. 

I mean not long after that morning the vendor found those do we see God Kubera. 

4th mushroom- Ch 99/100 Leez, and Yuta.

We know that God Kubera and Leez met in the water channel. We know that he "left" Leez, but he was still watching her. (He was just out of sight of her. He could have stuck around because of Taraka, and intervened when needed. Saw her reunite with Yuta...

I have no idea why he would make the mushrooms appear if he is doing it on purpose ...  

I forgot to put a parenthesis for "Anna, or anyone else...Ananta.." That was in reference of what others have said. I didn't mean you think Anna is behind the curry mushrooms.

Your 4 stories about the involvement of God Kubera with the curry mushrooms sound cumbersome. If he was behind it, he actually didn't need to be around Leez at all. He is a 5th- zen god. His jurisdiction is nature and his attribute is earth. The entire planet(s) is under his control. He can practically hear and see everything if he wants. He probably can snap a finger and make curry mushrooms appear 5,000 km away from where he resides.

Kitty1826x

Kitty1826x

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 412 posts

That's why I said 'similar transcendental skill' 

Also, in ep.2 Mysterious controller used 'shorten distance' which likely means that Kubera Leez has inherited most or all of God Kubera's power; maybe he was just using her transcendental skill. 

(sorry if I offended you in any way)

I must have completely overlooked the "similar" part XD. (Must be from lack of sleep >.>)

I wasn't offended. No worries. 

I forgot to put a parenthesis for "Anna, or anyone else...Ananta.." That was in reference of what others have said. I didn't mean you think Anna is behind the curry mushrooms.

Your 4 stories about the involvement of God Kubera with the curry mushrooms sound cumbersome. If he was behind it, he actually didn't need to be around Leez at all. He is a 5th- zen god. His jurisdiction is nature and his attribute is earth. The entire planet(s) is under his control. He can practically hear and see everything if he wants. He probably can snap a finger and make curry mushrooms appear 5,000 km away from where he resides.

Ahhh. 

Well he probably could just snap his finger and make curry mushrooms appear XD

Maybe he put one near Maruna to remind him that Gandharva is upset with him for eating it. God Kubera, how can you be so mean? >.<  lol

Internet

Internet

Potato

• Members
  • 100 posts

This is just an additional information regarding the mushrooms

If I recall correctly, when Currygom was uploading Kubera on 'best challenge manwha', Gandal and Leez didn't meet each other at all. So, there was no scene with the forest and curry mushroom.

Also, Leez and Kubera got involved in some kind of fighting competition? that Lorraine made? hosting? (Lorraine reaaally loved God Kubera's muscle lol I'm 100% sure of that)

(I'm not sure about this but, Golden knight was the prize for that competition)

(when Leez first met God Kubera, he wasn't in his baby form he was an adult)

There wasn't any chase scene for the Golden knight or Leez buying the Curry mushroom for Asha (I'm pretty sure about the former part, but latter I'm not too sure)

(I don't know about the curry mushrooms in the scene with Yuta and Leez because Currygom restarted the whole series for Naver before Leez and Asha leave Atera) 

So, for some unknown reason, Currygom placed the curry mushroom scenes into her work after she got accepted into Naver

Edited by Internet, 25 September 2015 - 07:13 AM.

tkl.ee

tkl.ee

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 426 posts

I'm glad Currygom decides to place the curry mushrooms in her work. It's iconic now.

Also, Leez and Kubera got involved in some kind of fighting competition? that Lorraine made? hosting? (Lorraine reaaally loved God Kubera's muscle lol I'm 100% sure of that)

Hahahhaa xD. aww I want to see/read. Nose-bleed for Lorraine. 

Does that mean, in that best challenge, Kubera wasn't a god? But a human fighting in the fighter's competition? And was that Golden Knight still a god-level item that they were fighting to win?

Edited by tkl.ee, 25 September 2015 - 06:29 AM.