Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Asha in N5 - Timeline

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Mi'knungafsa

Mi'knungafsa

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationMichigan, The Land of Water

What strikes me as potentially significant is that Carte was the Gandharva clan's stronghold according to the flashback where Menaka tells Gandharva not to interfere with the battle over Ananta. And looking back to the beginning of season one, there is a panel that has silhouettes of what look like a Nastika and a garuda sura with hands raised in praise. I've been entertaining the theory that maybe Asha is somehow connected to one of the heretical villages that worship sura kinda of like Ian in the Finite, which could explain why she knows about the chaos sura (although she could well have learned from Visnu, Shuri or her mother if the theory that her mother knew of chaos sura turns out to be valid). It may also explain why God Kubera appears to be slashing someone with his spear that looks like Asha's mother. Perhaps it came to his attention somehow that Asha's mother knew/was in contact with sura. The gods do not look kindly on humans who are friendly with sura. Of course, that does not explain why God Kubera would feel the need to go around killing people in cahoots with sura especially since God Kubera later teams up with Maruna and Gandharva.

In the very first panel of 2-158 there is a shape in the sky that looks like a bird--a big bird; a garuda sura perhaps? I'm thinking maybe Rao and co. get into a sticky situation somehow and sh*t hits the fan. In the confusion, Asha gets separated form the rest of the group. It is possible, but I'm not sure. Either way, if Rao has time to be showing Asha pictures of Anna and baby Kubera Leez, I'd say things are peaceful enough at the place they are. They don't seem to be in immediate danger, but it seems like things must go downhill for them at some point for Rao to end up disappearing and Asha to end up covered in blood. Who knows? Maybe it is plot twist time and it isn't the suras that attack but God Kubera or someone else. Now I'm probably going out on a limb, but I don't think God Kubera would be clashing people with his spear for the hell of it. And I think that we see him slashing someone with his spear is significant to the plot. Maybe Asha's mother is a Kubera. (The way things are after this chapter, if Asha's mother was indeed a Kubera that would mean she and Asha would have had the same name so that doesn't seem terribly likely which brings me back to my original theory that Asha's mother rubbed shoulders with sura one too many times). I really have no idea why Vayu would have made the neutral bow specifically for Rao, but maybe that little piece of the puzzle comes after everything else.

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts
  • LocationSomewhere I can daydream in peace, hopefully.

It looked like a tree to me... xD

Although, it could be something else, since we didn't see any other tree...

Some stuff I made: All's here!

My profile on fanfiction.net is here.

Check Kubera out if you don't know it!

Because it's fun to see Leez dying inside and outside all over the place it's a story of romance, psychology and humor. And horror. A little. 

Mi'knungafsa

Mi'knungafsa

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationMichigan, The Land of Water

No, no, look left of the tree following the mountains. To the lower right of the speech bubble above one of the distant mountain peaks is the guruda looking silhouette I'm talking about. What you're looking at in the right side definitely looks like a pine or some other tree to me. It's like the V shapes some people use to depict flying birds in the distance only it's at a different angle (I'm back to talking about the silhouette now). Actually it looks like a gliding bird, so it's more of a very slight crescent that's been turned ninety degrees

Edited by Mi'knungafsa, 13 October 2015 - 04:32 PM.

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts
  • LocationSomewhere I can daydream in peace, hopefully.

No, no, look left of the tree following the mountains. To the lower right of the speech bubble above one of the distant mountain peaks is the guruda looking silhouette I'm talking about. What you're looking at in the right side definitely looks like a pine or some other tree to me. It's like the V shapes some people use to depict flying birds in the distance only it's at a different angle (I'm back to talking about the silhouette now). Actually it looks like a gliding bird, so it's more of a very slight crescent that's been turned ninety degrees

...I think that's just a flying leaf, sorry. 

Well i could be wrong, but to me, looks like a leaf.

Some stuff I made: All's here!

My profile on fanfiction.net is here.

Check Kubera out if you don't know it!

Because it's fun to see Leez dying inside and outside all over the place it's a story of romance, psychology and humor. And horror. A little. 

Blunt

Blunt

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 388 posts

...Or maybe, Rao wasn't supposed to die but Maruna/Gandharva attacked... Wait... nope, not possible; Gandharva and Maruna's conversation in early season 1 would make me think they hadn't met a god yet. 

So I guess we can assume Vayu wasn't summoned to fight them off. Maybe Carte was on the brink of collapsing or something?

Also, wasn't Maruna's skill supposed to be powerful enough to blow up planets if he could handle the vigor?

IIRC, Vayu was summoned to teleport the transport ship because interplanetary travel became impossible after the Cataclysm. I could totally be pulling that out of nowhere though, I'm in desparate need of coffee right now lol.

tkl.ee

tkl.ee

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 426 posts

hmm maybe the timeline's something like this:

1. Maruna/suras destroyed the area/village where Mirha and Asha were. (Asha looked really young, could pass for a 6-year-old)

2. Asha wanted revenge/power. 

3. God Kubera met Asha (+ the scene with that woman)

4. Visnu met Asha (between N0 and N2, was it ever stated in the webtoon that Visnu met Asha at N5 specifically? Or are we just assuming, and made it into a fact.)

5. Asha cut her hair and joined the academy along with Mirha. (N2)

6. Rao met Asha (between N2 and N5)

7. Asha and Rao (and Mirha) spent time together. They got to know Rao more. Asha became a bit normal. She grew her hair long again. (And it seems that Rao had been away from Willarv since N0 and was stuck on Carte for 5 years.)

8. Something happened to Rao while en route to Willarv. Rao was Asha's lifeline. Then on Willarv, she swore revenge once more. (N5)

9. Now she's back with her way of cutting her hair. (N5)

Notes:

• Before meeting Rao, Asha might have been dodging Maruna and killing suras/Kuberas. Her hatred piled up. When Rao met her, her clothes might have been stained with blood from her last kill.
  • And Asha might have joined the academy with short hair. Even though the gods have met her, she hadn't killed enough Kuberas to increase her divine affinity. She probably didn't kill that many, or any, Kuberas on Carte. And yes, the only school on Carte maintained to function normally  just like how Kaz is still going to the magic academy amid all the craziness happening elsewhere. N5 was when everything collapsed. 
  • And I suspect that Visnu might have travelled into the future to talk to Asha before his disappearance.
  • Mirha and Asha hadn't talked to each other since N5. 
  • And
    Spoiler

Edited by tkl.ee, 15 October 2015 - 07:53 PM.

One Last God: Kubera (en)

Psst... need to find chapters that contain moments of LeezxYuta and LeezxKubera(Mister)? NO FEAR, click here