Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Falconia theory

Berserk fan theory

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

MrAnarchist

MrAnarchist

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationFrom Ravnica to Theros, from Innistrad to Kamigawa, I'm in no single place for too long
So I've done some thinking: is Falconia a false hope just so the God Hand can sacrifice a massive amount of humans? Think about it: all fingers have been taken but we've been told that the eclipse happens every 216 years, meaning a massive sacrifice will happen in that amount of time. But since all fingers are held, then the only logical answer is to make a SECOND God Hand.

Some point in the Golden Age arc it is said that an entire kingdom was sacrifice ages ago (either Void or Skull Knight) and it was the first eclipse to happen. If a large amount of people (say 500, the amount Griffith sacrificed) brings a finger of the God Hand, then surely a massacre of the ten thousands, possibly hundred thousands, would spawn a new God Hand.

Am I overthinking this or is there some merit to my logic? Tell me what you all think.

Edited by MrAnarchist, 26 July 2015 - 10:03 PM.

So Ulamog and Kozilek are dead, FOR GOOD. but Ugin made a good point: there's no telling how many eldrazi there are in the Blind Eternities and whether they will seek revenge.

It REALLY sucks when a pacifist makes you guilty for killing monsters.

10.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

ironstaunch

ironstaunch

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I think that makes a fair amount of sense, the main thing that wouldn't check out for me would be Griffith's motivation.  Griffith seems to believe that the ideal society is one where all humans are united in fear of a common enemy to humanity, be it demons, trolls, dragons, etc.  This is of course, morally questionable, but it seems that Griffith sincerely thinks that it's an improvement to the situation prior.  To put it simply, Griffith is an anti villain, and we don't have strong reason to believe that his morals and ideals have flipped entirely since becoming one of the god hand.  After all, if he killed all of his subjects, he wouldn't get to be king.  However, it's possible that Griffith himself is being manipulated by the other God-hand, particularly Void, so I wouldn't rule this theory out.

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

What about the Idea of Evil itself? The Godhand has been completed, does it mean it's time for the "god" itself to be summoned?

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

MrAnarchist

MrAnarchist

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationFrom Ravnica to Theros, from Innistrad to Kamigawa, I'm in no single place for too long

What about the Idea of Evil itself? The Godhand has been completed, does it mean it's time for the "god" itself to be summoned?

The Idea of Evil chapter is considered non-canon by the author, admitting that it reveals too much too soon. In short, he wants us to forget it and I am willing to do so; it didn't exactly fit in my opinion
So Ulamog and Kozilek are dead, FOR GOOD. but Ugin made a good point: there's no telling how many eldrazi there are in the Blind Eternities and whether they will seek revenge.

10.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

The Idea of Evil chapter is considered non-canon by the author, admitting that it reveals too much too soon. In short, he wants us to forget it and I am willing to do so; it didn't exactly fit in my opinion

The working makes it sound as if he's not exactly dropped the idea.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

MrAnarchist

MrAnarchist

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts

The working makes it sound as if he's not exactly dropped the idea.

True, it's possible that it will appear later on, but for now I'm speculating using only the information given and, should I say approved, by the creator.

10.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

Umberman

Umberman

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Maybe there's gonna be a god-body and a god-foot or something

maybe they're gonna summon god

7fragment

7fragment

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

Russet Potato's idea sounds plausible. Especially when you consider that Griffith has always been portrayed as a sociopath. 

But, he wants to create his own country, that's always been his goal. He's well on his way with Falconia. It would be impractical for him to sacrifice all his citizens, he'd have to start over.

Of course, it's possible his idea of a country has changed drastically. He might identify more with demons now, and want to make a country of demons. Or maybe his ambition's grown and HE wants to be God. That would fit well with his arrogance as I remember it.