Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Thoughts about the anime?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Jopat

Jopat

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts
Them nose design disturbs me. But the new character designs didn't matter to me.

"Nothing is true, Everything is permitted"
ibsR8Mi0VJHSZs.gif

duburu

duburu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts

I dont know man I actually like that they make everyone that get attack men. I dont think we will ever see itami punching the prince because he have a female japanese slave. I am imaginining right now a guy naked and sodomy yeahh.....

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

okay, why the girl turn into man ?

is this anime promoting gayness or something ? crap ...

IHoster

IHoster

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSweden

Uh, who turned into a man now?

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Ep 06 ... that's the last straw ... no blood in sight ...

and too much dumb down even in event and some other detail ...

this one is a garbage adaptation ... dropped ...

Probably not too far.

But they will make it clear what happened, somehow.

Madhous eis good in doing that.

The "Love Hug" wont be fully shown xD.

well, I guess it will creep anime watcher if they goes detailed in it ... =3= ...

Edited by yariel, 07 August 2015 - 10:00 PM.

firemagnet

firemagnet

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

oh there was blood in episode 6. look very carefully at that bayonet after she pulls it out of that one soldier. Better episode than the last ones, but still average at best.

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

we need blood gushing out from beheaded body, a small tainted bayonet with blood won't satisfy watcher bloodthirst ...

beside being gunned from helicopter main gun ... the targets should get blood sprayed out because their body get minced by heavy haul of bullets ...

why the hell are they turn into burst of dirt instead ?

Edited by yariel, 09 August 2015 - 12:27 PM.

Guest_MidoriKitzune_von_Kartoffel

Guest_MidoriKitzune_von_Kartoffel
  • Guests

I hope someone willing to translate LN ...

I only found teaser for ch 01 ...

Not gonna happen.

Novel is as thick as a lexikon. And people are turned off by the chapter length.

I asked around (about 20 translators who're doign japense novels).

No one wants to pick this up.

Mostly too because it's rather gory and racistic in certain chapters.

At least that's what someone who skipped trough it told me.

+what we already know from the manga.

(1 Chapter of Manga has about 80 sentences? Short ones. 1 Chapter of novel... ooohh god...)

I would wish for a group to pick it up after the anime hit.... but with the way they butchered up the anime. No one will be interested in the novels translation... and if, they will be shocked that not everything is loli-moe and butterslicking cute.

--

Did i answer double on this?#

--

I think i did...

Edited by MidoriKitzune, 12 August 2015 - 11:12 PM.

Voij

Voij

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

Not gonna happen.

Novel is as thick as a lexikon. And people are turned off by the chapter length.

+what we already know from the manga.

(1 Chapter of Manga has about 80 sentences? Short ones. 1 Chapter of novel... ooohh god...)

I would wish for a group to pick it up after the anime hit.... but with the way they butchered up the anime. No one will be interested in the novels translation... and if, they will be shocked that not everything is loli-moe and butterslicking cute.

--

Did i answer double on this?#

--

I think i did...

The books have another problem aswell: Gate exists in pretty much 3 versions.
1 is the anime, which is basically child-friendly and appropriate for just about all audiences because it's been "censored" by roughly a dozen different people.

2 is the manga, which is fairly gory and contains mature content, but has been looked over by at least 1 editor to ensure that it's not "too far out there".

3 is the original book, which is at least as gory as the manga, but also suffers from the fact that the creator is an ultra-nationalistic ex-military-man who's blatantly racist... and nobody was able to interfere with what he wrote and tone those tendencies down.

As such, translating the book might not be as great an idea as one could think at first.

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

most translator also from Korean, Chinese or US ...

I guess it's natural for them to refuse translating racist story at their own existence ...

ZdrytchX

ZdrytchX

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts

The scene where the head gets thrown at another guy after being beheaded was still there though

kronopy

kronopy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

First of all stop comparing the manga design with the anime design. The anime is a LN adaptation and use the latest version of the LN content and design:

http://imgur.com/a/fD79r

Second: I feel disgusted with all the crap I read here: ''This anime adaptation is shit...; is so bad that is ridiculous...; it doesent have what the fans want to see... it doesent have gore and rape e e'' You are fucked up peoples. I am worried that in a pacefull society a generation like you was born.. of generation of blood thirsty creeps who enjoy to see everything that bad in this world. Basically from what I see, for you the only value this manga has comes from gore and rape. The rest of the story is irelevant. It doesent matter that the manga followed the original storyline with pretty much loiality...the original storyline, the ones from LN... stop comparing it with the manga... even trough the manga is a LN adaptation that doesent means that is a perfectly accurate adaptation... and stop saying things like: ''It butchered the original when you guys didn't even read the LN.... comparation with X scene was not done like in the manga, or X dialogue are not ok, because in LN they may pretty much be different... the quality of animation is irelevant too, same the voice acting, the sound, and everything else... what is important is that it doesent have gore and most importantly rape.

I am not bothered about gore... it can kill my enjoyment in anime trough, because is color... but I can say for sure that I don't enjoy rape. It is one thing trough to see a simple rape in a manga, a clasic one, you know, and other thing to see sexual slavery and war rapes, which include usually gang rape, child rape, torture and a horrible death... that is pretty socking, and as someone who lives in a country that experimented something like that in WWII  and whose population didn't forget, didn't forgive and still hate with passion and resent the countries from which where the perpetuators even trough time passed and my grand parents where still childrens at that time, I feel an even strong emotional connection when I see something like this in manga. Yet I can't say I hated this manga or any other manga for having this sort of content, in facted i love this manga. I feel angry when I see this things in manga but not towards the author, but towards the character who does the deed (unless the author is seriously fuked up), that because it is a story! I can't say ''fuck this shit! it has rape! dropped!'', that would be superficial. I can't hate a book because it has war, when I love peace. So even trough I have some high moral values, I read this manga and enjoy it.

The problem comes when I see fucked up peoples like you who ask for this content and complain that is missing from the anime adaptation. I can't imagine what twisted moral values you must have to complain about that, but I can say for sure that you guys are the reason why otakus are seen as creeps. Is disgusting. Also stop shit like: ''This is a story about gore and rape, so why is it missing?!! Why did they do the anime in the first place then!'' That is bullshit! Shokugeki no Souma is a story about cooking. Kuroko no Basket is a story about basket. But this is not a story about gore, and is not a story about rape. This is a story about an interdimenssional gate, about to world with different tehnological levels, a story about war and politics, etc. The gore and rape is just content, but it doesent represent the story. As you can see from the anime it can be do without it too. From the start you complain because you had it in manga and you got used with that version... but if you didn't know the manga you didn't had any problem with the anime.

Personaly I love the manga, and I love the anime too. I enjoy both as 2 different versions, and even trough I read all the manga and i am far ahead I am still waiting for the anime evey week and enjoy it, because I like to see differences instead of an animated manga i aleardy read.

In any case, the essence of this comment was the fact that you peoples have big problems, you are seriously ill, and should seek help. The fact that is fiction and is not real doesent change your twisted moral values. Just because is not real here doesent change that is a real tragedy that happened and still happens, and other than the evil rotten peoples who did it nobody enjoed it. So stop asking for rape and find something usefull to do with your lifes.

demon_mouze

demon_mouze

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
i don't really give crap about characters design but so much plot is left out, its hard to figure why everyone pissed, or important setups are missed. like earthquake that alone brought up multiple story chances to expand upon. its still enjoyable but lacks luster. no i don't really want watch rape scene but could implied or off talked it, nor watch children get butchered but could hint at difference of values. as much i despise political bs if include relevant info like foreign be worst enemies or jp diet causing future problems in handling war.
i don't really give crap about characters design but so much plot is left out, its hard to figure why everyone pissed, or important setups are missed. like earthquake that alone brought up multiple story chances to expand upon. its still enjoyable but lacks luster. no i don't really want watch rape scene but could implied or off talked it, nor watch children get butchered but could hint at difference of values. as much i despise political bs if include relevant info like foreign be worst enemies or jp diet causing future problems in handling war.

EpyonZO

EpyonZO

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

People have a problem with the anime because it is an infantilized version of the original, sanitized to grab the largest demographic it possibly can. War is ugly, war is cruel. The manga does a great job in showing how despicable humans can be in a society very different from ours. We, as readers, also get a sense of catharsis when watching the good guys survive these awful conditions and rise above the "bad guys". The anime feels like a wacky otaku harem adventure, which is fine (I like those too sometimes), but readers of the manga expected something else, something better.

Fluffyknowsyou

Fluffyknowsyou

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 61 posts

Violence can make a show very emotional when used sparingly and with purpose,but a lot of times it amounts to targetting a certain demographic which is kind of retarded. These people equate dark themes to quality and will enjoy depictions of said themes as long as they are there. This guy basically made me not want to read the original material and almost drove me away from the anime because of how stupid he was. Luckily I didn't buy into the argument that the censorship would ruin gate, because again, dark themes aren't a sign of quality. They like lighter themes can make a story more gripping and meaningful when used with purpose. I kept this screen shot to remind myself never to think heavy subjects make a show good.

Spoiler

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

for anyone who tell guro-rape won't matter in this anime ... try to look at this anime ranking ...

another thing ...

I won't says guro-rape important to ALL anime, but if they originally have it, then they shouldn't butcher this much ... like High School of The Dead ... become craptastic ...

Example which peaceful, and yet have high ranking ... No Game No Life ... I will also actually angry if they actually put violence as extra in it ...

to sum it up, keep important aspect in anime and don't shave it off, unless it will aim to garbage can ...

this is the fact in anime / manga / LN industry ... and they all aim for money (or education at some point which someone will pay to support it)

also, there are raise in GATE version at Manga-LN sales even with bad ranking of anime ...

(which pretty much telling watcher want to seek violence at other material which don't get provided by anime)

also another note ...

as opposite from GATE, the manga version of Overlord actually kind of avoiding violence, thus most fan actually looking at anime and LN instead ...

Certain anime also have totally needless killing just for comedy / fun ...

like One Punch Man ... guro, mass slaughter, and blood everywhere ... still it's comedy type ...

(and yeah, MADHouse make it too, same like Overlord)

Not gonna happen.

well, certain group actually try to dare this LN beast ...

I doubt they get update often tough ...

Edited by yariel, 21 November 2015 - 01:28 AM.

pdaangsakti21

pdaangsakti21

Potato

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Locationin front of my pc

maybe i'm one of the minority here, i watched the anime before the manga. after the anime i totally liked it, not because of the gorish contents but actually by my own standards of "quality". for example, as far as i know there was almost no reused frames in the battle scenes (i only remember the running kids scene in ep.3 when Coda refugees being roasted). Battle at italica, for me personally, was superb. if you understand martial arts, they depicted Rory's wild dance pretty well. She was overpowered, but they DID bother drawing a smooth flow of an actual one-to many weapon-to-weapon combat, and again, no duplicate frames used. which, IMO , deserve a praise. (but Rory's voice acting was disappointing)

as for the anime vs manga... yes i was quite shocked by the fact that anime took some liberty in changing the characters designs. i found that manga's designs are more fitting to their roles. Mature contents censored, i'm not actually bothered by it, because markets may deem something friendly to their pockets. as long as they don't put something silly as filler or changed the main plots drasically, it is acceptable. oh, i don't quite like Rory's voice. and her anime design.

i'm looking forward to season 2 if they are to make it. i'm more interested in the storyline than gores. i welcome brutal scenes as long as it necessarily supports the storytelling. as for rapes... though i have no problem with the scene, i don't think airing such scene will be good.

sorry for my bad english, still a foreign laguage for my tongue.

Myreddin

Myreddin

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Well, Season 2 has been confirmed. If I saw it right, it will start in January 2016...

Fadamor

Fadamor

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 80 posts

with today's episode, the anime has caught up with the manga (mainly by

Spoiler
)

T98 Kombat

T98 Kombat

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

I think that anime is badly done,  it would be much better if they have done it as Claymore or Berserk, to be really violent, bloody and gore, and that the characters are some serious bad asses(JSDF,Rory and etc), then it would attract more viewers. But for me novel is in the first place, manga is in the second place, and anime is in tenth place, from my point of view.