Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

BUYING a cheap tablet

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

Hello, my dear potatoes (some of you are rotten potatoes, but potatoes anyway).

I am looking to buy a tablet and I've been looking at the bottom of a barrel since that's what I can afford and there is no sight of money coming in. As sad as that might sound I have actually found one that looks promising. Presitgio MultiPad 7.0 Ultra Duo - http://www.prestigio.com/catalogue/Archive_products/Multipads/MultiPad_7.0_ULTRA_DUO

The specifications look decent and the price is in my range. Anyone had experience with this one?

Now, what I'd like you guys and gals to do is if you have any experience with this particular device to tell me your impressions of it.

If you don't have experience with it, you can go ahead and post some alternatives.

CONDITIONS. It has to be Android and you need to have something to say about the device either from reading a bunch of user reviews or from personal experience.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

Kannade

Kannade

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,204 posts
  • Locationkonoha

I borrowed and never returned an ASUS MeMO Pad HD 7. I think I used it a handful of times last year and I hated it so bad that I just chucked it under my bed & forgot I even had it until you made this thread. It's a budget tablet you should avoid at all costs imo. It literally does not have anything extra installed & there aren't any pics or anything on it so it's completely clean, but it still lags once in a while which is crazy to me. Maybe this is specific to the one I have, but I always hear a really high pitched whine when I charge it (the kind of high pitched static sound that old school box shaped TVs make). If you have trash hearing then you probably won't notice it.

I also think the size is awkward/useless AF. I can't use it with one hand like I can with my phone, and I'd much rather watch videos/browse the web/read/type shit on my ancient 2nd gen ipad just because the screen is bigger. So over all I don't recommend the ASUS MeMO Pad HD 7 & I don't recommend 7-inch tablets in general.

2hot4you

2hot4you

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationThe Wild

theres no sign of money coming in, and you're buying a tablet? why would you?

aovnZo7.png

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

theres no sign of money coming in, and you're buying a tablet? why would you?

Because I'm not the one paying for bills. This is just what I got for mah birthday.

Damn it Jon, you really kno' nothin.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

2hot4you

2hot4you

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationThe Wild

So what is your price range? Do you really need a tablet? Are you gonna use it a lot?

aovnZo7.png

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

So what is your price range? Do you really need a tablet? Are you gonna use it a lot?

Like I said, price range is very low. Lowest. And I've actually found some good ones. The one above, and one by Asus, Asus MeMO Pad 7.

I want it for videos, video chats, messaging, Internet in general.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

2hot4you

2hot4you

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationThe Wild
Isnt that what your brand new pc is for?

aovnZo7.png

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

Isnt that what your brand new pc is for?

There is a few more of us in the house who'd like to use that PC you know :P Sadly I can't monopolize it so I have to share.

My phone is getting quite old and slow so I need another multimedia device.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts
  • Locationwathcing you from some place far away

just wondering... what do tablets do that phones don't?

other than have a bigger screen, that is.

あっ ちょっと死んじまった

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

just wondering... what do tablets do that phones don't?

other than have a bigger screen, that is.

They have a bigger screen, stronger hardware and spend their batteries faster.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts

They have a bigger screen, stronger hardware and spend their batteries faster.

ok, so you want the bigger screen, which is kind of understandable.

but what do you need the stronger hardware for?

maybe i just lack imagination, but i seriously don't understand what the point of it is.

あっ ちょっと死んじまった

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

ok, so you want the bigger screen, which is kind of understandable.

but what do you need the stronger hardware for?

maybe i just lack imagination, but i seriously don't understand what the point of it is.

Games, better performance, able to play high quality videos...

Tablets are bigger phones. I don't know if tablets can make calls but I never use the call function on my phone anyway, so why not have a bigger "phone" that's better at everything?
Also, this phone I have now turns off at the slightest tap sometimes so it would be good to get a new device.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts
there are tablets with phone functionality. i'm not sure about prices and availability though, never considered gettin gone myself.
あっ ちょっと死んじまった

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

Ok, I got a tablet.

Prestigio Multipad Color 8.0 3G

It has 3G, it has WiFi, it has phone capabilities, it's got nice color, smooth transitions, good screen.

I'm still messing around with it so impressions are forming.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler