Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[Spoilers] Character Cards about Chosen Regulars

card

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Masterpace

Masterpace

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
I wonder how would Baam's card look like now...I think he would be around 4D-7D or something like that. Or maybe just 1E.

I hope that SIU will update cards for season 1 characters cause I don't think that Rak and Hatsu are still 7F or Ship 8F.

Edited by Masterpace, 08 February 2013 - 08:41 PM.

Life 101:

When someone says "i'm gonna teach you a lesson" it's unusual for what follows to be an educational opportunity !!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

English is not my first language.

The Corinthian

The Corinthian

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 814 posts
Two things.

One: a persons weapons does not factor in to the over all strength on the cards. If it did then Anak, with a weapon with the power of B7 (+43 powerpoints!!!!) would be far stronger than androssi. Anaks other stats only get 45 points combined without the weapon. 88 points with the weapon. By reference, Androssi's total power is just 68 points and her ranking was E6 compared to Anaks E10.

I think it would be kind of realistic if a large number of the S1 group would become D level regulars. And the S2 group would also have a good chance if they stick together and use teamwork. Why? Because the S1 group was ridiculously powerful compared to a normal floor 2 passing group. And even at E levels they probably have two people among the strongest E level regulars. The S2 group on the other hand have (had?) Viole. And that guy will win tests no mater what he is facing or who he is climbing with. The rest of the group have good team work also.

Argent Witch

Argent Witch

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 256 posts

전술/Jeonsool means 'tactics,' so I assume 전술사/Jeonsoolsa refers to something along the lines of 'tactician.' Where are you guys getting 'lightning' from? I mean, there's the 'jeon' in 전기/jeonki ("electricity") and the 'sool' in 마법술/mabubsool ("[the art of] magic") or 점술/jeomsool ("[the art of] divination"), but we would need the hanja spelling to make that kind of conclusion.

ETA: Judging by the stat cards, SIU's English is rather terrible... so his romanization of the characters' names is a mess, too. For example, 엔도로시 is supposed to be 'Ann(e) Dorothy.' There is no 'thy' sound in Korean, which is probably why the scanlators translated her name as 'Androssi.'

It's from GoDai's translations. [Link]

The last line mentions any special positions (특수 포지션, teuksu position) that the character may hold. In Lero- Ro's case, he is a Junsulsa, aka Lightning Technique User (전술사, jeonsoolsa; 電術士)

As the term "junsulsa" can actually mean a thousand different things without knowing what hanja (chinese characters) it is composed of, a user on the official fan cafe responded to the card by inquiring "What is a Junsulsa? It sounds similar to "preacher" (전도사, jeondosa), so it sounds like a religion..." The mighty SIU himself responded "Yes, a Junsulsa preaches the shocking excitement of one million volts using shinsu. The dots on their cheeks are proof of his faith. Faith strengthens as the dots become larger." This is how we know that the "jun" refers to "電", or lightning. However, we are completely unsure of whether SIU was being serious or not. After all, he is SIU.

Couch Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 3,043 posts

ETA: Judging by the stat cards, SIU's English is rather terrible... so his romanization of the characters' names is a mess, too. For example, 엔도로시 is supposed to be 'Ann(e) Dorothy.' There is no 'thy' sound in Korean, which is probably why the scanlators translated her name as 'Androssi.'

You've written it wrong. It's 엔도르시, not 엔도로시. Still, I do agree that SIU failed to convey his naming in English.

The opinions expressed by this user are solely their own and do not express the views of Batoto and its staff.

Argent Witch

Argent Witch

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 256 posts

Ah, thank you. Is there a link available to the chat from the fancafe? It's not that I don't find the source's content unbelievable (it's SIU taking cues from Pikachu) or doesn't hold credibility, but I just prefer to have the original source on hand for individual interpretation and future reference.

Posted Image

Scroll down on this page.