Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Have you ever read 'A Muse'?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

elixer

elixer

Potato

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Locationkanyetothe best girl
A Muse, or Eungyo, is a korean novel about "Lee Jookyo (Park Haeil) is a well respected poet and college professor. He is in his 70's. Caring for his needs is his assistant and student Seo Jiwoo (Kim Mooyeol). Seo Jiwoo hopes to follow in Lee Jookyo's path as a poet and writer. One day, 17-year-old high school student Eungyo (Kim Go-eun) appears on the doorsteps of the professor's home. A complicated and volatile relationship develops between the elderly poet, his protege and the precocious high school student." (sounds worse than it is..?)

It might be available in the "international" sections of your local or city library, or maybe you would rather check out the fully translated film adaption instead. the film was one of the highest grossing korean films of 2012, also one of the most internationally critically acclaimed (for korea).

I watched the movie before trying to read the novel. And my lack of reading comprehension made it better that way, because this is not the type of novel you want your mom to read to you before bed. (even though i said its not that bad, ere are definite 'dirty' scenes and aspects of the novel. but i find it overall a more tragic story that erotic.)

Attached Files

Edited by elixer, 25 May 2015 - 02:58 AM.

LEMME SEE

HOW YOU GON' TREAT ME!

I AINT NO EASY

BETTER THINK ABOUT IT TWICE!!!