Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Insight compilation & chapter references

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

rojo

rojo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,395 posts

It was brought up that we sorely need a list of all the instances of Insight/flash forwards. I'll list more ambiguous cases (where it's not entirely clear if it's Insight, a flash forward, or neither) too.

Will be updated often, for now I'm just starting with the ones I remember. If you have any additions, please comment.

Insights

1-08: Agni sees future Leez, she says she fights because she has to "protect this name".

1-10: Agni sees an Insight of Asha, but can't tell whether he's seeing the past, present, or the future, and thinks that it's "unthinkable to see this in a human".

1-34: Kubera sees future Leez telling him that she regrets not dying the day she met him.

**1-34 book exclusive: Adult Leez is shown fighting a large, golden scaly creature. (Also seen in 2-124.)

1-35: Kubera sees future Leez telling him that when he used Insight on her, he didn't see what was really important; if he did, he wouldn't have given her the choice.

1-57: In a flashback, Visnu speaks vaguely about Yuta to Kasak.

1-81: Maruna forgets to close his eyes against Agni, who learns that the sura are searching for the Power of the Name.

1-84: Agni reads Brilith's thoughts.

1-87: Kubera tells Leez that if she chooses to live, she'll regret it, accompanied by an image of adult Leez crying with blood on her face.

1-87: Future Leez tells Kubera to get lost, or she'll kill him. She is addressing him differently in this Insight than the previous ones.

1-98: Taraka sees future Leez alone, fighting vast armies of sura and crying. She also sees a 3rd stage Yuta attacking adult Leez with the Sword of Re. (Yuta notes that her Insight may not be reliable, though later chapters show that his memories may not be reliable either.)

2-10: A flashback shows part of when Asha received an oracle from Visnu, in which he tells her that she is the least likely to win this war.

2-45: Kubera sees an Insight of adult Leez when she asks him if he likes her.

2-66: Agni sees an extended version of the Insight from 1-08. To cheer Leez up, he tells her that there will be someone who stays with her "until the very end", with the image of an unidentified hand reaching out to take adult Leez's hand.

2-68: Gandharva has a flashback in which Visnu tells him that his Name will give him "wondrous love, remarkable happiness, and friendship that transcends races."

2-96: Yuta reads Asha's thoughts when he visits her at the temple.

2-100: Yuta reads the thoughts of the crowd of people after he bites Leez.

2-105: Yuta hears the thoughts of a hidden Ananta upani.

2-110: As Yuta watches Leez practicing Bhavati Kubera, his eyes turn teal and he briefly sees her older self and hears her thinking that she "likes him very much." (It's not clear whether this is present Leez thinking, future Leez speaking, or possibly both.)

2-124: Agni talks with Brilith about the sura killing people named Kubera, and thinks of a large, snake-like creature. Said creature is seen fighting adult Leez in a book-only panel of 1-34.

2-140: Yuta reads Leez's thoughts.

2-141: Agni read's Brilith's thoughts.

2-142: In a flashback, Laila receives an oracle from Chandra.

More TBA as chapters progress.

Flash Forwards/Ambiguous Cases

*At this point it's near impossible to tell what is definitely a flash forward, so for now they go together.

1-87: Kubera has a conversation with an unknown person, who says that he "isn't Kubera anymore". May be a flashback or flash forward.

1-90: When Ran tells Leez about Hoti Kubera, a panel is shown with future Leez using the spell.

2-18: Siera says that he can't tell Leez the secret to removing the bracelet unless she becomes the next priestess of earth, followed by a silhouette of older Leez standing in the temple wearing a long, flowing skirt and with the Golden Knight on.

2-29: When Asha explains the mechanics of Hoti Yama, an image of Leez laying against a rock during her final hours is shown.

2-107: When Saha is talking about the fate of the universe, an image of adult Leez with the Sword of Return is shown.

2-119: An image of Yuta carrying adult Leez's body is shown when he says his feelings for her are just hunger.

2-129: An image of adult Leez standing in rubble is shown when Asha tells her to draw her own conclusions regarding Asha's decision not to murder her.

2-135: Yuta senses that something's wrong with Leez. (He could have either actually sensed her missing him, or it might have just been him feeling his scarf being manhandled by the transport ship workers.)

Edited by rojo, 04 July 2015 - 01:53 AM.

Shess

Shess

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 307 posts

Thanks for making this topic.

This will be very helpful as we go down the road.

Edited by TapDancingDog, 20 April 2015 - 11:49 PM.

tumblr_nd06mlXtkF1tgv0q6o1_500.gif

BehindTheLighT

BehindTheLighT

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
  • LocationItaly

there is also the extra insight in the books, where kubera sees leez fighting the golden scale thing

I'm italian, so please excuse me if my english is not very good, feel free to correct me.

Kubera ITA

StormShadow

StormShadow

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 64 posts

I have a few to add to that list

At the end of chapter 2.82, Agni sees a vision of Yuta (2nd stage?)

Asha receives the oracle (part of it) ch 2.10

Also, Vinsu told Gandharva (2.68) he would get three things:

1. Wondrous love

2. Remarkable happiness

3. Friendship that can transcends races

Yuta notes that her Insight may not be reliable.

Agni said (2.83) that she [taraka] has "exceptional abilities" of insight, while Yuta has unreliable memories.

Edited by StormShadow, 22 April 2015 - 02:28 AM.

rojo

rojo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,395 posts

there is also the extra insight in the books, where kubera sees leez fighting the golden scale thing

I have a few to add to that list

At the end of chapter 2.82, Agni sees a vision of Yuta (2nd stage?)

Asha receives the oracle (part of it) ch 2.10

Also, Vinsu told Gandharva (2.68) he would get three things:

1. Wondrous love

2. Remarkable happiness

3. Friendship that can transcends races

Agni said (2.83) that she [taraka] has "exceptional abilities" of insight, while Yuta has unreliable memories.

Thanks, I've added these!

rojo

rojo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,395 posts

Added the known instances of Yuta using Insight. I'd like to add all of the instances where his eyes turn teal, but in most of these instances the effect is unclear.

Horseshoe Crab

Horseshoe Crab

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 551 posts
1-90 In the water channel when Ran tells Leez about hoti kubera for the first time, the final scene shows future Leez with the spell's glow and her bracelet on.

2-107 Saha talks about saving humanity and the universe. A scene shows future Leez standing with the Sword of Return.

rojo

rojo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,395 posts

1-90 In the water channel when Ran tells Leez about hoti kubera for the first time, the final scene shows future Leez with the spell's glow and her bracelet on.

2-107 Saha talks about saving humanity and the universe. A scene shows future Leez standing with the Sword of Return.

Thanks, I added those and some others.

rojo

rojo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,395 posts

Added some more recent stuff.

Boggyb

Boggyb

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 891 posts

I'm pretty sure 1-35 is a flash forward rather than an insight.