Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Mob's "Psychic" Ability

Mob Psycho 100 Kageyama Shigeo

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Omno

Omno

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUnited States

How did an ordinary individual such as Kageyama Shigeo (a.k.a. "Mob") come to possess such a great amount of "psychic power?" From what we have seen so far, he seems to have almost unlimited power, however, where did this power really come from? Has Kageyama Shigeo really possessed such great power since birth or has it increased over time? Is it somehow related to the social aspect of his life (i.e. his maturing over time)?

Has he reached the limit of his ability, or is there still much that he is capable of? Or perhaps . . . there is some unknown "spiritual" entity existing within Kageyama Shigeo, allowing him to use its vast amount of power? Please let me know your thoughts on the subject of the origin of Kageyama Shigeo's psychic ability, and if you think he still has potential for even greater power.

SaitamaBro

SaitamaBro

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts

He always had psychic power, but it was weaker(at least when he was councious) from what it's been told and after relying solely on it he became more powerful, while being weak physically. The reason he is the most powerful is probably because the author(ONE) does this in every manga he makes, like OPM(strongest hero), Mob Psycho 100%(strongest psychic) and that other manga with the strongest demon.

icetre

icetre

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
I'd say he was born with his power, because as we know he stopped displaying his powers because he hurt Ritsu as well being denied by Tsubomi. However I feel there was a certain amount of growth since hurting Ritsu, because when he lost control versus Hanazawa he destroyed the school compared to him lightly injuring 3 people. This makes me think of what Mogami said about negative emotions creating a stronger power, and how when Mob is overcome w/ a negative emotion (I.e. anger etc) he seems much stronger than say w/ a positive emotion. So I feel that it's a mixture of both natural ability and environmental factors. Regarding OP' s 2nd question, I feel that Mob has much more potential than he exhibits simply because he uses only his telekinesis, which could be compared to building a house w/out the proper tools while you'd be able to it would be inferior in nearly all ways. I feel that if he learned other psychic techniques he'd exhibit unstoppable strength.

Edited by icetre, 13 May 2015 - 10:05 AM.

SaitamaBro

SaitamaBro

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts

Yes, you can see how the wig kid can copy some moves. Mob would be really strong using that technique from claw that he first met.

Pyronex

Pyronex

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts

He's super suppressed emotionally, that seems to be another reason he has so much power.

DeviantOtaku

DeviantOtaku

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

I'm still waiting ONE to reveal what's exactly inside Mob... can't wait~