Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Just venting about the anime

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

jrusse18

jrusse18

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 223 posts

I don't appreciate how the first two episodes of the second season were recaps of the first season and I don't even know if that's the last one because I only watched the first five minutes of those episodes. They really could've just done a one episode recap hit on major points and then just draw out scenes for the normal episodes but no they had to be all multiple episode recappy.

I feel better now.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Ugh, really? Two whole eps as rehash? Wow, that's cheap :D

You know, now that you mention it, I've seen that sort of thing before, but not recently. I just started season two of Baby Steps and they didn't do that at all, just went straight into new content.

Weird, I don't know, maybe something to do with the length of time in between seasons or something. Or maybe the studio was just greedy and shamelessly padding it  >_<

Tn7HA0h.png

ChanBaek92

ChanBaek92

Potato

• Contributor
  • 115 posts
  • LocationMayora Land ~

I was really excited about the new season (well, they insist on calling it a new season), atleast we'd get a new OP & ED but then they started playing the first OP and I was like ????? I had to literally check if I didn't play the wrong episode by mistake. Anyway, I didn't watch it any further. The second episode turned out to be a recap too and from the looks of it, the 3rd episode is also a recap :|

Why did they even bother making a new season?? I don't want one month of recaps ugh this is so frustrating :@

Maybe the studio needed a break? Then they could have literally taken a break this season rather than giving us recaps -_-

jrusse18

jrusse18

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 223 posts

Ugh, really? Two whole eps as rehash? Wow, that's cheap :D

You know, now that you mention it, I've seen that sort of thing before, but not recently. I just started season two of Baby Steps and they didn't do that at all, just went straight into new content.

Weird, I don't know, maybe something to do with the length of time in between seasons or something. Or maybe the studio was just greedy and shamelessly padding it  >_<

it's three episodes now so i'm pretty sure it's padding and I still don't know if they're done with recaps because I can't be bothered to watch them.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

it's three episodes now so i'm pretty sure it's padding and I still don't know if they're done with recaps because I can't be bothered to watch them.

Yeah, a shame, and I can't blame you at all for being pissed about it, either.

That just seems to be shameless greed and padding a known winner in order to stretch it out and reap more profit.........it reminds me of the feeling of being used I always got whenever I'd watch (almost every) Bleach episode only to have to sit through a recap of the previous episode that took up almost a 3rd of the new episode   >_<

Tn7HA0h.png

DavisWTG

DavisWTG

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Let's be honest, what do you guys prefer? Waiting three more weeks for new content, or waiting three more months for new content? No, seriously. Shouldn't the answer here be obvious.

The thing is - they worked on Diamond no Ace for 6 seasons straight, so give them a break. Three episodes of recaps actually is a smart strategy, mainly for -new- viewers. Not everybody who watches this season necessarily watched the previous one. Yeah, I know, one should really watch the proper order, but some just didn't have the opportunity to do so, but would like to follow it regardless. Inashiro and Yakushi are all the previous matches that actually mattered for what S2 is all about, so showing a summary of those again does help.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Spoiler

Sure, I'll be honest, I don't really agree with you at all.

To me it just sounds like you're being an apologist. You're trying to offer some defense of what's basically a bait and switch tactic by the studio producing this. They say "Tune in!! Friday night at 7!! THE NEW SEASON IS STARTING!!!!!!!" (add as many exclamation marks as you think it deserves, keeping in mind the shameless huckstering of modern day advertising)...........and then they deliver a clip show.

Well, the vast, vast, vaaaaast majority of their true target audience (the people at home watching on tv) can't now walk away, they might miss something, right?

Dude, that's a premeditated ripoff no matter how you look at it. They're not doing it to help "new viewers", that's just asinine. They're doing it because they made a decision to pad and make more money now that they've got a captive audience that has no other choice but to put up with it.

You're (seemingly) trying to make this sound like some sort of "take it or leave it" proposition, but that's not really the point here.

Yeah, everybody would have a perfect right to be unhappy, and that's just a given with one episode. And now it's three?! Aw, come on, you've got to be joking trying to defend that.

Tn7HA0h.png

jfdhdf

jfdhdf

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Sure, I'll be honest, I don't really agree with you at all.

To me it just sounds like you're being an apologist. You're trying to offer some defense of what's basically a bait and switch tactic by the studio producing this. They say "Tune in!! Friday night at 7!! THE NEW SEASON IS STARTING!!!!!!!" (add as many exclamation marks as you think it deserves, keeping in mind the shameless huckstering of modern day advertising)...........and then they deliver a clip show.

Well, the vast, vast, vaaaaast majority of their true target audience (the people at home watching on tv) can't now walk away, they might miss something, right?

Dude, that's a premeditated ripoff no matter how you look at it. They're not doing it to help "new viewers", that's just asinine. They're doing it because they made a decision to pad and make more money now that they've got a captive audience that has no other choice but to put up with it.

You're (seemingly) trying to make this sound like some sort of "take it or leave it" proposition, but that's not really the point here.

Yeah, everybody would have a perfect right to be unhappy, and that's just a given with one episode. And now it's three?! Aw, come on, you've got to be joking trying to defend that.

you know, try to be more considerate. these studios work A LOT in tight schedules to air enjoyable material. 3 recap episodes are not the end of the world. making such a big fuss out of this and feeling cheated is just beyond me. they've been working on this nonstop since 2013. even if they weren't in tight spots and wanted some measly profit, they still deserved it for all the effort they've put into animating this series. but knowing the industry, i'm sure they wanted to take a short break regardless.

Edited by Chie., 22 May 2015 - 09:54 PM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

you know, try to be more considerate. these studios work A LOT in tight schedules to air enjoyable material. 3 recap episodes are not the end of the world. making such a big fuss out of this and feeling cheated is just beyond me. they've been working on this nonstop since 2013. even if they weren't in tight spots and wanted some measly profit, they still deserved it for all the effort they've put into animating this series. but knowing the industry, i'm sure they wanted to take a short break regardless.

Yeah, sorry, I don't agree with you any more than DavisWTG. 

I think you're going out of your way to rationalize and (at the very least, tacitly) endorse someone's bad behavior. But, you have a right to your opinion, just as I have a right to mine  :)

Tn7HA0h.png

tototo

tototo

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Yeah, sorry, I don't agree with you any more than DavisWTG. 

I think you're going out of your way to rationalize and (at the very least, tacitly) endorse someone's bad behavior. But, you have a right to your opinion, just as I have a right to mine   :)

Well. No one said we can't have our own opinion. Just advising you to be more considerate of others. I don't see how this is bad behavior at all. It's kind of like looking at things in a more human way or something like that. But i get that people are different and not everyone can be considerate of everything. Sorry, my mistake.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Well. No one said we can't have our own opinion. Just advising you to be more considerate of others. I don't see how this is bad behavior at all. It's kind of like looking at things in a more human way or something like that. But i get that people are different and not everyone can be considerate of everything. Sorry, my mistake.

Wow, I seriously have no idea where you (or jfdhdh for that matter, now that I look at it again) come up with the unmitigated gall to characterize my expressing an opinion as being inconsiderate to others.

You don't think you're being a little inconsistent here? You say it's ok to have an opinion but I can't express it in any way? That makes sense to you? 

The studio producing the Diamond no Ace anime chose to make the first few eps filler/recap episodes, essentially getting to add free (produced at hardly any expense to them) content that they then charged everybody for (you know, by making the helpless tv viewers watch the commercials but getting no new content out of it?). That's the bad behavior I referred to.

I'm sorry, buddy, but someone expressing an opinion you don't agree with is not a question of them being considerate or inconsiderate to you......it's just you not getting your way. I suppose you'll have to learn to live with it.  :)

Tn7HA0h.png

tototo

tototo

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Wow, I seriously have no idea where you (or jfdhdh for that matter, now that I look at it again) come up with the unmitigated gall to characterize my expressing an opinion as being inconsiderate to others.

You don't think you're being a little inconsistent here? You say it's ok to have an opinion but I can't express it in any way? That makes sense to you? 

The studio producing the Diamond no Ace anime chose to make the first few eps filler/recap episodes, essentially getting to add free (produced at hardly any expense to them) content that they then charged everybody for (you know, by making the helpless tv viewers watch the commercials but getting no new content out of it?). That's the bad behavior I referred to.

I'm sorry, buddy, but someone expressing an opinion you don't agree with is not a question of them being considerate or inconsiderate to you......it's just you not getting your way. I suppose you'll have to learn to live with it.   :)

I'm sorry if I didn't express myself well enough, I didn't mean to say that you have no right to express your opinion. I really didn't mean to!! And I'm also sorry for using the word "inconsiderate", that was bad wording on my part. The only thing I wanted to get across is to accept life the way it is because getting frustrated over something like recap episodes of an anime is tiring. But of course, you have circumstances other than mine, maybe they fit perfectly fine into your life

Now that I reread what I wrote, I didn't even use the word inconsiderate. I knew something was off since I would never say anything about a complete stranger's character, especially not on the internet. Again, it was probably bad wording on my part or I just simply couldn't express it well enough, but I didn't mean to say anything about you nor your opinion

Edited by tototo, 08 July 2015 - 07:16 AM.