Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Contributor Request

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Saki~

Saki~

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 8 posts

Heyy, I would like to request to be a contributor for this website. I have worked alongside Heavenly Scans to scan clean and upload Medarot. I would like my fair share of credit if that's possible. Thank you very much. 

Tobias

Tobias

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 6 posts

I have worked alongside him cleaning the pages. I am also the translator of Heavenly Scans.

Saki~

Saki~

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 8 posts

I have read and understood the rules and guidelines and I understand the technicalities. 

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

I have found 0 approved uploads under your account and does not meet the requirements of #1 of the approval procedures. I cannot approve you at this time.

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

I would like my fair share of credit if that's possible.

To expand on what Grumpy said, Contributor status is for people who upload chapters to batoto and want to bypass the moderation queue (i.e. a contribution mod having to check every upload they make before it's available publicly: if it's a proper chapter, if it's labelled correctly, if the uploader used correct file or filename format in case the chapter doesn't want to load, etc. - hence we require people to upload things first so we can see they actually know how to do it). It doesn't mean "I'm a part of scanlation group" (some contributors simply focus on uploading things no one else has uploaded yet and aren't members of any particular group), but "I help in uploading comics here".

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

Saki~

Saki~

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 8 posts

To expand on what Grumpy said, Contributor status is for people who upload chapters to batoto and want to bypass the moderation queue (i.e. a contribution mod having to check every upload they make before it's available publicly: if it's a proper chapter, if it's labelled correctly, if the uploader used correct file or filename format in case the chapter doesn't want to load, etc. - hence we require people to upload things first so we can see they actually know how to do it). It doesn't mean "I'm a part of scanlation group" (some contributors simply focus on uploading things no one else has uploaded yet and aren't members of any particular group), but "I help in uploading comics here".

I understand the minimum upload requirements. I will upload Chapter 2 of Medarot myself then for proof of proficiency. Also I think it should be noted that I was physically next to Tobias when he uploaded the first chapter, so I'm not 100% ignorant in uploading. But thank you very much!

Also I thought dust cleaning, editing and color balancing every page of the chapters would make me "part of a scanlation" team. Bummer~

Edit: I'm not sure if you're referring to the contributor status as a person that "isn't part of a scanlation team" but "uploads comics here." But I truly am I part of Heavenly Scans. I even designed our logo~

Edited by Saki~, 05 April 2015 - 03:39 AM.

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

Also I thought dust cleaning, editing and color balancing every page of the chapters would make me "part of a scanlation" team. Bummer~

Edit: I'm not sure if you're referring to the contributor status as a person that "isn't part of a scanlation team" but "uploads comics here." But I truly am I part of Heavenly Scans. I even designed our logo~

Haa... I'm not saying you don't belong to HS, I'm just explaining that contributor status is unrelated to being a scanlator (which from how you worded your post I assumed you thought otherwise - I apologise if I misunderstood you on that). The "fair share of credit" you'll get from being on group's credits page if you include it in your releases or from being listed as a member somewhere else. Contributor status only means that uploads made using your account will skip the moderation queue. There are cases of scanlation groups who do upload directly to batoto not applying for it (here's a recent example of a group uploading for ~2 years before deciding to apply) and there are cases of normal readers/users applying for it because they want to fill the blanks (mostly either with old scanlations no one has uploaded yet or with releases from groups that are not interested in uploading things here themselves) and don't want to burden staff with having to check everything they upload.

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

Saki~

Saki~

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 8 posts

There are cases of scanlation groups who do upload directly to batoto not applying for it (here's a recent example of a group uploading for ~2 years before deciding to apply) and there are cases of normal readers/users applying for it because they want to fill the blanks (mostly either with old scanlations no one has uploaded yet or with releases from groups that are not interested in uploading things here themselves) and don't want to burden staff with having to check everything they upload.

Now I completely understand! However this only makes me want a contributor status even more because Tobias has his hands full with translating tons of material, and I typically do the final editing and cleaning. This works out well because I can just directly upload the finished pages.

Oh and I'm almost done editing the 2nd chapter of Medarot, so hopefully this will clear up any misunderstandings. Thank you for clearing it up~

seyrine

seyrine

Unemployed Kitty In A Penguin Suit

• Administrators
  • 1,830 posts
  • LocationLurking nearby...
Checked, verified. Approved.

Catch my story; the Neverender Series

Batoto's Rules Repository | Rules, Guidelines and FAQs

Rules and Regulations | How to get help | Frequently Asked Questions

If all else fails, PM me. And use the REPORT button if you see any content that may violate site policy.

Catch me on irc.idlechat.net (#seyrine) and D.F.T.B.A.!