Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles

Using an android/iOS viewer...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Guest_caelen_von_Kartoffel

Guest_caelen_von_Kartoffel
  • Guests
After learning about what a monster mangafox is, I would really like to support the scanlators and authors.

However, I usually read through the android app, mango.

I was just wondering if there is ad revenues for a site if someone uses an app? or does the revenue go to the apps programmer?

Trebor

Trebor

Voice to the Voiceless

• Administrators
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationUSA
I tried to look for Mango and couldn't find it, so here are some general points:

- Apps usually remove ads, that's the whole point of apps, so if you're not viewing it through our website, we're (likely) not receiving ad revenue
- No one can "steal" the revenue that goes from us/our participating scanlators. However, they can put ads of their own -- i.e., I'm assuming the app just shows the images of manga, without the Batoto website. If that app has ads, then the creator is profiting from Batoto, so it is "stealing" in a sense, but probably not the sense you were thinking of
Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri

scsa20

scsa20

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
Manga isn't found in the market because Google banned it, if you do a Google search for "mango manga reader" you'll find it then.

I'll be honest and say I use it for the convenience of not having to use the web browse even though I have ads completely blocked (rooted tablet = whatever I want to do).

If there was an app officially released by batoto I'd use it, and if there's a donation version I'd get that one just to help out batoto.

kurara

kurara

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts
I have a similar question. What to do if one has been using mangafox iphone app? How to get them to convert to batoto.com?