Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Slow image loading

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

zalhay

zalhay

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
Images from img.bato.to have been loading rather slowly for me since last week. Loading times are ranging from about 10 seconds to 2 minutes (~200-300 KB pictures). Such connectivity issues didn't occur to me on any other website yet. Connecting from western europe, around 8 pm GMT every day. I hope it's just a temporary issue.

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA

First try switching to a different image server using the gear icon next to the page number to see if it fixes it.

If the problem persists on all of the servers, I'd assume it's a problem on your end and we can go from there :)

My words are my own, and do not represent Batoto in any way, shape, or form unless otherwise stated in the post itself ^.^

zalhay

zalhay

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Setting it from the default US to an EU server helped, thanks.

Meow Zorg

Meow Zorg

Potato

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationNapa, California

same here. batoto loads like a potatoe sometimes, so i have to use kissmanga

To be honest i believe that fan service is terrible

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

same here. batoto loads like a potatoe sometimes, so i have to use kissmanga

As Dak already mentioned, you can try manually selecting what image server you use. Some may work better than others for you.

Dresos

Dresos

Potato

• Members
  • 150 posts

This worked wonders for me as well, thanks a lot.

BanzaiBonsai

BanzaiBonsai

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationGermany

Related Issue (already resolved by this), couldn't load the actual manga images on any browser I tried (ff,chrome, even ie), but all other images on the website worked. Seems it was trying to autoaccess img1.bato.to which does not seem to work for me right now. All other imageservers do work though.

I could ping img1 though, so no idea why it doesn't work with images atm.

And the autoselect doesn't seem to "work" really, if it should choose the best connection. 1 and 2 are about 110ms, 3 and 4 are about 35ms for me.

Edited by BanzaiBonsai, 30 March 2015 - 01:15 PM.

Pouf

Pouf

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Yes imgserver1 seems to be down.

I've also noticed an other issue, when you're not logged the website only use this server even if you try to select an other manually

ragm54

ragm54

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSpain

No pages loads using Chrome, but it works perfectly using Internet Explorer, how weird

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts
May or may not be related, but this happened in my phone today and went away when I turned it off and on. Changing image server didn't work for me.