Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[Concept/OOC] Rise of Nations

RP OOC Concept Fantasy 4x

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

Socrates

Socrates

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 273 posts
I was thinking of ways to abuse Prestige last night and came up with this scenario:

Player A only has his starting 3 officers. Player B has a shit-load of prestige. Player B constantly tries to steal an officer from Player A. Player B succeeds, leading to Player A to only having 2 officers.

Should our initial officers be protected s.t. we avoid a scenario like above? Especially if to recruit another officer you need at least one available officer for that turn

Vafhudr

Vafhudr

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts

Or you know, Player A makes a tripartite alliance and comes over to crush you for messing with his officers. 

92242d14-d321-46c6-a0ac-45c7a9ce6bb0_zps

ANIMA

ANIMA

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationAbsurdistan

Officer with 5 loyalty will hardly be recruited by a Subterfuge 1 or 2. 

Also, what Vaf said. 

And in the beginning your nation doesn't know about other nations, so you can't bribe their officers. 

Edited by ANIMA, 17 January 2015 - 02:09 PM.

jhdesg.gif

Inumori

Inumori

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Location....good question.....

Work in progress.

Never mind. Not sure I have time for three yet. Might try again later.

Edited by Inumori, 18 January 2015 - 03:03 AM.

The Dog's Woods

Spoiler

An Adventure by Mischief

Siderealmidnight

Siderealmidnight

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationQuindecim

Hey all, I have another mechanics change to let you in on. Seeing how nobody wants to keep track of what particular units their armies are comprised of any perks that affect your armies apply to standing armies only unless otherwise specified. This change is to make sure that the really sweet perks aren't useable 100% of the time, and because from an RP standpoint for most races your levied armies aren't going to have the same resources as your professional military forces.

That being said, here are some perk changes due to this change in mechanics:

Pitou:

Spoiler

Vaf:

Spoiler

Dark:

Spoiler

DR:

Spoiler

Socrates:

Spoiler

That should hopefully be the last of the major changes. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to run them by one of us.

Edited by Siderealmidnight, 17 January 2015 - 09:23 PM.

tumblr_inline_njvtpuPv101t0tz7s.gif

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

@BDM: When you said that max number of starting perks are 7, does that included officer specific perks? If so then I have 1 extra and I don't know which one to shelve. So if you decide to axe one off randomly, I'll accept.

If it doesn't include then I have one less. If I get one more then I request a magic specific perk which targets my Shamanism

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Siderealmidnight

Siderealmidnight

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationQuindecim

the officer-specifics are just ideas. I don't think any of your officers start with perks (well, yours do, but everyone else does not)  you get them by leveling.

Also, The Dead Linger is related to your shamanism. Do you want something based off those minor guardian spirits?

Edited by Siderealmidnight, 18 January 2015 - 05:11 AM.

Darkoda

Darkoda

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts

Hm, gonna take some time to fill out those other sections.

Since you asked: Okami's 'magic' is their inborn vitality from essentially being dragons in humanoid form. Basically its the reason that they're physically better than they appear and why all of them have an elemental breath thing.

They don't cast spells like a mage or anything of the sort, they just get sharper senses, more physically capable, harder to get spells to stick and the like. And obviously their breath attack gets nastier.

So yeah, they're less magic pew pew and more rawr and doom breath and I can punch anything

New-300-Nintendo-sig.gif

Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

the officer-specifics are just ideas. I don't think any of your officers start with perks (well, yours do, but everyone else does not)  you get them by leveling.

Also, The Dead Linger is related to your shamanism. Do you want something based off those minor guardian spirits?

Then I have 1 less perk. May I get a free Dock since mine is a major fishing civ?

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Siderealmidnight

Siderealmidnight

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationQuindecim

I don't think it fits thematically though. The civs that got free buildings had their entire culture centered around things which provide those buildings (Keyumar on a just government and a just society, Sargon on a well-educated populace, Valkyria on worshiping the Faceless One). Your civ doesn't strike me as one with a culture centered on fishing.

Though ogling your CS again I got an idea for another perk for your guys.

The Last Hunt: For each unit of size an army loses in battle the upkeep cost of their army is reduced by one for the following update. This bonus applies to both standing and levied armies.

What this would mean is that if you had an army of size ten and they lost five HP their upkeep for the following update would be zero.

ANIMA

ANIMA

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationAbsurdistan

One of the 3 starting Officers starts with a Perk. I should have that written somewhere :o

Edited by ANIMA, 18 January 2015 - 09:26 AM.

jhdesg.gif

Siderealmidnight

Siderealmidnight

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationQuindecim

That's going to be outside the starting 7 then. I'll probably end up drafting some general ones that anyone can use, leave the racials for higher levels.

And here they are:

Spoiler

@DR- in case you're wondering this means one of you officers will have two perks (one of them being martyr).

Edited by Siderealmidnight, 19 January 2015 - 12:56 AM.