Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[Concept/OOC] Rise of Nations

RP OOC Concept Fantasy 4x

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

ANIMA

ANIMA

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationAbsurdistan

6xz3uu.jpg

RISE OF NATIONS

Ride Forth Victoriously!

PREMISE
Welcome to the Tabula Rasa, a world whose history has yet to be written. In this RP you shall take the role not of one or two characters but that of an entire nation! In your hands you will hold the fates of thousands of people and their prosperity or disaster shall depend on your actions.

What kind of nation shall you lead is entirely your choice. Will it be focused on commerce or military? Will it be a country of sentient fungi or possibly a state of clockwork men? You will be given large freedom when creating it and I will strive to keep it as sandbox as possible. There will be no predetermined storyline and no end boss. Sure, from time to time I may send a “natural” disaster your way, but otherwise I will limit myself to mediation when conflict arise between players and to making sure everyone follows the rules.

However, this is still largely a concept, and there are a stuff that I need to do before the RP can start.

MAP

Spoiler

MECHANICS

Spoiler

CS

Spoiler

BUILDINGS

Spoiler

Edited by ANIMA, 18 January 2015 - 09:32 AM.

jhdesg.gif

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts

Are flying manta rays allowed? :D

ANIMA

ANIMA

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationAbsurdistan

If you think you can make it work, I see no reason to say no. 

jhdesg.gif

Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash

Potato

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationA cloud
Spoiler

ika4QNM.png

Socrates

Socrates

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 273 posts
Anima, how does time progress in this RP?

Siderealmidnight

Siderealmidnight

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationQuindecim
Interest shown. Though the old really good art I used for the omf one has been lost to the sands of time.

tumblr_inline_njvtpuPv101t0tz7s.gif

Vafhudr

Vafhudr

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts

Spoiler

Edited by Vafhudr, 14 January 2015 - 04:56 AM.

92242d14-d321-46c6-a0ac-45c7a9ce6bb0_zps

ANIMA

ANIMA

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationAbsurdistan

Anima, how does time progress in this RP?

I don't have anything set in stone. I originally considered it to be one year per turn/update, but if people don't find having immortal Officers to break their immersion, I may change it to a larger timespan. 

jhdesg.gif

Darkoda

Darkoda

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts

And the dragon girls return.

Spoiler

New-300-Nintendo-sig.gif

Spoiler

Siderealmidnight

Siderealmidnight

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationQuindecim

Spoiler

Wanted to do something different this time because my old idea is literally in the description of the RP.

Muninn

Muninn

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts

Whats the overall tech level?

I'm kinda making a Norse/US mash-up type thing, but need to know at what level the technology is in general.

ezgif.com-resize_zpsxceqaae1.gif

Crimson Century: Bratumił

Edge of Destiny: Geraint

Vafhudr

Vafhudr

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts

Most of us seemed to have assumed that it was something like classical era stuff. Mine is modeled on Ancient Athens and the Icelandic Commonwealth, so somewhere between 500 BC and the 10th century. 

ANIMA

ANIMA

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationAbsurdistan

Whats the overall tech level?

I'm kinda making a Norse/US mash-up type thing, but need to know at what level the technology is in general.

Like Vaf said, ancient to medieval, though some degree of modernity and/or sci-fi will be tolerated. Last time we had clockwork men, but BDM made them such that they didn't feel out of place, so if you can do it, I'll be lenient :D

jhdesg.gif

ANIMA

ANIMA

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationAbsurdistan

So... I went and made Stats.

Spoiler

I'll need feedback on this, because it is possible I got carried away in the process. 

Also, map.

Spoiler

You are free to pick any one hexagon as your starting province. 

Edited by ANIMA, 12 January 2015 - 10:44 AM.

jhdesg.gif

Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash

Potato

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationA cloud
Maunya is located in an area of fertile plains. If your map already has intended zones, let me know

Otherwise it will be located at 145

Edited by Katia Managan, 12 January 2015 - 08:03 PM.

ika4QNM.png

Siderealmidnight

Siderealmidnight

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationQuindecim

Mawuri are in the swamps and relatively isolated, so I would say 142.

Darkoda

Darkoda

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts

The Okami live in a very mountainous area by the sea so 53 seems best.

New-300-Nintendo-sig.gif

Spoiler

Siderealmidnight

Siderealmidnight

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationQuindecim

By the by, in regards to the stat system I don't see any serious problems with it outside of creating baselines (a ranking system to denote what putting points in a thing actually does) and starting us off with only a set amount of points to distribute in our starting region based on them.

The way this is designed also leads me to believe that the perks our races possess will all have to do with these stats, or potentially give us unique special abilities that effect the way these stats do or do not work (a la Endless Legends), is that the case?

Vafhudr

Vafhudr

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts

Just a thing about armies, Anima. Most of the nations so far don't really have a standing army. Most of our civs, in fact, could probably not support one. They lack the centralized organization to do that kind of stuff. 

For instance, my civ can 'raise' an army, kind of like in Crusader Kings II, when they engage in expedition mode or in raid mode, but they aren't exactly a standing army. Each of my 'cities' would be a province, and since each city can muster a citizen army I would get a temporary 'army' that then gets disbanded once its finished. 

Also I'll take 83 or 92 since they are the ones that look the most northern-ish without being on that island. 

ANIMA

ANIMA

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationAbsurdistan

Yes, perks will mostly revolve around stats and special abilities (what else?  :huh: )

About armies... How about having 2 types: standing armies and levied armies. Standing armies will function as originally intended: you pay to make them, pay for upkeep, they permanently take up part of your population and they are always ready for action. Levied armies will be "invisible" until you decide to raise them and raising them will cost nothing (though you'd still pay for upkeep), they'll give 2 units to army's Size but every time you lose 2 units from levied army you permanently lose 1 pop. Also, levied armies will be less effective. 

Edited by ANIMA, 14 January 2015 - 02:39 PM.

jhdesg.gif