Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Tale of Felluah Character List

Tale of Felluah characters

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

zel

zel

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts

Tale of Felluah Character List

There are so many characters in this series that I was having trouble keeping them all straight, so I decided to start keeping a character list. This list has last been updated as of Royal Heart's Vol.4 Chap.1 release. As the series continues I plan to update it with any new characters. I will be adding in more profile and (family) coat of arms images as well for clarity. Have I missed someone notable? Please, let me know below!

Note: I am not sure from the chapters so far if the country is called "Elloison" or if that is simply the last name of the royal household.

Note about page numbers: The page numbers are referring to the pages as they appear here on Batoto, not the page numbers from the printed manhwa.

Note: Because of the ten images per post limit, I needed to split up this character list over multiple posts. -I made sure to check if this case was an eligible exception to the no double posting rule.-

Lord Arthur LaPrez, Earl of Felluah, a province in the southernmost end of the realm
Only son of the previous earl and his lady, Arthur became the eighth Earl of Felluah at the age of nine (vol1 ch4). At seventeen years old, he accepted the marriage proposal to Orthez immediately after her father offered it via the Duke of Fano, before even seeing her portrait. Their marriage was with permission by the king and held on May 5th, Grouse year 589. He is at first apparently indifferent to marrying Orthez as he still has feelings for Igraine. He fooled others into thinking that his and Orthez's marriage has been consummated by bloodying their bed sheets a bit after their first night of marriage. He dislikes hunting (vol1 ch3) and has a low tolerance for alcohol (vol3 ch3 p18).

(Note: a translator explained their manner of translating the names in the first chapter. However, in volume 1 chapter 4, page 10, Arthur is reading a book with his family crest upon it and the name "Laprey". This might be the author's intended romanization. In volume 2 chap5 p.15, another translator also translated the name as "Lafley".)
arthur.png LaPrez coat of arms laprezfelluahcr.pnglaprezfelluahbw.png

Lady Orthez LaPrez-Acryl of Tessa, Countess of Felluah
Eldest daughter of the Duke of Tessa, a dukedom more north than Felluah. Grouse Year 589, 3rd month, she sat for her engagement portrait. Previously, her father made a marriage proposal via the Duke of Fano for between her and the earl of Felluah, Arthur, despite her having been rumored to be in a position to have become the next crown princess. Their marriage was with permission by the king and held on May 5th, Grouse year 589, a couple of/few months before Orthez' seventeenth birthday. 

A week after their wedding festivities without Arthur visiting her chambers once since then, she tells him that for her reputation's sake he has to sleep there every few days and that she will be faithful to him so he should respect her. Though she may not hold her husband's love (yet), she still feels that her marriage to him is a great blessing (vol1 ch5). She hates Prince Paris and worries that his attentions will cause trouble not only for her welcome amongst the ladies at court but also for Felluah, so she is caught between being polite to Prince Paris and trying to keep him at a distance. 

She is a fan of Miss Elize Beumann's Yudith and Sigismund and like Arthur has a low tolerance for alcohol (vol3 ch3 p18).
Due to the arguing between Lady Asrealt, Lady Cruger, and her nursemaid Lady Elize, Orthez is finding difficulty learning everything she needs to know to be a proper mistress of the castle of Felluah (vol3 ch1).
orthez.png Acryl coat of arms acryltessacrest.pngacryltessabw.png

Edited by zel, 20 July 2015 - 04:37 PM.

zel

zel

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts

=Earldom of Felluah=

-The Knights of Pabina/Fabina, serving the Earldom of Felluah-

Their military banner knightspabina.png

Jules Asrealt
A knight of Felluah and a close hand of Arthur. Not a first child and as such he is not set to inherit property making his chances of marriage slimmer (vol1 ch3). Wild fan of Miss Elize's Yudith and Sigismund.

jules.png

Laryn/Larin
Vice-commander of the Pabina Knights of Felluah and another close hand of Arthur. He is married to Lady Mana/Anna and known as "the most henpecked husband in Felluah" (vol1 ch3). He often doesn't treat Wion LaPrez as his superior. With Wion planning to enter a monastery, he becomes the new commander.
laryn.png

Nox Asrealt, also known simply as "Asrealt"
Jules Asrealt's elder, fraternal twin brother. Currently away from Felluah, wandering as a knight-errant. However, the Pabina knights wonder if he knows of Arthur's marriage (vol1 ch3). He is known as the "knight of flowers" and also has no interest in becoming commander (vol2 ch2).

Ean/Eon Leece
Pabina knight of Felluah. He enters the joust representing Felluah in vol2 chap1. Not social with many ladies but has a crush on the mistress of Felluah, Orthez.
(Note: In vol 2 ch2 p10, there seems to be a translation mistake where Laryn is speaking with Sir Larry, but calls Ean "Sir Larry".) Ean has no desire to be the commander of the Pabina knights despite entering the joust as their representative. He is a "hearth son", having promised to never marry and stay in the house, upon the death of Arthur's(?) father (vol2 ch2).
eanleece.png

Knight of Pabina with page-boy haircut
A loyal knight serving the Earl of Felluah. He is irritated by Sir Larry's insinuations against Orthez's honor (vol2 ch2 p12).
pagecut.png

Wibbel (deceased)
Igraine's father, a former commander of the knights of Pabina.

Edited by zel, 11 January 2015 - 05:35 PM.

zel

zel

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts

=Earldom of Felluah cont.=

-Upper figures-

Wion LaPrez
Arthur's paternal uncle and guardian after his father's passing. He is captain/commander of the Pabina Knights of Felluah and writes manuscripts as a hobby. Though Laryn is Wion's subordinate, Laryn ignores hierarchic protocol by trying to send him to the jousting tourney to represent Felluah, because Wion "has the most free time" (vol.1 ch.5). Wion is planning to enter a monastery now that Arthur is grown and capable, making Laryn the new commander/captain.
Jules Asrealt's father and siblings
Mentioned in vol1 ch5.
Lady Asrealt
Is Jules's mother (vol3 ch3 p12, vol3 ch1 p7). In vol1 ch5, it is mentioned that she is currently pregnant again. The lady Asrealt helped raise Arthur after his parents died when he was young (vol2 ch5). She was his teacher and filled in as mistress of the castle (vol3 ch1 p7). She constantly butts heads with Arthur's nanny, Lady Cruger, and now Lady Elize, Orthez's nursemaid, as well.

Dwait LaPrez (deceased)
Father of Arthur and the seventh lord of Felluah (vol1 ch4). Estranged from, though apparently still faithful to, his wife after Arthur's birth (vol1 ch5). He died when Arthur was nine in the year 581.
dwaitlaprez.png

Anais Grey of Milton (deceased)
Mother of Arthur (vol1 ch4). Estranged from, though apparently still faithful to, her husband after Arthur's birth (vol1 ch5). She died when Arthur was nine in the year 581.
anaisgrey.png

Lady Cruger
Arthur's nanny. She constantly argues with Lady Asrealt and Lady Elize about how things should be done in the castle.
Lady Elize of Tessa
Orthez's nursemaid (vol3 ch1 p8); not to be confused with Miss Elize Beumann the authoress of Yudith and Sigismund.

Edited by zel, 12 January 2015 - 12:04 AM.

zel

zel

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts

=Earldom of Felluah cont.=

-Lower staff-

Rita of Tessa
Orthez's maid, has two black braids (vol2 ch3 p29 v2ch517-18 v3ch1p11).
The head maid of the castle of Felluah
The three seamstress maids
Gossip sadly about their masters' lack of passionate attraction to each other (vol2 ch5).

Luidell the bard
Apparently the best bard in the kingdom. Lady Asrealt, Lady Cruger and Lady Elize all think so even though they still manage to disagree (vol3 ch1). He played at Arthur and Orthez's wedding.

zel

zel

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts

=Dukedom of Tessa=

Lord Acryl, Duke of Tessa
Slightly longer than shoulder-length light hair and a mustache, he is Orthez's father. To public surprise, he asked via the Duke of Fano for Orthez's marriage proposal to the Earl of Felluah, instead of pushing to have his daughter wed Prince Paris. He apparently told Arthur to marry Orthez as soon as possible (vol1 ch5).
Orthez believes her father would not care about Orthez and Arthur having an unconsummated marriage but faking otherwise. However, Arthur believes that he would (vol1 ch5). According to Orthez, he cannot really trust Arthur because he is handsome (vol2 ch2).
Orthez and Marina are currently his only children.

Duchess of Tessa
Orthez's mother, mentioned in vol2 ch2, seems to have a temper. Likes Arthur because he is handsome. Orthez misses her.
Judging from vol 2 ch2 p23 & 27, this lady with the Duke of Tessa peering over her shoulder is likely her.
 duchesstessa2.pngduchesstessa2b.png
However there is also this lady with dark hair, wearing the Acryl coat of arms, and accompanied by a maidservant in vol1 ch1.
duchesstessa.pngduchesstessab.png

Marina Acryl of Tessa
Orthez's little sister. Under the mistaken impression that Arthur must be poor because his large castle is smaller than her father's.

marinaacryl.png

Edited by zel, 10 January 2015 - 08:16 PM.

zel

zel

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts

=Other=

The king of Elloison/of the house of Elloison
Father of Prince Paris. He approved of Arthur and Orthez's marriage and even makes a father-in-law joke when they first visit court (vol1 ch6). He keeps Igraine as his mistress.
Queen Mona of Elloison
Second queen of the king. Childless, she fills her longing for love by gossiping about others' affairs. She married the king at 17 years of age and is now 20. She writes plays.
queenmona.png

Prince Paris of Elloison
Heir to the king born of his late first wife. The prince is widely rumored to be attracted to Orthez. He is crazy about both Orthez and dancing and is very good at jousting.
paris.png

Igraine "unknown married last name"-Wibbel, Marchioness of Ricel
Wedded to the Marquis of Ricel (Note: in vol 1 chap 6, it sounds as if she is the marquis daughter. However, vol2 makes clear that she is his wife.). She is originally from Felluah, and her father was a former commander of the Pabina Knights. She and Arthur were young lovers, and he once proposed to her (vol3 ch5). However, she caught the attention of the king and became the king's mistress and Marchioness of Ricel (vol4 ch1). She attended Arthur's wedding to Orthez. She still loves Arthur, and carries a locket with a lock of black hair probably from him (vol2 ch3).

The other ladies of court are avoiding her because she is the mistress of the king (vol1 ch6). She once sent Arthur a letter signed "With love, Igraine" that Arthur was reading/or flashes back to when Orthez's engagement portrait arrived (ch.1). 

In vol 2 ch2 p12, one of the Pabina knights -the one with the page-boy haircut- is riled by Sir Larry's comments of the Pabina knights' good fortune to be serving Orthez who is the daughter of the Duke of Tessa and favored by Prince Paris. The knight comments "What's so great about that? My lady thinks he must be like Igrain?" I think this was probably supposed to be "What's so great about that? He must think my lady is like Igraine?" Igraine being both the wedded Marchioness of Ricel and the current mistress of the king.

igraine.png

Marquis of Ricel
An older man in his sixties with an heir and several sons already. His household had fallen until recently (vol4 ch1), but now he is expanding in land and wealth due to his wife currently being the mistress of the king (vol1 ch6).

Duke of Fano/Pano
A young, blond, short-haired lord on a first name basis with Arthur. During the ball in vol2 ch2, he asks Arthur in vague terms about something important concerning the Marchioness of Ricel, Arthur, Orthez,  the Duke of Tessa, the Marquis of Ricel and the king and prince.
Orthez's father asked via the Duke of Fano for Orthez's marriage proposal to the Earl of Felluah.

dukefano.png

Miss Elize Beumann
From a neighboring country, she is a popular writer of the scandalous romance story Yudith and Sigismund and guest of Queen Mona. When Yudith and Sigismund is recited in the manhwa, the quotes come from the 13th-century, Occitan Romance of Flamenca.

Edited by zel, 19 July 2015 - 05:51 PM.

zel

zel

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts

=Other cont.=

Lady with long dark hair other than Igraine
She is engaged to an older, balding man and is seen in company with Orthez during the royal ball.

Lady with lighter hair in two side buns
Friend of Orthez and the "lady with long dark hair other than Igraine".

Kristianne
Mentioned in vol2 ch2 p12 as to be engaged to Prince Paris.

Lupert
On a first name basis with Orthez. He asked to kiss her hand when he caught a deer during the hunt at Orthez and Arthur's wedding festivities. With his long blond hair, flirting, showing off, and "disgustingness" the knights of Felluah think that he is similar to Jules Asrealt.

---

Viscount Rollabi and his lady
Presented to the king after Arthur and Orthez when they visit court (vol1 ch6).
Sir Wilson
Married, shoulder-length hair greets Orthez and Arthur when they visit court (vol1 ch6).
Marchioness Illuze
Older, greets Orthez when she and Arthur visit court (vol1 ch6).
Mrs. Bell
A trendsetter with black hair bound up, Orthez greets her when she and Arthur visit court (vol1 ch6).
Mrs. Matilda
Orthez greets her when Orthez and Arthur visit court (vol1 ch6).
Miss Agnes
Orthez greets her when Orthez and Arthur visit court (vol1 ch6).
Baron Bolton
One of Prince Paris's defeated jousting opponents (vol2 ch1).
Marchioness Gilmore
Gave the present that Orthez presented to Prince Paris for winning the joust (vol2 ch1).
Sir Larry
Speaks to Laryn and the other Pabina Knights during the ball at court. He thinks that the Pabina knights must have it easy since their new mistress is the daughter of the Duke of Tessa and will surely be having an affair with Prince Paris. (vol 2 ch2 p9).
sirlarry.png

Baron of Jude
Apparently wore his stockings backwards, topic of Queen Mona's gossip (vol2 ch3).
Baroness of Jude
Has a lover named Sir Gwino, formerly had Sir William as a lover (vol2 ch3).
Sir Gwino
The new lover of the Baroness of Jude (vol2 ch3).
Sir William
The dumped lover of the Baroness of Jude (vol2 ch3).

rage bunny

rage bunny

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts

Thanks for the works! I too, have trouble about the character. I only know protagonis, her parents, that guard who loves romance novel and the mistress... Some romanization differences, same face, some sentences I can't grasp, and author's way of story telling which interesting but can confusing sometimes, makes me read it without thinking too much (and end up confused lol).

• zel likes this

:batoto_001:

zel

zel

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts

Thanks for the works! I too, have trouble about the character. I only know protagonis, her parents, that guard who loves romance novel and the mistress... Some romanization differences, same face, some sentences I can't grasp, and author's way of story telling which interesting but can confusing sometimes, makes me read it without thinking too much (and end up confused lol).

You're welcome! :) I'm glad if you found it handy. I know what you mean!  I also find that there is so much to this story but with minimal narrative exposition aimed at the readers that the story's scenes flow very naturally but things can easily become confusing.

I'm going to be adding in the profile pics of the rest of the supporting characters over the next several weeks, so hopefully this character list will become easier to use to put little used names together with side characters that (often) appear.

Also, I love the cat gif in your signature, atherlane! It's soo cute!!

Edited by zel, 14 January 2015 - 11:33 AM.

pancakeplant

pancakeplant

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

Wow, this is crazy comprehensive. Thank you!  :batoto_030:

zel

zel

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts

Wow, life got in the way and I never got around to finishing this, but I'm still planning too! It'll probably take me a few/several more months, though. For now I've updated a bit of the info on the Marchioness and Marquis of Ricel.

@pancakeplant you're welcome!