Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Obligatory theories/questions thread [Possible Spoilers?]

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

omnipwnage

omnipwnage

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationOregon

I'm surprised this hasn't already popped up for this series... considering the content. So let out all your thoughts on possibilities and frustrations! I mean questions!

One of my own first questions was why our unfortunate hero has never tried to find out information on the parents while Hasabe was around. I mean, he doesn't even know their names, which would definitely make finding the next one a lot easier, or at least see if the names change between each one.

The other thing I've always been interested in, was that Hasabe always reappears, but almost always a different age, traits, and history. It almost feels like instead of Hasabe disappearing, it's Jun that is taken to a slightly alternate reality instead.

dkm

dkm

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 3 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Just thought the same. I also think that it can be some king of challenge than Hasebe it's putting to Kouno in a way, or just someone fucking with these two.

Cake-kun

Cake-kun

Potato

• Contributor
  • 160 posts
  • LocationNot on your plate, hopefully

I'm surprised this hasn't already popped up for this series... considering the content. So let out all your thoughts on possibilities and frustrations! I mean questions!

One of my own first questions was why our unfortunate hero has never tried to find out information on the parents while Hasabe was around. I mean, he doesn't even know their names, which would definitely make finding the next one a lot easier, or at least see if the names change between each one.

The other thing I've always been interested in, was that Hasabe always reappears, but almost always a different age, traits, and history. It almost feels like instead of Hasabe disappearing, it's Jun that is taken to a slightly alternate reality instead.

about thattttttt

omnipwnage

omnipwnage

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationOregon

So after re-reading this, we see that an earlier chapter stated that she lives with her grandparents (chapter 3) and in chapter 5 it states that she's the GrandChild of the HasabeCorp president (not specifically mentioning her parents.)

It's all quite odd, amplified by the fact that in Chapter 5, the teacher broke/sprained her leg, but after the shift, it's revealed that she was the magician at the end (meaning nothing happened with her leg.)

So the parents/grandparents also change their circumstances between each Hasabe, meaning that it still wouldn't be a viable option for finding the new Hasabe.

MizukiFai

MizukiFai

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

i think he just places his image of hasabe into different girls

Archfiendrubicante

Archfiendrubicante

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

This manga is just sad and depressing. Maybe that guy who loves Hasebe is just a crazy person and everything he's seeing is just figments of his imagination from within a padded cell.

rage bunny

rage bunny

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts

The panel which shows jun's inside being sliced off, he's bleeding etc.. I'm afraid it's not just imagery of his heartbroken. I also intrigued with scene where he waiting he middle school hasebe at station. It's like his body has holes... I'm thinking of sci-fi, but that will be too far. 

Because that girl (Hinomori?)'s confession, it seems Kouno is also always disappear in 'her world'. So yeah, parallel/alternative dimension seems works with these two.

I think Tanaka may know something (usually, as plot twist) but I have no base for that, just hunch. 

Kouno himself is weird... his obsession to Hasebe... I agree with another thread about how he willingly to experience the same pain, but on another side, I start to think how selfish he is, 'sacrifice' his loved one again and again.

The male Hasebe is quite a twist tho. I don't understand why people drop off this series because of the gay (the comment section is cancer). I myself dislike BL/GL genre, but this series is beyond that specific genre.

I realized this thread is 2 years old. Sorry for bad grammar. Can't think right. Finding this kind of manga in the middle of the night is a mistake. Now i just want the ending spoiler. A romance tragedy story wrapping a very big plot mystery with very little hints is very rare.

:batoto_001: