Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Mangafox bot

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
213 replies to this topic

cmertb

cmertb

Potato

• Contributor
  • 161 posts
Can you guys find the IP of the bot MF uses and BAN it (and any other IP it might start coming from)? Anything you upload to Batoto gets ripped by MF in minutes.

はりねずみは誇り高き鳥である。蹴らぬかぎり飛ばぬ。

My JPOP music subs (we consider requests too)

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!
Hm... gonna be annoying trying to isolate that IP from everyone else... Even if I actually did that, they can just get different IPs...

Trebor

Trebor

Voice to the Voiceless

• Administrators
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationUSA
The other thing is, (and I told cmertb this over IRC) they're probably pulling it off our RSS feeds, which we can't really do anything to stop.
Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri

Sality

Sality

Russet Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 350 posts
their bot is startin' piss me off and they don't respect the scanlator's policy :/

TheGodfather

TheGodfather

Batoto Chief Mafioso

• The Company (inactive)
  • 481 posts
  • LocationAustralia
This is a problem.
It needs to be solved.
Let's do something about it.
Spoiler

i fucking love fembot for hustling on GB with Kareia and Kento <333333

aayush251

aayush251

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 18 posts
I can make a bot too ;3

cmertb

cmertb

Potato

• Contributor
  • 161 posts
And what are you going to do with that bot?

ryvrdrgn14

ryvrdrgn14

Potato

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
How does that bot work exactly?

"To have so many creative people who can tell wonderful stories is a blessing."

"Not being one of them is a curse."

Posted Image

Deviantart Page | Youtube Channel

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!
@ryvrdrgn14, can't say since we didn't make it. lol
TBH, we rn't even 100% sure if it's a bot. It could just be a person who's ripping...

Laurens D

Laurens D

Baked Potato

• tC Donator
  • 1,475 posts
  • Locationin the tower!
Upload a fake chapter with 20 pages of this is leeched from batoto. and check mangafox's list.

if they use a bot, try to find there ip and create fake url of ... which only shows on .... ip ofcourse not to the fair people and of course it won't be added to database something like a dummy :P after that there website will get spammed with fake manga chapters and of course everyone can see how mangafox operate. ^^

-------------------------------------------------------------

or you can try to upload a manga, with something hidden on it like a dot to batoto and of course the orginal's does not have that. if mangafox have the same dot, it's leeched if not... then they don't :P

Edited by Laurens D, 13 October 2011 - 08:33 PM.

Posted Image

This is not my fault!

You could have bought my cookies.

krytyk

krytyk

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • LocationPoland
There are two ways of stopping the bot.

1. Splitting the image file into multiple small images of various sizes. (check the mangastream site - they did it that way.), people still rip off their releases, but it's done manually with print screen and mostly - paint since they are amateurs (the ripper kids i mean).
2. Using Javascript to protect the imagefiles. Javascript gives alot of possibilities. Original japanese publishers use javascript online readers to protect their images, quite succesfully - i have to add.

Edited by krytyk, 13 October 2011 - 10:37 PM.

Retired Manga Cleaner/Redrawer @Manga-Heaven, @kono-basho, @wangan-scans, anonymous and more.
Illustration editor

Light Novel translator

Trebor

Trebor

Voice to the Voiceless

• Administrators
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationUSA
Javascript offers near zero protection. It might make it slightly harder for someone to rip, but it would be somewhat trivial to bypass any such protections.
Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri

krytyk

krytyk

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • LocationPoland

Javascript offers near zero protection. It might make it slightly harder for someone to rip, but it would be somewhat trivial to bypass any such protections.

Properly made javascript shouldn't have problems. If not, there're other languages to write it in, starting off flash ending on microsoft silverlight.

There's more ways to protect it, but some of them are crazy, and some of them require too much work.

Also, i don't expect much from mangafoxes bot designer. If we could investigate how does it work, it would be easy to kill it with frequent updates.

Edited by krytyk, 13 October 2011 - 10:48 PM.

Retired Manga Cleaner/Redrawer @Manga-Heaven, @kono-basho, @wangan-scans, anonymous and more.
Illustration editor

Light Novel translator

Trebor

Trebor

Voice to the Voiceless

• Administrators
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationUSA
Print screen.

krytyk

krytyk

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • LocationPoland
I agree, print screen is a way you CANNOT stop. But it requires manual approach, and we're talking about a bot. One variable and it's screwed, like - different page size, or random size difference in layout would kill a bot that bases off print screens.

Illustration editor

Light Novel translator

Laurens D

Laurens D

Baked Potato

• tC Donator
  • 1,475 posts
  • Locationin the tower!
Good idea, encrypt all the image files and use javascript to load the image data and use a special javascript to decrypt and show it.

rightclick + save = useless
accessing the file directly is useless to
copy and paste will always work though, but it's freaking annoying

but could be pretty hard to make -.-

Posted Image

This is not my fault!

You could have bought my cookies.

ryvrdrgn14

ryvrdrgn14

Potato

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
It's fine if they have to use massive manpower to manually rip off the releases. They will not be able to keep it up for long without paying more people. The problem with the bot is that it is free and effortless. If you can make it ineffective, they will definitely slow down and perhaps even fall behind because updating everything will actually require them to lift a finger.

In the meantime, since they are just ripping and putting them up, you can just encourage more participating scanlators to use watermarks and divert more traffic from MF/MH to Batoto. Think of it as free advertising.

Edited by ryvrdrgn14, 14 October 2011 - 02:35 AM.

"To have so many creative people who can tell wonderful stories is a blessing."

"Not being one of them is a curse."

Posted Image

Deviantart Page | Youtube Channel

cmertb

cmertb

Potato

• Contributor
  • 161 posts
You can also upload a fake chapter, wait until it appears on Mangafox (it takes ~5 minutes), then put the right chapter on Batoto, and watch silly Mangafox leechers scream with indignation about how they just got trolled. Until someone manually fixes it. :)

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts

You can also upload a fake chapter, wait until it appears on Mangafox (it takes ~5 minutes), then put the right chapter on Batoto, and watch silly Mangafox leechers scream with indignation about how they just got trolled. Until someone manually fixes it. :)

I guess that could work if a couple of groups work together in doing that. If it is just one or two the only thing they get will be funny looks.

hados9

hados9

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 352 posts
  • LocationIn line for Moderator

I guess that could work if a couple of groups work together in doing that. If it is just one or two the only thing they get will be funny looks.

Or we could just completely make a fake new manga and see if they copy and if they do we know they are leeching ???

Dedicated Uploader- Hados9

Posted Image

Posted Image