Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[RP] Villainy and You

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Orcraniil

Orcraniil

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 368 posts
Valerian yawned as he rolled off his bed with a very blatant lack of grace. He glanced around his small unimpressive apartment, the wallpaper bland and peeling from age; the decor from what felt like another age. Still, it was ideal for him. To the other residents of the building, he was just like them. Struggling to make ends meet, probably a laborer of some kind. The Blackwater accent he spoke with helped him fit the type of people that he lived around, but it was an accent he only retained for the purposes of his persona. In actuality, he'd dropped the accent long ago, and it was never as thick as many other natives. Of course, Valerian was also somewhat more educated than most Blackwater residents.

Valerian stumbled, nearly knocking over the dining room table that he normally ate at. Regaining his balance, Valerian sluggishly walked to his fridge to grab some milk for cereal. To his surprise, there was a letter in the fridge. An odd place for a letter, and Valerian certainly didn't remember placing it there himself. It wasn't there when he went to sleep, and he doubted that someone would've been able to sneak in and catch him unawares. Carefully opening it, Valerian retrieved the five pictures of assorted shady-loooking individuals. The letter itself contained the simple instructions "Surpass the guardian and find the heart". The ambiguity of the message was something Valerian did find vexing, but he couldn't just ignore a random message appearing in his fridge one morning. Well, best to see what this is all about. Scanning over the "guardians", Valerian chose the most low-key of the targets: The Fink. A strange man, and a coward. Valerian considered the other targets, but found that Miss Armory might be more trouble than she's worth, and as for Oyabun, he'd definitely attract more attention the higher on the list he struck. Keeping his cards to his chest, Valerian showered, threw on a wrinkled T-shirt and some jeans that had obviously seen better days; grabbed his knife that he carried for both utility and self defense, as well as a telescoping baton. Throwing on a cozy olive jacket, Valerian headed out towards the Crooked Mile.

--

When he arrived at where The Fink was supposedly guarding, Valerian discovered absolute chaos. There were strange canines on the roofs above the alley engaged with gunmen. So it seemed that others had received the same letter, and one of them had already engaged The Fink. Valerian ran down the street to a building adjacent to one where fighting was happening, and climbed up it's fire escape so he could get a good vantage point on the fight, and, more importantly, find The Fink. The plan once he's found? Using the same abilities that made him known as "The Jumper" he'd cross the roofs and take The Fink by surprise. Nonlethal with the baton at first, but if he makes it too difficult, then Valerian would have to use his knife. 

tumblr_n8afhdCGiX1sg8zvco1_500.gif

Spoiler

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

THE PUPPYMANCER VS THE FINK

A NEW RIVAL APPEARS???

Franky Smalls laid flat on the rooftops, watching his dogs do their doggie deeds. He could almost taste his victory, just as he was sure Sebastian could almost taste the soon to be seared flesh of Finkleberg. So consumed was Franky Smalls in his imminent victory that he failed to notice the arrival of a man behind him.

"Now that's a motivated security force," the man said. "Though I get the feeling they were less motivated before those lovely pups turned up."

Franky Smalls should have maybe been a bit cautious about the appearance of this stranger. People don't just show up on rooftops without you noticing just to have a friendly chat. At least he thought they didn't; Franky Smalls honestly didn't spend enough time on rooftops to know proper rooftop etiquette. But regardless, Franky Smalls was not scared of him. Franky Smalls, in fact, quite liked him, because he called his dogs lovely. They really were lovely, weren't they? Yes. Yes they were. Franky Smalls practically beamed at his new friend.

"You might want to get a move on friend. Those dogs look like they have a fiery temper."

Franky Smalls was at a loss. This man was even concerned for his safety! He had never met someone so polite in all his life.

"Nah, they're sweet," Franky Smalls told him. "They wouldn't harm a fly!"

They would, apparently, harm other things. Like people. And probably flies. Franky Smalls didn't mean to lie, he just had a warped and wholly unrealistic opinion of his dogs.

"Say, on that note, you wouldn't happen to know the way to "The Heart" would you? I hear it's around here. I could search around, but that might take a while. I'd not like to outstay my welcome with all this going on."

Franky Smalls, too, was looking for a way to find The Heart. He had forgotten that, but it was why he had come here originally. One day his dogs brought him a note that mentioned something about The Heart. It was very strange because paper usually burst into flames when set on fire--and his dogs were always setting things on fire. His hatred for Finkleberg, though, was so intense, that he had forgotten his true purpose.

Luckily, Franky Smalls had friends in high places. Like on this rooftop, for example.

"Sorry amigo, I was looking for that too. At least until fucking Finkleberg got in my way." He said The Fink's name with a rage-induced intensity that his otherwise friendly demeanor wouldn't have suggested was possible. Some might have found it weird that such a nice man summoned demon hounds from hell, but they likely would have changed their minds if they had heard the way he said Finkleberg's name. It seemed impossible that someone could sound so angry, but here Franky Smalls was, sounding that angry. "Once these cuties are done dealing with that Finklefraud, we'll be looking to head there ourselves."

Edited by Johnny Paradise, 19 November 2014 - 10:20 PM.

here's to a long life and dead friends

tumblr_inline_nep6qkNSe41sok0j2.png

Darkoda

Darkoda

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts

Dreamer

and the Jerk

The sudden yell from the gangster fellow on the more lame bridge below her own got her attention mainly because she heard it so loudly. That was for the best since right after he went and he – and he broke her bridge! What kind of monster would do something like that?! It took her sooo many minutes to think up her bridge properly, not the bridge part but she spent all that time spent getting the shininess just so, the proper reflections and cool points for her own personal bridge! Her plans to christen it something like the Bling Bridge or – well it didn’t matter now! Ooh, now she was mad! She grabbed one of the bridge shards and took a moment to mourn its demise, but now she needed a new ride, something…bouncy!

The girl stopped her descent a foot or so from the ground, her body sinking in like something beneath her was bending because it was; she now had a giant ultra-bouncy gumball! Fun and no one could actually cut one of those things because it got all goopy and sticky and then wouldn’t cut and would just insult you. Or at least she was sure about that last part even when people called her crazy! She bounced back into the air on her new epic ride, shooting towards the other side of the bridge. Maybe she could forgive Oyabun for breaking her fancy bridge after all; this wasn’t as shiny but it was fun!

New-300-Nintendo-sig.gif

Spoiler

Vafhudr

Vafhudr

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts

RAGEMAGE

“CHRIST.” Elda wheezed as she rolled and ducked out of the way of the lobbed grenade. A good chunk of he wall blew up and scattered over her.

“Damn. She's packing some serious heat.” she thought to herself as she crawled, keeping low, to the next booth. This place was turning into a fucking warzone. She was very glad she took the precautions of actually preparing for this. Her mask was protecting her from the dust very nicely, though the visibility sucked balls. She finally rose up once more, crouching slightly, trying to make as little sound as possible. She could feel Armory waiting for her to show up. She needed a diversion – she considered setting up some feux follets as decoys – whatever could let her get another fireball in.

Then the taught silence was broken by a bunch of douchey jeering lines.

"Pft. I heard your father was a legendary mercenary, but here I find him sending his little girl to do his dirty work...which is apparently fighting other little girls. You ladies should be out shopping for dresses and leave this line of work to real villains like the great Jimmy Rustles."

Shopping for dresses? Really. Who the fuck this Jimmy Rustles think he is? Who the balls is Jimmy Rustles in the first place?

An annoyance – that's what.

She pulled down her gas mask and, from the shadows of the outer gallery, shouted at Anna Armory:

“Yo. Okay girl, I know we didn't exactly start on friendly terms here. Sorry. We both got orders, it seems. Just doing our jobs right – maybe we can figure something out – but whatever the case might be, how about a little truce while we deal with our newest guest? How about we show this Jimmy Rustles what two ladies gone shopping can do?”  

92242d14-d321-46c6-a0ac-45c7a9ce6bb0_zps

Jod

Jod

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts

Log #32

I looked at the cards in my hand, a pair of twos. It was a decent hand, however when paired with the cards on the table, they were rather strong. I pondered over my choices. I could go all in, or I might win.  Still patience and planning is a part of detectives skills. Both of which I had in spades. I decided to add in some groundwork for the other games.

It was time to set up a fake tell on my part. It was a trick I'd used on my friends sometimes, though it did only work once. That was good enough for me. I decided that my tell this time would be a little smile.Before I raised, briefly smiled, just long enough for him to notice, and then I quickly covered the smile with my hand. Now all that was left was to wait and see..

qEZtZafl.png

I AM HE. HE AM ME. ME IS HE

Wandering Rogue

Wandering Rogue

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 88 posts

Jerry “The Fink” Finkleberg

Jerry was laying on his back in the alley and he couldn't understand why.  Everything seemed to have been going well.  He was getting his revenge on the dog walker when all of a sudden the dogs were on the roofs attacking his men.  You may not know this but terror did little for his goons accuracy.  In fact, their accuracy became pretty much the worst thing ever and they were more in danger of shooting him than the dogs.  He was just about to chew them out for it too when another dog snuck up on his flank and went for him.  It was odd, time seemed to almost stop as he watched it and the only thing thing he could think was that Sebastian was a terrible name for a dog.    He was consumed with that thought right up until the point someone else appeared on the roof randomly and tried to attack him with a baton.  Unluckily, he teleported right in front of the dog and just got a big fiery chomp on the rear from a dog who couldn't possibly be named something as stupid as Sebastian.

So why was he falling?  Ohh right, he tripped.

The Fink reacted like you normally reacted and tried to put some space between him and the unpleasantness of what was happening in front of him.  Which was why he'd been backpedaling and tripped and fell right off the side of the building.  It was incredibly embarrassing and he hoped at least nobody would be watching when it happened.  Ohh wait, they were all watching.  That bastard that reminded him of the Master was watching super intently with some other guy.  Who the fuck was he?  Had he been there the whole time and done nothing?  Fucking rude is what that is.  The dying Finkleberg judged him as an unreasonable rage took him.  If he still had his wood he'd be stabbing it super hard right now.  

Jerry didn't though which barely mattered anyway because he was dying.  In his final moments he experienced an epiphany.  He had never hated the Master.  In truth, the person he hated was himself for never having the courage to confess his feelings for her.  A love so intense that even her rampant physical abuse of his person couldn't dim it.  All in all he felt this realization was incredibly lame.

In his pocket were instructions on how to open the passage to the underground.  It was surprisingly unoriginal and involved a series of taps in a particular order at the end of the alley.

Jean Star

Jean looked about as if expecting others to join but in the end just tossed his hand forward with disgust.  "You know what?  This is pretty boring.  I mean you just don't feel the stakes with this.  Need a bigger party for this kind of shindig and an audience but here we are just played on a cardboard box by ourselves like a couple of hobos."   The Gambler kneaded his forehead as he rummaged through his thoughts for a way to somehow salvage this situation.  He continued thinking as he tried out a few more positions as if that would help him out.  With a gasp he jumped up and slammed his fist down as he shouted out, "Coins!  Just going to flip one and you call in the air and I won't take no for an answer.  Well, I mean I will but that's boring.  Anyhow, here I gooo~"

Without waiting for a response he flicked a coin high into the air and rather than follow its path he chose instead to watch the man before him intently to see just what he'd do.

Anna Armory

Summer dresses stained through with the blood of a foal.  How many did that make?  Why couldn't she save them this time.  Always so weak.  That's why daddy had sent her away.  If only she was stronger he could trust her more, and her uncle wouldn't of...what was it again?  There was the blood and the dress and the bodies.  Whose? His?  No.  The memory was just out of reach but the white noise in her thoughts shattered her concentration like a spike being forced into the ice of a frozen lake.  Anna hated the little man who spoke.  What did he know about her or about daddy.  She shot him a glare as an unshed tear blurred her vision.  

Anna forced a grin as she fished inside one of her pockets with her  free hand while holding the rifle loosely in the right.  She heard the Ragemage's offer and her gut told her to refuse it.  Nothing would come of it in the long run but then again she also really hated this guy.  A real smile came across her features as she found the switchboard and gave one of them a flick.  A claymore packed full of small metallic balls exploded in the immediate vicinity of the Alabaster Prince.

"A truce it is."

Conductor

"I'm sorry, I didn't realize that you were both hard of hearing.  Ahem,"  He cleared his voice and spoke in a loud tone reserved for mentally challenged children.  "NO TICKET.  NO TRAIN.  DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORDS THAT ARE COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH?"  With that the young man excused himself from the pair of idiots who seemed to lack even an ounce of decency and understanding of social niceties.  He sat himself down on a bench and watched the seconds tick away on a nearby clock as he awaited the next train.

Edited by Wandering Rogue, 30 November 2014 - 06:38 AM.

tumblr_ner0yxdSDb1qeclafo3_1280_zpsd17zv

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

Dr. Volante "Edge" Venturi

As an unfamiliar weight let itself be known in her lab coat, a devious grin found its way on her visage. Coming to Paradigm was the best decision of them all, the sheer rush she felt from just being here was incomparable to anything, perhaps Helmland province came close but it was still inferior than this. To have your personal space violated so casually and easily made you feel vulnerable and that gave her a rush.

Butterflies danced in her stomach as she made her to the locker to get her change of clothes. She had put in her shift for the day, it was time to get a look at what the weight was. She changed in to her usual dress and flung upon her overcoat. Fixing bits of makeup and adjusting her glasses before she felt the weight in her lab-coat's pocket which was surprisingly just a letter.

The contents were a few photographs and a simple message. 

~Surpass the guardian and find the heart~

The target was the bit of turf owned by Landolfi family known as the Crooked Mile and the photographs were of people that look liked Guardians. All had peculiar features and style but one of them stood out. The grin still pasted on her face she picked herself up from the bench and made her way to the parking lot. 

A short drive took her to the destination, a run down station at the edge of the area known as the Crooked Mile. As she stepped inside, she immediately had her instincts validated. The man in charge had a similar love for cleanliness like herself. The station was immaculately kept even if it were no longer used. She walked towards the main dome where her target had shouted on what seemed like two more people and proceeded to sit down on a bench.

A metal card hovered out from her pocket as she considered using her position for a surprise attack. She wanted to know what she was dealing with and using a sneak attack was a good bet at seeing how strong this man was. The Card swiveled for a while as she balanced the pros and cons for her action before darting towards his head at a blinding speed. 

She hoped that he would dodge or react to it, or else the fun would be over a bit too soon.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

THE PUPPYMANCER

The Puppymancer was many things. Most saliently, the Puppymancer was a winner. He was also alive. Those were two things that Finkleberg most definitely was not. Excitement racked his body to the point he was almost vibrating, and he leaped to his feet.

"We did it, fellas!" he yelled, and his dogs howled jubilantly. Indeed, they had done it. They had killed a sad, weak, pathetic little man. Truly a cause for celebration. "Catch ya later, amigo," he told Winterthorn, whose identity Franky Smalls still did not know, before racing down the fire escape to the other building. "AND YOU," he shouted at the gunmen, "YOU STAY RIGHT THERE."

Sebastian went to the fallen Finkleberg to guard his corpse from the strange interloper that had teleported in; this corpse was Franky Smalls' to loot, after all. The other three dogs meanwhile stood at attention, keeping the Fink's miscellaneous gunmen from escaping.

"Give me your guns. No, just one of you, not all of you. How the hell am I gonna carry around guns for eight people? Are you seriously doing this right now?" After some hassling, Franky Smalls received a gun and some munitions from Finkleberg's erstwhile hires, then sent them off on their way. He pat each of the dogs on the head, then met up with Sebastian next to the body and pat him on his head, too.

Rifling through Finkleberg's pockets, trying as best as possible to avoid touching his greasy, still-warm flesh, Franky Smalls found a paltry sum in the Fink's wallet (what, did the Landolfi not pay their workers? What a bunch of scumbags), along with instructions to open a passageway underground.

Now that was strange. An underground passageway, in this day and age? Franky Smalls was indeed out of his depth in the realm of villainy. Thus far, the Puppymancer's brand of evil had been carried out from the back of a broken down Volkswagen bus with scorched carpeting and ruined upholstery. Making it to the big leagues, he thought to himself.

Performing the ridiculously passé ritual of tap tap tapping his fingers in sequence at the end of the alley, the passageway opened. Franky Smalls, by the light of his four terrifying dogs, charged ahead, already forgetting that Winterthorn was headed to the same place and that there was some nerd teleporting kid around as well.

Edited by Johnny Paradise, 28 November 2014 - 12:44 AM.

here's to a long life and dead friends

tumblr_inline_nep6qkNSe41sok0j2.png

Wasted

Wasted

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

IVAN DYATLOV

Rather rude, Ivan thought, to ignore a free smoke like that. Maybe he didn't like menthol, Ivan couldn't say he was too fond himself, but having lifted it from a woman at a gas station it probably wasn't his place to judge. On the plus side Obayun ignoring him meant that he might be able to make a break across the bridge. Though where he needed to go after that was unclear. The note said to defeat the guardian. It was likely that without some kind of clue or key given by the guardian that he wouldn't be able to find whatever it was he was supposed to be looking for.

Even had he decided to make a break his exit path was cut off as the bridge began to break apart for no apparent reason. Ivan ducked, cursing as he ran for cover, claiming as he ran blocking out any solid matter more dense than air as he followed after Obayun. He pulled his pistol as he ran. It seemed as though he was out of options. From what he'd seen so far he wouldn't be any match for Obayun physically. He'd have to rely on the two others to distract him. Perhaps his power might make the difference, but for now he decided to maintain his defense.

He dropped his physical entry barrier in order to allow three rounds from his pistol to bark through, aimed at Obayun's back as he charged the singing boy from earlier. He erected his barrier immediately after the rounds left his space. Shooting a man in the back might seem a tad unfair, but this was his city and he'd make the rules.

tumblr_n2g8sylq3B1r1phbfo1_500.png

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra

c28efa07-36a3-4ccc-8640-0e4227a9a71a_zps

Jimmy Rustles / Alabaster Prince

I love it when a plan comes together thought Jimmy as he felt the hatred of the two women surge through him, fueling his energy and renewing his power. Like a true villain he outstretched his arms as if lifting some invisible force up from underneath and laughed maniacally.

"Yes! Give in to your anger! Direct your hatred towards Jah'Ru! I-aaaaaaagh!" Jah'Ru panicked as Anna's claymore exploded near to him, showering him with several piercing metal balls. Those hurt. A lot.

His plan worked. Both the ladies were furious and hated him...success? It suddenly dawned on Jah'Ru, that maybe his plan was not so well thought out after all.

"H-hold on ladies. Let's be reasonable here..." Jimmy Rustles gulped down his sudden fear in face of the two women's burning wrath. If he were to describe anger to taste of food, it was something similar to spiciness. And like spice, there was only so much one could handle, emotion sucking vampire or no.

"Truce?" he asked hopefully.

a6f4b732-ee1c-43f9-a007-079ff2b01822_zps

"The sun is new each day."

Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash

Potato

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationA cloud

BUNBUN-CHAN

Gaia frowned at the scene unravelling before her. She was beginning to feel that the enemy before her was a little bit more than expected. Perhaps it was his voice. He was loud. Very loud. His odd shout drowned out even the music. Perhaps it was that he seemed incredibly strong. Getting punched in the face seemed like a very poor idea. Not that she had planned on it but you had to be ready for the unexpected. Speaking of plans, it seemed her spores would not be effecting this man as well as she would have hoped so she would have to resort to more direct tactics. With this in mind she moved on to Plan 2

She didn't call it plan B, because that would imply she'd only have 26 plans. She DID consider calling it Plant 2 as a joke but she feared she would go unappreciated in her time.

Plan 2 continued to grow beneath her and the people began to look like ants. The giant sequoia lifted her higher and higher until she felt the length was right. Now came the tricky part - and she was glad the bridge group were distracted. Gaia began to shape the growth of the tree. The top of the tree took shape, growing into something that resembled a bowl and continued to grow. Meanwhile a helpful vine dragged her brief case towards her. That was nice of it; she'd almost forgotten. Inside was one of the most important parts of Plan 2. She took out the carefully prepared clothing and donned her sea captains uniform. Gaia looked up at her shaped treetop in satisfaction. It was ready.

The plantfiend took position at the bow of the ship, for that's what it was. A gigantic sailing ship grown of wood on the top of a tree. Her very own Titanic... and it was about to go down. The telltale crunch of building was music to her ears. The weight of the tree on top of a building not made to support such a thing had finally taken it's toll and the tree tilted. Slowly at first and then all at once the massive ship came crashing down on the bridge and it's denizens in a cloud of dust and spores. 

ika4QNM.png

Juro

Juro

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationManila

Thumper

Stern and straightforward, the Conductor's words only disappointed Peter; the demeaning and loud tone that accompanied this just made it even worse. He wasn’t in the mood to deal with someone as stubborn as the Conductor. Peter had wanted to resolve this dilemma without resorting to any sort of violence. A negotiation of some kind would have been great, but it seemed like his words weren’t enough to convince the Conductor to let him pass.

As he sat himself down on a bench and watched the seconds tick away on a nearby clock, Peter could help but let out a hefty sigh. Whether he needed to or not, it appeared that there was only one guaranteed method to get through the train station.

Pulling out both his handguns from their holsters, Peter pointed them towards the Conductor and began to open fire as he slowly approached him.

“To be fair, I didn’t want to do this.”

Continuning his assault, he paid little to no attention to the young female who had suddenly appeared not long ago. Peter assumed that she was here for the same purpose; to get through the guardian and head towards the heart. It was safe to assume that she had no reason to meddle in what he was doing.

Darkoda

Darkoda

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts

Dreamer

The Proper Order of things.

Now while Dreamer was pretty much above worrying about other people's issues while it wasn't really a big deal for her, now she couldn't just ignore a large ship getting dropped on everyone. In fact the very act offended the girl to her core! How could someone do something like that! Her bouncy ride flipped over in midair, handlebars growing on them as Dreamer pulled out her fancy space suit - all the spore stuff would probably make her start sneezing given what happened to normal people and that was just going to be bothersome.

Now clad in her awesome suit, with the cool breathing device put in for the epic voice, she rode up the hull of the ship - silly things like gravity were for those plebians who bothered to learn about it - and up into the air above, where she pointed an accusing finger at the captain of this ship with conviction!

"Hey! You can't just drop a ship on people! There's order to these things!" And because the poor captain clearly needed a demonstration, she pointed at the Oyabun volunteer to demonstrate her point. "There's so much stuff you missed!" The branches of the ship may have made it a bit more difficult than it should be to notice the growing shadows of Dreamer's attempt to get the order of things back in action. Ooh, she didn't even have time for all of them! Anvil, sink, tub, boat, steamroller, plane, so much missing but she'd get them all!

New-300-Nintendo-sig.gif

Spoiler

Vafhudr

Vafhudr

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts

RAGEMAGE 

"Yes! Give in to your anger! Direct your hatred towards Jah'Ru! I-aaaaaaagh!"

Elda was sliding along the left wing and down the stairs toward "Jah'Ru" when she heard the explosion. So much for him. Except he kept on talking. The guy wasn't normal. Emotional feeder? Psychic vampire? Some shit like that. He was trying to get them riled up. And quite honestly, she was feeling quite agitated. His attitude pissed her off. In other words, she was falling for his trap. Focus, Elda, focus. Anger gave her strength. It gave her focus. But it was also, apparently, helping out the Rustler. She unzipped the front of her jacket, revealing a bulletproof jacket beneath. The excitement and the emotions roiling within her was making her sweat golf balls. She needed to keep her cool. That was easier said then done. She was getting hot - physically and mentally. Moving fasting, thinking fast, her whole body was feeling the effect of the heat. 

Finally she had made her way back near the entrance, and at this point had a nice view of the now wounded man. She was careful to remain out of sight of Armory. They might have a truce, but even Elda could see that the girl could resolve the situation quickly by shooting the two sitting ducks below. 

"Truce?" the man asked, hopefully, in the general direction of Anna. 

"Well, that depends a lot on you, "Jah'Ru"." She said from behind him, summoning fire above her empty hand, ready to be flung. "Get on the floor and start talking. What are you doing here and what's your deal? Say it loud and clear - and articulate." 

92242d14-d321-46c6-a0ac-45c7a9ce6bb0_zps

Wandering Rogue

Wandering Rogue

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 88 posts

Oyabun

Oyabun couldn't help but be impressed with the fact that Vibe hadn't even attempted to try and counter his attack and had instead chose to take it full on which ended as these things always did.  Vibe was sent skipping across the road while Oyabun picked himself up dusted himself off.  He thought someone might of taken some pot shots at him but if they'd hit he sure as hell didn't notice them.  In fact, the only thing of note that he had noticed was this bouncing idiot who apparently made things invisible somehow or another.  Not that it mattered to him because his focus was torn away from that by something far...stranger. The ear splitting sound of buildings groaning beneath the immense weight of a large wooden ship.  Which was as bizarre a sight as he could recall in recent memory and was only increased by what seemed like a little captain on board it.  Oyabun gave them a crisp salute before bracing for the impact.

The Dreamer tried to to get in on the action while driving up the ship at an impossible angle on an even more impossible bike while summoning objects of various size and oddity a top the old gangster standing his ground.  The smaller items seemed to just get cut at just the right angle so that they broke apart without touching him which was weird when you realized he couldn't even see what he was cutting but that didn't matter to an old hand like him.  In his long career he'd fought dozens using similar attacks and he found the Dreamer's lacked finesse.  Yes, his eyes could not see the physical shape of it but the shadows they cast, the way the air flowed around them, and a dozen other factors besides gave him more than enough information.  Before some of the larger items could shake and fall, Dreamer found herself a victim of gravity as her bike lacked what was needed to continue on such a steep incline and their eyes grew fuzzy and blood poured from their nose as they realized the price for so many uses of her power in so short a span as she fell towards the earth.

The ship collided with the road and the meeting sent up a shower of splintered wood as it ground itself against the unmovable.  The once proud ship that had only come to life a short time ago found itself in pieces across the road.  How some of Gaia's rivals handled it remained to be seen but there Oyabun remained exactly as he had been before with only a few scrapes here and there to show that he had been affected at all by the attack.  He might of also had a splinter which really stung and he really felt like digging it out but it didn't seem like the right time for that.

tumblr_ner0yxdSDb1qeclafo3_1280_zpsd17zv

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationRiding the back of the Great A'tuin.
Laurel Wintersmith - WINTERTHORN

All in all Laurels search to find the long foretold, fabled and, indeed, mythical 'Heart' had been going rather swimmingly. Turning up just in time to watch as a bunch of demon-dogs 'surpassed the guardian' for him was quite the stroke of luck. It was almost like it was meant to be. And so he watched from the rooftop as the fine gentleman he'd met on the rooftops searched the guardian. As far as Laurel knew, this guardian had been called Finkleberg, or Finklefraud. Something like that. It didn't really seem to matter anymore. Laurel supposed now he was just called That-guy-who-fell-off-a-roof-that-one-time. Whatever the case, Laurel decided it was about time to descend from the roof.

He arrived back in the alley just in time to watch Frank Smalls open the secret doorway. Laurel simply followed him in. Once again his journey was becoming unexpectedly simple. He hoped it was going to keep going this smoothly. Dealing with heavy resistance was much more effort than he'd like to spend on merely feeding his curiosity about the note he'd recieved. He was fairly sure it'd end up leading him to something boring. But there was always the chance that it would take him to a hidden vault, or a secret treasure map. He walked his way down the secret passage, wondering what was in store for him once he reached the other end.

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra

c28efa07-36a3-4ccc-8640-0e4227a9a71a_zps

Jimmy Rustler / Alabaster Prince

"Well, that depends a lot on you, "Jah'Ru"." She said from behind him, summoning fire above her empty hand, ready to be flung. "Get on the floor and start talking. What are you doing here and what's your deal? Say it loud and clear - and articulate." 

Being at the mercy of a little girl was grating, but Jah'Ru weighed his options. Did he prefer his pride, or his as-of-yet unfried innards. Well, that was really no choice at all.

"Haha...why am I here?" Jimmy closed his eyes and shrugged. "Probably the same reason you are. Surpass the guardian. Find the heart. Ring a bell? "

Jah'Ru's eyes carefully followed Ragemage's reaction to his words.

"But about the truce...I was...JAH'RUST KIDDING!" Jah'Ru leaped away from Ragemage into the rows of theater seats.He ripped on out of the flooring and flung it at Elda before moving in towards Anna.

a6f4b732-ee1c-43f9-a007-079ff2b01822_zps

"The sun is new each day."

SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

Changeling

In the midst of the pyromaniac's fighting with the lady stormtrooper, it seemed another player had joined the party. Judging by the way he was shouting at the top of his lungs and essentially painting a target on his chest, Annabel could only conclude that he was either incredibly confident in his ability or an imbecile. Quite possibly both, they weren't always mutually exclusive. Most of the time they went together, oddly enough. It seemed the pyro girl didn't like him either; it didn't take long for her to try and get Anna Armory to agree to a truce. Surprisingly, the walking gun shop agreed, and the two of them turned on the talking head. They seemed to have him backed into a corner, but the fire girl was being cautious about giving Armory a shot at her back.

Slowly now Annabel, carefully now... No, don't rush for the gun, it's nice and we'll get it eventually, but we have to do it right! Easy now, that's it...

Slowly, and as quietly as she dared, Annabel began to lower herself to the floor and slink along it. She consciously made a few adjustments to her joints that would allow her to creep along the floor like a mix between a contortionist and that one monkey-like dude who could climb cliff faces barehanded she had seen on TV once*. Her camouflage remained intact, but it was starting to wear on her stamina. She had to move, and quickly, so move she did. The seats of the theater, while in disrepair where they weren't outright destroyed, still offered wonderful obstructions to sight lines for somebody creeping along behind and below them. While Armory and the pyromancer continued to fight the loudmouth, Annabel crept closer and closer to the gunslinger's backside. Until finally, as both of her known adversaries began to converse and she knew Armory would be lining up a shot to get both of them, she slunk as close as she could and raised her right hand. With a bit of effort, her flesh began to harden and reform itself, turning her hand from a human's claw to a sharp, knife-like metallic instrument of death. And, coiling her legs, she sprang toward her target and thrust the knife hand forward, aiming it at the back of her neck!

*Note: Referencing this guy

Edited by Slice, 14 December 2014 - 08:06 AM.

2rD2TPI.gif

Myself, as told by a Hawk;

Spoiler

Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash

Potato

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationA cloud

OYABUN

Gaia began building her focus as her ship came down. Her target gave her a salute and some floating lunatic yelled at her before falling down in a daze. Bizarre. The ship hit the ground, making a sound akin to a cacaphonic creaking before it practically exploded. Gaia ended up in a batch of soft ferns. She wasn't sure what happened to the others but she did sort of hope they'd become mulch. 

She still held her focus. It wasn't easy; the feeling was like having something in your head screaming to be unleashed. The problem was the target. If he was as tough as he seemed the ship wouldn't have done too much to him and she would need something more effective. But making such big workings was dangerous when done in succession, as it seemed the floating lunatic from before had learned. One thing at a time

Dust and spores clouded her vision. Gaia lifted her head and sent her mind through the spore haze until she found the large man. In doing so she found a perculiar piece of information. 

She approached the man known as Oyabun as confidently as she could. The key wasn't to break him; she wasn't sure she could. She just had to make him think that fighting her would be more bothersome than allowing her to pass. He seemed to know she was coming. "I don't suppose you'd be willing to end this and send me on my way to the heart?" she asked. The focus that was threatening to make her head perhaps literally explode was let out in an instant, aimed with precision into a single spot.

The splinter she could feel inside him.

The splinter tried to grow into a tree, erupting out from his skin and attempting to entomb him. Gaia did her very best to not show the sudden relief on her face from the released focus. Hopefully this would do the trick. 

ika4QNM.png

Wasted

Wasted

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

IVAN DYATLOV

Oyabun

He really shouldn't have expected this to be easy in any way. Things always seemed to get out of hand in this damn city. There was no subtlety to the crime here, only posturing of power-mad alphas all hooting and hollering to be declared head of the pack. Quite honestly it was upsetting. Back when he'd first started out shooting another man in the back was a surefire way of killing him. Not the most laudable way granted, but they didn't come much deader than shot-in-the-back-dead. Of course he should have expected then that things being topsy turvy as they were in this god forsaken scum nest that Obayun would shrug off bullets like bee stings. That all would have been bad enough without the huge two mast ship dropping from the sky, hurtling towards the bridge.

What was it with these people and dropping enormous objects on the poor fucking bridge. Again Ivan was forced to scamper away from the impact zone as well as he could while claiming and hoping to hell that his shield (not to mention the bridge) would hold against the force of the boat. Hunkering down on the far end of the bridge he held his ground blocking out the flying debris and shrapnel that erupted from the crashing boat. After the crash died down and the bridge, although groaning pitifully and clearly no longer safe, seemed able to hold out for at least a short while long Ivan surfaced pushing his way through debris that had buried him in his shield.

There was a green haze sifting through the air making it hard to breathe and giving him a headache. He quickly blocked it out of his claimed space. Chemical warfare was just plain unfair. Ivan let out a low whistle as he stood to take in the wreckage before him. Somehow it seemed the a good portion of the ship was still intact, although the greater part of it was a pile of splinters. The vessel had a strange build, seeming to be of a single cut of wood that had not even been sanded down giving it a wild air, is if a ship had grown naturally out of a tree. Presumably a result of someone's powers.

From what he had seen of Obayun before the ship had obliterated him from view the man had shown no sign of attempting to dodge. Ivan clambered up the side of the....well he supposed it would be appropriate to call it a shipwreck, to get a better look at the outcome. Obayun, amazingly enough, stood unscathed, apparently listening to a green haired girl carefully approaching him. What a depressing sight. Was nothing that could put a scratch on that fucking monster? Even a ton of wood being dropped on him hadn't done a thing. Force was clearly useless against him. It would take something else. Ivan lit another cigarette as he thought, as the lighter flicked on an idea struck him. He regarded the wreck of twisted wood. Surely its owner had discarded it and had seemingly no use for it? Why it could be his. Hell it was his already. Wasn't he the one who had found it wrecked on lonely shores. His smile grew as he laid claim to the wreck, the remaining body coming under his control.

"Well now," Ivan muttered to himself as he tore off a strip of his shirt, "Since this is now mine I can do what I want with it yes?"

He dismantled his lighter, really only a cheap one bought from a gas station, and soaked the strip of shirt in lighter fuel. Ivan took one last drag from his cigarette before putting the lit end to the rag and dropping it through a gap in the wreck and into what he presumed was the hull. Focusing he stoked the fire within his claimed ground drawing in oxygen to feed it and willing the wood to burn. With the fire started in the belly of the short-lived vessel the trap was lain. All that remained was to lure the bear in. Standing up Ivan saw that the green haired girl still had Obayun distracted, it seemed she had some plan of her own in mind, but seeing as she had arrived at the same time the boat had Ivan assumed that had been her plan. She had already gotten her turn to use a plan. Now it was Ivan Dyatlov's turn.

He placed his pinky and forefinger in his mouth to let out a sharp whistle to get Obayun's attention.

"Oh- Ba - Yun! Your skills in punching children singing pop songs and conversing with women are surely unparalleled, but how about a real fight?" he pulled out his gun, taking aim carefully and firing at Obayun's head, "Come at me, you мудак."

tumblr_n2g8sylq3B1r1phbfo1_500.png