Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Help

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Tetris3125

Tetris3125

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

I learn draw for few months but now I don't know where I make a most important mistakes.
Here it's my work
I would ask to help in this area... Even if you don't draw some comments would be nice - even the worst comments would be better than "silence". If you post comment in Deviant I will be gratefull too...
When I started I could draw a good circle so would you have some mercy after all? :)

Edited by Tetris3125, 06 November 2014 - 09:30 AM.

Tertiusviducius

Tertiusviducius

Potato

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • LocationMystical Booger Forest
How far are you willing to go with your drawings? Even if it is just a hobby I need to know what exactly is your goal before I properly give a comment on what I see here.

3VYyD4im.jpg?1

xSadibs.png

2hot4you

2hot4you

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationThe Wild

Hmmmm, i think anatomy is the thing you should learn next

aovnZo7.png

Kannade

Kannade

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,204 posts
  • Locationkonoha
Your lines seem pretty harsh like you press too hard on the pencil or something (or maybe my phone is just set too dim). maybe you should try doing some lighter sketching first so it's easier for you to look at your drawings critically and then correct it before you outline your work with a heavier hand.

Also like 1/2hood said you should look into anatomy. There are alot of good how to draw anime tutorials online that'll walk you through how to draw faces and bodies if you just wanna learn how to draw anime characters

Tetris3125

Tetris3125

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
  1.  Thanks Kannade and 2hot4you! I will do as you "said" To be honest I had problem with pressing too hard on pencil, pen etc. but it was a long time ago and I forgot about it
  2. Tertiusviducius - to be honest I don't have any "picture" how I like to my works would look like. Generally I think that my works are "flat" and this is the most improtant problem but it is too generally so that why i ask you about opinion.

Meat

Meat

Potato

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • LocationNorway

A good book to read is "drawing on the right side of the brain". For anatomy and more advanced stuff, you might look at loomis's books, ex. "Figure drawing for all its worth", I'm currently going through that book.

68fTUZ3.png

-

Twitter- Deviantart - Ask.fm

Tetris3125

Tetris3125

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

Thanks Meat but to by honest I search something more specific in manga style... Of course I'll read this titles but I would be gratefull if someone reccomend a good manga anatomy tutorial

Meat

Meat

Potato

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • LocationNorway

Yeah, I understand what you mean, but studying the actual human body really helps drawing bodies in ex. manga style. 

To put it in other words, there's no specific manga anatomy (chibi, w/e etc.) while there's specific human body anatomy which can be studied. It's not like I say you have to draw realistically, but it'd help you overall (at least it did / does for me). I'm no pro, but I can show you some of the drawings that I've done with the help of books:

These are quick sketches. 

Spoiler

Tried to heavy reference photos.

Spoiler

I drew this before I read the brain book, but I used "techniques" that was mentioned in the brain book.

Spoiler

Edited by Meat, 07 November 2014 - 04:10 PM.

68fTUZ3.png

-

Twitter- Deviantart - Ask.fm

Tertiusviducius

Tertiusviducius

Potato

• Members
  • 186 posts
I asked for your goal because it will tell me how I ought to provide advise to you on your drawings. You somewhat gave me a clue when you told meat there you are more into drawing manga. Meat has given a good suggestion in making you aware of Loomis' books especially studying proper human anatomy. However, since you are aiming for a manga approach make use of manga references in your practice rather than what is provided in Loomis' books primarily because manga anatomy rarely equates to actual human anatomy. You will notice this when you start looking at the various styles and ways of body expressions manga artists use and it differs from artist to artist. The ones that follow actual human anatomy tend to have a more rigid style to their work while the more expressive and less rigid styles either simplify or exaggerate parts of the body and the actual structure of the figure. In the anatomy department it would be better if you look into cartoon anatomy instead.

You also mentioned you find your drawings flat. Solving that requires you to get the basic structure of your drawings right which is getting your anatomy right. Rendering is the step after that and is what brings your drawings to life, however it will still need the basic structure done right for it to work... But then again it goes back to what you want your stuff to look like because there are artists that work with rendering more than the structure to give it life.

When you practice post them here so that we can all help you out. I look forward to seeing your progress.

3VYyD4im.jpg?1

xSadibs.png

Tetris3125

Tetris3125

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

Thanks Meat...It's look like I was wrong about it... I'll read these books seriously...
PS Third art has a nice "climat" :3 It resembly "Saya no Uta" in some way :3

Tertiusviducius - sorry it's my fault that I don't write about it... To be honest I would like to my arts look like this

saikai.jpg?d=a0
I know that it is more "digital" than draw/paint but this my favorite style
You said that i should search some more "cartoon" in drawing people... Could you recommend some titles or sites where I could find it?

Edited by Tetris3125, 08 November 2014 - 11:16 AM.

Tertiusviducius

Tertiusviducius

Potato

• Members
  • 186 posts

You can pick that out yourself.

Manga in itself is a cartoon (Yes it is, despite what so many manga and anime fans say, it is by definition a cartoon of Asian origin). Since you're focused on Manga pick out your favorite artist or artists and study their characters. You can study them by doing these two things, copy them (which will help you get used to the type of figures and expressions the artist uses) and use them as reference (an indirect form of copying in that you are technically using the existing figure as a guide to make your own composition; this is actually done by many masters of both fine arts and commercial arts). Copying is great as a start to get familiar with the basics but it will make you reliant on the artist for new poses and will make it difficult to draw your own originals. So once your familiar with the basics of your preferred artist's form its time to try your hand at making your own somewhat. You do this by referencing them into the exercises provided by the anatomy books and what not. Use them as your figures instead of the guide figures given in the book. Loomis' book provides in-depth anatomical figure study down to the internal muscle and bone structure of figures, you might have to alter that to fit in the style you wish to pursue but there is one thing you must follow at all times, and that is the proper proportions no matter what distortion you do.

3VYyD4im.jpg?1

xSadibs.png

Tetris3125

Tetris3125

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

You wrote that I should publicate my works so...

chibi_maid_ghost_by_tetris3125-d85swsr.j

It's kind of joke but I think that i'm better of drawing chibi so I put it here
In "art" I wrote "everyone saw ghost in bootle I trap my one in pudding"

Tertiusviducius

Tertiusviducius

Potato

• Members
  • 186 posts

Errr, try copying something first. When you post that post both the original image you copied and your copy of the image.

3VYyD4im.jpg?1

xSadibs.png