Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Karasuno's next captain.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

DAIO

DAIO

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

After the 3rd years leave; Daichi, Asahi and Sugawara, who do you think will or should become Karasuno's captain? 

Personally I think Nishinoya should be captain. He's perfect for the role. His leadership, charisma, his on court skills, plus he's probably the best in his position even on a national scale. The only true "elite" that Karasuno has. Him being a Libero shouldn't even matter. Right now the story is kinda alluding to Enoshita becoming captain which I think is bs especially since he's so underwhelming and undeserving of the role.

In Hinata's third year, for some reason I see Tsukishima making a huge turn around and becoming a really great captain. (Kinda like when Raimundo from Xiaolin Showdown became the team leader... doubt anyone here will even know what i'm talking about -_-)

hitachiin94

hitachiin94

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Undeserving might be a bit too far. It's because of the experience that he had when he left, and how that has affected him. He still regrets leaving and he's grown a lot from that.
As far as underwhelming goes, I agree it was like that at the start. But recently we've been seeing so much of him and we're getting so much character development! 
As hard as Noya and Tanaka have worked throughout everything, I just can't see anyone apart from Enoshita being the new captain. He has a lot of the right traits and like I mentioned just before, having left and carrying that regret gives him valuable experience unlike any of the other team members have.

I guess we'll see huh!
Assuming that we'll get to see up to when all the 1st years are 3rd years, I think it'll be really interesting and exciting to see how everyone grows! It's so hard to imagine any of them as the captain at the moment, lol!

aninoag

aninoag

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

I agree with hitachiin94; Ennoshita has come a long way. But as it has been noted by Sugawara-san in chapter 118, he's always been watching everyone and knows just the words to say to encourage them. Isn't that ideal for a captain? :3

Plus, a libero cannot be the team captain (http://vatoto.com/read/_/266292/haikyuu_ch119_by_casanova/2); Nishinoya can be an awesome vice captain though. ^^

DAIO

DAIO

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

The only way for me to get what I want is if Nishinoya changes his position from Libero to becoming a full time court player. I mean, besides recieving, Daichi doesn't do much else besides support so Nishinoya could essentially do the same thing. Legend has it, if you feel that #4 jersey, it's made of captain material :P He's just too awesome not to become captain!  Welp, might as well prepare to be disappointed when it's Enoshita. T^T No team can look badass walking out with Enoshita leading them...

tumblr_nbvxo9TQcX1s1jobro1_500.gif

tumblr_n6hkvtgKK81s1jobro3_500.gif

tumblr_n9q8depdqD1s1jobro4_500.gif

tumblr_n90jipBpo21s1jobro2_500.gif

tumblr_n90jipBpo21s1jobro4_500.gif

(Sorry for gif spamming Nishinoya's awesomeness)

Edited by DAIO, 06 November 2014 - 10:32 PM.

Dragon88

Dragon88

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 519 posts

After the 3rd years leave; Daichi, Asahi and Sugawara, who do you think will or should become Karasuno's captain? 

Personally I think Nishinoya should be captain. He's perfect for the role. His leadership, charisma, his on court skills, plus he's probably the best in his position even on a national scale. The only true "elite" that Karasuno has. Him being a Libero shouldn't even matter. Right now the story is kinda alluding to Enoshita becoming captain which I think is bs especially since he's so underwhelming and undeserving of the role.

In Hinata's third year, for some reason I see Tsukishima making a huge turn around and becoming a really great captain. (Kinda like when Raimundo from Xiaolin Showdown became the team leader... doubt anyone here will even know what i'm talking about -_-)

Loved the Xiaolin showdown reference. I actually know what you are talking about.  Pretty old cartoon.  It would be funny if Tanka actually becomes the captain, though I don't think he would become the captain.  Also does the captain have to be 3rd years, if it can be 2nd years then Tsukishima or Tobio could be captain.  I actually think it would be nice to have Tsukishima captain and it would be more interesting since his brother was a bench player while he is the captain of the team.

Thorn Delwyn

Thorn Delwyn

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationGermany

Though I think Tsuki would be annoyed as hell to be captain.  <_<

xfandombrosia

xfandombrosia

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Locationusa

EnnoshitaforCaptain2k15 after that whole little story we got from him i can't see anyone else better suit for the title but him! anyways for the other teams who do you think could be the next captain? like nekoma/aoba jousai for example?

idk about kenma being the next captain  after kuroo leaves but i think yahaba will be the next captain for aoba jousai <.<

rare

rare

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

ennoshita...hhhmmm.. yeah ennoshita, no doubt about it..

rare

rare

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

just a follow-up...  im not over analyzing or anything but you have to question the mangaka sometimes like why he draw and include ennoshita reaction on this scene...might be, ennoshita could be an effective captain in the future..img000019.png

shuwen

shuwen

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

The captain's position is not necessarily given to the strongest, most energetic, most appealing, and most motivating person *coughs* Noya *coughs. A captain must be able to hold the team together like a solid foundation, and that takes discipline and basically chill, which, as said in one scene at the Nationals, Nishinoya doesn't really have. I will be happy whoever the next captain will be, but I put my bet on Ennoshita.

As for Nekoma, that's definitely going to be the brain, Kenma.

That is if Furudate-san plans on continuing the series after the Nationals.