Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Bleach manga discussion

• Please log in to reply
378 replies to this topic

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
@thelast3321:
Spoiler

thelast3321

thelast3321

Potato

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • LocationDilbert.com
@hero

Spoiler

t69y.jpg

In training to become the next avatar

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
@thelast3321: [spoiler] you have a point there, but if that really happens there won´t be any plot development, I mean with this arc he at least got his powers back and knows what the devise he got was meant for. if he really fights against zero division that wouldn´t reveal to us anything new and if it is true, what someone said that kubo wants to end this series in the next 2-3 arcs then I really don´t think that that would happen. the problem now is who is the next opponent (lets ignore zero division for a moment)?

thelast3321

thelast3321

Potato

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • LocationDilbert.com
Kubo already played his new race appearing card. I also can’t see Aizen making a physical appearance until the last arc. The only thing that I can come up with is that someone who Isshin captured will end up staging a prison break were the sealed Aizen is and we will have an excuse to see Isshin’s past and a threat worthy of Ichigo’s and his bankia friends time. But I don’t really belief that this will happen since this arc has shown zero foreshadowing of this occurring.

So at this moment it’s either zero division or some secrete organization appearing out of nowhere since the story of bleach has reach the point were the good guys are the most powerful organization in the world of bleach .

t69y.jpg

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
A pretty spot on prediction that you explained right there, though I find it ironic for that to happen because Ichigo's existence only helped serve the zero division's cause, though I don't know exactly how Ichigo and Aizen actually par up to them...

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

thelast3321

thelast3321

Potato

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • LocationDilbert.com
I don’t really think or from another perspective I don’t think that Ichigo existence serves the goals of zero division. Ichigo did do zero division a favor in defeating Aizen but everything else is leading to Ichigo robbing the king of his authority. The Gotei 13 has decided to side with Ichigo rather with the king’s rules (giving Ichigo clues that he was being used as well as failing to obey the plan of killing Ichigo when he brought out Ginjo and possible worse of all giving Ichigo reiatsu of the strongest shinigami in the Gotei 13) and apparently Ichigo changed how soul society has been molded by the kings rules for over a million years.

Again zero division is the only group that I can think of at this moment that Kubo has mention and can at least pose a threat to the gotei 13. Also this could give a good opportunity to show a new setting in the world of bleach which is the dimension of where the king lives.

t69y.jpg

thelast3321

thelast3321

Potato

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • LocationDilbert.com
The style that I decided to use when posting my thoughts is to write down what I liked and disliked and I must confess the first time reading this chapter I did not find anything that I liked since to me at the time I was caught off guard in that this chapter was nothing like I was expecting it to be. But reading it a few times I think that this chapter makes more sense if one see’s it in a different theme.

These are my thoughts and feelings after reading bleach chapter 478.

Spoiler

Edited by thelast3321, 27 December 2011 - 05:57 AM.

t69y.jpg

Departure

Departure

Potato

• Contributor
  • 123 posts
  • LocationLaLaLaLaND
@thelast3321
I believe that Ginjou’s story was just a filler which only purpose was to explain a way which would help Ichigo gain his powers back

I don’t think deep thinking needs to go into it. I believe that once the story stays on track one should scatter their brains about to try and figure out what happens next, but for now, to me it’s just a filler arc introducing new characters, though I got to say that I can’t help, but to compare this arc to Renji’s story. Except that in his case, his story added some continuity to the overall of Bleach, unlike Ginjous’.

I really want Tite Kubo to focus in explaining some of the most important aspects of Bleach, like for example; I would like to see Kyouraku’s bankai at least once before Bleach ends XD. Seriously what’s so terrifying about his bankai. Why are others not allowed to see it.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
More than that, it's kind of a mystery to me why not all of the captains didn't reveal their bankai against Aizen...... I mean when else is it appropriate to use it.
There's also plot holes like none of the Vizards actually wore their masks when fighting against Aizen either. -.-

thelast3321

thelast3321

Potato

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • LocationDilbert.com
I don’t really consider those to be plot holes since for me in order for it to be a plot hole there has to be a contradiction in a fact or a character’s actions that goes against their personality. An example would be how Isshin decided to take with him the kaikyo kotei (http://www.batoto.ne...by_sleepyfans/7 ) before he went into battle with Aizen. The reason why I see this as a plot hole is because there was no reason for him to take the kaikyo kotei since that tool is useless against his fight with Aizen and Isshine was not expecting Aizen to kill the cleaner (http://www.batoto.ne...by_mangarule/17).

For the captains I'm willing to belief that Kubo will eventually say why they did not use their bankia. Kind of how Kubo answered the question of why the Grand fisher did not immediately go after Ichigo when he got healed and became an arrancar in chapter 25 (http://www.batoto.ne...iyamas-world/18). The answer was that Aizen did not let him because he (Aizen) was staging all of Ichigo’s fights (I know this is probable not one of the most majestic answers but an answer it is).

But with the vizards I can understand why they did not use their masks since in chapter 376 we are told that the stronger the opponent the faster the time limit on the mask will run out and the individual will end up exhausted like how Mashiro’s time on her mask went from 15 hours to a few minutes. So the time limit on the masks when used on Aizen would of probable have been a few minutes or less before exhaustion kicks in.

Edited by thelast3321, 28 December 2011 - 07:28 PM.

t69y.jpg

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
well at least this arc is now done. and we can move to a better one ... hopefully...

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
  • Locationfuttocking away~
*kills bleach hate*

I never got why people hated the lost shinigami representative arc... To me it was rather good :3 yukio and tsukishima are two of my fav characters, and now we're finally going to see more about isshin and kisuke :D riruka's defnitely going to be around as well

Edited by murasakii, 31 December 2011 - 03:47 AM.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
The quality of Bleach chapters for the past year or more have dropped significantly..... I'm not sure what you're basing your judgment on.

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
It depends how your define quality tbh. To me, it's like everyone else is expecting same old bleach which is kind of ridiculous to me, since as time passes so too does the mangaka changehow he does things. I wasn't trying to anticipate old bleach at all, I was trying to see how this arc would go. Apart from kubo taking it slightly too slow, this met my expectations as being something different. Which is what I wanted, so unlike most I am happy with how Bleach is atm ;)

thelast3321

thelast3321

Potato

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • LocationDilbert.com
The break is over and once again here are my thoughts, opinions, ect on bleach chapter 479.

Spoiler

t69y.jpg

gillian

gillian

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
i want to see soul reaper powers with fulbring powers from ichigo

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
Apart from shinigami noobs, a nice chapter *-*

And finally the arc name: Thousand-Year Blood War

This could just be me, but I think the "blood" part is the same as "trueblood" mentioned in reboot and repeat.

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
ahh, now the author will have to tell us about Ichigo´s father...

thelast3321

thelast3321

Potato

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • LocationDilbert.com
I liked this chapter since it gave me what I wanted the most in bleach which is a plot that is actually worth the characters time. If soul society and the real world end up colliding then everything will be destroyed (plenty of motivation for everyone). That said I can’t help but feel like the new villains of this arc are the Quincys who perhaps succeeded in faking their entry into the endangered species list. In a sense this kind of works.

The Quincys are the only ones who are known for being capable of destroying both worlds by the use of mass hollow slaughtering (http://www.batoto.ne...riyamas-world/4). This would give an excuse to put Ishida’s father into the story and tell his back story and how he is related to Isshine. Also it explains why Ishida’s father has not abandoned his bow and why he told his son to have nothing to do with shinigami.

t69y.jpg

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts

I liked this chapter since it gave me what I wanted the most in bleach which is a plot that is actually worth the characters time. If soul society and the real world end up colliding then everything will be destroyed (plenty of motivation for everyone). That said I can’t help but feel like the new villains of this arc are the Quincys who perhaps succeeded in faking their entry into the endangered species list. In a sense this kind of works.

The Quincys are the only ones who are known for being capable of destroying both worlds by the use of mass hollow slaughtering (http://www.batoto.ne...riyamas-world/4). This would give an excuse to put Ishida’s father into the story and tell his back story and how he is related to Isshine. Also it explains why Ishida’s father has not abandoned his bow and why he told his son to have nothing to do with shinigami.

thats a good theory, but why would they want to destroy both worlds?