Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Anime adaptation of DanMachi announced!

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Fruitfish

Fruitfish

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts

Source

It was announced that Light novel Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka will get TV anime. This light novel received 1st of new work section on Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi! 2014.

It was announced few days ago that a new anime featuring Yoshitsugu Matsuoka, Inori Minase, and Saori Oonishi as the main casts would be announced through Nico Live tonight on October 24.

Staff
Director: Yoshiki Yamakawa
Character Design: Shigeki Kimoto
Series Composition: Hideki Shirane
Produce: Genco
Studio: J.C.Staff

Cast
Bell Cranell: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka
Hestia: Inori Minase
Aizu Wallenstein: Saori Oonishi
Liliruka Arde: Maaya Uchida

Anime official site: http://danmachi.com/
Anime Twitter: @danmachi_anime
Light Novel page: http://ga.sbcr.jp/sp/danmachi/index.html

Who else is excited? I was hoping this would happen!

Lu4JkTb.gif

DrGynaecologist

DrGynaecologist

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

Hm... to put it in the most eloquent and mild of manners... FUCK YEAH!

death orange

death orange

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts

im excited about this as well! when will the 1st episode go air?

Fruitfish

Fruitfish

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts

im excited about this as well! when will the 1st episode go air?

I don't think the airing date has been announced yet, unfortunately.

Lu4JkTb.gif

Windburns

Windburns

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts
Yessesses

SwordNoob

SwordNoob

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationTiny little Belgium

Welf doesn't have a voice actor, so I'm guessing it will cover up to volume three

Spoiler
I'm really looking forward to this ^^

On Sunday, God abandoned the world after admitting failure.

Samken

Samken

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationBrazil

I'm not a great fan of Yoshitsugu Matsuoka. I think his voice is overused, especially after his major breakthrough with Kirito in SAO.  He's like the new KanaHana. Japan is arguably the best country in terms of voice actors, there's a large pool of talented novices that just need the right push to shine, and they're cheaper to contract as well. But we'll see...

Keociera

Keociera

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts

J.C.Staff is the studio!! Awesome. They've made some good anime, I hope they won't miss up this one.

I wanted Bell's voice to be acted by Kobayashi Yuusuke. He would've nailed the role.

giphy.gif

Samken

Samken

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationBrazil

J.C.Staff is the studio!! Awesome. They've made some good anime, I hope they won't miss up this one.

I wanted Bell's voice to be acted by Kobayashi Yuusuke. He would've nailed the role.

J.C.Staff as the studio responsible for the adaptation doesn't do anything to me really. They're a hit or miss studio. When they hit, they hit hard, like ToraDora, Utena, Azumanga, Ai Yori Aoshi, Index, Honey & Clover, Nodame for example. But when they fail you get things like Yumekui Merry, Hidan no Aria, Little Busters TV, Sky Girls, The Melody of Oblivion, G-on Riders...

Edited by Samken, 08 December 2014 - 08:36 AM.

Keociera

Keociera

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts

J.C.Staff as the studio responsible for the adaptation doesn't do anything to me really. They're a hit or miss studio. When they hit, they hit hard, like ToraDora, Utena, Azumanga, Ai Yori Aoshi, Index, Honey & Clover, Nodame for example. But when they fail you get things like Yumekui Merry, Hidan no Aria, Little Busters TV, Sky Girls, The Melody of Oblivion, G-on Riders...

Will, yeah, but let's hope for a good anime :3

giphy.gif

LuffyXGoku

LuffyXGoku

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 55 posts

awesome! i didnt care much when i first heard it got an anime, and honestly still dont care for it much, since i prefer reading the manga/LN. but having an anime will greatly increase the chance that they will continue with the LN translation! just finished up to vol 4 when realised its on hold now. so hopefully the anime will get others into it, increasing chance of translators wanting to put time in.

just started learning japanese online a week ago, solely so that able to read raws of mangas and ln's hahah. really sucks when get into a series and cut short :(. got the time tho, just got laid off so if not at gym or partying, im studying or playing guitar haha... or reading.. readings really fun as well

Nefrytone

Nefrytone

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts

Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxhpfkyg7_c

awesome! i didnt care much when i first heard it got an anime, and honestly still dont care for it much, since i prefer reading the manga/LN. but having an anime will greatly increase the chance that they will continue with the LN translation! just finished up to vol 4 when realised its on hold now. so hopefully the anime will get others into it, increasing chance of translators wanting to put time in.

just started learning japanese online a week ago, solely so that able to read raws of mangas and ln's hahah. really sucks when get into a series and cut short  :(. got the time tho, just got laid off so if not at gym or partying, im studying or playing guitar haha... or reading.. readings really fun as well

LN translation stopped because it got Oficial reliss

Yen Press has announced that they have licensed this title and will be publishing it under the name Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?

http://www.yenpress.com/is-it-wrong-dungeon/

Edited by Nefrytone, 27 February 2015 - 03:19 AM.

Sacriven

Sacriven

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxhpfkyg7_c

LN translation stopped because it got Oficial reliss

Yen Press has announced that they have licensed this title and will be publishing it under the name Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?

http://www.yenpress.com/is-it-wrong-dungeon/

What a shame.
If only the download links for earlier chapters are exist...

ziemekzz

ziemekzz

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts

The vast and nearly unlimited power of certain netizens is sure to do something about it

:D

So let's pray together in hope that our pleas will reach the ears of those who hold the reigns of power in this boundless sea of data :) 

20.jpg

Keociera

Keociera

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts

What a shame.
If only the download links for earlier chapters are exist...

I have the PDF if you want them.

giphy.gif

Sacriven

Sacriven

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
I appreciate it deeply. PM me

8lacKy

8lacKy

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 12 posts
  • LocationGermany

Ouh wow.. I usually don't hate on voice-actors, but I really don't think that this guy was a good choice for Bell. While watching that PV, I never felt that his talking would fit in the slightest~ He was good for Kirito or Sora or even Aki from Saekano, but not for our little rabbit. :/

banner_eu18wc.jpg

Samken

Samken

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Ouh wow.. I usually don't hate on voice-actors, but I really don't think that this guy was a good choice for Bell. While watching that PV, I never felt that his talking would fit in the slightest~ He was good for Kirito or Sora or even Aki from Saekano, but not for our little rabbit. :/

Yeah, i think that as well. Watching the PV i just didn't feel the connection as, "this is Bell voice", and all. My reaction was, there's Matsuoka X voice for character Y. Trinity Seven was nearly unwatchable because of him. Bell should have a younger voice. The perfect VA for bell should not have no more then 20 years old. Otherwise it feels very wrong. He should have a voice fit for a 14 year old boy, and the limit age to sound like that is about 20. After that you kinda have to force yourself to sound like one. And it shows in this PV. Females can kinda get away from the age thing more, but males don't.

Again, i'll watch this, but my expectation are very low because J.C.Staff is an inconsistent studio and because Matsuoka is again voicing the MC for this show (With 5 more shows, just next season, the main being Shokugeki no Souma). I think they'll adapt up to the end of volume 3. So i at least look forward to see this content animated and all.

Edited by Samken, 05 March 2015 - 12:20 AM.

Troommate

Troommate

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 28 posts

http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/dungeon-ni-deai-wo-motomeru-no-wa-machigatteiru-darou-ka-episode-1-online

Hey guys just noticed the release of the first episode :D

klZ9Psp.gif

One of the most bad-ass blocks in anime :D

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

NO BLOOD CENSOR ... gotta love this one ...

the animation is good too ...