Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[OOC] One Last God: Kubera ROLEPLAY Discussion

• Please log in to reply
771 replies to this topic

Ichypa

Ichypa

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationWorshipping at the shrine of Trebor, The Hammer of Justice

Yeah... Well, doing screenshots just for that sounds like a bother... Should I make a dice program then? It'll take a little time, but maybe I can do a character sheet generator. Less cheating, since you'd need to change the code to cheat... And you can't cheat if you ask screen shot of the "outside page" (basically, presentation page, in opposition to the "inside" one...) since going from in to out resets the program. So..?

There are dice programs that already exist. No need to go through the trouble, when googling "dice roller" would be sufficient.  Though if its fun for you, have at it.

Well if you really care about cheating, you could just have the GM do the dice rolling upon request. I don't think it really matters though.

This would probably be best.

Hm... I thought roleplay was more like writing fiction based on the side plot-lines of the story. Not sure why we need dice here.

I think the plot is more important than the game mechanics.

There are different styles. The reason I think creating game mechanics for this game in particular is necessary is because Kubera's magic system is soooo very complex and mapped out.

First Ideal of the Knights Radiant:

Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts
  • LocationSomewhere I can daydream in peace, hopefully.

I still think it should start with the plot and basic story first, and then grow your character from there. Character without plot is not terribly interesting. 

There was a time I thought programming was fun too. Then i started doing it for a living. i can assure you it's doesn't come fun after that.

Uh, of course. But I'll be 14 on Monday, so it's only a hobby...

Well, it depends. The one deciding of the plot is the GM. But since this one is a little peculiar, we could start by it... What are your ideas? Tell us.

There are dice programs that already exist. No need to go through the trouble, when googling "dice roller" would be sufficient.  Though if its fun for you, have at it.

This would probably be best.

There are different styles. The reason I think creating game mechanics for this game in particular is necessary is because Kubera's magic system is soooo very complex and mapped out.

So, you take care of it? We only need name/race/age/attributes?

Edited by Nualie, 01 November 2014 - 08:52 PM.

Some stuff I made: All's here!

My profile on fanfiction.net is here.

Check Kubera out if you don't know it!

Because it's fun to see Leez dying inside and outside all over the place it's a story of romance, psychology and humor. And horror. A little. 

smthFishy

smthFishy

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  • Locationsubmerged

I think the GM should get the over-all say on what the "official" storyline should be, otherwise it'd be favoritism, he-say-she-say kind of deal.

Story line - hmm.... what kind of themes do you kids want to explore? Since you're in your teens you might want to explore different roles maybe? do you guys want something light like Power of Friendship naruto style? or something heavy like Decide-Outcome-of-the-Universe style that Currygom is pushing for?

If you want the light-hearted Naruto style you can look into the hero archetype myth: Hero starts somewhere, meets some people, develops a conflict, resolves the conflict, etc. Most of the RPGs follow some kind of this pattern.

But, if you want some heavier theme material, you can break this pattern. So you can end bittersweetly - like you know, the Little Mermaid, where the Little Mermaid actually dies at the story. (You do know the hans anderson story right?) So favor do you kids want?

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

I think the GM should get the over-all say on what the "official" storyline should be, otherwise it'd be favoritism, he-say-she-say kind of deal.

Story line - hmm.... what kind of themes do you kids want to explore? Since you're in your teens you might want to explore different roles maybe? do you guys want something light like Power of Friendship naruto style? or something heavy like Decide-Outcome-of-the-Universe style that Currygom is pushing for?

If you want the light-hearted Naruto style you can look into the hero archetype myth: Hero starts somewhere, meets some people, develops a conflict, resolves the conflict, etc. Most of the RPGs follow some kind of this pattern.

But, if you want some heavier theme material, you can break this pattern. So you can end bittersweetly - like you know, the Little Mermaid, where the Little Mermaid actually dies at the story. (You do know the hans anderson story right?) So favor do you kids want?

There isn't only these two possibilities... And yes I read the original version. 

Well, I dunno about you, but I think surprise (at least partly) is more interesting. Because if there is no uncertainty, it's boring(that's what the dices are for...).

That's the use of the GM. He/She knows and we players don't. 

Because it's fun to see Leez dying inside and outside all over the place it's a story of romance, psychology and humor. And horror. A little. 

Bigf00t

Bigf00t

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationGermany

I would go the diceroll way. That chart seems pretty balanced ( need to fix divine affinity for halfs).  And please... I think we can trust each other enough do do the dice rolls by ourselves. I mean... we are strangers... on the internet :-) .who just want to have some fun with some fanfictinon.

And storywise: We better start small, going bigger as the story progresses  is easy, going smaller always feels unsatisfying.  

Edited by Bigf00t, 02 November 2014 - 12:37 AM.

Signia

Signia

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 36 posts

I'm a little concerned about the Divine affinity. The highest base we can get for it is 720? Unless I'm doing this wrong. ^^; /total newbie

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

I'm a little concerned about the Divine affinity. The highest base we can get for it is 720? Unless I'm doing this wrong. ^^; /total newbie

Yeah, that's a bit too low. We should double the max a couple times. 

Ichypa

Ichypa

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,154 posts

No, that is where the "skimming the comic for comparisons" bit came in. When Asha and Brilith were getting tested at Rindhallow, a bunch of people were amazed by Brilith's score, because, as they said, it was supposed to be difficult to get above 1000. When I calculated the max score possible with every positive, I believe it fell in the 2000's. I thought that would be reasonable limit, since for all her cruddy calculating limiting her potential, Brilith is still frigging powerful. Being able to make a character like Asha would be utterly ridiculous.

Edit: Yeah, if you're a triple attribute with perfect Intelligence and Willpower scores, you get a max base of 2160. Most of the other scores that were being announced while Asha and Brillith were waiting were in the ~500~600 range.

Edited by Ichypa, 02 November 2014 - 07:26 PM.

Life before death
Strength before weakness

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

No, that is where the "skimming the comic for comparisons" bit came in. When Asha and Brilith were getting tested at Rindhallow, a bunch of people were amazed by Brilith's score, because, as they said, it was supposed to be difficult to get above 1000. When I calculated the max score possible with every positive, I believe it fell in the 2000's. I thought that would be reasonable limit, since for all her cruddy calculating limiting her potential, Brilith is still frigging powerful. Being able to make a character like Asha would be utterly ridiculous.

Edit: Yeah, if you're a triple attribute with perfect Intelligence and Willpower scores, you get a max base of 2160. Most of the other scores that were being announced while Asha and Brillith were waiting were in the ~500~600 range.

OK... Maybe we could use cards stats, too. To give a scale?

Well, can we post our CS now, or you need more time?

Ichypa

Ichypa

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,154 posts

I'm not the GM, but I don't think there is anything else I need to do, so probably.

Unless you really, really want me to create a list of skills, so that you actually have to put points into knowing physics to use Bhavati Kubera. I mean, doing so would supply mechanics for people to play more civilian characters like Riche, but I figure people could just roleplay that stuff, and that they would be more likely to want to play characters who went around calling fire from the sky or ripping boulders in half with their bare hands.

Life before death
Strength before weakness

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

So you roll the dices, Ichy?

Okay, first attempt (I might change it):

Name: Celia Hael 

Attributes: Earth-Water-Darkness

Race: Ananta Half

Appearance:Red eyes like the snake team's, blond hair that she ties like Gandharva in N5 (very very loose pony tail?), 1m 60 (taller than Sagara, haha...), wears a black cape and normal cloths under it.

Strength: Halfs roll 2d6 and add 6

Constitution: (Same as above)

Dexterity: (Same as above)

Intelligence:  4d6 and drop lowest for Fighters and halfs)

Willpower: (Roll 3d6)

Education: (2d6 add 1/2 Intelligence)

Vigor: Constitution+Willpower X100 x4

Transcendental Value: Willpower x10,Halfs x4)

Divine Affinity: 0

Concentration: (Intelligence+Willpower)

Mastery: (Intelligence+Education)

Transcendental Skills:

Attribute: (Birth or Heredity, determines type of Transcendentals that can be used)

Transcendental threshold: (=Transcendental Value, determines variety of skills that can be used)

Maximum Power: (=Trascendental Value)

Vigor use (Scope + Power of skill x2)

Shouldn't we need some sort of backstory as well? And the general plot to fit us all into it? 

Basically, all you chose is your name/age/Attributes, haha...

I added appearance an age, too. What about adding temper as well? 

Edited by Nualie, 02 November 2014 - 09:51 PM.

Ichypa

Ichypa

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,154 posts

All right then, but I'm going to say Manta has the right to veto anything I roll and do it himself if he wants.

Your stats:

Strength: 14

Constitution: 15

Dexterity: 11

Intelligence: 14

Willpower: 16

Education: 17

You should be able to do the rest of the math from here. Now, I must go and dance the dance of death against the neverending horde of essays.

Life before death
Strength before weakness

Bigf00t

Bigf00t

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationGermany

Name:

Birth Attributes: Visnu ,Vayu ,Indra

Race: Yaksha Quarter

Apperance :A tall but stringy blonde guy with green eyes

Strength:, Quarters roll 4d6, drop lowest and combine

Constitution: (Same as above)

Dexterity: (Same as above)

Intelligence: Roll 2d6 add 6 for magicians

Willpower: (Roll 3d6)

Education: (2d6 add 1/2 Intelligence)

Vigor: Constitution+Willpower X100, Quarters x2

Transcendental Value: Willpower x10, Quarters x2

Divine Affinity: (Intelligence+Willpower x20 xBirth attribute multiplier

Concentration: (Intelligence+Willpower)

Mastery: (Intelligence+Education)

Magic Skills

Daily uses: (With no aligned birth attributes, minimum uses and power multiplier start at 1 for Hoti spells; daily uses triple for each aligned attribute, and power multiplier doubles. For Bhavati spells, minimum uses and power multiplier start at 1 for a single attribute, uses quadruple for for each additional aligned attribute, and and power multiplier triples. Add Mastery /4 to number of uses)

Maximum Power: (Divine Affinity x Power Multiplier)

Maximum Scope of application: (Mastery x Intelligence)

Accuracy: (Concentration x2)

Conception Time: (90 - (Intelligence+Concentration+Mastery)

Response Time: ((Conception Time - Concentration)/Birth Attribute Multiplier

Vigor Use: (Scope of spell + Power of Spell)

I´ll edit when i found a fitting name

Signia

Signia

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 36 posts

Hmm.. so the attributes affect the score shown in the magic exams in Kubera? Had Brilith used a spell that wasn't her attribute, she would have only gotten 228? @_@ I always thought the scores shown there were the default base of their Divinity, regardless of what their attributes were since that would only affect spells with the same attributes as they had.

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

Name: Celia Hael 

Attributes: Earth-Water-Darkness

Race: Ananta Half

Appearance:Red eyes like the snake team's, blond hair that she ties like Gandharva in N5 (very very loose pony tail?), 1m 60 (taller than Sagara, haha...), wears a black cape and normal cloths under it. She has a tail that she usually hides, and a black droplet-shaped 'tatoo' under her right eye.

Strength: 14

Constitution: 15

Dexterity: 11

Intelligence:  14

Willpower: 16

Education: 14

Vigor: 11 600

Transcendental Value: 640 (I didn't score badly tough... So why does it sound low T_T . Oh well... Compared to suras of course...)

Divine Affinity: 0

Concentration: 30

Mastery: 28

Transcendental Skills:

Attribute: (Birth or Heredity, determines type of Transcendentals that can be used) Earth-Water-Darkness

Transcendental threshold: (=640, determines variety of skills that can be used)

Maximum Power: 640

Maybe we should add a vigor recovery factor, too?

Hmm.. so the attributes affect the score shown in the magic exams in Kubera? Had Brilith used a spell that wasn't her attribute, she would have only gotten 228? @_@ I always thought the scores shown there were the default base of their Divinity, regardless of what their attributes were since that would only affect spells with the same attributes as they had.

Well, that's the case. It's when you actually use a spell, no matter which one, that divine affinity is measured. I guess it takes "which spell is that, what attributes does he/she have" into account?

Edited by Nualie, 03 November 2014 - 07:48 AM.

Tierra

Tierra

Baked Potato

• The Company
  • 1,912 posts
  • LocationGermany
I thought 'birth attribute multiplyer'
Meant you have single attributes=1, double=2, or triple=3
Nothing spell-specific

Edit nevermind xD
I think its ok like that...

What bothers me a bit is that this method of defining stats takes away freedom to model the character... e.g. if you wanted to make an arrogant magician that is great at magic but weak as hell if it comes to physical strength... but then the dice gives you superior strength and liw intelligence...hm :/

~*~ Kubera ~*~ Kubera Wiki ~*~ Kubera Fanart ~*~ Kubera TL(En)~*~

~*~ Smile today, tomorrow could be worse. ~*~

Bigf00t

Bigf00t

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationGermany

There is also litterally no advantage in playing a pureblood. That is maybe true to the Kuberaverse, but really bad for balance purposes.

Maybe we should give everyone like 90 stat points we can distribute like we want.

Edited by Bigf00t, 03 November 2014 - 10:37 AM.

popabogdan

popabogdan

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • LocationBucharest,Romania

So I'm going to assume that people can find dice rolling programs and won't mind using dice.

Note for the uninitiated: d6, etc = six-sided die, etc.

Spoiler

This character sheet has been brought to you by blatant copying, guesswork, skimming the manhwa for comparisons, and the Kubera Wiki.

We can probably work on some of the more guesswork-involved formulas, but I think the actual important bits have been gotten down.

This one can go under 0 by my calculatuons. Also what is power multiplier at Maximum Power.

There is also litterally no advantage in playing a pureblood. That is maybe true to the Kuberaverse, but really bad for balance purposes.

Maybe we should give everyone like 90 stat points we can distribute like we want.

IMO the purebloods are fine as they are, after all it is true that humans are just weak. Also unlike Suras I think that purebloods would play more startegical, taking advantage of enviroment etc etc.

I'd join the game but not sure how  this game is supposed to work, beside there are also the issues of having limited time.

Edit: I think vigor/vigor consumption mechanics should be modified a bit, with a random pureblood character I made on my paper, a maximum power vishnu spell(With double vishnu) would basicly deplete my whole vigor ;-; (54 vigor left)

Even as a quarter you wouldn't be able to use lots of spells

Edited by popabogdan, 03 November 2014 - 04:04 PM.

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

This one can go under 0 by my calculatuons. Also what is power multiplier at Maximum Power.

IMO the purebloods are fine as they are, after all it is true that humans are just weak. Also unlike Suras I think that purebloods would play more startegical, taking advantage of enviroment etc etc.

I'd join the game but not sure how  this game is supposed to work, beside there are also the issues of having limited time.

Edit: I think vigor/vigor consumption mechanics should be modified a bit, with a random pureblood character I made on my paper, a maximum power vishnu spell(With double vishnu) would basicly deplete my whole vigor ;-; (54 vigor left)

Even as a quarter you wouldn't be able to use lots of spells

Hmm, yeah...

I'm a half, I don't care about spells... XD

I thought 'birth attribute multiplyer'
Meant you have single attributes=1, double=2, or triple=3
Nothing spell-specific

Edit nevermind xD
I think its ok like that...

What bothers me a bit is that this method of defining stats takes away freedom to model the character... e.g. if you wanted to make an arrogant magician that is great at magic but weak as hell if it comes to physical strength... but then the dice gives you superior strength and liw intelligence...hm :/

Well, that's true...

I like that suggestion, actually, since 1)it makes it impossible to cheat, 2)it resolves Tierra's point. 

So? Skill points? I can help make some sort of skill list for transcendentals, too. 'Cause we're not going to make them up on the spot...

You could use skill points to learn transcendentals and/or spells as well

Ichypa

Ichypa

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,154 posts

I did the best I could. I don't know anything about game balance. :(

Unless you guys want to wait another week, then someone else should probably give it a go.

I think I saw a list of Transcendental skills on the wiki.

Life before death
Strength before weakness