Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

berserk after chapter 95

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

skules

skules

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 55 posts

So.... I've managed to read up to chapter 95 and holy fucking hell that's brutal.... Knew there was going to be a supernatural theme but the moment they introduced the ape monster everything became so dark

Personally never liked rape in a manga and that entire hell arc place was..... yeah....

Does it get better, or does it get even more, wtf... further on? Does caska also recover? If she joins griffith please tell me so i can drop this manga

Edited by skules, 08 October 2014 - 02:58 AM.

StanleyPalmtree

StanleyPalmtree

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

if your worries are that it will just get even worse from there onward then don't worry, that particular event is without a doubt the darkest moment in the whole manga.

I would definitely say to keep reading, i always look at Berserk as actually starting here and the whole golden age arc just being an giant flashback, done to provide the right context for where the story goes from here ( and it really goes places). 

that's not too say it will be a happy story from here onward, but its nothing compared to that particular chapter.

sorry if im being really vague about this but i would rather not spoil anything if you do decide to keep reading, but since you asked directly, know that Caska doesn't join Griffith, at all. like, the opposite happens.

Edited by StanleyPalmtree, 08 October 2014 - 10:03 AM.

skules

skules

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 55 posts

Thanks, very much appreciated. That shit was so dark....

I don't mind if the story doesn't get happier, i just don't want to have it be that dark again.

Edited by skules, 08 October 2014 - 02:44 PM.

Blubbly

Blubbly

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationInside the rabbit hole.

Well to be fair I think it gets even darker from the last part of the Golden Age arc onwards. Pretty much everything from that point onwards is dark. Which is also why Miura included more members to the cast to counterbalance the darker themes present. 

Edited by Blubbly, 06 August 2015 - 04:20 AM.

| MAL | 

YOUR DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT PIERCES THE HEAVENS! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM! 

tumblr_ljntvbbipq1qj3teco1_500_zpse7091a

MrAnarchist

MrAnarchist

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationFrom Ravnica to Theros, from Innistrad to Kamigawa, I'm in no single place for too long
*laughs uncontrollably then stops midway* Dude, shit gets dark like no tomorrow. I have a theory behind Falconia, but that's for later. As for the darkest moment, I'd say the Eclipse.
So Ulamog and Kozilek are dead, FOR GOOD. but Ugin made a good point: there's no telling how many eldrazi there are in the Blind Eternities and whether they will seek revenge.

It REALLY sucks when a pacifist makes you guilty for killing monsters.

10.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg