Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[Spoilers] Tower of God Chapter 66

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Avonesor

Avonesor

Fingerling Potato

• Donator
  • 57 posts
Wow!
The blog stats stats seem very interesting! It would be great if someone translates it. I imagine it will be something like Shinsoo resistance, Physical endurance and so on. And we see that Androssi is stronger than Anak, although I don't think the statistic takes the 13 month series into consideration.

And is this the way the author wants to spell the names in English?
Ship Lee Soo should be Sib Yi Soo?
I, personally, am already used to the names used by The Company changing all of them could lead to confusion but these are the author's wishes ???
I really don't know

Michael Chandra

Michael Chandra

Fingerling Potato

• tC Donator
  • 71 posts

I just wish that they moved along the floors a little quicker. The first floor was like 2 chapters, and the second has been like 64 chapters. I get the plot development but one of the things this manga had going for it early on was rapid changes of location, something to keep the reader on edge. It's still a really good manwa but it seems like it's kinda stuck all the time.

The Floor of Test is special, though. It weeds out through long training and different tests. I vaguely recall the next floors are all "Guardian gave someone permission to run shit, they run a test, that's it" up to where they conquered the tower. And while theoretically it could take them a century (Yuri's time) or more for those >100 floors, I'd expect it to be less, what with the Irregular-status.

Shintai

Shintai

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 402 posts

There really isn't anything to talk about other than theories. I kind of gave up on people's theories, I just couldn't stand reading them, some others have been absent from the latest chapter discussions too.

I'm one of them, although I was fairly active before, the series moves forward a bit too slow, it's still good but not THAT good anymore. I just hope this "season" will end soon (or at least more action) and then a lot of action in the next "season". ^^ Of course, more action in the rest of this arc would be appreciated xD

Zoro

Zoro

Potato

• Donator
  • 184 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, U.S.
I, for one, like the fact that they've spend so long in Ivankhell's floor (2nd floor). What most people don't realize when they complain about the 1st floor taking only a few chapters while the 2nd floors has been going on forever is that everyone (except irregulars) starts in the 2nd floor. As Michael pointed out, the 2nd floor is made to weed out anyone who is too dangerous for the tower (or too weak for that matter lol). So it makes sense for this floor to be extremely long, since there are thousands of people going there everyday and only a few are able to pass. It's said that only two people can reach the top once per year, so it is understandable that the floor that weeds out the dangerous and the weak (there are thousands) takes the longest of all of them.

With that aside, the only thing that I don't like is that there are two irregulars when they are supposed to be extremely rare. >_>

For now I'm just hoping that the sheep-guy-girl leaves my Anak alone. That sheep will turn into lamb chops if he does anything to her. D:

So....am I the only one that wants Parakewl (that traitor guy) dead? If not killed, I at least want Hatsu to beat the crap out of him. lol
Posted Image

baam99

baam99

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 390 posts

I, for one, like the fact that they've spend so long in Ivankhell's floor (2nd floor). What most people don't realize when they complain about the 1st floor taking only a few chapters while the 2nd floors has been going on forever is that everyone (except irregulars) starts in the 2nd floor. As Michael pointed out, the 2nd floor is made to weed out anyone who is too dangerous for the tower (or too weak for that matter lol). So it makes sense for this floor to be extremely long, since there are thousands of people going there everyday and only a few are able to pass. It's said that only two people can reach the top once per year, so it is understandable that the floor that weeds out the dangerous and the weak (there are thousands) takes the longest of all of them.

With that aside, the only thing that I don't like is that there are two irregulars when they are supposed to be extremely rare. >_>

For now I'm just hoping that the sheep-guy-girl leaves my Anak alone. That sheep will turn into lamb chops if he does anything to her. D:

So....am I the only one that wants Parakewl (that traitor guy) dead? If not killed, I at least want Hatsu to beat the crap out of him. lol

There is only one confirmed Irregular and that is Baam. If there were two, Yu Hansung (The Director) would have involved both of them in his plot, instead of using Lahel as a means for Baam to take action.

Lahel is mysterious, but, there is no clear confirmation that she is an Irregular.

Akryung is mysterious, but he is not an Irregular as he is from inside the Tower. He is obviously really strong.
Akryung is probably one of these:
1) A male son or descendent of one of the renegade Princesses of Zahard, that somehow survived.
2) A male son or descendent of one of the 10 great families.
3) one of those rare individuals who are not part of any of the great families but is very talented.

The 5 Irregulars we know of are:
1) Zahard
2) Enryu
3) Phantaminum
4) Urek Mazino
5) Baam

We have to remember that there are other talented individuals that can be considered monsters, but Irregulars are monsters compared to these monsters.

You are one of many people who think that Parakkiul should be have been annihilated by some one. However, I suspect his behaviour is not uncommon, and a lot of the regulars do it, on the 2nd floor and higher floors, if they get a chance.

I wonder how strong, the sheep looking guy is?

I think Anak will live.

Michael Chandra

Michael Chandra

Fingerling Potato

• tC Donator
  • 71 posts
Par basically panicked, thinking he'd fail the test if they didn't attack fast. His fate is already bound to Baam's.

As for the Irregulars: Those are the ones that got up and caused havoc. Who knows how many more were weeded out?

Zoro

Zoro

Potato

• Donator
  • 184 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, U.S.

There is only one confirmed Irregular and that is Baam. If there were two, Yu Hansung (The Director) would have involved both of them in his plot, instead of using Lahel as a means for Baam to take action.

Lahel is mysterious, but, there is no clear confirmation that she is an Irregular.

Akryung is mysterious, but he is not an Irregular as he is from inside the Tower. He is obviously really strong.
Akryung is probably one of these:
1) A male son or descendent of one of the renegade Princesses of Zahard, that somehow survived.
2) A male son or descendent of one of the 10 great families.
3) one of those rare individuals who are not part of any of the great families but is very talented.

The 5 Irregulars we know of are:
1) Zahard
2) Enryu
3) Phantaminum
4) Urek Mazino
5) Baam

We have to remember that there are other talented individuals that can be considered monsters, but Irregulars are monsters compared to these monsters.

You are one of many people who think that Parakkiul should be have been annihilated by some one. However, I suspect his behaviour is not uncommon, and a lot of the regulars do it, on the 2nd floor and higher floors, if they get a chance.

I wonder how strong, the sheep looking guy is?

I think Anak will live.

Yeah, but what about when Quant looked worried when talking to the director? He did say there was an irregular and a princess in the group (when they killed the 197 other participants). After all, he was right about the princess.

Regarding Akryung: He was one of the three that killed the other 197 participants and part of the group Quant said contained both a princess and an irregular. Asides from that, yes, there's nothing else that would prove that he is an irregular (the princess said he was a bit strong lol).

I agree that many other people would do what Parakewl has done so far, but they'd at least come up with a smart plans, no? Parakewl lacks brains, strength, skill, and courage. It'd be highly improvable for him to survive in a place that is all about survival of the fittest (or luckiest, but ....well, him making it so all the way to the last test of the 2nd floor MIGHT mean he has luck...lol).

The sheep guy girl must be a beast. After all, he is a member of the royal guard and number 67 (I'm guessing it means his rank?). I mean, look at Quant, everyone considers him to be a weak ranker, and yet he could kill all of the regulars right now. I just hope he she gets his her arse kicked for laying his her paws on my Anak. QQ

Yey! She'll live for sure then. ^^

Par basically panicked, thinking he'd fail the test if they didn't attack fast. His fate is already bound to Baam's.

As for the Irregulars: Those are the ones that got up and caused havoc. Who knows how many more were weeded out?

I was referring more to the "Spear Revolution" lol. Regardless, he'll be a huge weakness for the group if he survives and teams up with them. I hope he gets eaten. >>

That's quite a new perspective: There being lots of irregulars, yet only the strongest survive and the rest are weeded out. There's a flaw to it though: Irregulars hadn't been to the tower for a long time until Baam arrived, which would mean that there is indeed only 1 irregular every so many years. Plus Yuri's reaction when she felt (was told?) about an irregular's arrival pretty much says that it's a extremely rare occurrence, otherwise she'd be so buff from going up and down the tower lol....

Edited by Zoro, 13 October 2011 - 11:43 AM.

Posted Image