Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[RP] Unforgiven - The Sinner's Ball

The Kappaning

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra

high_tech_jail_by_kerko-d31bg0f_zps10df4

“’Will you walk into my parlour?’ said the Spider to the Fly.”

- Mary Howitt

Chapter 2 – Fresh Meat

Within the animal kingdom, cannibalism, the act of one individual of a species consuming another individual of the same species as food, is an ecological interaction recorded for over fifteen hundred species. This phenomenon can be divided into three categories. The first is sexual cannibalism, where one mate kills the other during or after copulation. This form of cannibalism can most commonly be seen in arachnids or certain insects. It should be noted that in all of these species, it is always the female that consumes the male, and not the reverse. It is an extreme form of monogamy where the male sacrifices itself to the female. The second form is intrauterine cannibalism, a behavior noted in certain carnivorous species wherein multiple embryos are created at impregnation, but only one is born. The larger and stronger ones consume their less-developed siblings for nutrients. Intrauterine cannibalism is most notably seen in shark species, and is thought to be an evolutionary trait designed to prepare them for their predatory lifestyle before they are born.

The final, and most common form is size-structured cannibalism in which older, larger, more mature individuals in a species consume smaller, younger conspecifics. Interestingly enough, this type of cannibalism if more often seen in omnivores than carnivores. An example of this would be the chimpanzee, where groups of adult males have been observed to attack and consume weaker younger chimpanzees. The tadpole form of the spadefoot toad provides another illustration of this happening. All spadefoot tadpoles begin life as omnivores, feeding mainly on organic debris in their soon-to-be-dry pool in the desert, but occasionally one tadpole eats another. This event triggers changes in the tadpole’s physiology and dietary preference, causing the tadpole to become larger and exclusively carnivorous, feasting on other animals including members of its own species. The taste of blood has made it more aggressive and stronger than before.

To most human societies, however, the act of cannibalism is an abomination. It is considered a crime against humanity and a sickening display of the limits of human depravity. And yet, it is a common belief among anthropologists that the Neanderthals of the ancient world were in fact eaten by modern humans. After all, as much as they try to hide it, humans, too, are animals. Anyone, given the proper circumstances, could give into their more primal urges. Anyone could take that final step and…

Feed the beast within.

---

Freedom from the prison transport driver’s off-pitched whistling was one of few reliefs for the new inmates of Safety. It was unfortunate that it came with a flood of new worries. They were led into the cell block in five rows of six and one row of five, on account of one of the men originally with them having arrived somewhat dead.

For JP, one of the estranged thirty-five newcomers, everything wasn’t all bad though. At the very least prison meant he’d hit rock bottom. He didn’t have to worry that the man was going to get him, because the man had already got him. He wasn’t scared of what tomorrow might bring, because yesterday brought it. Or so he thought.

“Git moving maggots!” echoed what appeared to be a higher ranked prison guard. At first JP didn’t notice the ranked insignia on the fold of the captain’s jacket because it was something else that caught him completely off guard.

“Hey,” whispered the prisoner next to him. “Is that a panda?”

The captain of the guard did indeed look like a very small panda. JP would’ve thought it adorable if the creature didn’t have such a dour look on its face. Or hold the keys to his shackles.

“Quiet maggots!” bellowed the panda captain as the group halted at the cell block entrance. Hundreds of unfriendly eyes glanced their direction, some dangerous, like predators looking at new prey and some failing to give them a second glance at all. None seemed all that friendly or sympathetic to their new brethren.

From just his first glance, JP could tell the prison was enormous in size. The yard alone stretched along for what looked like a few miles and was nearly as wide. The entire area since their arrival had been completely enclosed by several layers of steel. There were no windows and it was impossible to tell what time of day it was from just the overly bright artificial lighting provided for them.

A man was hunched on hands and knees, carefully scrubbing the prison block’s metal floors, face hidden by a shag of matted hair and colorless beard, so beggarly he made the most wretched of his fellow prisoners look like princes. One of the guards aimed the sort of careless kick at him, as he might’ve at a stray dog and sent him crawling away, dragging a great weight of heavy chain after him. The prison seemed well supplied in general, but of chain in particular there would surely be no shortage.

A guard shoved JP aside with unnecessary violence between two other prisoners, who, much unsurprisingly did nothing to help him. On one side was a hulk of a man with a thick fold of muscle where his neck should’ve been, head tipped back so he could watch the guards gathering on the upper floor. On the other was a dirty looking youth with a dour look on his face.

“Bloody ‘ell,” grunted the younger one who removed his cap and began scratching his head as he examined the group of new prisoners. “Wot a sorry looking bunch.”

“You were asking for new prisoners weren’t you?” said the burly man, without looking around. “Here they are.”

“Oi’ asked for blokes ‘oo might be useful,” the smaller one retorted.

“Be thankful for half of what you ask for,” said JP. “Believe me, I asked for none of this.”

The big man’s mouth curled up a little as he spared JP a glance. “Life gives you lemons so make lemonade, as my ma always said. I am Big Bear, though you can call me Bigby if you want. My sour friend here is Ratter. Welcome to Cell Block A”

“Interesting names,” JP rubbed at his scraped elbows as he helped himself up. "I'm Johhny."

“Most of us pick new names when we come here,” Bigby laughed. “Might want to consider one too. Johnny is eh, very boring sounding.”

JP shrugged and said “I’ll stick with what I have.  I was –“

With a practiced roll of the tongue and twitch of the head the young boy spat into the tin cup in front of him. “You’re nuffin’ now. Forget the past. Makes it a bit easier. Welcome to Cell Block A oi’ suppose”

“Cell Block A? There are more?”

“Four t’be precise. This one ‘ere just happens to hold the most of us with the smallest amount of space. Earn enough points n’ you can move up maybe.”

Bigby heaved up a sigh. “Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Newbies don’t have to worry about credits just yet.” He turned towards JP, “Don’t let Ratter grind the laughter out of you yet though.  He’s sour as lemons, but a good man to have by your side. ” He puffed out his cheeks. “Though I must admit, I only like him by my side because it means he’s not at my back.”

JP gave a sorry little chuckle, maybe his first since he was first arrested. Maybe his first in months really. But he didn’t laugh long.

A door on the upper floor banged wide and a woman swaggered into the light, raised both arms with a flourish, and shrieked, “I’m here little ones!”

She was very tall, sharp-featured as a hawk with a pale scar across her right eye and her dark hair pinned up in a tangle. She wore the same uniform as the prison guard captains, though hers was more brightly decorated and embroidered with golden lace in certain areas, a dark overcoat, and a leather belt with gilt end of which flapped about the grip of a Japanese sword slung absurdly low. She kicked aside the nearest prisoner so she could prop one sharp-toed boot on his table and grinned down at the rest, teeth gleaming in the unnatural light.

Right away the prisoners and guards alike began to clap. The only ones who did not join them was JP and the other newcomers.

“Bloody bitch,” Ratter forced through a fixed grin while he applauded.

“You’d better clap,” murmured Bigby. JP noticed several of his fellow newcomers had also began their uncertain applause and followed suit.

“Little ones, little ones!” called the woman, fist pressed to her chest with emotion, “You do me too much honor! Don’t let that stop you trying, though. To those who have recently joined us, I am Aurea Adamova, vice warden of Safety! You may well have heard of me, for my name is famous throughout the world.”

Her fame had not reached JP, but he knew better than most when to stay silent.

“I could regale you with rousing tales of my colorful past,” she went on, twirling around her sword as she spoke. “How I lead the strike force that captured the deadly terrorist Ahman, was for some time a favored lover of the English Prince William but refused to become his wife, was the first woman to pilot a X79 Mecha, survived the nuking of Topeca by hiding  in a refrigerator, wrestled a bear, and blah blah blah, but why?” She affectionately patted the cheek of the nearest prisoner, hard enough for the slapping to be clearly heard. “Let us simply say this prison is now the world to you, and here I am great and you are lowly.”

“We’re great,” echoed Captain Bubbles the panda, sweeping the tables with his frown, “you’re lowly.”

“Though you belong to me –“

Bubbles noisily cleared his throat.

“-and the other fine guards of Cell Block A-“

Bubbles nodded cautious approval.

“-still I like to think of us all as one family!” The vice-warden gave a sort of gathering hug motion with her outstretched arms, as though she was some enormous predatory bird taking flight. “I, the indulgent grandparent, Bubbles and his guards the kindly uncles, you the troublesome brood. United against the tragic injustice that is our society! You are lucky little children, for mercy, charity, and kindness have always been my great weaknesses.” Ratter hawked up phlegm in disgust at that. “Most of you will see the good sense in being obedient offspring, but…perhaps…” and Adamova’s smile collapsed to leave her dark face a caricature of hurt, “…there is some malcontent among you thinking of going their own way.”

Bubbles gave a disapproving growl.

“Of turning his back upon his loving family. Of abandoning his brothers and sisters.” The vice-warden traced the fine scar down her eye with one fingertip and bared her teeth. “Perhaps even of raising a treacherous hand against his doting caretakers.”

Bubbles gave a horrified hiss.

“Should some devil send such thoughts your way…” the vice-warden leaned down over the railing. “Well, then we shall see what happens to you,” and her smile disappeared suddenly from her face and in that instance JP feared for his life.

“Bloody bitch,” murmured Ratter again. Adamova left back through the cell block entrance. Bubble blew his whistle and shouted, “Alright maggots, break time! Head for the yard.”

“What now?” muttered JP.

Ratter gave a bitter hiss at such ignorance.

“Now?” Bigby spat into the tin can. “We survive.”

Events

Spoiler

OOC

Spoiler

NPC’s

Spoiler

Edited by Mors, 04 September 2014 - 04:26 AM.

a6f4b732-ee1c-43f9-a007-079ff2b01822_zps

"The sun is new each day."

Flicker

Flicker

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts

Zoe, frightened by the situation, and certainly not willing to stand around alone, made her way to the yard with the others. Looking around, she found it hard to believe this place could exist, how it could possibly remain in some state of ... well, not a prison war. Passing several groups, all she received were glares, sneers, rude remarks. The inhabitants of this prison certainly seemed unique, though she decided it was probably safer to avoid them.

”Hey girl, prison can be a scary place y’know. Us gals gotta stick together. If you join us we can make sure no “accidents” happen to you, ya feel me?” came a voice somewhere to her left.

"Excuse me?" Zoe turned to look at, and decided that the woman couldn't be too dangerous, and took a couple steps in her direction ...

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

Radha_Heir_to_Keld_640.jpg

'First Impressions'
Chavez, A.R

Adelita sat diagonally across the Tone deaf driver as he mindlessly whistled into the storm. Decked in standard orange prisoner's outfit that looked like a dried orange and a collar round her neck she listened intently to the driver. Her insidious dark eyes calmly staring his back as she tried to figure out the rhythm in his beat.His incessant whistling, grating on her nerves but she didn't want to protest, all that shiz about lemonade and lemons. Had it been her regular life, she would have killed the old rustbucket atleast seven times over.

Her protest was lodged by a meatshield as she pictured ways of bringing pain to the old man. The peeps around the giant seem to be a bit hesitant of being there. He seemed to be dangerous to them, she wondered where did they round up all these pussies if they got scared so easily. Amused for bit she stared at his back as the bus took a violent shudder. They need to send these hardy things over the border, school buses back in the hood can certainly use such hardiness. Then without much forethought she joined him in his encore, equally out of sync if not more. Closing her eyes and lounging into the seat as she followed him beat for beat.

They soon reached their destination and the old coot turned around to great them, old as Montezuma he had a certain charm about him, something hiding under those wrinkles that hinted he wasn't all toothless smiles and giggles. The back opened and a white light bathed everyone while Uncle Darwin in front flipped a switch. A moment later the giant was dead. As dead as nails or perhaps deader. She let out a bashful smile at the veteran, 

"We should team up sometime, pops. If, I survive this, that is." she said before giving him a thmbs up and exiting alongside other prisoners who wore a startled expression. Thinking perhaps she was loose in the head and they won't be wrong.

Shepherded into the last row of five she heard a cheap redneck imitation from above. Looking over she saw the owner of the voice to be a baby panda. Her thoughts mirrored by whispers around her. She let out a smile as he continued, looking around the cells to find murderous, hungry glares aimed at the new incomers.

Out in front of her lay a vast expanse, certainly as far as eyes could see, she was in a city, a city of convicts. A place of death and mayhem; an absolute heaven. The guards all had impressive builds, it would be interesting to deal with them. Some prisoners too had her interested, though none of them were her current company. The ones from the cells, that had a hungry look in their eyes, eyes like predators, she could feel the butterflies go wild in her stomach from excitement.

'This won't be any boring prison, this is certainly fun.' she thought. Just then she heard a booming feminine voice from where the bear had spoken earlier. The authority in the voice meant that she was the one incharge of the group and she introduced herself as vice-warden. Aurea Adamova, she had heard her name, though wasn't sure where. When Ms.Adamova began boasting, a few inklings formed in Adelita's mind but she was still grasping at straws. Her beautiful and lithe body and that katana that dangled loosely from her hip gave her an impression that she had heard of the owner somewhere. Perhaps, part of a covert subjugation group incharge of dealing with American operations of Triads and Yakuza or maybe the Irish, she wasn't sure.

'She was someone important, I know she is' Adelita thought. Well, it didn't matter much 'cos in her current role, she was Big Momma. After she had finished her threats and speech she went her merry way and ordered them in the yard.

Once in the yard, Adelita slowly dragged herself to the burly announcer, who was shouting himself hoarse for everyone to sign up for Death Game. Adelita thought it sounded interesting so she slowly deviated from the rest of the new blood and walked up to him with a toothy smile on her face. People may find her crazy but nothing excited her as the sound of bones cracking and this Labyrinth promised that. Her own or someone else, it didn't matter. You can't have pleasure without risk.

She stood there staring at him as he called on more contestants. Before long he turned to gaze at her.

"You wanna join, girl?" he said. Adelita nodded.

"Aren't you among the ones they brought in today? you sure you can handle this?" Adelita nodded again.

"You sure you wanna join without knowing the details."

"You sure ask a lot of questions, brotha'!" she said smiling.

"'Kay, you better not regret leaping before you look, I won't be hauling your ass in there, bitch!" he snarked.

"Aye" she shook her head, "But I ain't your bitch, nigga" she said keeping the same face. Something about her seemed off but the man handed her the number. Now all that was left was to begin the game.

Edited by Cancion de muertos, 04 September 2014 - 06:17 AM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

'Second Life'

Muramasa

As Muramura and the other prisoners were ushered off the prison transport, free from the drivers incessant off-tone whistling, they were brought into the prison which would be there new home from here on. She spent 10+ years surviving the outside world and now she was thrown into another environment to survive from. It hadn't taken long into the life of her new home to be taken by surprise, as a familiar face and a name to go along with it, made herself known. Aurea Adamova, there's not many who hasn't heard of her, especially in the criminal underworld. Though, she learned of Adamova's name later on in her career, sometime after joining the Yakuza.

During that time, she worked with Ahman, albeit briefly when the Yakuza tried to open up lines between Japan and England. It was something of a joint-operation between her employers and the Yakuza, but given Tayuya was new around that time, the details of it weren't privy to her. But it didn't long afterwords for words of her capture and the one who brought her down to get around. To think that anyone was able to bring down Ahman, was just something that commanded respect.....and fear. You instantly realize what you're up against and now, Muramasa has Adamova as her new caretaker. Amazing. She's quite attractive, though the look on her face and the size of her ego kind of ruins it but I can definitely see the madness and strength in her, one which brought down Ahman. Hm.

While being given a new tour of her new home, she heard a voice call out to her. ”Listen rookie. Look, I got a problem. No I can’t talk to the other guards about it. Listen, just meet up with me during the yard break. I’ll make it worth your while.” Worth my while, hm? With a nod, the person was gone. With the speeches out of the way, they were all lead to the yard for 'break'. As she began taking in her surroundings, she could see a few people seemingly 'recruiting' other fresh faces, in particularly the recruitment of a frieghtened seeming girl. 'Us', eh? Ahhh prison cliques, can't have a prison without'em. Not wasting anymore time, Muramasa spotted the figure from earlier and walked over.

"So what's this problem?" she asked with some interest.

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Jod

Jod

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts

The prison transport was a real bummer, it just ain't right to separate a man from his phone. Joe was about as bored as can be during the trip, entertaining himself by falling asleep. Though his snoring didn’t earn him any brownie points from the other prisoners on the transport.

Joe wasn’t sure how long he slept, though what he did know was that the gaurd was pretty rude. There was no reason to wake him up with a rap to the shoulder. Man why you gotta be so rude.Though all thoughts left him as was led out of the transport, the prison was impressive.More like its the biggest damn thing I seen short of tha moon…. Does that mean the cells’ are spacious?

Then of course he met the walking talking panda as he was being ushered into his new abode. Wow he so damn adorable!  As he was led into the interior of the prison, Joe was a little disappointed. He noticed there were no windows.At all. Even the yard, where they were situated had no hint of open sky whatsoever, it was freaking humungous however.Jimbonator is gonna love this place, I know it.

He noticed that people were gathering about them in the yard. Huh, a welcome party I guess? Course he got a little weirded out when they started clapping. What? why is everyone clapping. Meh, might as well go along I guess.

Then on the upper floors she appeared, the one they had all been clapping for. The vice woman was a surprisingly youngish woman, not at all like fat nasty man Joe had imagined was waiting for him. She spoke in a very soothe and motherly tone. But for some reason he was only creeped out by her, she quite obviously not as nice as she pretended to be. Didnt take a genius to see that much.

Then it was free time, however he was busy looking around for a certain something. It wouldn't be hard something to find, but with him being new to the place; he had no idea where it might be found. As he ambled into the yard, he found a skinny man sobbing on a bench. Being the compassionate fellow he was, he couldn't let anyone cry…

Tapping the man on the shoulder, “Why yah so down, eh?”  Joe said.

The man looked up at him, his eyes a little haywire, as he jerked out another sob. ”Where’s Peyton? Where’s my kitty?! Give me my kitty back! Wahhhhh!” he said.

Taken aback by the mans rather crazy? appearance, “Hey man, be cool… Look I’ll help you look for you’re cat? Just one thing, do you know where the bathroom is?”

qEZtZafl.png

I AM HE. HE AM ME. ME IS HE

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

Thomas RhoadsWatt

Watt faced the situation before him with something he was very accustomed to--bitterness, antipathy, and sarcasm. At the advice of some surly looking inmates (though there were very few inmates who did not look surly), he ditched his given name. Thomas wasn't exciting, both as a name and an individual. He decided to go by Watt, a tiny and insignificant measure of electricity, for in this place he was both small and insignificant.

As vice warden Adamova spoke to Watt and the other new arrivals, he clapped when the others did and stopped when the others did. He had little interest in what she was saying--indeed, he did not want any trouble with the guards, but he didn't need anyone to remind him of that. He was not the sort of psychopath that wanted to deal with the sort of thing that these people did to troublemakers. He wasn't even the sort of person that really deserved to be here--if not for the fact that physical contact with others left them charred, he would be nothing more than a bitter college student, studying something he hated, like, I don't know, maybe Business or Economics or something (or, he thought cruelly, perhaps he would be in technical school, aiming for a career as an electrician).

She eventually left the prisoners with a threat. Watt hated her. He also hated that stupid looking panda, and all the other guards. He also hated all of the other prisoners. In fact, the only person he didn't hate at this moment was himself. Ushered into the yard, he saw nothing but the sort of people he used to look down upon before the incident that led him here. They were dirty, cruel, psychotic, and a whole host of other things he did not find at all likeable in a person. And though he was now among their ranks, he still looked down upon them in that same blasé teenager sort of way (as his arrest had not done much to sober up his discontent or ennui).

In the yard, he saw sign ups for the Death Game. Watt had a rudimentary understanding of what those were--although he didn't know what actually transpired within, he understood that to get ahead here, they were something necessary. And because Safety was his life now (and, unfortunately, forever, for he was not optimistic about ever leaving), the Death Games would become perhaps one of the most salient parts of his existence; he refused to remain among the lower echelons of the prison society, refused to sit in the company of the refuse he came here with. And although Watt doubted he could kill... well, when in Rome, as they say.

here's to a long life and dead friends

tumblr_inline_nep6qkNSe41sok0j2.png

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!
Sisay

Prison Guard Blues

Throughout the entire duration of being introduced into her new setting of confinement, the assassin held an air of nonchalant professionalism as those who would be in charge of her imprisonment seemed to continually spout hot air. Not looking at them or in fact anyone at all in the eye, Sisay simply rolled her eyes as they departed and in turn the prisoners were ushered into the yard like dogs. Among all the jeering and yelling at the new bloods like herself, she simply found a seat on the outer edges and idly twiddled her fingers.

There were plainly visible gangs that existed here, set accented colors and groupings of people. Each of which clung closely to their comrades as distantly, she would allow a slightly amused smirk to play across her lips. Most definitely, she would have to find a herd to join, less a pack of hyenas might try to pick her off.

Not as though such a situation would pay off for them.

Drumming her fingertips upon the ledge she sat upon, hair standing up on the crook of her neck told her that she was being watched. Jaunt in her gaze quickly to the right, the Assassin found herself looking at a guard who was looking at her apprehensively. First, her eyes narrowed sharply, but it seemed for now that his nervousness was genuine. He took a few steps closer, before finally taking a seat just a few feet away.

"Listen rookie. Look, I got a problem."

First, she would silently crook an eyebrow in response. A problem? A guard was coming to a prisoner over some trivial matter? Frowning, she leaned forward to rest her chin upon a palm as her other hand spun in a circular motion; indicating for him to continue.

"No I can’t talk to the other guards about it. Listen, just meet up with me during the yard break. I’ll make it worth your while."

Her mind bristled at the thought of it all, and it most certainly reeked of being a trap. Paranoia had saved her more than once while on the hunt for a human life, and she was beginning to believe that this place was no different. It was a dog eat dog world in Safety, and she intended to be one of those who didn't get eaten.

But what of this guard, and his "Troubles"?

Softly, Sisay would nod in response to being one who would listen. Now, it was only a matter of time for his deception to come into play. She would be waiting.

tumblr_o3sndbSAhX1qctrupo2_500.gif

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

XLegs

XLegs

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 28 posts

Phoebe spent the ride sitting in a corner. She hugged her knees and stared at the ground, dead to the world. She had cried plenty in the past days, and now she no longer could. She felt empty.

She was a murderer. There was no denying that. She had killed more than a few innocent people during her spree. She just didn't understand why she went so far.

It didn't really matter now. She was surrounded by people that terrified her and on her way to the most dangerous prison on Earth, and that wouldn't be changing.

She vaguely registered the conversation between the driver and the large prisoner. His death elicited no reaction from her. Partially because his image had dropped dead soundlessly before he did, and partially because it was sort of what she expected. It confirmed what she had already gathered herself: one wrong move in this place called 'Safety,' and she'd end up dead.

And ending up dead was not something she was planning on doing. As much as she hated herself for what she had done, as much as she felt she deserved it, she knew she'd never let herself die. She would do absolutely anything she could to survive. And once again, she didn't understand why.

The transport stopped, slightly shaking Phoebe out of her near-catatonic state. The riders poured out, and were lead away in rows. Phoebe did her best to avoid any sort of contact with the others.

A guard addressed them. He was a tiny panda.

The strangeness of that brought Phoebe further into the land of the living. She stared at the little guy out of the corner of her eye. He wasn't really polite, which was to be expected, but he was kind of cute.

The next significant person to show up was an annoyingly over-dramatic woman named Adamova. Every prisoner clapped at her arrival, so Phoebe followed suit. The woman didn't seem right in the head, so Phoebe didn't doubt she'd kill someone for not clapping.

She cringed internally at that thought. Killing people for no good reason -- exactly as she had done. Though Phoebe could take solace in the fact that she wasn't nearly as grating as Adamova.

After the woman's stupid rant was done with, the prisoners began to scatter. Phoebe looked around slowly, trying to find something to do, and realized that some of the other, older prisoners were staring at her with menacing grins.

She cowered slightly and began to walk away, to get anywhere else. She went to bite her lip - a nervous habit she had developed - but stopped herself. Her mother had always said she looked cute when she did that, which was fine, but looking cute here might not be the best thing.

Posted up on a wall, she saw a sign-up sheet for some 'Death Game.' Morbidly curious, she stopped and read the information about it. She briefly -- very briefly -- considered entering. It seemed interesting, and she had complete confidence that she couldn't be killed thanks to her future-sight. But she had no need to sign-up. She had enough credits to live for now, so risking her life wasn't worth it. If she ever needed to join one, she'd hopefully be more knowledgeable about Safety and it's residents. Joining now would be reckless.

She continued her walk for another few moments, but stopped upon hearing a voice. 

”Hey girl, prison can be a scary place y’know. Us gals gotta stick together. If you join us we can make sure no “accidents” happen to you, ya feel me?”

She looked towards the source of the voice, and realized it wasn't addressing her, but another young woman that had been on the transport with her. While she didn't particularly think she would need help protecting herself if she needed to, one could never be too safe. And maybe she could make a friend or two. Being friends with people that are as screwed up as her - that'd be nice, if a little volatile. She slowly made her way closer to the two, planning on eavesdropping to get more information before she said anything.

Edited by XLegs, 06 September 2014 - 04:16 AM.

k2hboo.jpg

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra

high_tech_jail_by_kerko-d31bg0f_zps10df4

Chapter 3 – Danse Macabre

It goes by many names.

The great leveler. The final destination. Abaddon. The grim reaper. Passing over. Death. Long have we been fascinated by it, enthralled by its secrets. Long have we questioned what lies beyond the veil, if anything at all.

Midway through the fourteenth century, carried by black rat fleas living on merchant ships, the bubonic plague arrived in Italian port cities. From Venice and Genoa it spread northwest across Europe, striking France, Spain, Potugal, and England before spreading further east through Germany and Scandanavia. Over the next century it would take the lives of over one hundred million people, reducing Europe’s population by over half. During its reign it was commonly referred to as the “Great Plague” though historians of the 19th century would later coin the term “Black Death” in reference to the sense of gloom and terror that consumed Europe during the disease’s peak.

It was no surprise that the appearance of the plague would inspire a deep fascination with death and mortality during the Middle Ages. Pious men took to the streets and participated in self-flagellation in attempt to repent for their sins, believing the Black Death to be divine retribution from the Almighty. Others lost themselves to belligerence, knowing that death could come for them at anytime, and committed themselves to drinking and joining public orgies. An artistic movement that grew popular in Paris at the time would be known as ‘Danse Macabre’ – the dance of the dead. Members of this movement would most often portray the dead, or a personified Death summoning representatives from all walks of life to dance along the grave, typically with a pope, emperor, king, child, and peasant. This was meant to remind people of the fragility of their lives; that all are equally powerless before death.

Yet the greatest feeling that arose from time was not, in fact, despair. Though devastated, the people survived. Persevered. Moved on. And then they began to question.

Was death so powerful after all?

Vita brevis breviter in brevi finietur,

Mors venit velociter quae neminem veretur,

Omnia mors perimit et nulli miseretur.

Ad mortem festinamus peccare desistamus.

Memento Mori

---

JP trudged alongside his new friends. At least, he liked to think of them as friends. The word sounded a lot better in his mind than ‘people who are less likely to kill you over a loaf of bread.’ Though it had already looked enormous from the confines of Cell Block A, JP realized that the prison yard was even larger than he originally thought.

It was closer to what JP imagined a university campus or large stadium to look like rather than a prison yard. At least much larger than the latter actually because there was a dome shaped stadium sitting very comfortably and occupying an inordinate amount of space at the very center of the yard. Scattered around along the stadium’s circular perimeter were prisoners gathered in cliques of varying color and sizes. While most the inmates were dressed in the same drab prison attire as JP and the other newcomers, he noticed more than a few wearing normal clothes. Some were enjoying a cigarette or a candy bar.

“What kind of prison is this?” JP muttered.

“I’m sure you’ve heard of the Death Games?” Bigby grinned.

Sure he had. Everyone had. Even if he didn’t watch them himself it was sort of hard not to hear news of the gladiatorial spectator sport broadcasted worldwide. “Yeah…”

“Well those points they earn on TV. Those aren’t just for show. They’re sort of like currency here in Safety. You need them to buy food and to ensure they don’t activate your collar at night,” Bigby gave a sort of crazy eyed grin and mimicked slashing his throat with his finger. JP barely managed to suppress his shudder. “But you can use them for more than just survival. You can buy clothes, cigarettes, snacks, books, that sort of thing. They allow even better stuff in the other cell blocks. Safety’s like a giant food chain and right now you’re at the bottom, kid.”

JP frowned at that. “So I need to get these points just so they don’t kill me? Shouldn't I…sign up or something?”

Ratter lit up a cigarette of his own and skillfully blew out a ring of smoke. “Nah oi’ wouldn’t suggest it. Newbies get the first week free. Better you just watch an’ learn fer now. Cor, it don’t look like it stopped some of your fellows from trying.” JP’s eyes followed where Ratter was pointing and saw his dirty comrade was telling the truth. He recognized a few of the participants on the giant screen above, preparing to enter the Colosseum.

“Just watch. You'll learn not to take these games lightly,” Bigby put his giant hands on JP’s shoulder.

Suddenly the image of the participants disappeared and was replaced with a gaudy looking man sporting a pompadour haircut died blue. All the lights in the yard dimmed except for the few that shined even brighter at the podium above the stadium. From afar JP could see the tint of camera lenses closely following the scene.

“Heeeeeeello ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to today’s Death Game, the Death Labyrinth! Today our dastardly contestants will try to survive and navigate through a trap filled maze and make it to the center on time! I’m your wonderful host Zapp McLovin, and I hope you wonderful viewers are having a mega sexy evening!” Zapp blew a kiss at the screen and JP wondered whether he had ever felt so disgusted in his entire life.

“But wait, there’s more! In addition to braving the perils we set out for them, the contestants will also be struggling against each other! That’s right, for every additional inmate they incapacitate they will earn one hundred extra points! Of course…those points don’t matter if they don’t reach the end on time, hee hee.” No, JP decided. He hadn’t ever felt this disgusted.

He turned instead to the scoreboard featured on the right side of the screen. From top to bottom it read.

1. Nick Cage
  2. Dude
  3. Weaver
  4. Mr. Oizo
  5. Rad Brad
  6. Cassie
  7. The Master
  8. Queen
  9. Red
  10. Metallica

“What are those for?” JP asked.

“Ah. Those are the rankings showing the top ten prisoners who hold the most points from the games. I don’t know why they still show it really…other than the 10th spot, the rankings have been the same for a long time. Most of the people on that list don’t even participate in the games anymore,” Bigby responded, rubbing his chin.

“But they’re still prisoners here?”

Bigby’s face grew solemn. “Yeah they’re still here alright. If you’re lucky you’ll never meet any of them…”

But before JP could inquire further, Zapp McLovin began announcing the events of the game. JP made a mental note to ask Bigby about them later.

“And to our beloved viewers, if you thought that wasn’t enough, we have an even more special treat tonight. You see today our maximum security prison received a new shipment of fresh inmates, and some of them decided to participate today! Isn’t that just precious! Let’s take a look!” Zapp’s face was replaced with the picture of the maze inside. Ten foot tall steel walls shaped and twisted into an unreadable constantly shifting pattern. Every ten minutes the maze changed shape making it impossible for the inmates to backtrack and try to map out the field in their head.

“Let’s take a look at one of them now. This cute pie’s name is…Watt. At least that’s what he put on the registration form! I doubt his parents actually named him that, cause’ Watt is a terrible name. Like really.”

The screen panned over to Watt who had been in the labyrinth for about fifteen minutes though seemed unsure which path to take next. From the left path he heard an ear splitting scream of pain. From his right an odd collection of unsettling scraping noises.

“Oh how exciting! Let’s see which path our new inmate will take! In the meantime let’s take a look at another one of our newbies. On her application she wrote ‘Anaconda’ so I wonder how much of this she can swallow, hee hee.”

The screen then shifted over to Adelita who was also faced with two paths. From the left there was an unsteady flickering light, and to her right was the warning snarl of some animal. Maybe some sort of dog.

"Well we'll be sure to follow her as well. And here, another one. He calls himself...Deus, " Zapp paused for a moment as he received information from his earpiece. "Oh what's that? I have to say the whole thing? Well, if you insist. Alright ladies and gentleman, it seems I have to amend my previous statement. This curious young fellow's name is Deus the Wizard!"

The screen changed yet again to Deus the Wizard, who too had two paths before him. On the left he could hear a steady stream of pleasant humming and to his right a sort of jumble of pixelated electronic sounds.

---

The prison guard Sven bit his lip nervously as he waited for the two new inmates to meet up with him. It truly was a desperate measure to rely on newcomers, but he couldn't turn to either his fellow guards or even the other inmates for help on the matter. The problem plaguing him was something strictly taboo within Safety.

"Ah, you two actually showed up! I was worried for a moment there - ah but that doesn't matter now. Come, sit! Sit!" Sven ushered Muramasa and Sisay to sit down.

"Well you see, I've got a little problem. A big one really. I-I think...I THINK I'M IN LOVE!" he proclaimed loudly, standing up holding a fist to his chest before realizing where he was again and sitting back down embarrassed. "But the problem is the girl, Tess. She's an inmate. Relationships between guards and prisoners is strictly forbidden you see. B-but I just can't hold it in anymore! Love will overcome all obstacles!"

Sven shuffled nervously along his pockets and then pulled out a photo of a young, relatively unremarkable looking woman. 

"Here's her picture. She should be hanging out on the other side of the yard right now, watching the Game. Just try to find out more about her for me alright? What type of food she likes, her favorite color, that sort of thing! Alright, go go! I don't think I can wait any longer!" Sven shoed the two girls away to be left with his own fantasies. 

---

Most people in Safety, both the prisoners and the guards, chose to avoid the constant ramblings of "Motherfucking" Duffy. Though generally harmless, the wiry youth's mind had been addled by what they could only assume was some sort of substance abuse. No one knew where he got the stuff though, probably made it himself in his cell's toilet. After pissing in it.

Fortunately for Duffy, this newcomer lacked the common sense of the others.

“Hey man, be cool… Look I’ll help you look for you’re cat? Just one thing, do you know where the bathroom is?” Joe responded, trying to calm Duffy down. 

Duffy seized the opportunity by seizing Joe. With unholy speed, fueled by the chemicals in his body he grabbed a hold of Joe's shirt and exclaimed. "You'll do it? You'll find Peyton?! You swear?! Don't lie to me now guy. I will FUCK YOU UP MAN!" Duffy was foaming at the mouth by then, crazy eyed and jittery. After a moment though he seemed to regain his composure...at least somewhat. "Ehehe, sorry bro. You seem like a trustworthy guy. I would hate to FUCK YOU UP!" he twitched.

And with that Joe left to accomplish his task. Surprisingly it only took him a few minutes to find Peyton. It was Joe's good fortunate that Peyton just so happened to be hiding in the bathroom he went to use. The surprising thing turned out to be that Peyton was not a cat at all, but a person dressed in a ragged and torn cat costume.

"No! D-don't take me back to him. P-please! I'll do anything you ask!" sobbed the hysterical man in the cat suit.

---

"Listen hun," the woman began, "Actually the cutie hiding behind the corner, this offer applies to you too!"

She called Phoebe over as well, who migrated from her hiding spot at the corner of the room to right in front of the woman next to Zoe. She could've taken the opportunity to run, but the woman had a sort of magnetism to her that drew people in. It felt sort of like she was a kid again being called inside by her mom to eat dinner.

"The name's Coco. I'm -" Coco began again, only to be interrupted this time by Triple A who bursted into the room like a balloon losing air.

"Hi! I'm Triple A! I like cartoons and candy!"

"Er...the more the merrier I guess. My name's Coco and - WILL YOU STAND STILL!" Coco exploded and Triple A stopped cartwheeling and sat down pouting.

"Ah, where was I? Oh yeah. You all seem like sweet gals, but this place eats cutie pies like you for breakfast. I'm a member of the Hive, a group of girls like you who work together to keep each other safe and I'm making a one time offer for you newbies to join us. It's simple really all you have to do is swear loyalty to our leader, Queen and we'll protect you from all the other nasties! Waddya say?"

OOC

Spoiler

NPC's

Spoiler

Edited by Mors, 07 September 2014 - 06:51 AM.

Wandering Rogue

Wandering Rogue

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 88 posts

Deus the Wizard

There in a crowd full of newly arrived prisoners was a solitary smiling face among a sea of angry stares and frightened looks.  It was Deus alone who seemed to be enjoying himself.  His eyes were filled with a curious wonder as he took in Safety.  This was it.  This was the place he'd been seeking for years.  This was where all the breadcrumbs led.  it was for this prison and its inmates he had allowed himself to be captured.  Maybe that is the wrong word.  It wasn't like he surrendered himself.  That would of been to mundane and unoriginal.   Ohh no, Deus the Wizard had prepared a merry chase across the globe that had ended with a fantastic climatic showdown.  It was all rather exciting and the movie rights to the story had already been bought before he'd even been sentenced.  It was amusing to watch them scramble with their attempts to pin down his motive and methods but they were all bumbling attempts. All hands you understand.  They kept looking for the trick in it all and missed what was plainly obvious.  Not that it mattered.  They wouldn't of understood it even if he had told it to them plain.

Deus had made it though.  He was there among all the interesting people they locked away for being special.  Rightly so for a lot of them of course but don't let that take away from the point.  They were unique and that had a draw to it that Deus could not resist.  There was also something more to it but he isn't one to reveal his tricks.  Goes against the code you understand.  They would learn eventually and when they did he would take a bow and exit stage right but until then it was best to just let them go on enjoying the show.  There was one downside to this.  They had take his hat.  He had been rather attached to it but it was a sacrifice he felt particularly upset about at times.  Deus wold have to replace it soon.  What was a wizard without a hat after all?  Sure he didn't have the outfit either but it's not the clothes that are important.  It's the hat.  Never forget that.

Deus needed points to buy things though.  He also wanted to find the most interesting people in the prison.  Which meant he had to join in on the Death Games sooner rather than later.  Sooner being now.  

tumblr_ner0yxdSDb1qeclafo3_1280_zpsd17zv

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

Watt -- Death Labyrinth

Watt entered the Death Labyrinth. It was foreboding and, as it were, aptly named; Watt felt a bit of regret in having stepped in so casually. Perhaps he shouldn't have been so gung ho about this--he didn't even like the Romans. Sure, maybe there were some okay guys among them, but from what he remembered, Romans were dicks. Of course they would kill people, but that didn't mean Watt should kill people too.

The walls of the labyrinth shifted, and it was too late for him to turn back. The air around him crackled with electricity and Watt found himself panicking. He took a deep breath, and then about thirty more. They were actually fairly shallow breaths, and did very little to calm him down. He began to move, taking excruciatingly slow steps, and began to calm himself--maybe he'd get through this without meeting up with anyone. Maybe he wouldn't have to kill anyone. It hadn't crossed his mind that he might be killed.

As Watt calmed down, he gained cognizance of something he wished he never had--an announcer. The words blaring from the stadium's speakers made the air feel slimy. Watt felt gross. And, as the announcer continued to spew sewage into the air, Watt felt angry. Watt was a stupid name? Okay, maybe it wasn't that great, and maybe he already kind of regretted it a little bit since grown men shouldn't be using nicknames like that, let alone giving nicknames like that to themselves, but how could someone named Zapp McLovin criticize anyone? His nostrils flared, his body surged, bolts of electricity singed the walls, and his pace picked up--Watt wouldn't let himself be embarrassed by someone like that.

The walls continued to shift around him, though, and he never gained any awareness of where he might be headed. He could only hope he was making his way towards the exit. He came to turn after turn until finally, he found trace of someone else in the labyrinth. To his left, he heard a scream. To his right, there was a loud scraping noise. Both directions sounded unpleasant, but he would carry on. He turned right, away from the horrible screaming, and hoped this way would be easier to get through.

Asor al ed Ergnas

Asor al ed Ergnas

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Location001 Cemetary Lane

Triple A's Wacky Prison Adventure!

"Yah honah. These here accusations against my client, Madame Afropenny, are unfounded! Unfounded Ah' say!" said Triple A, wearing a monocle, fake mustache, top hat, and a shirt that said "Free Walt Disney" and him encased in carbonite. slamming a fist down upon a table with gusto. "Ma'am, please return to your seat."  said the Judge with a tired voice. "I will tell you for the final time, PLEASE  take your seat." the Judge said with tears in his eyes nearly. "Now now, ah'do understand that yah honah. But give my client one more chance to exfoliate herself." Said Triple A, serious as all hell, hands behind her back, immersed within her persona; and pacing. The jury laughed and the Judge held his head within his hands. "Don't you mean you'd like to 'explain' yourself?" he said waving his hand in mild confusion. "Mahself? OBJECTION!" cue dramatic point from Triple A. "Ah'm not on trial here yah honah. My clinet," Triple A gestured to a cardboard cutout of herself "is the one being tried in this here court! Sure she's had herself a few run ins with the so called 'law' in these here parts, but she's a good'un! " some of the Jury nodded with her sentiments, to herself. A fact they had forgotten quite readily thanks to Triple A's utter insanity.

"Ah'lls 'm askin', is you fine people give this poor gal another chance to redeem herself. Tha only crime that has been committed here, was having some fun. Ah' do rest my case." she said, bowing as the judge just cried tears of relief. As Triple A sat down next to her own cardboard cutout, she nudged it with a smirk and said, "We got this in tha bag, chief! Those buttheads will never lock ya up!" she said, in a very loud whisper. Nudging the cardboard cutout again with earnest, it fell over; and Triple A bust out in absurdly obnoxious laughter. Three minutes later, the jury came out. "Guilty." The Judged slammed the Gavel down and said "Finally, time to send you on a long vacation!" he said with renewed relish. Triple A jumped up and ripped off her disguise, and her shirt in the process. whoopin-and a-hollerin'. "Wait! I was the defendant the whole time! Take me on vacation! Take me. Take me. Take me! WOO!" and jumped around ecstatically, bare breasts jiggling as well. Drawing much the attention of the jury, judge, and the other members of the courtroom. "Vay-Cay-Shooooooonnnnnn!" she gleefully yelled, skipping along with the guards who were taking her away. As the courtroom emptied out the judge just sat there. Hating his life for this trial. As he tried to shake it off, he heard a strange voice. It was from the cutout. "She's a terrible lawyer, isn't she?it said. As the Judge just nodded his head in agreement.

---------------------------

Triple A gazed across the yard with wonderment. "What a terrible resort!" she said, blatantly ignoring everything anyone else was saying. Some serious looking lady was throwing out advice and rules. "I just wanna know where I can lie on the beach!"  she grumbled to herself. She looked around though a little more closer. There were a lot of strange and interesting people around the huge yard. It looked pretty bleak though, to be honest. "If they hadn't taken my crayola away, I'd make this hotel look so much more happier!" After they were free to do whatever, and removed their restraints, Triple A skipped her way over to a nice lady who seemed to be helping out her fellow lady resortees. "Hi! I'm Triple A! I like cartoons and candy!" she said cartwheeling around the nice looking lady, "Er...the more the merrier I guess. My name's Coco and - WILL YOU STAND STILL!" the so called, "Nice Lady Who's Name is Now Coco" roared out at Triple A. Dejected, Triple A hunkered down on the balls of her feet and hugged her knees. 

The lady named Coco kept talking nonsense. "Ah, where was I? Oh yeah. You all seem like sweet gals, but this place eats cutie pies like you for breakfast. I'm a member of the Hive, a group of girls like you who work together to keep each other safe and I'm making a one time offer for you newbies to join us. It's simple really all you have to do is swear loyalty to our leader, Queen and we'll protect you from all the other nasties! Waddya say?" she finished, apparently making some type of offer....

........."Soooooooo whatcha sayin' is that you are offering me the primer resort package? This seems to include cutie pies as snacks, complementary breakfast, and other nice ladies who will massage my back for me? While making sure my stay is comfortable as possible and not letting anyone be meaniefaces? You guys seem like THA BEST maids I could ever want! I don't know about swearing loyalty to any Queens though. I tried it once, and this old wrinkly lady just asked me 'What are you doing in my room?' and I was like 'Oh just trying to be knighted' and she was like 'Well get out.' and I was like 'Can I plz has knighthood' and she was like 'No.' and I was like 'Balderdash' because that's something they say ALL THE TIME in England. THEN EVEN THOUGH EVERYONE praised her and said she was Great Queen, she kinda just sat there and waved when I saw her on the TV during a Loony Tunes commercial break. Wouldn't even knight me! Bollocks is what I said! SO I TOOK HER DOGS! Served her right.OH! who's going to feed Sir Flapjacks and Lady Butterbottom while I'm here!?! You guys have a Phone? Does this come with the Primer Package? Just tell me where to sign! Those dogs are ROYALTY and need to be fed STAT!" said Triple A, in about 30 seconds very rapidly in a single breath. She then proceeded to roll around Coco and the other girls chanting "Feeeeed the doooooggs, bucket, or bagg, bucket, bag, bucket, of chooowwww!"

Edited by Asor al ed Ergnas, 12 September 2014 - 10:40 PM.

8TXGLPU.gif

Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

11042011smithwallpaperradhacloseup.jpg

Devil's Labyrinth - Choices! Choices!

Chavez, A.R

As the guy snorted and guided her to the large dome shaped arena that lined the middle of the yard, Adelita started taking a look around. On second glance, she wondered why 'Safety' had such a dismal image. This place was like a picnic park, well a picnic park for psychopaths like her. It was one place on earth where she felt welcomed. It had a wicked and gory sense of humor, it was unforgiving to the weak and it was all one big jungle where only the fittest could survive. It was certainly a truly dog eat dog world in this tiny microcosm. Then, there was Zapp!, I mean, how much more can a guy get handsome. He was like a matador wooing the maddening crowd with his wonderful oratory skills.

She also noticed the scoreboard that announced the top predators in this jungle. The masters that rule this kingdom as they see fit. Of course, there was the apex predator in Adamova but out in the yard she understood that these guys held as much power if not more. As Zapp announced the basics of the game, Adelita had a rough idea of what she was trying to achieve. Her target was #8. She would slowly progress from there if she can survive that long. Readying herself she entered the arena. Much like the Greek stories she had read in school, this maze seemed to be something straight out of a fantasy book. A constantly shifting pathway where the contestant was forced to surrender to his most basic instinct.

Survival!

There is nothing more primal that this. Not even love. Self-preservation is the highest on an animal's list and this is exactly what the game intends to bring forth. The animal in you. Well if the viewers, those dumbasses who have got literally too much money to use wisely want the animal. Why delay their entertainment. If she wasn't getting out of here, better laugh her way to her grave than otherwise. Trusting her instincts, Adelita began storming through the evolving pathway till she came across a dead-end. With Zapp's sweet voice blaring over the speaker for her introduction, she looked up and gave a bashful grin before waiting for the turning walls to reveal two paths. Her left had a barely visible light, flickering in the distance while her right had a snarling animal at its end.

Face the unknown or the unwanted? - It was a tough choice for her, after spending the whole of one second mulling over. She decided that the unknown sounded more fun and thus she turned and sprinted towards the wavering light.

Edited by Cancion de muertos, 07 September 2014 - 02:42 PM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationRiding the back of the Great A'tuin.
Mrs Black

When all was said and done, Safety hadn't been all that bad so far. They got delivered to the prison. They stood and listened to some woman making the usual "Welcome to prison! Be good, or else!" speech that you would usually see on tv and movies. Mrs Black rather enjoyed that bit. He'd put himself in a few prisons before whilst working, and he always appreciated the personal touch. Though, hopefully they wouldn't get too personal. It was always a hassle when the guards decided they had a big interest in your buisness.

Before long the newcomers were being released into the yard, along side the rest of the population. After looking around a little, Mrs Black discovered the sign-ups for todays death games. The game would be called Death Labyrinth. The goal? To get through a trapped maze. Mrs Black was pretty confident in his ability to get through traps and the like. He'd broken into well protected places before. How hard could this really be? And the prize of 800 credits for winning, or 200 just for managing to not die, would be very nice. Not to mention that he could bag himself a bunch more credits by taking a few people out. This would be the perfect game for him to test out how hard the future ones could be.

A few minutes later he was in the Labyrinth. High steel walls, far away screams, strange noises, odd lighting and the walls were moving. The atmostphere it created as you walked through it was certainly impressive, though whether or not it was as deadly as they claimed he hadn't yet been able to tell. So far Mrs Black hadn't encountered any traps. Or people. The way it was heading it seemed he was destined to get an uneventful 200 credits. Either he'd been very lucky, or the people controlling the walls were lining him up for something real bad. With a mounting sense of excitment he pressed onwards.

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Muramasa

'Prison Guard Blues'

As she waited for the guard, who was just standing there biting his lip nervously, to spit it out, she heard the sounds of someone approaching, a woman. Hm, so I wasn't the only one he asked, eh? And another woman at that...Calling on two women.... I wonder what he's up too... Can never tell with these 'guards'. No matter, maybe this will be interesting...Well, she's attractive so I'll give him that. "Ah, you two actually showed up! I was worried for a moment there - ah but that doesn't matter now. Come, sit! Sit!" he finally spoke up as he ushered them to sit down.

After a few moments of awkward silence, "Well you see, I've got a little problem. A big one really. I-I think...I THINK I'M IN LOVE!" he proclaimed loudly, standing up holding a fist to his chest. With her mouth gaping, Muramasa sat there for a moment, looking on with disbelief as her eyebrows twitched, her cheeks filled up with air as she began resisting the urge to burst out laughing. Seriously?! This is why I was called here? As the guard began realizing where he was, he quickly sat back down embarrassed, by then Muramasa's face has already returned back to normal.

"But the problem is the girl, Tess. She's an inmate. Relationships between guards and prisoners is strictly forbidden you see. B-but I just can't hold it in anymore! Love will overcome all obstacles!"

Love in a place like this....This just keeps getting better and better, now doesn't it? With the simple fact that this man was a guard, a suspicious one at that, she decided not to say a single word. She'd probably make things much worse if she was honest about all this. While not afraid, it was irritating to deal with and she doesn't really want to spend anymore time then necessary with fools like this. As he shuffled nervously along his pockets for a bit, he finally pulled out a photo. One of a young woman, one that doesn't really 'leap' out at you. An ordinary one where you can easily loose in a crowd. She's not bad I suppose, but I did expect a bit better.

"Here's her picture. She should be hanging out on the other side of the yard right now, watching the Game. Just try to find out more about her for me alright? What type of food she likes, her favorite color, that sort of thing! Alright, go go! I don't think I can wait any longer!" Shooing Muramasa and the other woman away as he began delving deeper into his little fantasies.

Wondering if this would actually be worth her while, she shrugged as she began rubbing her head. "It's not like I've got anything better to do." With a bored expression on her face, she moved forward and began searching through the crowd for this 'Tessa'. After finding her, she was, as the guard said, eying the death game, she turned towards the other woman. Pointing her thumb in Tessa's direction, "Well, Shall we?"

Edited by I-Am-X, 08 September 2014 - 06:34 PM.

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra

Mini Update - Death Game

Hoping adamantly to avoid the source of the earsplitting screens, Watt reasonably took the path leading right. Taking the road less traveled was nice and all, but only so long as you don't end up dead. Just before he turned the corner, Watt managed to narrowly avoid the cleaver, which ended up lodged into the steel wall near him instead of his most definitely not cleaver-proof skull. 

"Eyahahahaha! Ohh so close! But I won't miss this time boy," squeezed the fat masked man gleefully, rearing his right arm back to toss another cleaver.

"Oh it looks like our friend Watt (pffft. Watt) has encountered Barry the Butcher! Let's see how the newbie fares!" Zapp's voice echoed through the maze's speaker system. 

---

Deciding she would rather not deal with whatever beast was lurking behind the right path, Adelita hastened down the left. She continued until she ended up face to face with some kinda of robot. It stood over ten feet tall on bipedal mechanical legs and seemed armed to the teeth with all manner of different weapons and equipment.

"Ladies and gentlemen it looks like we're in for a treat. Anaconda will be the first to run into an XJ7 mecha fighter! We just received our first shipment of these weaponized automatons, and let me tell ya, they are beaaaaautiful. Remember, if you want to support the Games, you could always pick up a miniature XJ7 action figure for kid, available now at your local toy stores! Remember we at the Death Games are not responsible for any accidental burning, maiming, scarring, choking, or other injury or trauma your child may or may not receive because of his new XJ7."

---

Deus the Wizard did not much care for the random assortment of arcade-like beeping noises coming from the right path. What if the person lying around that corner enjoyed dub step music? Unacceptable! The humming from the left path was much more forthcoming. But as he reached the end of the left path, he ended face to face with a bored looking teenager sitting at the center of the small circular room.

"What's up, Buttface? Man your hair sucks. I bet you wish you had a hat." the boy chided. Inexplicably, Deus felt a pain in his stomach, as though an invisible force sucker punched him.

--

Mrs. Black hurried down the metal corridor. He'd survived through hell and back and would be damned before dying in a place like this. Finally the path split towards two directions. To his left he could hear the steady barrage of gunfire. To his right was the overpowering smell of burnt flesh. 

NPC's

Spoiler

Edited by Mors, 12 September 2014 - 08:17 PM.

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

Watt

Watt stared at the cleaver that flew by his head. It had almost killed him. For most people, almost being killed is something that incites fear. Normally, Watt would, except for the whole lightning deal, consider himself normal. He assumed that if he was about to be killed, he would feel fear unlike anything he had felt before. Instead, what built up in his stomach was anger. Anger and lightning.

"Eyahahahaha! Ohh so close! But I won't miss this time boy," his opponent, Barry, shrieked. Watt found Barry to be, much like everyone else he had met today, a reprehensible asshat. Though a stranger to fighting, Watt was no stranger to pettiness and spite--electrocuting people he found to be reprehensible asshats was a pastime of his. Though usually he didn't intend to turn them into a pile of ash.

Before Barry threw his next cleaver, Watt discharged a bolt of electricity from his hand. And then another. And then another.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

11042011smithwallpaperradhacloseup.jpg

Here comes the Pain!

Chavez, A.R

As she progressed further into her chosen path, her way back got closed down as randomly as it had spawned. Walking a few minutes further, she wasn't disappointed with what appeared as her challenge. A ten feet tall, bipedal mecha, Zapp's amorous voice identified it as XJ7. It looked like a finished product, complete with new champagne paint. Armed to teeth with various dangerous contraptions, it stood at a distance comfortable in its presence. A huge grin played on her face as she got stretching, it was imperative that she was as nimble as possible, if she hoped to be a glorious smudge of red on these walls, for dying a hopeless death wasn't her style.

Crouching down, she leaned into a lunge before stretching her spine and butt. Satisfied with her warm up, she started towards the mecha, ' let's see how this one plays out. '

There was something about, death making you stronger or something. Some famous quote that was slipping out of her mind at the moment. Well, she identified with the emotion that was in it. If she survived this, her body would be a bit too much for others to handle. She snickered at the thought as she kept her gaze on the mecha, waiting for it's move. She needed to see for herself, how fast his thing was.

Edited by Cancion de muertos, 09 September 2014 - 06:15 AM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Flicker

Flicker

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts

Zoe/Zee-

Joined in company suddenly with two new people, one particularly and excruciatingly annoying, Zoe tried to keep her eyes on Coco with all the effort she could.

(What the hell is up with that person over there ..? Stop looking at her.)

"Ah, where was I? Oh yeah. You all seem like sweet gals, but this place eats cutie pies like you for breakfast. I'm a member of the Hive, a group of girls like you who work together to keep each other safe and I'm making a one time offer for you newbies to join us. It's simple really all you have to do is swear loyalty to our leader, Queen and we'll protect you from all the other nasties! Waddya say?"

Not really having much of a choice or a chance in this new world, she decided she'd see how this new 'friendship' would go. She doubted she'd find many easy friends in Safety, and not being one for mixing with strangers ...

"Uhm, sure, I guess." was the best reply she could think up. Only very slightly worried that she might have had to actually say "I swear loyalty to the Hive". "Uhm, do I come with you now, or ..?" Off in the distance, she heard the roar of a crowd, and a noisy announcer. Must be the Death Games.

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationRiding the back of the Great A'tuin.
Ms Black

At last the Labyrinth had decided to offer up some form of danger and entertainment. Mrs Black came to his first fork in the road. To the left, gunfire. And gunfire, obviously, meant guns. If he could get his hands on one he'd be at a nice advantage. But perhaps they'd be in a place he couldn't reach, or in some sort of mechanical contraption. To the right however, was the unmistakable scent of burning flesh. So there would be fire or heat in some way. Maybe flamethrowers, or some sort of pit. And the person stinking up the area might still be on the edge of life, that'd be an easy bunch of credits for finishing them off. He stood at the fork for a moment as he decided.

The choice was a tough one, and it could mean the difference between life and death, but he decided fairly quickly. He ran to the right.