Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Which anime should I watch?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Socrates

Socrates

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 273 posts

Since the anime this summer have not been all too great, I was wondering between Gankutsuou, Witch Hunter Robin, Psycho-Pass, Darker than Black, and Revolutionary Girl Utena, which one people would suggest. Other suggestions would be nice as well

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

Anything from this list. http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Will_of_NGE

If you have questions, ask and ye shall recieve.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

Socrates

Socrates

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 273 posts

My eyes hurt after seeing that SAO had a 9....

Other than that how was Ergo Proxy and Darker than Black?

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

My eyes hurt after seeing that SAO had a 9....

Other than that how was Ergo Proxy and Darker than Black?

Sword Art Online has 9 because I loved the concept and the ending of episode 14. I refuse the existence of everything after episode 14. Alfheim was a piece of shit.

I just love tragedy, and Sword Art Online killed a lot of people, and the ending to episode 14 was perfect.

In rides stupid Alfheim and shits all over the place.

Ergo Proxy starts good and has a very good atmosphere, but it starts to fail near the end because of two episodes which I ADVISE you to skip. Jeopardy and Smileland, Smileland can be skipped without consequences but Jeopardy has tons of plot masked in total bullshit. That takes away points. IF you skip those two, Ergo Proxy is a good watch. Animation is good, but sometimes it's just breathtaking.

Spoiler

Darker Than Black is divided into three parts. Season 1, OVA and Gemini of the Meteor.

Season 1 has its ups and downs (way more ups) but overall it's a nice watch, action, supernatural, tragedy, mystery... a few feels... But it doesn't play around when it's up to something. It will deliver. Badass character...

OVA is great and definetly worth a watch.

Gemini is not bad, but it's the weakest of three.

Spoiler

Edited by Will of NGE, 31 August 2014 - 03:14 AM.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

Socrates

Socrates

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 273 posts

Sword Art Online has 9 because I loved the concept and the ending of episode 14. I refuse the existence of everything after episode 14. Alfheim was a piece of shit.

I just love tragedy, and Sword Art Online killed a lot of people, and the ending to episode 14 was perfect.

In rides stupid Alfheim and shits all over the place.

Ergo Proxy starts good and has a very good atmosphere, but it starts to fail near the end because of two episodes which I ADVISE you to skip. Jeopardy and Smileland, Smileland can be skipped without consequences but Jeopardy has tons of plot masked in total bullshit. That takes away points. IF you skip those two, Ergo Proxy is a good watch. Animation is good, but sometimes it's just breathtaking.

Spoiler

Darker Than Black is divided into three parts. Season 1, OVA and Gemini of the Meteor.

Season 1 has its ups and downs (way more ups) but overall it's a nice watch, action, supernatural, tragedy, mystery... a few feels... But it doesn't play around when it's up to something. It will deliver. Badass character...

OVA is great and definetly worth a watch.

Gemini is not bad, but it's the weakest of three.

Spoiler

Ehh, I am not a fan of skipping episodes, because I like looking at the complete work (even the bad parts). I'm surprised that you don't have more Urobuchi on your list if you are a fan of tragedies, especially as he is a nihilistic bastard. Interesting you gave R2 a 10, as most people think it is a major drop off from the original

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

Interesting you gave R2 a 10, as most people think it is a major drop off from the original

Hmmm... I'd swear I answered this, and now the topic also shows as unread... that's weird...

Anyway, what I wrote was that R1 is better than R2 yes, but people are bastards and they like to call it a "major drop" when it's only barely. Many just go with crowd mentality and forget that Black Knights are no longer a small guerrilla force like in R1, but a full fedged military power. Rules of engagement change. There was a bit more fanservice which I am against, but they kept it in check. Aside from filler episodes (which R1 has as well), R2 is still amaizing and again...

has DAT ENDING!

UHiDGNC.gif

Edited by Will of NGE, 31 August 2014 - 08:52 AM.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler