Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[RP] Flowers from the Abyss

it was a long time coming dark fantasy for all ages huzzaaaaaah praise the sun

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Ilyse

Ilyse

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 87 posts

zrBKjry.jpg

FLOWERS FROM THE ABYSS

Church of Melkazudec

Approximately three weeks ago:

Confession Room

“Okay, from the beginning.”

The sound of chains rang out throughout the room as the young initiative to the church gulped. What stood before him was a behemoth of a man, dressed in the furs and skins of his unfortunate victims. In the man’s gigantic fingers was something of a stick, which he stuck between two of his bottom row teeth, as if picking for the numerous pieces of food that was stuck in there. The beast smelled horrible, and his skin had an incredible eczema problem.

But the most disgusting part were the two people at his feet. A man and a woman, both appearing to be from Eleria, had a collar wrapped around their necks, with the chains being held in the beast’s left hand. Both of them were stripped naked, but all four of their limbs were seemingly removed from the elbow and knee down, replaced by what appears to be steel pegs that served as their feet instead. Both of them were hugging the beast’s humongous knees, but one jerk of the knee caused both of his “pets” to retreat into the darkness of the cell.

“What’s there to say? Some goddamn monsters in that old mine down the bottom of the Land of Snow seem to be taking my goddamn herd.”

With a snort, the beast tugged at the chains once more, inciting some yelps from the man and woman. They crawled over each other as they tried to prostate themselves to their master once more, and the young initiative turned away from their nakedness and the overall disgusting sight.

“These two are the last of five I still have back at home!”

“So, you’re saying that…you herd people?

“Damn right, they’re difficult to train, but train ‘em well, and you got yourself buddies for the rest of your life.”

The young initiative gulped once more as the beast laughed rather heartily, and his two “pets” began to howl once more and…paw at their master’s knees. The initiative looked down at the recording device he held in his hands, and seeing it reach almost three minutes, he mentally screamed. It had felt like an eternity since he entered this room, and being put in here to interview this gigantic man was nothing short of a punishment, a prank pulled by the seniors to haze the initiative into their organization.

“So, um, I suppose you can describe to me what the monsters might look like?”

“Fuck if I know, they’re like women but when it gets all dark, they double in the amount of limbs. It’s fuckin’ weird, I’m tellin’ ya.”

“…So these women become spiders?”

“Sure, I suppose, but listen to this! Sometimes, I think these bitches wake me up in my sleep. I would step outside, and they would be quite a distance away, but I could hear their whispers.”

“And what do they say…?”

“See, I think these beasts were from before the Age of Decay! I think they’re monsters made by Melkazudec, the sorcerer one, not the god one, since you know, Creator made all life so otherwise I’d look like a dumbass if I said otherwise.”

“Uh huh. And what gave you that thought?”

“You see, they whisper of protecting their master’s grave. They then retreat with all my livestock, but you see, I don’t think they’re actually eatin’ them, ya know? Maybe they’re getting sacrificed to that sorcerer, because I don’t think he’s actually dead, just bidin’ his time. Maybe he might be responsible for all this, you know, with the disease going around and stuff…”

“Please. Please stop. You’re not going to suggest such sacrilege within this church-”

“But all this? I really fuckin’ doubt a dyin’ god could be the one to kill us all. I mean, I’d imagine he would be more concerned about his own life, ya know? Anyways, I think those flowers in the stories, you know, the cure for the disease…I’m thinking the sorcerer’s graves is within those mines.”

The young initiative felt a drop of sweat go down the side of his face, but he caught himself before gulping a third time, as the beast was eyeing him rather hungrily, as if he wanted to sink his teeth into the young man’s throat, and drink the blood running through there.

“But anyways, thought you people might like to know that. I got to return home before I lose more of my herd.”

“Wait, sir, we can-”

“Don’t be fuckin’ tryin’ to stop me, kid. They call me the greatest hunter in Duln for a reason. I never lost a fight to anyone who tried to cross my path, and well…”

The behemoth patted the mixture of fur and skin that he wore.

“Just gotta add those spider ladies into my wardrobe.”

And with a hearty laugh, the behemoth exited the room, tugging at the chains as his “pets” followed him obediently out of the room. The young initiative collapsed on the table, taking deep breaths as color began to return to his face. The very aura of a powerful warrior caused the young man to wet his pants, but he was just grateful that the behemoth didn’t consider him an enemy, lest his skin be worn by that behemoth from now on.

The Land of Snow

Seven days ago:

Outside the Old Mines

The old priest sighed as he walked up the dirty path towards the Hunter’s home. It had taken a couple of weeks, but they managed to process the interview and now the old man was sent to investigate the reality of the hunter’s claims. Of course, he was getting too old for this kind of work, but who was he to complain about this? His entire life was meant to be spent in servitude to Melkazudec and all his creations, and that meant he would be doing this sort of work until his heart stopped beating.

But was it the smell of burning flesh that incited fear in his heart? Or perhaps the dark aura that emanated from up ahead. Either away, the old man began to run as fast as he could, nearly running out of breath when he reached the top…to find the entire house on fire.

None of the human pets the Hunter kept could be seen, but when the old priest saw the Hunter, he had to try very hard not to vomit on the spot. The Hunter, a gigantic man with superior strength and a ferocity that matched that of the most violent beasts, was impaled by a log the same thickness of an oak tree. He was naked of everything, the wardrobe of his victories, and his own skin was carved off, letting his flesh cook rather easily in the flames.

The old man collapsed on his knees at the sight, but he heard the sobbing and yelping of a women, and he moved forward, past the flames, as fast as he could. Up ahead, he saw four bloodied bodies, and the last of the Hunter’s pets, a female, was held up by her hair by a short hooded figure. In his other hand was a bloodied knife, and behind him was a pile of fur and blood. The old man was horrified to realize that pile was the Hunter’s skin.

“Please, please, please, spare me!”

“…You gave up your rights to being a human, so I’ll cut you down like an animal.”

And with that, the hooded figure plunged the knife deep into the women’s throat, and with a spurt of blood, the women went limp as the hooded figure tossed the body away. With a gasp, the old man fell on his back, and began to crawl away from the hooded figure. The man could see sharp gray eyes size him up, and almost dismissively, the hooded figure turned his back from the old man.

Up ahead was a group of women wearing white dresses, and their hisses were loud as the hooded figure approached.

“The silver king approaches, our Master’s nemesis approaches the land we were assigned to protect.”

The hooded figure threw the knife ahead, and it plunged into one of the foreheads of the women. As her companions watched her fall, they cried out loudly as their bodies began to fold inward, and eight legs sprouted from their backs. From within their backs came their true forms: gigantic spiders that stared at the hooded figure with hatred in their eyes.

“Well, are you going to let me through or not? I could care less about some old hags who are trying to keep a promise with a dead man, but there’s something of great interest to me in those mines, and I’d rather not fight for it.”

The five spiders seemingly pondered for a moment, before opening a path for the hooded figure.

“We have only hate for you, Errlkunig, but we do not wish to die so prematurely. Your time will come, and we want to be alive to witness it.”

The hooded figure seemingly scoffed, before walking past the spiders and into the darkness of the mines underneath the Land of Snow. The old priest could only watch in fear as the spiders retreated into the darkness soon after, and then night fell, the only light being the full moon and the flames right next to the man.

The Land of Snow

Day One:

The Old Mines

You enter the old mines, one at a time, none of you seeing the others. Perhaps it was the darkness of the mines that caused you to not notice the other people inside, or maybe you could care less about who entered this place with you. Whether you be a soldier to hunt down the hooded figure sent, or somebody simply here to investigate the rumors set off by the Hunter regarding the location of the flowers, you have all entered the Old Mines, the first and largest of mining operations in the history of Duln. Abandoned near the end of the Age of Decay, it was home to different monsters from the dark.

Before entering, you had acquired a Polaroid camera and a fire hakuka lantern, as well as some fuel, for the trip ahead. The old priest who had given these stuff to you was waiting outside of the entrance, with a cart full of these stuff. His skin was so pale he seemed almost unhealthy, but the fear in his eyes was real. You knew that what was up ahead was indeed something rather frightening.

And alas, it was a long walk through the tunnel, leading into the mines, but you reached the end, and lit torches lined the walls of the exit. As you step outside, you find yourself in a gigantic cavern. Up ahead was a few carts where up to three people could step inside that seemingly lead to the lower levels of the cavern. You could hear water running from the darkness of the ravine ahead, and it was fairly indicative of another exit, or perhaps even a pathway that would lead to the tomb. Of course, the paths that lead to the high levels of the cavern, which were lined with fire hakuka stones that brightened up the cavern considerably, was also another place to investigate. So the question is:

Which way do you go first?

CHOICE:

> Take the cart into the lower levels.

> Climb the paths into the higher levels.

Edited by Clare d'Lune, 30 August 2014 - 04:18 PM.

qnJ4kqN.jpg

nKFtmmv.jpg

"Shurima, your emperor has returned."

Jod

Jod

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts

Fidela Blut

It would have been a great day to be riding a motorcycle, if the rickety thing could be called that. But it wasn’t a good day, in fact there hadn’t been a good day for a rather long time, with the world ending and all that. The fact that one was slowly dieing did not do much to help raise the overall mood.

He had found the motorcycle a day ago, lying in a trash pile, not an uncommon site. He wasn’t quite sure why he even tried to pick it up. But he had, and much to his surprise it actually worked, perhaps it had merely gone out of use very soon in the past. He didn't bother to think what had happened to the previous owner, though he did notice some splotches on the cycle that looked suspiciously like dried blood…

By his estimation it would take Fidela a few more hours to reach the mountains, he could already see them looming high in the distance. He just hoped that he wasn’t chasing dandelions, he had followed the rumors all the way here. At Least this time he had the legitimacy of the rumors on good authority. Well it better be, otherwise he would have to remove some heads. After all, time was much more valuable to the current Mr.Blut.

The motorcycle eventually choked to a stop as the elevation got the better of it, so Fidela had to hike the rest of the way to the old mine. At Least the directions had been good, though it didnt help his mood much as he stared into the inky darkness within the mine. Well he was going to die anyway, at least he’d die forgotten in some hole deep in the earth. He stepped inside with that cheery thought plodding through his head.

As he continued down the tunnel, he lit his lantern, and kept it at low, it was best practice to keep his eyes accustomed to darkness in places like this. After a rather long stretch of what very boring tunnel, he came upon a place lit by lanterns, prompting him to put off his own. Only a little further he stepped out into a very large cavern.

It looked like he had two choices for his onward journey, one was clearly the better option. He’d check out the latter after he scoped out higher levels.

CHOICE:

qEZtZafl.png

I AM HE. HE AM ME. ME IS HE

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

Ysolda Stormborn

The journey out of Keahar was exihilarating on many levels. Firstly, due to the rickety condition of their transport. It would have been decommisioned already had it not been for the dragons. As the only transport that linked the continent with the Island, it suddenly started feeling like adventure. They were told of the standard procedures for evasion if a dragon does manage to take interest. The sailing speed and decrepit state mostly assured that the wyrms won't bother checking the vessel. Though the danger was always there, their journey passed on uneventfully, that is until they touched the land again. Running into the information section for the mercenary guild. Ysolda was told of the events of the few weeks past.

Apparently, someone strong had appeared, strong enough to scare a veteran of the church and to skin Jorlak 'the Skinner' alive. The land of snow was thought to be housing a really important secret and mercenaries were needed to uncover that. Springing at the possible opportunity, Ysolda signed up for support. Gathering a few essentials and few coin she obtained from helping the local smith, she made her way for the Mines. She soon came upon the area mentioned, a ghostly pale figure of a priest stood with a cart outside the entrance. The man was kind enough to lend some food supplies and lanterns for the job ahead. Looking at his face though, Ysolda had a feeling that this won't be a breeze.

She entered the cave, pitch black. She made her way inside as far as the natural light could encroach on its territory before lighting up the lantern. If there were others, she didn't see them and she also decided that she won't be using the camera much. The journey was rather uneventful even if the constant creepy vibe unsettled her. All the while, she felt a bit twitchy, one hand always on the sword that hung by her side. Making her way through the tunnel, she did come upon an area where many other lamps were hanged, opening up to a big cavern with sound of flowing water emanating from the distance.

She had felt the possibilty of find some really high quality ore. It certainly looked like that there might be Mithril hindden within this pace somewhere. 

After observing the paths ahead of her. She had the urge to explore the belly of this beast, for if this place really did have Mithril, the best place to find would be deeper inside. Adjusting the lights on her lantern, she went further inside the cave taking the route to its belly.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationRiding the back of the Great A'tuin.
Sid

The flowers.

That was why he was here.

The flowers that the stories tell of. Growing in the tomb of Melkazudec. Flowers capable of removing the ash curse from a man. Or, as Sid saw it, the flowers capable of making him a chosen one. The flowers were the key to the new world. And express ticket to the heights of godly ascension. And Sid was going to find them.

He had been following rumours and tales about the flowers for a while. Most were blatantly lies. Others seemed more possible. But right now the rumours surrounding this mine seemed the most promising. There were true facts associated with the rumours. A beast of a man, thought to be undefeatable, was murdered in combat. Apparently there were spider monsters guarding a tomb of some kind. There had been a fire. The flowers had been mentioned. It was a lot of hearsay and probably some of it wasn't true. But it was much more to go on than the usual "I reckon the flowers are hidden in a cave." claims that people make.

And so Sid had travelled all this way. He'd arrived at the mines with little to no problems, aside from the weather. And, though there were pretty obvious foot prints in the mud that lead inside, there were none leading out. Which meant that if someone had found the flowers, they would still be here with them. Sid knew the footprints were fresh. He was good at tracking. It pretty much came as part of the package of being a part wolf Aberathian. He lit a fire hakuka lantern and started walking down the tunnel leading into the mines.

It couldn't be that hard to search a mine, right? You just follow the path. He was pretty sure that was how mines worked. Just a path down into the deep places of the earth. And then he entered the main cavern. It was not a simple little path at all. It was huge. It looked like there was a way upwards too, though he couldn't tell why. He was sure people where in here with him now. The footprints might have been a clue. But the fact that he saw someone clambering up towards the top of the mines was a much bigger hint.

By Sid's reckoning the best place to look for an unearthed tomb, would be the last place that was mined out. Following that logic most would say that means he should be headed to the deepest part of the mine. But was there any guarantee that was really the last place the miners has been digging? Maybe someone decided to open a new branch of the mine and headed off to the side. Maybe someone wanted to make a new entrance and was digging back up when they had hit the tomb. And following this logic instead, Sid decided he'd simply start at the top of the mines and work his way down. He'd be checking things on the way down anyways, so starting from the top would be a sensible move.

CHOICE:

Edited by Unbelievably Majestic, 02 September 2014 - 02:58 PM.

Blue Flaming Wings

Blue Flaming Wings

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

The night hummed with a silent energy.

Since he was a young child, growing up on the streets of Asyand, Illium could always feel it in his bones when something was about to happen. A sixth sense, if you will. It warned him, in those early years, which alleyways to avoid, which overhangs to step over and not duck through, which merchants he could steal from and which ones would hunt him down later and leave him a tiny body to float down the currents of the Asyandi.

This night pulsed with the promise of danger.

Before he had become one of the Infected, before the Neberul had forced him on this “mission” to find the flowers, he would have turned away from this tension. But now, he did not have a choice. As he hung from one of the precipices that overlooked the mines below he could feel it, that burning fire, that stabbing pain, in his left arm. It seemed to sever the limb apart and bind it together only to tear it to shreds once more.

I need this. A voice told him. I won’t last much longer.

He didn’t need it after two months. Another insidious voice snarled. He could endure.

But then again, Illium had never been the Faceless, no matter what mask he wore.

He scrolled down on a dial on his googles, his view zooming in on an old man by a mine cart filled with fire hakuka lanterns and some odd contraption. Illium had not been the only one to hear the rumor. The first had been an odd looking man, one whose race Illium could not quite determine. He came in on a motorcycle of all things, that experimental device that was more apt to break down on the rider than actually work. The second had been a female warrior, a Kaeharian from the looks of it, best be careful if they met in the mines, and the last had been the oddest of the lot. On first glance Illium thought for sure that he was an Ibironian, what with his short stature, fair skin, light hair and eyes, but on a second look he noticed the man not only did not have pointed ears but had the animal markings of a wolf on him.

An Aberathian? Definitely an odd bunch. He thought as the last of the visitors descended into the mines.

Once the group was gone, Illium fell down the rock face, clutching at the jagged surface every other moment to slow his descent. Finally, he landed on the ground with a soft thud, his crossbow, sabre and pack jangling as he did.

Then he appeared at of the shadows before the old man, his black form taking shape before the cart, his Faceless mask staring ever at him.

He came to the mine on an official mission. If the flowers were here, he had to make sure there was no connection – no hint to who he was or where the flowers vanished to. They had to reach Neberul’s waiting hands. But, more than that, danger awaited. A danger great enough to kill Jorlak the Skinner, a fact that he was more than a little pissed off by. After his first kill he happened to have a great disdain for “Skinners”, and he had his eye on Jorlak for many years now. Though none had dared put a hit on him.

The man's reaction practically told Illium all he had to know. The man barely blinked only gestured to the mine cart that was filled with those odd contraptions and fire hakuka lanterns. Of the three who had come before, not one had been from the Land of Snow, they were accepting anyone and everyone to go down to the mines.

To go down and possibly die, to make sure it was safe to go after.

But despite his bubbling ire, Illium came forward anyway, stuffed the contraption in his back and held the lantern in his hand – unlit. He could see just fine with his mask – and he rather not have the light give him away.

And so the Faceless too descended into the void.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

The walk forward was slow going. Illium made sure to stay in the shadows, which the mine tunnels were filled with. He trod softly, his boots barely crunching down on the dirt gravel beneath him. He could hear distant voices as the group of three, separately, went their own ways. Soon he came to the same spot where all three had made their choice.

Illium found himself in a gigantic cavern. Up ahead were a few carts that seemed to comfortably seat three people and that went down to the lower levels. However, instead of finding all three seated inside one of them, Illium instead could spot two of them trudging up a path to the higher levels. There were fire hakuka stones that lit up that portion of the cavern, bathing it in light.

A third figure went down below, a lantern guiding her path.

It was the Kaeharian.

...Now this - this was a tough choice. While going above would put him into contact with two instead of one, the one below was from the militant island Kaehar, and, if the armor she wore was any indication, she definitely followed the traditional model. If she found him sneaking behind her that could easily rise to an altercation, which is something he'd want to avoid. No wise man willingly jumps into a fight with a Kaeharian, one who taught to swing a sword before they could fully walk.

But then again, he needed to take the quickest route down to the flowers.

And, if he was going openly, without stealth, than there was only one thing he could do.

Illium reached up and unhooked his mask, stashing it away into his pack while lighting the fire hakuka lantern at the same time.

The Faceless now had a face.

Edited by Blue Flaming Wings, 03 September 2014 - 06:04 AM.

Because I've gotten tired of people trying to hire me to write ...

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

Ezra

Following rumors of the flowers, Ezra found himself at the entrance to the Old Mines in the Land of Snow. He nodded politely to an old man, who gave him both a lantern and a camera. Ezra accepted these gifts and wondered what kind of person just waits outside a supposedly dangerous system of mines to hand out cameras to those passing by. There was likely something wrong with him--Ezra did not stop to make small talk.

He descended into the blackness of the caves, the light from his lantern illuminating just enough to keep him from stumbling. Eventually the path split, going up and down. He figured the flowers would be found at the lowest level, assuming the rumors were true. He looked at the markings on his palms and smiled serenely. Then he went up to the higher levels.

If the intuition given to him by Melkazudec led him downward, he would do the opposite--he did not need empty promises of providence. He would carve his own path.

CHOICE:

Edited by Johnny Paradise, 03 September 2014 - 06:44 AM.

here's to a long life and dead friends

tumblr_inline_nep6qkNSe41sok0j2.png

Orcraniil

Orcraniil

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 368 posts

Mer walked slowly through the torch-lit tunnel, his pack now slightly heavier with the recent addition of a fire hakuka lantern and a polaroid camera. The icy wind of The Land of Snow blew through the tunnel, chilling Mer to the bone. Mer had lived in The Land of Snow for four years so it wasn't an unexpected feeling. 

The tunnel eventually opened up into a massive cavern that held two paths that Mer could travel through. One went deeper into the depths of the cave via cart, or the other was a winding foot path that led to the upper reaches of the cavern. The high ground sounded like just as good a path as any to Mer, so he planted one foot in front of the other and began the trek up the raising path lit by fire hakuka stones.

tumblr_n8afhdCGiX1sg8zvco1_500.gif

Spoiler

Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 34 posts

Rin

After hearing the possibility of the Flowers being linked to the Old Mines, Rin took the trip to investigate it by herself, after being greeted by an old man and receiving a polaroid camera and a fire hakuka lantern, she couldn't help to notice the look on his face, specifically his eyes, was that the look she and the rest of her clan had when they fought that Vile monster on the Mountain? Regardless, Rin knew that whatever lied in that mine, It wasn't going to be a pleasant trip.

Slowly she walked in the tunnel, carefully analyzing her surroundings, even though there was barely light in it, Rin could still hear a few people close to her, possibly heading in the same destination as hers, she assumed most of them had the same of goal to find the Flowers. Reached the end of the tunnel, Rin found 2 paths to take, one would take her to the Highest part of the mine, while the other would take her to the lower levels, the later posing the most threatening situation, but given how she could spot 2 lights in the distance, she assumed she wouldn't be taking that path alone. Getting her lantern ready, Rin followed the other 2 identities into the lower levels of the mine.

CHOICE:

Edited by Insane Soul, 05 September 2014 - 08:46 PM.

tumblr_namydvOZ551sc66cvo1_500.gif

Ilyse

Ilyse

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 87 posts

Story 1.1

The Land of Snow

Day One:

The Old Mines (Upper Level)

As you walk up the path towards the more lit parts of the mines, you notice three other people walking in varying distances from you, but all towards the same direction. Perhaps these people were just like you, but there was no need to build up any sort of companionship in a journey where you have no power to save each other.

And yet, upon reaching the top, all four of you had the same reactions: surprise, for there was a cozy little hut sitting right in the middle of the platform. Standing in front of the hut was what appeared to be a young girl, around fifteen years of age who was sweeping the ground in front of the house while humming happily to herself. After a few moments, she saw her guests.

“Oh! What’s this? Four young chaps came up here to see me? My, it must be a delightful day outside indeed! I must ask, why do you come down here into the dark mines?”

Each one of you take turns to explain that you were looking for the tomb of Melkazudec, to try and acquire the flowers that grew there for their miracles. The girl looked at all four of you with a surprisingly stoic expression, before bursting out in a laugh.

“You kid! You most definitely jest, I mean, do you really expect to try and find a  place that is only within legends?”

As she laughed, it was like the girl was trying to see what her actions would incite from each of you, but you held strong within her challenge, and her laugh soon disappeared, replaced by a truly surprised expression.

“Yikes, you guys are serious. Well, um, I suppose I should introduce myself, but it’s been so long since I’ve met another living and breathing person that my name seems to have disappeared from the back of my mind. Give me a moment!”

As the girl paced around in small circles, you all watch her with a feeling of disdain for this clueless girl. Soon, the girl’s stiff expression loosened up, and she jumped into the air, sounding rather excited.

“Ah, that’s right! My name was Carla, the Witch!”

A witch? The word did indeed create a reaction amongst all four of you. After all, there was no such thing as a witch since from before the Age of Decay, that is, since the rule of Zelrick and the coming of Melkazudec. Was this little girl truly centuries years old?

“Oh, come off it! What’s with those expressions!? What, did you thing I’d have a saggy chest or something? Witches don’t show the years, you know, it’s why we’re witches!”

With something of a pout, Carla retreated back into the hut, and shut the door, leaving all four of you to continue looking at the door with silent expressions. Behind the hut lies several different paths, but the one on the far left had numerous lights lining it, brightening up the path to the pitch darkness that lay ahead.

CHOICE:

> Enter the hut after Carla, doesn’t appear to be locked.

> Seems like there’s other ventures in this floor, one of those paths looks good.

The Land of Snow

Day One:

The Old Mines (Lower Level)

As you step into the carts, you notice two other people on the same tracks. The carts move by slowly, and the moans of the steel as the carts run over them causes some worry as to whether or not the tracks would even be able to hold the weight.

And indeed, those worries were fairly well addressed, because while it wasn’t necessarily the steel tracks that failed, but the age-damaged wooden supports that collapsed, causing all of you to fall into the darkness of the mine.

When all three of you woke, you find yourself in what appeared to be a foggy area, within a thin passage that left little room to move around. The fog was rather dense, and you had to question yourself how such a phenomenon could occur deep underground. But as all three of you looked ahead, your shock seemingly made you forget all else.

What stood before you was a gigantic forest, deep within the mountains and fairly well hidden in the fog. As one of you raise your lantern towards the trees, the clouds seemingly parted ways in reaction to the light, opening a path that was clear from the cloud, but covered in the darkness of the woods. Red liquid seemingly dropped from the leaves of the trees, and the smell was horrible.

But there was a path up ahead, as if inviting you to come forward.

CHOICE:

> Follow the open path and enter the woods.

> Head back past the broken carts and into the fog: perhaps there is another way out.

Edited by Clare d'Lune, 07 September 2014 - 03:44 PM.

qnJ4kqN.jpg

nKFtmmv.jpg

"Shurima, your emperor has returned."

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

Ysolda Stormborn

Despite her good judgement, she had decided to take the cart down into the tunnel. The old rustbucket seemed hardly reliable as it creaked and cooed its way forward, the age old rotten wood finally gave way as she plunged deep into the darkness. She could see a few more of the unfortunate fall beside her. The dark abyss that was swallowing them was lit by the faint light of three lanterns but she had no time to swivel in mid flight to see her company.

With a soft thud she landed on the ground but the long fall was enough to disorient her, the masks made it cumbersome and though she wasn't hurt really badly, falling in full armor was still dangerous. As consciousness tugged at her, she opened her eyes groggily, this place was surprisingly comfortable yet what greeted her eyes was rather perplexing.

Fog.

Fog, so deep inside a mine, it certainly was unsettling but Ysolda was excited for some reason. This meant that the danger was certainly tangible for such unknown phenomena to occur. Sprawled alongside her were two others as she had guessed. A boy and a girl. The boy or rather man was decked in all-black light armor and judging by his build and the fact that he didn't look like he carried long-swords he certainly looked like an assassin which made Ysolda quite curious. His skin shown like bronze and his features certainly shouted that he was off the desert or rather Asyand. But if this man followed her with his mask removed, it meant he wasn't after her. Her curious grin faded as disappointment took its place. To not be able to fight such a capable looking enemy was a shame. The girl on the other hand definitely looked Aberathian. Her cute ears sort of gave her away, plus the large man-cleaver that was stuck in the rock nearby meant that she was strong as an animal. Ysolda's smile returned but then a bigger surprise came.

A Forest.

Forest in the middle on a deep mine, if the fog was unsettling, the forest was downright ominous. A strange liquid dripped from the leaves, it certainly looked the color of blood but given how awful the place reeked of rotten flesh, it maybe some demon's bile. There was a way to know, Ysolda took out 'Rend', her short sword and touched its tip on the leaves. If this was blood, Rend would glow a effervescent red and it will mean that Ysolda would have a lot of fun in this place. She waited little time to come to a decision. If the two who followed her weren't there to kill her, it meant they were useless to her for they couldn't keep her amused. So leaving them to their beauty sleep, she pointed the lantern straight ahead and moved into the inviting jungle. Whatever lurked inside, hope it was some fun else she would have wasted money coming to The Land of Snow. Maybe she could find one of Jorlak's favorite prey, now that this was an open hunting ground.

'It sure will be fun' her gut told her so.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Jod

Jod

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts

Fidela heard what appeared to be two other sets of footsteps behind him. It didn’t surprise him as much as it should have, after all it didn’t stretch the imagination too much to consider that other people had followed the rumors to the cave. For the moment he wasn’t worried much about them, if problems did arise he would deal with them.

When he finally reached the summit of the stairs however he was in for a surprise. He came upon a large cavern, unremarkable in all details except one. Within the gloom of the cavern he could see a small hut right in the center. Though what he could see on the porch of the hut, mad his blood boil. Ignoring the rather strange location of the hut, Fidela’s focus zeroed in on the feminine silhouette against the darkness. However his hopes sank as he came within optical range, it was what seemed to be a fifteen year old girl.Dammit  can’t I ever get a break!

Taking a deep breath to reign his thoughts in.Focus! I’m dying, can’t afford to get distracted.

By then the other fellows had caught up with him, they didn't seem to hold any ill will so Fidela nodded in greetings. He wasn’t about to go and talk to them, too much human interaction scared him. Unfortunately at that moment the girl took it upon herself to interact with them.  Interaction with human females was properly even more frightening, he would rather fight some sort of dread beast any day.

Of course she asked the little group on their reason for gracing her with their presence. As expected they were all their in search of Melkazudec’s tomb. In an attempt to communicate he mumbled and gestured awkwardly then gave up and saved himself further embarrassment.Guh why did I even try...

The discussion continued for a little more time during which Fidela made the wise choice of drawing back from the conversation.Hey facial expressions count as communication. From what he could gather, the girl was slightly delusional, calling herself a witch and all that. I mean pretneding to be older is normal for kids, but a few hundred years was stretching it. He couldn’t help but think that was a bit silly on her side.

However he couldn't let go of the feeling that she knew more than she was letting on. His instincts rarely went wrong. So when the girl walked inside her home, he followed her. Surprised to find the dorrs unlocked, Fidela took it as an invitation to enter. He shrugged and walked in.

CHOICE:

qEZtZafl.png

I AM HE. HE AM ME. ME IS HE

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

Ezra

Carla seemed like a wholly unpleasant person. At least, that was Ezra's impression. For all he really knew, she could have been very nice, only retreating to her hut after laughing at him due to the social awkwardness that comes with being alone for so long that she forgot her own name. Nonetheless, she was not someone Ezra cared to associate with. Unless she knew more than she was letting on, interacting with her would get him nothing; and if she did indeed know more than she was letting on, then Ezra did not want to jump through the hoops he assumed would be required to make her divulge that information.

Staring at the closed door, he grimaced, then continued on. The paths beyond might help him figure something out about his goals, and if not--well, it's not as though he had anywhere else to be. He walked behind the house to the path lit up on left.

here's to a long life and dead friends

tumblr_inline_nep6qkNSe41sok0j2.png

Blue Flaming Wings

Blue Flaming Wings

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 358 posts

Shit. Illium thought as he saw the Kaeharian enter a cart some distance ahead.

He couldn’t allow a competitor to get so far ahead of him. So, against his better judgment, he hopped into a stranded cart up ahead, switching the crank into gear and starting it down the tracks with a groan. This cart isn’t going to make it. He knew from the sounds of the moans as the cart sped faster and faster down into the depths, the wooden framing shaking under the weight. Illium crouched, gathering his own wind hakuka about him, feeling it pool and flow. When the cart collapsed, he was going to leap out and cling to one of the walls. Still, though, the thought of doing such feats unmasked made him hesitate.

And that hesitation was all it took.

The wooden supports splintered and cracked, the steel rails collapsing apart in one moment. Illium leaped, thrusting his hands behind him to boost himself upwards towards the rocky ceiling, but when he stretched out a hand just the fingertips brushed against the rocks of the mine. Then, he fell. Tumbling downwards through the air Illium spotted the metal mine cart he had vacated rapidly expanding in his sight. He tried to twist out of the way of it.

But he was too late.

His skull collided against the metal frame.

He saw black.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Illium groaned as he awoke. He put his hands beneath his body and pushed up – a familiar motion from his morning calisthenics. But peering up did not help him any. His sight blurred in whites, greens and browns. When it did settle, it settled in doubles, seeing two trees instead of one.

Wait. Trees?

Before Illium stretched out a canopy of green. Trees, unlike the dead, twisted ones outside that corroded under the Ash Plague, but ones that thrived with life. But that didn’t stop Illium from immediately reaching into his pack and shoving his mask on, feeling the familiar sensation of filtered air flowing into his lungs. Once it was strapped on tightly, he flexed his left arm from where he sat crouched, feeling the muscles cord. The infection … had not spread.

But he still didn’t take off the mask. The trees in here must have gotten air and water from the outside, which meant this cavern was contaminated. Illium would take no chances. He would survive until he found the flowers. He would not fail his mission.

Speaking of which, it seemed as though the Kaeharian went on ahead while he was out of it. That would not do. He would not let her reach the flowers before him. Standing up, Illium looked up at the closest tree and boosted himself up, leaping up in a flurry of wind. His earth hakuka gloves latched onto the bark of the tree and he slid himself up on a branch.

From there it was a mixture of hopping, climbing and crossing from one branch to the next as he moved through the treeline above. He did not have to work hard to find the Kaeharian. Even without his gift of navigation and even though the woman spoke no words, her armor spoke for her. Clinking and clanking with every step through the forest underbrush.

As he neared her position he started to slow down, being cautious not to make a noise as he crept overhead. He spotted her as she crossed through an open clearing. He tried approaching her openly, discarding his mask which made him Faceless, but instead she had darted off towards a cart and then left him unconscious to chase after the flowers on her own.

He would not permit that.

He unslung the crossbow from his back, dipped the tip in one of the vials of sedatives from the box and leveled it at her left calf.

He fired. 

Edited by Blue Flaming Wings, 04 October 2014 - 05:03 AM.

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationRiding the back of the Great A'tuin.
Sid

The encounter with the woman that claimed to be a witch was actually about a peculiar as you might imagine the meeting of a witch to be. Which, to Sid, seemed to prove her claims just that little bit more. Of course, he believed her anyway. Why would she lie about a thing like that? There was nothing to be gained by telling a stranger you're a witch, when actually you aren't. It wouldn't make sense. And you wouldn't be able to prove it, so the lie would be revealed straight away. So obviously, she was a witch. And that made her a very good person to talk to, maybe get some answers to some question. And, of course, open her eyes to the truth of the ashes.

Sid watched as the young man, who had arrived shortly before him, followed the witch into her home. Just barging into someones house unannounced. A witches no less. And in this day and age it was a good way to startle someone into mistaking you for an attacker or a thief. And they what happens? You get stabbed. Or shot. Or, if it happens to be a witches house, maybe you get reduced to a pile of goop. And all of that risk pales in comparison to the simple fact that it's very rude to just let yourself into someones house.

Sid knocked on the witches door. "Excuse me Mrs Carla, might I be able to get a sip of water? I'm awfully thirsty after being down in these dusty mines." The plan had begun. Step one, gain entry to the house, and, lull the witch into a false sense of security with the awesome story about being thirsty. It was an even better plan due to the fact that he was actually thirsty. Perfect. Step two, once inside and fully considered to be a friendly person, and not at all a threat, slowly try to open the witches eyes to the true nature of the world and the trial god is currently uputting them through. Sid was excited by this encounter. If all went well the young man who entered the house earlier might be listening too. He might enlighten two minds rather than one.

Orcraniil

Orcraniil

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 368 posts

“Oh! What’s this? Four young chaps came up here to see me? My, it must be a delightful day outside indeed! I must ask, why do you come down here into the dark mines?”

Ishmerai was stunned, to say the least. A young girl, this far from any kind of civilization? And without any sort of adult? 

Mer scanned the facial expressions of the others who shared his goal, and they too seemed slightly caught off guard by the sight. Everyone in the group were searching for the same goal, and their goal was met by the girl with a harsh laugh and criticism mostly leveled at the group's search for something that is only legend. The harsh laughter only grew more grating to Ishmerai, but when he met her eyes, they held within them a sort of challenge, and when he saw that he refused to give this girl the satisfaction of grimacing. When the group had all met her laughter with plain expressions, she quickly stopped and looked truly surprised.

...What...

Did this little girl just claim she was a witch, and not even that, she actually forgot her name? Her honesty was rather flooring, but she seemed genuinely serious about being a witch; so serious that Ishmerai could believe it. After a comment about her chest not being saggy, she turned and went into her hut. No latching sounds were made, so she obviously left the door unlocked. Ishmerai accepted what he presumed was an invitation and quietly entered the hut.

CHOICE:

tumblr_n8afhdCGiX1sg8zvco1_500.gif

Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

Ysolda Stormborn

She ambled towards a clearing, having no set destination in her mind. The forest seemed inviting enough, so she ventured inside on a whim. As for the strange liquid on the leaves, sadly it wasn't blood. This wasn't as much fun as she had hoped. Perhaps, she would have done better to kill the two who followed her in their sleep, but sadly that won't be fun either. Ysolda was born off war, molded by it, breathing it in her every breath. She craved nothing more than a good fight and surprisingly, sleeping people didn't provide a fight, nor did grumpy ones stuck in a narrow cavern. They may flail all they like but they usually were poor fighters due to overwhelming situation and circumstance. She hated this sort of weakness,

'A man(woman!) always had to give a good account of themselves' her father always said.

There was no greater glory that having your head at the end of someone's sword or your heart picked clear from someone's arrow or your torso cleaved clean from a halberd, death! was just the price one paid for absolute ecstasy of fighting. This was the only way to attain bliss and all other paths were crude and idiotic. No flowers, No holy men, No gods can deliver you to self-attainment, but a blade always was one instrument that could. Atleast that's what everyone in Keahar thought.

A faint rustle, brought her back from her thoughts and a wide smile spread across her face. Her prey had found her and soon the dance would commence. 'Reaver' was held loosely in her right as a trademark whizz announced an incoming projectile. Others would probably miss it, well mostly. She held high hopes from those animorphs of Aberath for they were naturally gifted like none other and of Assassins from Asyand for they knew silence like none other but Kaeharians held a special place in all of these. They were warborns, they were expected to be capable of stuff others will be shocked by.

CLANK!!

With one swipe, the arrow was calmly deflected away from her calves, falling harmlessly into the undergrowth that accompanied the forest. It looked like the Asyandian had finally grown bored of niceties, the real fun would soon begin if only, the original occupants of this lovely abode will join them as well. Nothing like a real forest to die in, Ysolda was chosen to be on a precipice of history not many of her proud little nation would be able to achieve.

Another slow jingle announced the drawing of 'Rend'. Ysolda was ready to dance, complete with a murderous grin only if one could see inside her mask.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Blue Flaming Wings

Blue Flaming Wings

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 358 posts

Up in the trees, Illium narrowed his eyes as he looked down at the Kaeharian. He half-expected her to escape the strike, but he had imagined she’d dodge in some way, perhaps by twisting her ankle out of harm’s grasp. But to take her short sword, which was on the other side of her body, and swipe it down to knock away the projectile was a stunning feat of agility. A moment later she drew out another blade as well.

A dual wielder – of runic blades it looks like. Illium added upon seeing the soft red glow. And a giant Warhammer slung on her back. Yes. I cannot fight close with this one.

Unluckily for her, he had the skills to fight at range.

The assassin held a single hand outstretched and with a murmured incantation of “Ithriranoja” a force wind swept through the open clearing, ruffling the grasses, making the branches of the trees on the opposite side sway, and, most importantly, making the Kaeharian slid back a pace, even with her armored form. In that moment of magical release Illium shot twice, once aimed at her head and the other for her ankle again.

But he did not wait to see if either of the shots struck, instead he slipped around the tree branches and then boosted himself up to another tree, the only sign of his passage being the shaking of the leaves – and there were many leaves shaking after his Ithriranoja. Clutching at the bark of a branch he pulled himself up and positioned his crossbow in his hands. The winds died now, but the Kaeharian still faced the tree he once dwelt in. But he was there no longer.

Illium shot.

And the arrow sped to the back of her neck.

.............................................................................................................................................................................

OOC: I think I made the action clear enough, but give me a pm if you want some clarification.