Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[OOC] The Violet Hour

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

The Violet Hour

5364af55-1fd0-4824-a0f9-e39762443d6f_zps

Premise:

Spoiler

Where y'all fit in:

Spoiler

Character Sheet:

Spoiler

Meta Info:

Spoiler

A word from Usey:

Spoiler

here's to a long life and dead friends

tumblr_inline_nep6qkNSe41sok0j2.png

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!
Posting tentative interest. I'll make a cleric.

tumblr_o3sndbSAhX1qctrupo2_500.gif

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSint Maarten, Kingdom of the Netherlands
How long will this adventure last, just until the witch is dead?

“It's all about Power."
"Grabbing it. Keeping it. Using It."
"Power is our currency, our DNA... Our God.”
"We control the World."
"We provide the blueprint. And we give the Instructions."

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

Players will receive their reward once the effects of the curse disappear and the other villagers wake up. So... until that happens.

SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts
There's only one thing for me to roll.

2rD2TPI.gif

Myself, as told by a Hawk;

Spoiler

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSint Maarten, Kingdom of the Netherlands
I'm pro-witch, if it wasn't already obvi.

“It's all about Power."
"Grabbing it. Keeping it. Using It."
"Power is our currency, our DNA... Our God.”
"We control the World."
"We provide the blueprint. And we give the Instructions."

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!

There's only one thing for me to roll.

What's that?

I'm making a cleric that dual wields shields and bashes people with them.

tumblr_o3sndbSAhX1qctrupo2_500.gif

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

Jod

Jod

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts

I have cs

Spoiler

Edited by Jodgod, 13 August 2014 - 08:29 PM.

qEZtZafl.png

I AM HE. HE AM ME. ME IS HE

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

Hello there, Jod!

Few things about your character: Overall it's pretty close to good to go, but I have some misgivings about power level. Maybe tone it down a bit, as the strongest warrior of an order of paladins that have some divine authority might be a bit high tier for a mission like this. I will accept the justification of the purging of Rosehollow being one of your goals (if perhaps rumor spread wide enough, your sister may have instructed you to take the task just because you were in the area or something), so other than just the power level I think the character is good.

Just fix that and I'll put you on my list. (:

Jod

Jod

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts

hmmm, changed around a few things to make it better fit in, as well as added a more concrete reason as to why he even got the task. I wanted to ask if you wanted more detail or not, cause from the cs I got the sense that you wanted something more brief and to the point? OwO

qEZtZafl.png

I AM HE. HE AM ME. ME IS HE

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

Your changes are good, your character is up for serious consideration. Woo!

And yeah, I've always been more fond of brief and to-the-point character sheets, so what you have is a perfect level of detail.

SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

What's that?

I'm making a cleric that dual wields shields and bashes people with them.

Oh, you know me.

2rD2TPI.gif

Myself, as told by a Hawk;

Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.
Spoiler

Edited by Diabolical Rhapsody, 15 August 2014 - 02:59 PM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

DR: Character seems good! I would like maybe a bit more detail on the whole runic aspect of the character, as it seems to me as if that part of your character seems a bit disconnected from the rest. It wouldn't be hard to fit it in or anything, I'm mostly just curious as to maybe where she learned about them, and a bit more specificity as to what they do for you--are you resilient to blasts of magical energy, or to mind-affecting spells, or...?

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

DR: Character seems good! I would like maybe a bit more detail on the whole runic aspect of the character, as it seems to me as if that part of your character seems a bit disconnected from the rest. It wouldn't be hard to fit it in or anything, I'm mostly just curious as to maybe where she learned about them, and a bit more specificity as to what they do for you--are you resilient to blasts of magical energy, or to mind-affecting spells, or...?

Okay, Usey.

After re-reading it I felt like a derp since I forgot to add in the critical info about her runes. I'll expand on it after a good few hours rest. If on second take it still feels odd, I'll be more than content to drop it and roll out my signature plain barbarian, angsty side up. :D

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Character Sheet:

Spoiler

Well, here's my CS for approval.

I wasn't sure how far one can go, like would a special suit of armor with some form of magical resistance being allowed? I've long had this in mind, but wasn't sure if it was alright without the use of runes or would that need to be added? I was just going off from the fact of my characters family background and wasn't sure if such armor will be acceptable.

Edited by I-Am-X, 14 August 2014 - 09:52 PM.

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

X: As magic is not all that uncommon for adventurers or members of high society, forging armors with some manner of resistance is not unheard of. Though I extend to you the same question I asked of DR--in what way does it resist magic? Does it soften the force of magical blasts? Does it prevent you from being charmed or enchanted? Does it prevent you from being crippled through magical means? I won't be allowing anti-magic armor that resists it in general, because magic is such an expansive thing. As such, I want you to add some specificity into your armor's magical resistance.

Other than that, your character seems good.

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

X: As magic is not all that uncommon for adventurers or members of high society, forging armors with some manner of resistance is not unheard of. Though I extend to you the same question I asked of DR--in what way does it resist magic? Does it soften the force of magical blasts? Does it prevent you from being charmed or enchanted? Does it prevent you from being crippled through magical means? I won't be allowing anti-magic armor that resists it in general, because magic is such an expansive thing. As such, I want you to add some specificity into your armor's magical resistance.

Other than that, your character seems good.

Ah yeah, when I saw what you posed to DR I wasn't sure what the length of the resistance one can give. I had in mind that the armor softens the force of magical blasts (since as stated wasn't sure how much 'softening' or max amount of resistance was allowed) and a helmet that prevents charming and mind-altering magic. Like the armor adds a little additional resistance to body controlling magic, and with the helmet completely shuts out charming/mind-altering magic.

Edited my cs, is that tolerable and/or needs better explaining?

Edited by I-Am-X, 14 August 2014 - 09:48 PM.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

I don't think I'm going to allow immunity like that, but you can have a helmet that increases your chances to resist charm effects.

How I'm going to be implementing charm spells and other mind-affecting things is giving you a percentage chance to resist and then rolling for the spell's success or failure, so having your helmet would increase your chances of resisting, but nothing will ever make your chance of resisting 100%. Armor will blunt the force of physical attacks, but you won't have immunity to being stabbed to death--same thing holds true with magic.

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Alrighty, Then I'll change it to mention that. :P

The physical part is obvious so I would only need to mention the magical bit, yes?

Edited it again, hows it look?

*crosses fingers*

Edited by I-Am-X, 14 August 2014 - 09:53 PM.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler