Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Suggestion?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩
A long time ago, I remember when there wasn't that many online readers. I had to rely on manganews to check if there was any series update by scanlators/ scanlating groups. But they have drastically diminish in quality and haven't updated for a long while.
Edit: I just remember there is baka-manga-updates orz T T;;
There are manga chapters that I may have read but I can't remember where they came from or I don't keep track on all scanlation groups' site .
I was just thinking if batoto could post some form of news of series done by what translator groups but don't want their project to upload. Having representatives from groups that don't want their scanlations to be post but don't mind updating news or information about their group or their projects?

I'm not sure if this would be a good suggestion becuase it seems as if it defeats the entire purpose of online readers. Plus, it would require massive database on scanlation groups. It may even turn batoto into another site enitrely. But I do think its a good idea for all scanlation groups to gain more exposure that deserve more credit than they are given.

Edited by 「黑風影」, 28 September 2011 - 11:42 AM.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!
Like you mentioned, that's the purpose of mangaupdates (bakaupdates). We don't really plan to be their clone.

Yu Han Sung

Yu Han Sung

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,989 posts
  • LocationIn Cake Heaven, stuffing myself with cakes(chocolate, fruit, etc.). Mmm... :D
I see no point in turning this site into another clone of Mangaupdates. Any info reproduced from that site, would probably be updated at a much slower pace and often, with inferior quality anyways. ^^;; Furthermore, there are very few people who can read and decipher Japanese, Chinese(traditional and simplified) and Korean characters accurately and it can be messy if people try to copy and paste a bunch of characters they can't decipher and just slap it next to a title they grabbed from the scanlator's site. That can happen when MU doesn't have the untranslated titles listed yet or the wrong titles have been added.

MU is a much better source for finding info on titles. Even for me, every other update site pales in terms of speed and accuracy of info.

Edited by Undead Tofu, 28 September 2011 - 06:35 PM.

http://www.cakewrecks.com/home/2012/3/29/sheep-who-must-not-be-named.html
For pony!!! :D

Miseng is supposedly the Prince of Zahard and thus, a trap. SIU, you've completely outdone yourself this time. :D :D :D

And I'm very sorry, I just rarely accept friend requests these days. I don't really do Facebook friend requests. Maybe next time. :P
------------------
Even though I like TOG, I have no favourite characters. There are only characters I get attached to, for the moment and some traits I adore, just for a while. In the same way, there is no character I hate or dislike. I may get annoyed, angry and so on, for a while.