Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Chapter size limit

Size limit chapter hosting

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Gappy

Gappy

Potato

• Contributor
  • 178 posts
  • LocationSouth American Jungle - Brazil

Hello guys, how are you? I was wondering if there is a size limit for the upload of chapters here. I have a project now and each page has the dimension of 2569 x 4077, and 5~6 MB in size. Will I be able to upload it normally when it has been finished? Thanks!

jqpyyw.png

"Yes, I'm a professional. I've been in three plane accidents, and survived them all."

Spoiler

Hibari-Tsuna

Hibari-Tsuna

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 41 posts

Just wondering, are you going to resize the images? (if you are doing the cleaning and stuff like that) since usually -that I know of- Images are resized to about 1200 Height px... Your file seems too big... ><

Bobby W.

Bobby W.

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • LocationMedan, Indonesia

Well, say, ain't that too big? o.O

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving." - Albert Einstein

Gappy

Gappy

Potato

• Contributor
  • 178 posts

Just wondering, are you going to resize the images? (if you are doing the cleaning and stuff like that) since usually -that I know of- Images are resized to about 1200 Height px... Your file seems too big... ><

Well, say, ain't that too big? o.O

I don't want too. It's so perfectly scanned that I think it's a sin to resize it. Take this spread for instance, see how gorgeous it looks like, all that detail level the mangakas worked so hard to make look like this.

Spoiler
http://imgur.com/dOXVWYc

Besides, I always heard that no scans are rescaled here on batoto, that's why I'm asking if there's a size limit. I've seen manga with pages up to 1990 x 1400 of resolution, like this: http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/oingo-boingo-brothers%E2%80%99-adventure-r12560

jqpyyw.png

"Yes, I'm a professional. I've been in three plane accidents, and survived them all."

Spoiler

Hibari-Tsuna

Hibari-Tsuna

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 41 posts

I guess so, but your size is still wayy to big, takes too much memory and for some people whow dont have fast enought internet it might take a while to load the pages. If u notice your size are way over 2k height. But that is just me. I still think you should rezise to a more smaller size. As for the Limit I am not sure. when you go to upload a chapter thgis is what it says

Only .zip and .rar files are accepted. All folders and non-media files within the archive will be removed for security purposes. Archives that are password protected are not allowed. It is generally recommended that the archive not be modified from the scanlator version.

So...*tilts head* I dont think they have one?

Oh wait scrath that. I tried uploading a big file and it says

Error. Maximun size: 200MB

So i guess that would answer the Question lol.

Gappy

Gappy

Potato

• Contributor
  • 178 posts

I guess so, but your size is still wayy to big, takes too much memory and for some people whow dont have fast enought internet it might take a while to load the pages. If u notice your size are way over 2k height. But that is just me. I still think you should rezise to a more smaller size. As for the Limit I am not sure. when you go to upload a chapter thgis is what it says

Only .zip and .rar files are accepted. All folders and non-media files within the archive will be removed for security purposes. Archives that are password protected are not allowed. It is generally recommended that the archive not be modified from the scanlator version.

So...*tilts head* I dont think they have one?

Oh wait scrath that. I tried uploading a big file and it says

Error. Maximun size: 200MB

So i guess that would answer the Question lol.

Bummer. The first chapter has 209 MB. I think I'll resize the first color page and the spread, and maybe when I zip it it'll fit. Let's see how it goes. But still, that doesn't determine whether it has image compression or not, just the chapter size limit. Thanks for the help anyway, I'll post here when I'm finished with the cleaning and typesetting.

jqpyyw.png

Spoiler

Hibari-Tsuna

Hibari-Tsuna

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 41 posts

k ^^ glad i could help somehow.

Gendalph

Gendalph

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 576 posts
  • Locationbeyond the Veil
Images are not altered in any way, however they are resized on client during page rendering to fit reader width and users are allowed to zoom to it's original size.

I understand that you want scans to be in high quality, but I highly recommend compressing images - big images take too long to load. Max file size I'd recommend is ~1.5 MB (use PNGs with high compression and optimization utilities), also image width on fullHD screen is ~1479px.
For any testing -if needed- you can use this comic TESTING.

Gappy

Gappy

Potato

• Contributor
  • 178 posts

What's the best way to compress an image? I'll only do it if it gets too big for uploading, though, I'll probably have to do this  on the first chapter at least.

jqpyyw.png

Spoiler

Gendalph

Gendalph

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 576 posts
I highly advise to compress all of them (readers will thank you).
I remember pngcrush and PNGGauntlet and there's an online service - tinypng.com

Gappy

Gappy

Potato

• Contributor
  • 178 posts

Downloaded PNGcrush, this takes a lot of time to compress. I didn't find an option to define the output size, does it define it automatically? Thanks for the help.

jqpyyw.png

Spoiler

Gendalph

Gendalph

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 576 posts
You specify only compression level (7 is max, I think) and it tries its best to compress the image, regardless of its size.

Gappy

Gappy

Potato

• Contributor
  • 178 posts

I'll try it tomorrow, my notebook is almost dying on me.

jqpyyw.png

Spoiler