Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

What's going to be the conclusion for the Mothers' visit?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

MathiasonThe5th

MathiasonThe5th

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

What do you think is going to happen at the end of the mothers' visit?  Personally I think they're going to be as interested in Kimihito as their daughters are, even if they already have husbands. Although considering harpies and lamias are all female, those two mothers might not have husbands, although it'd be curious on who fathered their kids.  Be interesting if Cerea's mom allows him to ride her with the excuse that it's ok as he's Cerea's master and only supporting her daughter.  I wonder if the moms are going to get special permission to go out on their own or can only leave with either Smith or Kimihito.  Think there's any chance that Suu, Rachee, Mero, Lala and/or the girls of MON might either get letters saying their Moms are visiting soon (and want to meet the guy they keep writing about) or pop in for a surprise visit?  Also, why are the girls so nervous about their mothers coming over?

Edited by MathiasonThe5th, 03 August 2014 - 01:49 AM.

Fenrir98

Fenrir98

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationVenice, Florida
I hope we get to see all their parents
I hope we get to see all their parents

Chad

Chad

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I'm hoping for a chapter for each mother's visit.  If they all visit at once I hope it'll be a bumper chapter to fully encapsulate the chaos they bring.

As for them being nervous about the visits: I think Mia is worried as her mother is going to be a femme fatale (they are passionate after all), whose attention to Kimihito is going to drive Mia crazy.  I've got a vision of a tug of war between them with "Darling" as the rope. So my guess is that it'll end with a grumpy Mia being calmed by Kimihito.  I think Cerea's mother is going to be highly critical of her.  I think that she will be examining her daughter and Kimihito as her chosen partner, especially in light of how many girls he lives with, though he'll gain approval from her by simply being himself. Papi's mother I think will be very protective, as they've mentioned that Papi has a strong maternal instinct. My guess is that she'll be getting underfoot trying to help, a real mother hen, but also be a little clumsy and have a horrible memory like Papi. I have a feeling that she'll get lost at least once going to and from the house.

I don't think we'll see Rachnee's mum as I have a feeling they don't get on, spiders aren't exactly the family type, I think we'll see more of her previous host family instead. Mero's mother would be interesting I imagine her visit would be more like a state visit from a high ranking politician. MON haven't had enough screen time for themselves to do that, though I think Ms. Smiths mother should turn up as a high ranking official within the Cultural Exchange bureau, explaining why she hasn't been fired.

I'm hoping for this series to get an anime. 

Fenrir98

Fenrir98

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 74 posts
Hope so too.

Azure107

Azure107

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Maybe the mothers will nd up in competition mode right from the start. Im expecting that they already know about the marriage project.

Meanwhile, in the next month I will pray for Daring's safety given jush how much pain he faces just dealing with one new visitor :D

MathiasonThe5th

MathiasonThe5th

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

Granted they haven't had a lot of screen time, but the girls of MON seem to have been visiting the house often. Think it was at the end of the third Light Novel (maybe second) that I got from a bookstore but the short, end book pages showed them dressed in swimsuits while relaxing around Mero's pool with Mero and Kimihito commenting on how often they've been showing up lately.  Also, all of them (except Doppel) were crushing on him after their dates with him during their day off in an attempt to draw out D.  Be funny if something happened and Doppel got interested in him too.  And wouldn't be the first time a girl exaggerated things to her mother in an attempt to fend her off.

Don't know about Spider families so Chad might be right in that Rachnee's mother might either not be interested or dead (some spiders swarm and eat their mother and/or each other when they all hatch at about the same time and seeking the nearest food source.) On the other hand they're intelligent and part human (or humanlike) so it'd depend on which side has the most influence.  Considering that spiders tend to lay multiple eggs there's a good chance that one or more of Rachnee's sisters will show up if the mother doesn't.  Although I'm curious as to why there aren't an army of Arachnes running around if the number born aren't just one or two like humans but in the double digits like spiders.

Think there'd be too much mayhem if all the mothers showed up at once, but would be funny if at least once another group of mothers showed up right after the previous one left. Also, Ms. Smith might be interested in Kimihito since she calls him darling, takes on several of her problem girls who keep running away (like Papi,) and had Lala quaking in her boots over the subject of him getting hurt.

Jdog

Jdog

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Granted they haven't had a lot of screen time, but the girls of MON seem to have been visiting the house often. Think it was at the end of the third Light Novel (maybe second) that I got from a bookstore but the short, end book pages showed them dressed in swimsuits while relaxing around Mero's pool with Mero and Kimihito commenting on how often they've been showing up lately.  Also, all of them (except Doppel) were crushing on him after their dates with him during their day off in an attempt to draw out D.  Be funny if something happened and Doppel got interested in him too.  And wouldn't be the first time a girl exaggerated things to her mother in an attempt to fend her off.

Don't know about Spider families so Chad might be right in that Rachnee's mother might either not be interested or dead (some spiders swarm and eat their mother and/or each other when they all hatch at about the same time and seeking the nearest food source.) On the other hand they're intelligent and part human (or humanlike) so it'd depend on which side has the most influence.  Considering that spiders tend to lay multiple eggs there's a good chance that one or more of Rachnee's sisters will show up if the mother doesn't.  Although I'm curious as to why there aren't an army of Arachnes running around if the number born aren't just one or two like humans but in the double digits like spiders.

Think there'd be too much mayhem if all the mothers showed up at once, but would be funny if at least once another group of mothers showed up right after the previous one left. Also, Ms. Smith might be interested in Kimihito since she calls him darling, takes on several of her problem girls who keep running away (like Papi,) and had Lala quaking in her boots over the subject of him getting hurt.

Think you mean manga, not light novel.

More like triple digits which suggests that the author will most likely have them reproduce like humans.

Ms. Smith is just simply doing her job. If something happened to darling, then she would be in some serious $hit. Not to mention figuring out what to do with the girls and finding a new test case (we all know how much she hates extra work).

Edited by Jdog, 22 August 2014 - 06:08 PM.

MathiasonThe5th

MathiasonThe5th

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

Oops, Jdog is right, I meant manga not light novel, sorry.  Haven't found anyone in Illinois, USA who sells Japanese Light Novels in English. Anyone have know some place that does, and if so what the name and website is? Thanks. 

I don't think Ms. Smith is just doing her job.  Granted she would be in trouble and have a lot of extra work if something happened to Kimihito, but I don't think that's all there is to it.  For example there have been a few instances where she's 'dropped in' to grab a free meal and if something interferes with that she considers going to a shop or fast food type place rather than dropping in on some other host family nearby.  Always calls Kimihito 'Darling' instead of by name, smoothed the waters with MON about Suu staying with him, and open about various things with him that could get her in trouble. Such as mixing him up with Miia's original host family, (what happened with them btw?) dumping troublesome monster girls onto him (like Suu and Lala who kept running away from their host families, or Rachnee who raised a ruckus,) and only told the monster girls in MON about Suu (although the main reason is probably to avoid the additional work her superiors would dump on her if she did tell them.)  Considering her attitude and the fact she looks like she's probably in her mid to late twenties I wouldn't be surprised if she exaggerated how much she liked Darling to HER Mom to get out of marriage interviews and all the work entailed with it.  Personally I'd love to see her Mom visit wanting to meet the man who's "stolen her sweet, innocent daughter's heart."  That and see how much mother is like daughter. :D

5hir0

5hir0

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

Yknow, besides the fact that we will be introduced to the first three girls' mothers with this upcoming visit, I can't help but feel that if Kimihito's (Darling's) parents were to come and visit, it would be just as hilarious (if not more so) what with the girls themselves panicking at trying to show their "good" side off to Darling's parents.

Food for thought.

Jdog

Jdog

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Oops, Jdog is right, I meant manga not light novel, sorry.  Haven't found anyone in Illinois, USA who sells Japanese Light Novels in English. Anyone have know some place that does, and if so what the name and website is? Thanks. 

I don't think Ms. Smith is just doing her job.  Granted she would be in trouble and have a lot of extra work if something happened to Kimihito, but I don't think that's all there is to it.  For example there have been a few instances where she's 'dropped in' to grab a free meal and if something interferes with that she considers going to a shop or fast food type place rather than dropping in on some other host family nearby.  Always calls Kimihito 'Darling' instead of by name, smoothed the waters with MON about Suu staying with him, and open about various things with him that could get her in trouble. Such as mixing him up with Miia's original host family, (what happened with them btw?) dumping troublesome monster girls onto him (like Suu and Lala who kept running away from their host families, or Rachnee who raised a ruckus,) and only told the monster girls in MON about Suu (although the main reason is probably to avoid the additional work her superiors would dump on her if she did tell them.)  Considering her attitude and the fact she looks like she's probably in her mid to late twenties I wouldn't be surprised if she exaggerated how much she liked Darling to HER Mom to get out of marriage interviews and all the work entailed with it.  Personally I'd love to see her Mom visit wanting to meet the man who's "stolen her sweet, innocent daughter's heart."  That and see how much mother is like daughter. :D

Barns and Noble. That is where I get mine. And what they do not have I can order.

Free food is free food. Especially when you like to freeload like she does.

She calls him "Darling" because that is what Miia dubbed him as. It goes back to the first couple chapters.

When Suu showed up, she just looked the other way to avoid extra work for herself. She said as much at the time.

That first mixup was her mistake, plain and simple. They had never met before that. As for Miia's intended host family, it does not currently matter.

Suu and Lala showed up on their own accords. Papi was the runaway that she put with him.

Maybe she does like him, but currently, Ms. Smith is just a teaser in the series. Simple as that.

Yknow, besides the fact that we will be introduced to the first three girls' mothers with this upcoming visit, I can't help but feel that if Kimihito's (Darling's) parents were to come and visit, it would be just as hilarious (if not more so) what with the girls themselves panicking at trying to show their "good" side off to Darling's parents.

Food for thought.

Goes without saying.

death by night

death by night

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationLibrary of reality and possibility

its September, next volume is not out yet...

MathiasonThe5th

MathiasonThe5th

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

How the mothers' visit is going to turn out its probably going to turn out a bit like the time Kururu's and Mizore's mothers visited the school in Rosario + Vampire anime where the daughters exaggerated the relationships, yet somehow the guy impresses the mothers some way, possibly getting their interest in him as a man as well. Then when they leave they each tell their respective daughters "not to lose" and keep ignoring the guy's protests or words in their schemes to get him in the family one way or another like a trophy.

Thanks for the tip Jdog, however a few things:

While Barnes & Noble have manga, they don't seem to have many light novels (as in mostly text with a few pictures.)

Even if Ms. Smith is in as just a teaser, I think she does like him and it would be like her to have embellished her relationship with Kimihito to get out of all the time and trouble needed to either start and maintain a relationship or having to dress up for marriage interviews her parents set up.

DBN, seems a lot of mangas are coming out late Sept, like around the 25th so hopefully it'll be out soon. If school didn't start a few months earlier in Japan I'd say all the supplies got bought out by kids going back to school. :) However, this type of thing should be discussed on a different thread with that as the subject.

Fenrir98

Fenrir98

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 74 posts

It would be funny, if after chapter 29, Kimihito's parents walked through the door and see the girls and Miia's, Papi's, and Centorea's moms. And then find out that his dad already knows their moms and them. (If you catch my drift.)