Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

True potential of the shinin class 'the gamer'

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

fawn

fawn

Potato

• Members
  • 167 posts

We know that as a shinin gamer class, Jee Han is very special in the abyss, but just how special is he? I'll make a list of all the abilities that Jee Han has that a non-shinin / non-gamer class probably doesn't have.

Jee Han's abilities that that are already confirmed to be rare (or unique to Jee Han) in the story:

If I've missed any points, or any other abilities that are unique to Jee Han appear, I will add to this list.

1. Learn any and all skills that exist in the world; though a detrimental effect of crossing of two flows means that learning conflicting skills is probably not a good idea, crossing of two flows supposedly affects everyone so it doesn't count

2. Learn new skills extremely easily: either from doing random actions or touching a skill book

3. Get items / skill books / money from killing monsters

4. Heal himself (by eating) / heal others extremely quickly

5. Change any illusion barrier into a game dungeon, also creating boss monsters

6. Gains stat points every time he levels up from killing monsters, and can distribute stats manually. In other words, Jee Han has much more flexibility in increasing his stats than people like sun-il and sae young, who are probably mostly limited to gaining strength, vitality and agility at a constant rate in their martial arts training

7. Add people in his party so they can temporarily gain some 'gamer' abilities: leveling up from killing monsters, and manual stat distribution.

Unconfirmed theories of Jee Han's other rare abilities:

1. Jee Han will never get any permanent injuries, this point is Jee Han's speculation which is quite likely because of his gamer's body.

2. Agelessness. Many people on the forums have already theorized this, and Sun-il mentioning 1000+ year olds in the abyss (chapter 30) makes this seem somewhat likely.

3. Respawn upon death (losing experience/ items/ money?) : also theorized in the forums but is considered much less likely because it's too OP.

I also made some new theories for discussion, though I personally think these theories are unlikely:

Since Jee Han's party members have 'gamer characteristics'...

1. Jee Han might be able to invite anyone, even normal people like his 'passionate teacher', into his party and they'll be able to get some gamer characteristics while in his party.

2. Jee Han's party members might be able to gain other, more useful, 'gamer' abilies: for example, Sun il might be able to learn summoning magic if he touches a skill book while he is in jee han's party

3. If both of my first two theories are true, anyone might be able to become an ability user if they join Jee Han's party.

The following paragraph is just my delusion, and is not for serious discussion:

Jee Han can buy some slave(s) from the abyss auction, give his slave a cheap, mass produced, but useful skill book, form a party with his slave(s), grind the party's levels and money, buy new slave(s) and repeat process continuously... and eventually create the Jee Han guild/clan with all his slaves, which is stronger than the Chunbumoon and Yuhonmoon clans combined

... yeah, I'm getting too ahead of myself, just ignore the last  paragraph.

Edited by fawn, 06 August 2014 - 07:50 AM.

cjk33

cjk33

Potato

• Members
  • 114 posts

all good points but I think that the gamers abiltily has no roof. what mean is that like sun-il says about guns and how you limit yourself to relay on tools the same could be said about abilitys but jea-han dose not have that problem because his ability eveolves it can go as far as his mind (how small his mind is. thats the problem)

making the clan as you say can be easy but it won't stay that way but that's a whole diffrent topic. I think that if Jea-han is going to make a clan it should be use healing as a starting point

Calmandweak

Calmandweak

Potato

• Members
  • 152 posts

do not forget the ultimate sleepy's all good stuff. ya feelin ill with 238 malus borderline to death no mana, negative regen....go do a lil sleepy sleep and here you go full everything no malus. you're just fine even got some xp from the experience ^^

for the slave, don't forget they're not npcs and you ain't in a medieval fantasy world ^^

abilities he's got some other have but i think as less limit in his skill sets are also his innate dimension magics, (inventory)

Edited by Calmandweak, 09 October 2014 - 08:20 PM.

:batoto_001:  :excl:  :excl:  :excl:  :batoto_018:  Ooooooh cute cuddly animals ^^.....let's cook them   :)

"When faced with the unknown do not despair, always smash it and consider what you've done when you Sober up" First Verset of the Lonely Old Ranting Drunk, aka Lord

cjk33

cjk33

Potato

• Members
  • 114 posts

yes this and that are both not medieval worlds but slavey is happening there. I think jea-han should ba a slave teach them healing magic (and a few others) then asking if they what to join a clan as free slave or just be free.

If the MC started a healers clan he could be made him quite powerful. from what he's friend said healers are rear and jea-han seems to what help people he meets (which might not be a good thing)

Kilawa

Kilawa

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
I believe the slaves are controlled by magic, in chapter 35 there was a reference to a girl tied to a ring with the 'Property' spell.

Edit: And 'Slave Contract Magic' so maybe it's a contract that works like indentured servitude

Edited by Kilawa, 18 October 2014 - 12:38 AM.