Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Jee-Han can already use non-verbal skills right?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Panthertwat

Panthertwat

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 68 posts

Chapter 18 Page 24 to Page 31
Jee-Han never says the moves of the martial arts abilty.
Because of that he gets a system message that say:
You've used Chunbu Martial Art Techiqu's Eight Trigram Strike without the skill.
Your Mastery increases by 10%.

Jee-Han then says that it looks like there are shortcuts in the mastery system.
Sun-Il asks why that didn't pop up while they were sparing.
Jee-Han says maybe it only works in an actual fight?

Does all this mean that if he learns to use his skills without using the skill (system verbal command), he increases his mastery?

Examples:
observe:  Ch 3 Pg 15 He noticed the Black Slime had a systematic attack without using the skill observe, but it still gave him a level up for the action.
Materialize:  Ch 38 Pg 21 He thinks Materialize and it summons gnome (Earth Elemental)

Anyhow, It would be cool if Wisdom allows him to only think the skills name to use it, and Int makes his thoughts faster so can can cast more skillz quickly.

Edited by Panthertwat, 14 July 2014 - 09:40 PM.

kaihaider

kaihaider

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
I always assumed the voice commands automate his flow of energy but he can consciously reproduce the abilities. And I thought mastery referred to the xp gained for the skills next level. And maybe he needs combat for his mana manipulation to trigger a skill creation? But I think it worked while he was hitting the tree, idk...

Edited by kaihaider, 14 July 2014 - 07:39 PM.

Panthertwat

Panthertwat

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 68 posts

Yup lots of inconsistancies. Like how long he has had the ability.

First or second chapter he says hes had the ability for a few days, doing quests and stuff.

Then the Teacher says that they just got back from thier 2 week break, then he trains in martial arts, and it says that his sophomore year ends.

Next chapter, Sun-Il gets supprised that Jee-Han is killing zombies on the way home after every time he comes to train in Martial arts. (Now at this point I would think that Jee-Han has spent 3-6 months between the 2 week break and the end of his sophomore year and trained in his battle experiance and risen his Chunbun techniques to a pretty high level)

Then many chapters later... he says that he has only had the ability for 10 days....

Calmandweak

Calmandweak

Potato

• Members
  • 152 posts

yep the flow of time is bullshit. personally i would find reasonable that what has happened would have been on the short amount of time but still decent of 2 month.

:batoto_001:  :excl:  :excl:  :excl:  :batoto_018:  Ooooooh cute cuddly animals ^^.....let's cook them   :)

"When faced with the unknown do not despair, always smash it and consider what you've done when you Sober up" First Verset of the Lonely Old Ranting Drunk, aka Lord

Panthertwat

Panthertwat

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 68 posts

I always assumed the voice commands automate his flow of energy but he can consciously reproduce the abilities. And I thought mastery referred to the xp gained for the skills next level

I would have to agree with this point. Its like clicking a button in an RPG. It happens automatically. Almost like Autopilot.

Perhaps with additional Mastery, it becomes less and less like autopilot.

We saw that with the Yunhon Soul Recovery, as he got better, it wasn't just a heal anymore, but he could feel his way around the other persons body (No Inundo ment) and find the curse with his mana/ki.

Also, Sun-Il said that Jee-Han could fire many volleys of spinning mana arrow in 3 secs, when it takes at least 2 secs to say it once even in Korean. (Seriously type in Spinning Mana Arrow into Google translate and then listen to Korean voice sound it out)

Maybe he already doesn't need to say spinning mana arrow anymore... just in his head