Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Hearthorne Village (OOC)

ooc battle arena rp rpg role playing out of character discussion Hearthorne Village

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

Blue Flaming Wings

Blue Flaming Wings

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Also a fair point. And now that Naifu gave Choppa 5 Hero (Villian?) Points instead of 3, if he could stack as well he'd be a monster.

Because I've gotten tired of people trying to hire me to write ...

Jod

Jod

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts

the terror, also about the skills, do I keep Geomancing as is or replace with the generics only

qEZtZafl.png

I AM HE. HE AM ME. ME IS HE

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSint Maarten, Kingdom of the Netherlands
I think you can keep Geomancing, Jod. Just like Primo can keep Filipino Martial Arts. What I want to get across is that too many of the old skills were overlapping. Each skill should affect a different area that matters to your character.

As for skill stacking, you can still do that with stunts, and aspects. But in a normal situation, you wouldn't use brute strength to perform a martial arts move. No one would compare swinging a bat or an axe, to using a sword. One is just strength, the other is finess. Using both is exhausting. In the game, exhaustion is represented by Hero Points.

The bosses might need tweaking, but like DR said, if they don't pose a real threat to you, then no one will ever die. As more and more fights take place, I'll continue balancing the HP and skills until everything is about just right.

“It's all about Power."
"Grabbing it. Keeping it. Using It."
"Power is our currency, our DNA... Our God.”
"We control the World."
"We provide the blueprint. And we give the Instructions."

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

I think you can keep Geomancing, Jod. Just like Primo can keep Filipino Martial Arts. What I want to get across is that too many of the old skills were overlapping. Each skill should affect a different area that matters to your character.

As for skill stacking, you can still do that with stunts, and aspects. But in a normal situation, you wouldn't use brute strength to perform a martial arts move. No one would compare swinging a bat or an axe, to using a sword. One is just strength, the other is finess. Using both is exhausting. In the game, exhaustion is represented by Hero Points.

The bosses might need tweaking, but like DR said, if they don't pose a real threat to you, then no one will ever die. As more and more fights take place, I'll continue balancing the HP and skills until everything is about just right.

I think HP is fine as it is now. Choppa more or less is like Paul from Tekken. I power punch and he may have you just where he wanted to slaughter you xP

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSint Maarten, Kingdom of the Netherlands
Now that I've worked out most of the bugs, I'm ready to give Hearthorne an ending. I'm just curious how many test subjects still remain.

“It's all about Power."
"Grabbing it. Keeping it. Using It."
"Power is our currency, our DNA... Our God.”
"We control the World."
"We provide the blueprint. And we give the Instructions."

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.
Present for obvious reasons. X3

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler