Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

If one death saves many....

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

This is belated post about something that happened in the story some time ago but.

There was the evil boss going off to rampage and kill elsewhere so the protagonist could train for a week and battle the evil boss for the fate of the world. But then it turns out that there is a connection between the Evil Boss and the protagonist so that if the protagonist dies, so does the EB. 

Now if this death by connection is not so certain, that is one thing. But it does make sense to kill the protagonist to stop the EB from destroying the world. What, the alternative makes more sense, the protagonist risking his life in a match where he might lose anyway and both the world and him die? Even if he wins, lots of  people die while the EB is rampaging in the world elsewhere.  Lots of protagonists companions and associates were arguing this in the manga, and they were right! But instead they are shamed and brought over to supporting the protagonist in battle.

Well the story was already getting so weird, convoluted, random, nonsensical, that I was no longer interested in reading this, this issue in particular being the final straw. Other stuff like them not stopping people from using that which was causing people from turning into monsters, but hiding it instead like I mentioned in another thread.  But I didn't take this comic off my follows list  (maybe to skip ahead and see how it ends, but by now I've lost interest even in that) and with this update I got reminded of this. Well I'm taking it off now, but I wanted to get this off my chest.

Edited by truepurple, 30 June 2014 - 11:15 PM.