Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[OOC] Four Winds

• Please log in to reply
742 replies to this topic

Vafhudr

Vafhudr

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts

windrose_zpsbcffb082.jpg

~ Four Winds ~

[A Fairy Tail based RP]

Meister Fran Boisse - I mean, Grandmaester Fran Boisse (the title would take a moment to get hold, he felt) - walked through the empty halls of the building he had just bought. It was relatively small, but spacious. In his hand he carried the charters from the city of Singspiel and the charter from the Magic Association, granting him the right to start a Mage Guild in this beautiful seaside town. The man was rather old, but he didn't show it. It was only his features that could not resist the passage of time. His posture, on the other hand, remained upright as he walked against the current. His eyes remained bright with a mischievious energy. His hands, crooked slightly by what appeared to be arthritis nevertheless moved nimbly as he drummed on his sides, spelling out an old song he liked. 

"So... why did you do it? I never took you for someone who was particularly good with kids." a voice echoed down the hall. A lady in the doorframe, a sly smile on her face. 

Fran smiled back right at her.

"Well, you know Selena, there comes a time in the life of a man where he feels he has to impart what he knows. I feel I now have enough with hair for the task." he said, pulling at thinning hair on his head. 

"You have been gone for five years. Most of us thought you were dead. Where were you?" She asked, as she walked in, her eyes wandering around the room, her hand swatting away the rising dust.

"I did what we mages do - I wandered. We mages don't really have a place in this world. So we wander. But I'm getting old, Selena - rheumatism, arthritis - can you believe I now get up in the morning and my whole body aches? With a good walking stick I could walk across Freiburgs in a few days. Now I walk across town and I regret it by breakfast!" He shook his head disapprovingly. "I should have studied healing magic. I wouldn't have to suffer through old age!" he said, in good cheer.

"Well, I know a witch or two that could help you with that - can't say it will be cheap, though. ~ <3"

"Well, I better turn this guild into a proper racketeering scheme, then! Those bills won't pay themselves! Truly Boudin of Gold Gear knew what he was doing!"

They both laughed. Fran Boisse's tone became more serious.

"I will need your help, Selena. I cannot do this alone. I have other friends who will be joining us, but I will need you for this." He said, making direct eye contact with her.

"Of course. I am always happy to help." She said, warmly. She turned away, looking at the empty rooms. "What are you going to call it?"

"Four Winds. We come from all the directions, brought here by the winds of fortune. We might as well acknowledge our roots."

"Four Winds? I love it. How very much like you. ~ <3"

"Well, it never pretended to be able to top Flame Fire, but..."

They both laughed. Mostly at how Flame Fire was such a dumb name. 

Premise
Magic. The World is filled with it. There is magic in all things – and humans are no exception to this. But not all humans can naturally use magic. About 10 – 15 percent of the human population can reliably use such a power. Fortunately (or unfortunately), you are part of that group. Magic users were once reviled, but nowadays they have gained mainstream acceptance and even admired. You possess a rare gift - how you use it is up to you. 
You are young journeyman witch or wizard starting their apprenticeship in one of the many magic guilds of the land Freiburgs called Four Winds. The Grandmeister, Fran Boisse, has been advertising high and low in hope of attracting experienced mages and avid learners to the town of Singspiel, where he has made his his headquarter. A new life is about to begin for you - one adventure, and magic. It will emphasize personal growth and camaraderie in the face of danger and evil. Do you have what it takes to become a full fledge mage - and a full fledge person?

The World

Spoiler

How to Play
Spoiler

Character Sheet

Spoiler

Please Teach Me, Lady Cerisier!! 
Spoiler

F.A.Q.
Spoiler

NPCS

[UNDER CONSTRUCTION]

Much more to come over the next few days. 

Edited by Vafhudr, 14 July 2014 - 05:32 PM.

92242d14-d321-46c6-a0ac-45c7a9ce6bb0_zps

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

What's

good

in

the

hood

??????

here's to a long life and dead friends

tumblr_inline_nep6qkNSe41sok0j2.png

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts

Should I be Wylde again?

Juro

Juro

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationManila

Spoiler

Edited by Juro, 25 July 2014 - 03:01 PM.

Nepenthe

Nepenthe

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,650 posts
  • LocationThe Comfy Chair

What's the tech level we're working with here?

Previous Avatars • Music for February 21...not picked out yet.

Supreme_Lurker_Primo

Supreme_Lurker_Primo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,703 posts
  • LocationSomewhere. Nowhere. Everywhere.

So kind of like fairy tail in term of the suppressing the dark guilds ?

What the law system? And species that are allow ?

Edited by Supreme_Lurker_Primo, 29 June 2014 - 04:13 AM.

bhestw.jpgTincek-Marincek

Visitor

Visitor

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Location--

Pining interest.

x.

Vafhudr

Vafhudr

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts

What's the tech level we're working with here?

Pre-world War 1-ish.

So kind of like fairy tail in term of the suppressing the dark guilds ?

What the law system? And species that are allow ?

This is a Fairy Tail Rp. We do Fairy Tail things. Suppressing dark Guilds is a thing we do yes.

As for Law system since the setting is vaguely German/Italian, it's going to be Civil Law + whatever comes to mind. Possibly involving a lot more harsh punishments and stuff dealing with magic.

Species wise only humans are open to play. 

Chizzy

Chizzy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts

Spoiler

Edited by Chorong, 01 July 2014 - 09:41 PM.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

@Vaf: How many peeps are you looking at for joining this ride? Does this require a pre-knowledge of aforementioned Manga? Would it be fine if one doesn't know much of the mechanincs in the manga?

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Vafhudr

Vafhudr

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts

1) Unlimited.

2) No. A useful point of reference but you should be able to rp this without having ever looked at the cover.

3) Should't be a problem. I'll set out all you need to know in the ooc and whatever is unclear I am here to clarify.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

1) Unlimited.

2) No. A useful point of reference but you should be able to rp this without having ever looked at the cover.

3) Should't be a problem. I'll set out all you need to know in the ooc and whatever is unclear I am here to clarify.

1) Woah

2)Thanks

3) Thanks again.

Also on another note, What system are you basing the spell and Magic structure. d20? WoW? or the ones in Manga?

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Vafhudr

Vafhudr

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts

There's not actually a standardized magic form. It's heavily personalized. It's your magic. It's your style. You can draw from different sources to make up the magic you want. 

Just remember that the mana you use comes from your body and from the external environment. Some styles favour the mana in your body, others favour environmental mana. 

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

There's not actually a standardized magic form. It's heavily personalized. It's your magic. It's your style. You can draw from different sources to make up the magic you want. 

Just remember that the mana you use comes from your body and from the external environment. Some styles favour the mana in your body, others favour environmental mana. 

okay thanks for the heads up.

Another Question. Are we allowed to have passives?

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Vafhudr

Vafhudr

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts

In theory, yes. I cannot comment further until you provide me a sample. 

ANIMA

ANIMA

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationAbsurdistan

Can I come from Byzance? 

jhdesg.gif

Vafhudr

Vafhudr

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts

Yes.

I'll put up the detail for each land soon enough.

But Byzance is a mix of the Byzantine and China, a place with a strong emphasis on station, cosmic order, bureaucracy and so on. 

ANIMA

ANIMA

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationAbsurdistan

Can I have Light from Lion as my magic here?

jhdesg.gif

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

In theory, yes. I cannot comment further until you provide me a sample. 

Example:

Shadow's Embrace (Passive) [40]: provides a +1 boost to Agility to all the party members that are allies of ~insert DR's Character~ {Max Limit to the party: 4} |Not applicable to those with Light affinity|

Something of this sort^^

Or

Baal's Blessing (Passive) [60]: A +2 Boost to Magic for those efficient in the use of Flame whether Elemental or Divine, in ~insert DR's Char~ party. {Max Limit: Self + 1} | With two flamers in the party, the Elemental type gains prefernce|

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Vafhudr

Vafhudr

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts

Oh.

Uhm. 

Don't waste your time with that, really. The stats are only there for a benchmark. 

Also that description does not actually tell me what's going on there. 

A better way to word that would be let's say...

Wind Elemental Manipulation [500]

- Ability: DR can use her mastery over the wind to grant to her companion swift shoes made of wind, granting them greater speed and agility, at the risk of greater injury if they smash into things.

For instance.