Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

'in the zone'

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

yappa

yappa

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

So I have been wondering, I can understand that the readers can see people enter the zone through the white lines that come out of their eyes, but how exactly is there any indication for the players? As soon as one person enters the zone, everyone thinks, yep, that guy has entered the zone. I can understand the generation of miracles as well as kagami and the serien coach know when people in the zone, but what methods do other people use to know?

This recent chapter makes me think was akashi the one who triggered everyone to become 'the generation of miracles (the sudden increase of abilities within the second->third year i think, not quite sure when their abilities started to bloom) like how his 'special generation of miracles ability' allows everyone else on his team to enter the zone.

Agger5

Agger5

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I'm guessing that people can actually see the lines that come out of their eyes because the moment somebody gets in the zone, everyone goes "He's in the zone!!". I mean, this manga doesn't even make sense anymore. The author said that he wanted to make the abilities within the limits of physics but Akashi's power is totally magic. -__-

Shem

Shem

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts

If you have ever played basketball (or any sport) against someone who is "in the zone", then you just know from looking at them. They move differently. It's the same as a player having "presence". Such a thing is completely realistic, just exaggerated for the manga. Akashi's new "power" isn't: make everyone generation of miracles level. It is simply the exaggeration of a Point Guard Floor General at his peak. Akashi's own style of play is now bringing out the strongest in his team. Yes, it's still an exaggeration but its based in a common basketball ability. 

Syaoran05

Syaoran05

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

It's pretty much what Shem said. It's the same concept as sensing 'danger' or 'killing intent'. It probably works differently with everyone too. But if you notice, average fans do not notice the zone. It's only people who have played basketball or are closely linked to the sport in some way. Riko though probably can actually 'see' the zone because of her ability to see how a person's muscles are working so well.