Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

N5 Trail Analysis: Asha Rahiro and Rao Leez

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Those of you who've read my Structure Essay know that I advocate using a 'trail' method. Basically, gather up all the scenes on a topic, and trying to figure out where they're supposed to lead to. It's a simple idea, you just have to start early enough and not miss anything.

I don't think I've seen any of you try to analyze trails since. I am disappoint. D:

One of the most developed trails until now is what happened to Asha and Rao Leez on Carte in N5. So here's the trail gathered up.

I. N5 trail - elements

Vz8WoCgs.png

Anybody thinks any other scene should be included? So basically, all we're left to do is try to figure out the order of those scenes and what they all meant.

II. A few other things that may or may not be part of the trail
  • In ch. 2-20, Claude refers to Asha as an "orphan from Carte, origins unknown." (which means she isn't from some super-known super-elite-household)
  • Asha has knowledge of things that others don't, such as the Chaos clan, things about the creation of the Universe, etc.
  • Asha noted that she doesn't like the Gods.
  • Asha is very much against magic without calculations, and she's also very careful in preserving extra Hoti Vayus.
  • In ch. 2-21, Asha tries to strangle Leez.
  • In ch. 2-24, Asha says: "You'll find that you miss even this 'frigid attitude' of mine... when I am no longer with you." There's a chance she could be speaking from experience (thus talking about her mother)
  • In ch. 2-49, God Kubera says: "If you take after him in your tendency to trust..." (it is all to obvious what choice you will make.) This likely refers to either Rao Leez or Ananta. Both are possible: Claude implied that Leez was like Rao Leez in her tendency to trust, whereas Sagara's flashback noted how Ananta trusted God Kubera but was betrayed.
  • In ch. 2-78, after Leez is possessed by someone, Asha thinks: "Why you? Why you, and not me...?"
  • With the re-translation of ch. 14, we know now that Agni did find the person he was looking for, but she died. This person could be Asha's mother (or someone else on Carte?).
  • Brilith's flashbacks also reveal that for some reason, Agni was not by Jibril's side in N5: Atera was under attack, but there was no way those Sura could have breached the barrier if Agni was around. I doubt Agni left in consideration of Jibril's lifespan, because she died anyway, so he might as well have wiped out the Sura first Before she died. It seems to me that Agni left in a hurry for some reason, and some Sura took this opportunity to attack (why they chose this timing is a mystery) (by the way, it seemed to be mostly Sura from the Asura clan, though it'd be hard to tell Ananta Sura in that crowd)
III. Various theories on Asha

Here's a bunch of possible theories on Asha:
  • Asha and/or her mother were in the same situation as Asha's current targets on Willarv: one of them probably had the Name of a God, so they were living in hiding. This is why Asha's origins were unknown.
  • And/or Asha's mother was special, and involved in this mess in a peculiar way. I think Asha's mother was the person Agni was looking for. Desperate, she tried to summon Agni in N5. However, he arrived too late, and both Asha and the culprit were already gone. Extra: Asha may have resented the fact that the person her mother called didn't show up to save her. This, and what happened with God Kuber and Visnu, led to a general dislike of Gods.
  • Asha's from a different planet. Her attributes may have been different on Carte (I doubt this one though, I think not all of those with the Power of the Name necessarily have the corresponding attributes)
  • Asha's mother herself was either a God or somehow connected to them. This is why Asha has so much unusual knowledge.
  • I suspect Asha's mother may have been cold to Asha. Thus, Asha may have been speaking from experience in ch. 2-24, about missing one's frigid attitude. Because of this though, she probably studied very hard and maybe even ran off to take the magic exams, in hopes of being acknowledged by the mother. Instead she found her mother dead when she returned.
  • If Asha also has the Power of the Name, then perhaps she's actually also capable of magic without calculations. But she may have made a mistake because of that (the mistake Rao Leez is referring to in ch. 2-89?)
  • Preserving Hoti Vayus seems to be a best-practice in the magician community, but Asha may have been in a situation, or seen someone in a situation (maybe even Rao himself?) where that someone ran out of Hoti Vayus and met a bad fate because of that.
IV. Various theories on Rao Leez

Here's a bunch of possible theories on Rao Leez:
  • Rao Leez already knew about the whole thing about the Power of the Name as he left for Carte. That was part of his mission. By stopping whatever was happening on Carte, he hoped to prevent Willarv from becoming the next target, thus protecting his wife and child (why else would he do something as douche-y as leaving behind his pregnant wife?). Well, he failed.
  • The Cataclysm started when he was on Carte... is it bad timing, or did something happen in connection to it?
  • Vayu made Rao a weapon, so Vayu was probably involved. Others don't seem to know that the Neutral Bow belonged to Rao though, so Vayu may have made him the bow when they were on the way to Willarv. Vayu could have been occupied with moving the ship and couldn't fight because of it.
  • We know how the Neutral Bow works now. Since the Neutral Bow made a huge crater upon landing, Rao Leez had probably powered up the Neutral Bow to great extent in order to defeat his opponent. It isn't clear who this opponent could be yet.
  • The trail left by the Neutral Bow looks a bit like the gate to the Sura realm. Not sure if it could mean anything.
V. Trail sequence

Now, puzzling out the sequence of events:
  • Asha may have gone to take the Magic exams some time in N5 to make her mother proud. (ch. 94)
  • However, she returned to find that God Kubera had killed her. She may have gotten her arm cut off at this point. Not sure either way. (ch. 2-21)
  • God Kubera left her alone, but Asha, alone and miserable, swore revenge. At that point, I think a massive war was occurring on Carte. (ch. 2-21, ch. 4, ch. 42)
  • Agni may have arrived late and such. Upon finding the person he was looking for dead, he probably lost control and finally killed off Jibril, who had just repelled the Sura. Obviously, he couldn't stay around long after that. One of the people here suggested that he might have been responsible for blowing up Carte that moment. D: (I don't really think so, because of timing issues, but who knows? He could have also realized that she died if he was in fact summoned by her, but the summoning ceased, which told him that she died)
  • Visnu came to Asha and allowed her to borrow his magic. Shuri is also with him: we know she left with him during the Cataclysm, and I suspect that's her in ch. 91.
  • After this, Asha found herself wandering alone on Carte, struggling to survive (ch. 2-85). Eventually Rao Leez came across her and took her in. (ch. 2-80)
  • Rao Leez eventually realized that Asha was living for revenge, and told her that he lived for the living (ch. 91). As a talkative dad, he must have told her all about his daughter too (not that he had much to say...).
  • Finally the situation became critical. Rao Leez took Asha and the other survivors, summoned Vayu and departed for Willarv (ch. 64). Rao knew that this desperate move meant that he won't survive the trip, causing him to cry in regret for never being able to see his wife again and never seeing his daughter.(ch. 2-11)
  • On the way, they were probably still followed/attacked. Vayu was occupied, so he made Rao Leez the Neutral Bow. Asha saw the process. Rao Leez left the ship for defense (Bhavati Vayu may have allowed him to survive outer space). Using his remaining vigor, he gathered up one large attack, but he died and the Neutral Bow fell to the surface of Willarv, destroying the surrounding forest (ch. 2-16). The trail left by the Neutral Bow also looked like a portal to the Sura realm, but it isn't clear if that is involved.
In the above, the order of several items could be very different:
  • Asha could have taken the magic exams after being found by Rao Leez, as she was in a hurry to become more powerful.
  • If she was aware of the Power of the Name business, she may have started killing off others with the Power of the Name to gain her own power-ups on Carte.
  • Vayu could have made Rao the Neutral Bow much earlier too.
  • I'm also not sure when and through whom Asha learned about everything that is going on. It could be her mother, it could be God Kubera, it could be Visnu. Depending on who told her, her information could be skewed in all sorts of ways.
Also, there's the question of:
  • Who told Rao to name his daughter Kubera. It could be Visnu, or it could be God Kubera himself (hence the part about trusting).
  • Ch. 64 mentioned that all interplanetary communications had been lost. If that was ever since N0, then whoever informed Rao did so when Rao was still on Willarv.
  • Notice that the ages of Asha's victims ranged between children (the silhouette being decapitated by Asha when Riche was confronting Asha) or adults (according to the files). So, not all of them are the same age. However, all of them were hiding. So the question is: who is directing all this continued cover-up? Though, someone may have informed the parents years in advance.
So? Does anyone have alternative interpretations of what happened in N5?

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

popabogdan

popabogdan

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • LocationBucharest,Romania

@ One of ur theories. You said that Asha's mother could be a god or someone connected to them, I don't really deny this, but I doubt that's the reason Asha knows so much. It's most probably Visnu that got her that information. The reason why I believe it was Visnu is because when Kasak told Shess why he's not afraid of Agni's insight(as in Agni seeing the things that Kasak doesn't want anyone to know), Shess notes that Visnu took special care of his piece. This should apply in Asha's case too.

TERO

TERO

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts

I haven't read the structure essay, but the trail you collected for Asha and Rao is pretty neat!

I think Asha's mother was the person Agni was looking for. Desperate, she tried to summon Agni in N5. However, he arrived too late, and both Asha and the culprit were already gone. Extra: Asha may have resented the fact that the person her mother called didn't show up to save her. This, and what happened with God Kubera and Visnu, led to a general dislike of Gods.

I think this is likely. Although, since Asha dislikes Gods, I wonder if she ever tried using transcendentals? (Probably failed, I guess... Or can you have only one or the other, divine affinity or transcendental power?)

I hope there is a whole arc that just reveals everything.

@ One of ur theories. You said that Asha's mother could be a god or someone connected to them, I don't really deny this, but I doubt that's the reason Asha knows so much. It's most probably Visnu that got her that information. The reason why I believe it was Visnu is because when Kasak told Shess why he's not afraid of Agni's insight(as in Agni seeing the things that Kasak doesn't want anyone to know), Shess notes that Visnu took special care of his piece. This should apply in Asha's case too.

Why do you think Visnu's "insight protection" should also apply to Asha? Because Visnu let her borrow his powers? But I agree with you that Visnu was probably the one who spilled the beans to Asha. He probably gave her some hints at least, and she researched it and found all sorts of heresy.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

Huh, you guys are right, it could have been Visnu who spilled information to her, or at least pointed her towards the right direction. But yeah, Visnu must have ensured that insight can't be properly used on Asha.

I tend to think that Asha had unusual access to knowledge beforehand, because she took the magic exams on Carte in N5. She doesn't seem to come from some well-known magician household, so the fact she had access to enough information to take the magic exams so early was strange. She was only 10. But yeah, it's possible that this, and the heretical information she also has access to, came from separate sources.

As for Asha and transcendentals... I have no idea actually. xD

I think we'll learn plenty more about Asha before Season 2 ends, Currygom confirmed that it isn't just 100 chapters...

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,

popabogdan

popabogdan

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 330 posts

I just readed the chapter when Yuta eats Asha's hand and I just thought.

Before he does Asha gives him some God's Blood and after that Yuta smiles and bites Asha's hand. That smile kinda made me thought that in Yuta's mind after he tasted the god's blood(Which probably has better taste than Sura meat by what Asha said) he kinda wanted more and then attacked Asha. It might be that Asha also has god blood(Thus demi god).

Although this is going more to a theory since Yuta could've been just hungry and wanted to eat everything around lol XD

Oh and I posted this in another topic and I thought I should put it there:

Now I realised, in S2Ch7 in Asha's profile it is said that she was transferred in N5(And I guess transferred meant moved to Willarv). Maybe she was actually in the very same transport ship as Rao.

Edited by popabogdan, 18 June 2014 - 06:25 PM.

TERO

TERO

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts

Here's how I think the events go (mostly from what we know):

D500 - Planet Carte is the Gandharva clan stronghold. (s2-ch55)

- Several conflicts happening:

--- Gods vs. Ananta (stronghold: Sura realm), Vritra (lazy back-up). Gods Kubera, Indra(?), and Varuna(?) are trying to kill Ananta. (s2-ch55) Also seems Kali / the Chaos clan is in on the attack too. (ch77)

--- Garuda, Yaksha vs. Asura.

--- Gandharva pacifist policy by Menaka.

--- Kinnara internal struggle (power of the name).

D996 - Asha is born on Carte. (s2-ch13, or calculate N15 - 20 years)

D1000 - Rao leaves for Carte on a dangerous mission. (D1000 = N0, ch60; Rao left before the Cataclysm, though.)

N0 - Asha is 5 years old. Leez is born. Cataclysm.

- Planets being destroyed. Gods and Superior sura fighting in space. (ch60)

- Emotional Resonance makes Halfs crazy and a lot of people die.

- Superior sura confined to Sura realm.

- Links with gods severed; only 11 links remain. (ch6, 12 month gods - Kali, Visnu, Shiva (last 2 replaced by Asvins, Marut))

N? - Asha studies for and possibly tries to take the Carte magic exam. (I don't think Ran's thoughts are saying Asha took the exam in N5 or that Asha took the exam at all (ch94). So Asha might have tried to take, or took, the Carte magic exam before and up to N5, but I don't think there's enough information to say when or if she actually took it.)

N5 - Asha is 10 years old. Disaster on Carte. Asha's mother dies. Asha swears revenge.

- Chaos clan attacks Gandharva clan in Sura realm. (s2-ch58, 59)

- Asha traded her right arm for power. (s2-ch21, Asha may be talking to someone else and not God Kubera, dunno who)

- Asha fights for survival. (s2-ch85, Asha's stabbing an eye of a Chaos sura? Seems her right arm's already gone/useless.)

- Visnu appears before Asha.

- Rao and Asha meet.

- Rao comforts Asha when she makes a mistake. (s2-ch89, theory going around: a magic accident by not using calculations)

- Rao tells Asha about Leez. Probably asks Asha to be her friend if they should meet.

- Rao tells Asha she lives for the dead while he lives for the living. (ch91)

- Asha transfers to Willarv. Carte is destroyed.

- Rao regrets.

- Neutral Bow drops to Willarv.

- Rao disappears.

EDIT: added some additional info and changed some info

Edited by TERO, 24 June 2014 - 06:47 AM.

popabogdan

popabogdan

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 330 posts

Only got 1 question. Is there any situation where Asha herselfs tells something about Carte?(Except when she talks with Ran in Water Channels, seen that but didn't really helped me in my theory XD)

Horseshoe Crab

Horseshoe Crab

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 551 posts

D??? - Rao leaves for Carte on a dangerous mission.

If he already knew his wife was pregnant when he left, then that would be D1000/N0, unless human pregnancies are longer than 11 months on Willarv (I guess we don't know for sure, though).

Giantess

Giantess

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 417 posts
  • LocationOn top!

I'm still extremely dubious over how frequently people invoke the Power of the Name in their theories -- theories that assume that Asha might hold some name, say.  Obviously there were a lot of candidates who Asha killed, but I think it's a bit of a "when you have a hammer, every problem looks like a nail" sort of thing -- I don't think we have any indication that it could cause your Divine Affinity to increase, for instance; everything we've seen so far indicates the opposite.

Also, Asha met Agni early on the the story.  Presumably she recognized him, given the cold way she responded, but it's not completely clear.  Agni clearly did not recognize Asha, though he was extremely bothered by her; he also saw something completely bizarre when he used Insight on her.  Also, remember that Insight normally allows her to read her mind -- it's unclear if he was able to get a reading on her or not beyond her bizarre future.

(Keep in mind, Agni seems to know about Leez' true name; he was surprised that a random girl he met had such an overwhelming future, but he didn't see it as utterly bizarre and inexplicable the way he did with his insight on Asha.  This implies that there is something weird about Asha that isn't directly related to the Power of the Name.  Of course, it could be that she's abusing Hoti Visnu, making the whole concept of her future a bit complicated, but presumably Agni would have encountered that spell back when it was more widely available.  Likewise, I don't think it's just the time she spent talking to Visnu -- he doesn't respond the same way to Kasak, for instance.)

Edited by Giantess, 19 June 2014 - 08:55 PM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

TERO: Seems about right.

Giantess does make a good point. Asha herself doesn't necessarily have a Name or anything like that, it could be an entirely different mechanism.

As for her Divine Affinity though, whether or not she is connected to the Power of the Name, I do think her Divine Affinity is due to something else, something that Claude can notice just by looking at Asha. Is it something to do with her lifespan? Something else? Can't tell. But yes, you're right, Agni was more surprised by Asha than by Leez. That's pretty strange.

popabogdan: apart from that part, Asha never talked about Carte herself. You could see it this way: she isn't the type to talk about herself. xP

3492bk6.jpg

dondara

dondara

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 532 posts

Her divine affinity is all due to God Kubera granting her power IMO. 

Visnu made it so that they can't use insight on her IMO.

^ About Claude, I was also curious about how he noticed that right away (Asha's divine affinity, having Hoti Visnu in her repertoire), and how he noticed who Leez was (when Yuta and her arrive at the Temple of Earth gardens). He said, "Found ya...". I think he has some type of insight (apart from the ability to see death). It's also curious how that person at the Chaos temple pointed out something like this ,"you can't avoid making a fool's errands once in a while (Teo wasn't there so Claude couldn't see her), it's not like you're a God or see the future (something like that)". Then, you see Claude and it's pretty much implying he can see the future or again like I said, has some type of weak insight (in comparison the the God's).

popabogdan

popabogdan

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 330 posts

As for her Divine Affinity though, whether or not she is connected to the Power of the Name, I do think her Divine Affinity is due to something else, something that Claude can notice just by looking at Asha. Is it something to do with her lifespan? Something else? Can't tell. But yes, you're right, Agni was more surprised by Asha than by Leez. That's pretty strange.

Theory:

Asha in despair over power used Idha Etu without mentioning any god. Visnu heard her by chance and decided to help her XD And this way Claude can notice her life spawn being abnormal.