Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[SPOILERS] Current Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

Gnocchos

Gnocchos

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

and What do you mean?

When the artist draws Yumeko's blazer, the blazer goes under the boobs to emphasise their shape. Basic clothing physics don't work that way, unless she's tucked her blazer and her blouse underneath her bra, which wouldn't work. Dunno why, but it's always been a pet peeve of mine when it comes to comic artists and mangaka drawing blazers. I guess because I'm a sucker for formal attire, so seeing it drawn incorrectly prevents me from enjoying the aesthetic. :P

Really love the art otherwise, though. Can be a bit exaggerated, but I like the contrast between the normal cutesy style and the detailed "getting off on gambling" style.

Gala Lion

Gala Lion

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 231 posts

When the artist draws Yumeko's blazer, the blazer goes under the boobs to emphasise their shape. Basic clothing physics don't work that way, unless she's tucked her blazer and her blouse underneath her bra, which wouldn't work. Dunno why, but it's always been a pet peeve of mine when it comes to comic artists and mangaka drawing blazers. I guess because I'm a sucker for formal attire, so seeing it drawn incorrectly prevents me from enjoying the aesthetic. :P

Really love the art otherwise, though. Can be a bit exaggerated, but I like the contrast between the normal cutesy style and the detailed "getting off on gambling" style.

Oh haha I never look at that sort of small detail but nice catch!

Yep the writer sure chose the right artist for the series I don't think this series would be that great if the art was bellow average.

so are you caught with the latest chapter? xD

sPYGmxY.jpg?1YXp8ZDc.jpg?1

Kakegurui Official Facebook Fan Page click on the images if you want to LIKE!

Gnocchos

Gnocchos

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Oh haha I never look at that sort of small detail but nice catch!

Yep the writer sure chose the right artist for the series I don't think this series would be that great if the art was bellow average.

so are you caught with the latest chapter? xD

Whenever art is as nice as this, I like looking at it in detail. Plus, I've been playing a lot of FromSoftware games recently, and they encourage a lot of in-depth analysis of area design and stuff.

And no, I'm not yet! I've just hit chapter 11, since I only started reading yesterday. I've got a deadline for some historical commentaries in 2 days, so I've taken a break, but I'm super excited to read some more. It reminds me a little bit of Liar Game, although it's not as life-or-death. :P

Gala Lion

Gala Lion

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 231 posts

Whenever art is as nice as this, I like looking at it in detail. Plus, I've been playing a lot of FromSoftware games recently, and they encourage a lot of in-depth analysis of area design and stuff.

And no, I'm not yet! I've just hit chapter 11, since I only started reading yesterday. I've got a deadline for some historical commentaries in 2 days, so I've taken a break, but I'm super excited to read some more. It reminds me a little bit of Liar Game, although it's not as life-or-death. :P

ah I see nice!

and it will be soon from this point it will only get better and better and you will encounter twists and a lot of cliffhangers :D

So who is your favored character so far?

Gnocchos

Gnocchos

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

So who is your favored character so far?

Probably Saotome, actually! I really have a thing for the overly smug characters. I do love Yumeko as well, even if she is a total psycho. ^_^

Gala Lion

Gala Lion

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 231 posts

Probably Saotome, actually! I really have a thing for the overly smug characters. I do love Yumeko as well, even if she is a total psycho. ^_^

So is Mary though don't be fooled by her Tsun side she is a total sadist her self :D

Edited by Gala Lion, 29 April 2016 - 04:56 PM.

Gnocchos

Gnocchos

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

So is Mary though don't be fooled by her Tsun side she is a total sadist her self :D

Aw, bless. They can be cute psychos together! #twinnies

Man, this is just making me more excited to read.

Gala Lion

Gala Lion

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 231 posts

Aw, bless. They can be cute psychos together! #twinnies

Man, this is just making me more excited to read.

Right? waiting for there dojins to show up xDD

haha If only Yen or a fangroup translated Twin then it would be perfect xD

Gala Lion

Gala Lion

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 231 posts

Meh a very short chapter this monh with a 2 days delay great..

http://www.hachettebookgroup.com/titles/none/kakegurui-compulsive-gambler-chapter-28/9780316274913/?yen

Gala Lion

Gala Lion

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 231 posts

Anyone else read Chapter 28?

The president litterly confessed her love to Yumeko and the Secretary girl who was in love with her got rejected and now wants to play against Yumeko poor thing. your to innocent to win against people like Yumeko :D

SAliburty

SAliburty

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts
The president litterly confessed her love to Yumeko and the Secretary girl who was in love with her got rejected and now wants to play against Yumeko poor thing. your to innocent to win against people like Yumeko

Poor Sayaka, dumped in that tragic way . . . :(

What about Yumeko? How did she respond?

Now that I think about it the 6th volume would probably center about love. That likely means that we would get an information about the person whom Yumeko loves romantically (Mary is the most likely choice). I'm already hooked up :)!

Edited by SAliburty, 23 May 2016 - 07:11 PM.

Gala Lion

Gala Lion

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 231 posts

She was like bring it on <3

Wonder who'l be on the 6.vol cover love where the volume puzzles are going :3

13221042_1213268082040675_48338797191654

Gala Lion

Gala Lion

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 231 posts

Aisaka Yuuka possibly voicing Mary? I looked her previous roles and she could be her seryu in future what do you guys think?

She is also reading the series!

https://twitter.com/yuuka_aisaka/status/735889259035394049

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

If being a "pet"/slave means you have to do exactly as others say, including giving them money, how could anyone possibly escape it?

http://vatoto.com/reader#c058fec07c6d004f_43

This whole life plan thing, they couldn't possibly force someone to marry someone else.  But setting that aside, how could they manage the other stuff, they decide what bills to pass? What children will or will not be had?  What if one of them has a heart attack before this plan happens, they have power over life itself to prevent this? Even saying whether she will be happy or not.  If they got this much power, why not just rule as kings and queens, tax everyone in the world and not bother with some school.

Gala Lion

Gala Lion

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 231 posts

Just saw chapter 29 will have only 22 pages T_T

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Wow, I wasn't sure chapter 29 was ever going to come out D:

Good stuff though, yet another "bet it all" matchup coming :D

Tn7HA0h.png

Gala Lion

Gala Lion

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 231 posts

Yeah wonder when the president will gamble Yumeko :D

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Huh, first time I've noticed them making the best seller list, coming in at #8 with volume 6, good for them...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-01/japanese-comic-ranking-february-20-26/.112855

Tn7HA0h.png

Gala Lion

Gala Lion

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 231 posts

First time deloka?  look bellow news. 

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/manga.php?id=17294

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-13/kakegurui-compulsive-gambler-anime-promo-video-streamed/.113344

Edited by svines85, 14 March 2017 - 04:25 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png