Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Kotori and teleporation

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

You know how the harnessed isn't affected by magic? Then how come Kotori's teleport/switch magic works on magic users (cause the harnessed is teleported along with the magic user)

I'll give you another strong example to go with it. The first powerful magic user introduced, Saori, who's able to use slashing magic and time manipulation magic. She reversed time after her heart got stabbed. Her body went back to normal but the harnessed hung up, the time magic didn't affect it.

For those who read Index, it's similar to how Touma's imagine breaker in his right hand prevents Kuroko's teleport working on him.

Edited by Saphsin, 07 June 2014 - 04:38 PM.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

Fortis9001

Fortis9001

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

Despite its power negation (and, I suspect, force field) barrier I'd assume that powers can still affect a harness indirectly: one could "grab" and move around a magic user with a telekinesis type power and their harness would naturally move with them (unless one tried to grab them only by the harness itself, in which case the power wouldn't work).

So if teleportation in this setting works as movement through a higher dimension then it may be the same case as for the example above. Or perhaps the harness doesn't interfere with harmless teleport powers - teleportation seems to be one of the common powers, so there might be an exception for it.

As for Saori, that should be easy enough to understand after ch74 - do recall that she kept her memories of the future she rewound, whereas no other magic user in the world kept theirs.

Anyway, in a story that features magic it's not that strange to find stuff that doesn't make sense. You don't need to be a physics major to know that a black hole doesn't work quite as portrayed here, and don't even get me started on the hacking showdown.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

Despite its power negation (and, I suspect, force field) barrier I'd assume that powers can still affect a harness indirectly: one could "grab" and move around a magic user with a telekinesis type power and their harness would naturally move with them (unless one tried to grab them only by the harness itself, in which case the power wouldn't work).

So if teleportation in this setting works as movement through a higher dimension then it may be the same case as for the example above. Or perhaps the harness doesn't interfere with harmless teleport powers - teleportation seems to be one of the common powers, so there might be an exception for it.

As for Saori, that should be easy enough to understand after ch74 - do recall that she kept her memories of the future she rewound, whereas no other magic user in the world kept theirs.

Anyway, in a story that features magic it's not that strange to find stuff that doesn't make sense. You don't need to be a physics major to know that a black hole doesn't work quite as portrayed here, and don't even get me started on the hacking showdown.

Thank you for your reply. I'll talk about the first half with what you say and then the 2nd.

1. I agree with powers being able to affect a harness indirectly with telekinesis. However, the statement you presented after this did not suggest in anyway that teleportation may be similar to this. The power of teleportation has been shown and implied to teleport all the particles of the body and at the same time the harness.

I'm not sure what you mean teleportation bypasses the harnessed's effects because it's considered "harmless" It's not as if it distinguishes between types of magic being harmless or not as if it was conscious.

Also here it says that all types of magic can not affect the harness (http://vatoto.com/read/_/89748/gokukoku-no-brynhildr_ch7_by_trinity-bakuma/9) Considering the context of the translation, I think it's likely to be accurate.

Of course Kana could be wrong, but I see no reason why some types of magic are factored out. Unless you can provide a reason that convinces me.

2. The black hole in the series ignored real life features definitely. A black hole that's REALLY that size probably would've destroyed the whole planet, or at least absorbed everything within its vicinity (the town) instantly.

But that's kind of different from what I'm talking about right here. There's a difference between fictional distortion of real life features and contradictions in the logic or principles put in place of the setting (what we would call a plot hole) For instance, Kizaru in One Piece moves rather slowly for someone who's supposed to travel at the speed of light but one wouldn't call it a plot hole. But for instance, if Haki could not allow touch Kizaru in his logia state, then that would be a plot hole, because of the principles laid out in the setting. You can't say there is no plot hole by saying that the One Piece world has strong fictional and unrealistic elements. I think it's similar to what we're talking about here. No matter how fictional or unrealistic magic may be in Brynhildr, the label of plot hole is unavoidable.

As for Saori I stand corrected, I think, I'm not sure. I checked and Murakami does say that Saori's memories should remain. I also skimmed ch 74 after you mentioned it and I'm not sure how it's relevant to the issue.

Edited by Saphsin, 08 June 2014 - 03:34 AM.

Fortis9001

Fortis9001

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

What I meant is that this may not be the standard sci-fi type teleportation which destroys the body and reconstructs it elsewhere, but instead shoves the whole body to a different location through a higher dimensional wormhole.

As for the magic negation, the witch hunter's ability (which works by the same principle) filters which "types" of powers are permitted to work. So the harness could technically ignore teleportation powers by default, though I'm not sure why it would.

I mentioned ch74 because it tells us where a witch's memories are actually stored. One could say the time manipulation effect in Saori's case was actually restricted to the inside of her own harness. What she did is the equivalent of sending her memories back a minute into the past - which I presume is what her power did.

2. I usually consider stuff that doesn't make sense to be plot holes. You're distinguishing between plot holes and unrealistic settings, but when you consider the various implications of unrealistic setting elements you run into contradicitons fast. I haven't read One Piece, but if the speed of light is slower, this has implications. While you'd probably need a physicist to give you a full list, you don't need to be one to know that an attack delivered to you at the speed of light can't be seen before it hits you. So if someone in the story does at some point, that constitutes a plot hole immediately. More interestingly, with a lower speed of light you should be able to see into the past by using binoculars at a high vantage point (also, you'd have shorter nights). These are the sorts of implications story writers usually don't consider (as they themselves are not physicists), and in an unrealistic setting there's usually so many contradictions stemming from things like that that it would be futile to even try listing them all. Most people don't have the background to notice most of them, though (e.g. a physicist still won't notice what a psychologist would consider an obvious plot hole), and even when they do it's something one learns to overlook for the sake of a story.

ALAKTORN

ALAKTORN

Fingerling Potato

• Chocolat Vanilla
  • 71 posts

(http://vatoto.com/read/_/89748/gokukoku-no-brynhildr_ch7_by_trinity-bakuma/9)

Reading that again, that last panel bothers me… both Kana and Kazumi knew what the third button did (for at least Kana, and Kana knew for Neko too I think), of course the one saying it there is Neko who didn’t know what it does, but it’s still lame that she speaks for everybody when 2 of the 3 girls present actually knew something about it.

Edited by ALAKTORN, 08 June 2014 - 01:45 PM.

Niernen

Niernen

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

If teleportation did not "affect" the harness, then magic users that were teleported would have a huge hole in their neck and probably lose their human body. Besides, its magic, and its not like they have to have an explanation for everything. Her teleport also destroys energy, since Murakami's kinetic energy from falling was destroyed. That already goes against the first law of thermodynamics. Simply put, its magic. Also, its more likely that they meant that harnesses can not be harmed, destroyed, or tampered with by the means of magic. So a telekinetic user couldn't push the button and eject someone, but they could possibly toss a stone at the button and eject them. But again, its magic, it doesn't always have the most concrete rules.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
What I meant is that this may not be the standard sci-fi type teleportation which destroys the body and reconstructs it elsewhere, but instead shoves the whole body to a different location through a higher dimensional wormhole.

That does seem like a possibility, but that seems unlikely to be case. Just from visual effects, it doesn't seem like it's that kind of teleportation. I don't mean that it doesn't follow some kind of vague wormhole physics, but that it's the type of wormhole where the body is sent through without affecting the harness directly, as if the harness isn't directly moved by the teleportation spell and simply moves along the body. It appears most likely that the harness either "disintegrates and forms together" or "the particles reposition in space" or "the particles are accelerated" (most importantly: all by themselves without considering the movement of the body itself. The effect of teleportation affected each point in space including the harness)

I would never be complaining if that's how it appeared to be in the manga.

For instance this scene: http://vatoto.com/read/_/110078/gokukoku-no-brynhildr_ch18_by_trinity-bakuma/16

Kotori switched positions from her hand being tied to a pole with the magic user who had both her hands tying Neko to the ground. The end result makes it so that Kotori has both her hands tying Neko to the ground. This is a clear example of particle rearrangement, and I don't mean just visually. If it was simply changing positions through going through a wormhole, Kotori would've had her hands and arms in a position as if it was tied to a pole on top of Neko.

As for the magic negation, the witch hunter's ability (which works by the same principle) filters which "types" of powers are permitted to work. So the harness could technically ignore teleportation powers by default, though I'm not sure why it would.

Yes, that's why it's arbitrary. Being arbitrary is a factor of what considers certain elements to be plot holes.

I mentioned ch74 because it tells us where a witch's memories are actually stored. One could say the time manipulation effect in Saori's case was actually restricted to the inside of her own harness. What she did is the equivalent of sending her memories back a minute into the past - which I presume is what her power did.

hmm interesting point. The memories are in the drasil/harness so if what I said was right, then the time reversal magic didn't affect the harness which means that it didn't affect Saori's memories. But then if that's the case, how come it affects other magic user's memories?

Also I think what you said is factually wrong. In my first post, I mentioned how the magic reversal also failed to affect the external part of the harness. That's why the harness hung up and one of the buttons were pushed once the magic ran out. So it's not just the internal part of the harness that the magic failed to affect.

2. I usually consider stuff that doesn't make sense to be plot holes. You're distinguishing between plot holes and unrealistic settings, but when you consider the various implications of unrealistic setting elements you run into contradicitons fast. I haven't read One Piece, but if the speed of light is slower, this has implications. While you'd probably need a physicist to give you a full list, you don't need to be one to know that an attack delivered to you at the speed of light can't be seen before it hits you. So if someone in the story does at some point, that constitutes a plot hole immediately. More interestingly, with a lower speed of light you should be able to see into the past by using binoculars at a high vantage point (also, you'd have shorter nights). These are the sorts of implications story writers usually don't consider (as they themselves are not physicists), and in an unrealistic setting there's usually so many contradictions stemming from things like that that it would be futile to even try listing them all. Most people don't have the background to notice most of them, though (e.g. a physicist still won't notice what a psychologist would consider an obvious plot hole), and even when they do it's something one learns to overlook for the sake of a story.

Yes I agree with that. Plot holes tend to appear a lot more frequently the more fictional elements get tied into the storyline. The reason why I made that distinction was to say that there's a difference between a supposed impossible/unrealistic event and an event that contradicts the logic of the setting in place. If the primary definition of plot holes involved the first one, then everything concerning spirits/magic should be considered a plot hole with enough scrutiny.

If teleportation did not "affect" the harness, then magic users that were teleported would have a huge hole in their neck and probably lose their human body.

That's really my point you know.

Besides, its magic, and its not like they have to have an explanation for everything.

That's a pathetic excuse for creating a fictional world. The whole point is to provide a background to show how the world functions, even if they are loose rules. And the author technically did, it's just that there's some inconsistencies that I pointed out.

Her teleport also destroys energy, since Murakami's kinetic energy from falling was destroyed. That already goes against the first law of thermodynamics. Simply put, its magic.

That may or may not be true. All that has to be the case is that the kinetic energy has to go somewhere, it didn't technically show that it was destroyed.

Also, its more likely that they meant that harnesses can not be harmed, destroyed, or tampered with by the means of magic. So a telekinetic user couldn't push the button and eject someone, but they could possibly toss a stone at the button and eject them.

What the heck, the second example wasn't even magic. Also the translation clearly says "not affected" rather then "damaged" and similar translations appear for the anime. I also discussed with someone who read the Japanese raws and it appears to be the case.

But again, its magic, it doesn't always have the most concrete rules.

No it doesn't, but if there's a rule that says "harnessed can't be affected by magic" I would assume that that rule shouldn't be broken unless for some good reason.

Edited by Saphsin, 08 June 2014 - 10:43 PM.

lastKANASHimi

lastKANASHimi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
I think u r getting abit into semantics if the arguement is based upon whter or not the teleportation is dimensional or matter disintegrating.
Though in my opionion if it was dimensional it would solve most issues u have raised. A door to a different dimension is a door, a gap; if the harness doesnt interact with the magic itself theres no problem. A door with a wooden frame can still be passed with a torch, as long as they dont touch; thats the best analogy I can come up with.

To the point of time turning, if its transmission of future memorries into the past then that could also solve the problem as the magic is then by definition individualistic as u r not really turning back time of everything around u but in essence sending information through time to urself which shouldnt affect anyone else, though ironicly by doing so u could have created a new world as the old world would cease to exist or essentially created a time paradox. Its abit like the whole grandfather thing

Logic can be very easily twisted to meet the needs of the story so its really up to u wheter u suppend ur disbelief at these moments, I find them ok and yes they dont need to fullest explanation and coherence as the laws of that world is up to the author, I mean there are dragons and real magic in other stories. Also like in real life we things we observe are a bit out of order, doesnt mean reality is wrong but just maybe and more likely the way we are thinking bout it

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

I think u r getting abit into semantics if the arguement is based upon whter or not the teleportation is dimensional or matter disintegrating.

Though in my opionion if it was dimensional it would solve most issues u have raised. A door to a different dimension is a door, a gap; if the harness doesnt interact with the magic itself theres no problem. A door with a wooden frame can still be passed with a torch, as long as they dont touch; thats the best analogy I can come up with.

I would never be complaining if that's how it appeared to be in the manga.

For instance this scene: http://vatoto.com/read/_/110078/gokukoku-no-brynhildr_ch18_by_trinity-bakuma/16

Kotori switched positions from her hand being tied to a pole with the magic user who had both her hands tying Neko to the ground. The end result makes it so that Kotori has both her hands tying Neko to the ground. This is a clear example of particle rearrangement, and I don't mean just visually. If it was simply changing positions through going through a wormhole, Kotori would've had her hands and arms in a position as if it was tied to a pole on top of Neko.

To the point of time turning, if its transmission of future memorries into the past then that could also solve the problem as the magic is then by definition individualistic as u r not really turning back time of everything around u but in essence sending information through time to urself which shouldnt affect anyone else, though ironicly by doing so u could have created a new world as the old world would cease to exist or essentially created a time paradox. Its abit like the whole grandfather thing

Um, what the fuck are you talking about.

Fortis9001

Fortis9001

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

I haven't considered the remapping of the body positions... but it's still my headcanon unless the story says otherwise. It wouldn't be the only strange feature of Kotori's teleportation, anyway: there's also the part where she could only swap positions with a biological lifeform. Could both be part of the same self-preservation based limitation.

Then let me explain that again: 

hmm interesting point. The memories are in the drasil/harness so if what I said was right, then the time reversal magic didn't affect the harness which means that it didn't affect Saori's memories. But then if that's the case, how come it affects other magic user's memories?

My point was exactly that the memories of other people weren't changed. The power didn't send everyone else back in time, hence why they couldn't "remember" the future. Only a single drasil sent part of its mental state (its memories) to its past self. There wasn't anything there for the other harnesses to negate.

Also I think what you said is factually wrong. In my first post, I mentioned how the magic reversal also failed to affect the external part of the harness. That's why the harness hung up and one of the buttons were pushed once the magic ran out. So it's not just the internal part of the harness that the magic failed to affect.

It's the drasil that "powers the magic" (including the magic negation barrier). When it gets too exhausted the harness hangs up automatically. In this case, the ability use was obviously draining for the past drasil as well, causing the harness to hang up in the past.

As a side note, it was moronic to eject Saori for using her time manipulation ability. If they never intended for her to use that ability in the first place, then they've effectively sent an A-rank agent rather than an AA-rank.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

I haven't considered the remapping of the body positions... but it's still my headcanon unless the story says otherwise. It wouldn't be the only strange feature of Kotori's teleportation, anyway: there's also the part where she could only swap positions with a biological lifeform. Could both be part of the same self-preservation based limitation.

Well I don't think that part will be explained in the future, though hopefully it will. Neko has a similar limitation too, that she can only break things that aren't alive. Not sure how that works....

My point was exactly that the memories of other people weren't changed. The power didn't send everyone else back in time, hence why they couldn't "remember" the future. Only a single drasil sent part of its mental state (its memories) to its past self. There wasn't anything there for the other harnesses to negate.

I think that's what most people's 1st impressions are of the situation. My take on it is questioning on why the time reversal doesn't affects Saori's harnessed by not everyone else's? The time reversal is a form of magic that manipulates spacetime, just like black holes (which are a distortion of spacetime) which clearly did not affect the harnessed either. So if the memories lie in the harnessed for all magic users, then their memories shouldn't have been touched by the result of magic.

It's the drasil that "powers the magic" (including the magic negation barrier). When it gets too exhausted the harness hangs up automatically. In this case, the ability use was obviously draining for the past drasil as well, causing the harness to hang up in the past.

No that's not the case at all. The only magic that was used to an extent/powerful enough to hung up Saori's harnessed was the time reversal magic. It was clearly not hung up because the past Saori used too much magic. I have no idea how you reached that conclusion. Even if that was the case, it would form a weird time paradox because if the past Saori before using time reversal was exhausted, she would never have been able to use time reversal in the first place.

My point was that if the harnessed was affected by magic (time reversal) then Saori & the harnessed would've reverted back to the state where she never used the magic in the first place.

As a side note, it was moronic to eject Saori for using her time manipulation ability. If they never intended for her to use that ability in the first place, then they've effectively sent an A-rank agent rather than an AA-rank.

I'm not sure if that's a fair criticism, although I do sympathize with your position. Also do realize that they did not factor in the intelligence of Murakami went sending magic users. It's easy to assume that a bunch of B ranked magic users can't do anything.

The difference in rank must've also been due to the strength of the abilities and not just having more than one. I'm not sure if that kind of an outline of the situation works. Even AA+ & AAA rank magic users we've seen were defined by just 1 main ability they use.

Edited by Saphsin, 09 June 2014 - 12:12 AM.

Fortis9001

Fortis9001

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

Well I don't think that part will be explained in the future, though hopefully it will. Neko has a similar limitation too, that she can only break things that aren't alive. Not sure how that works....

It looks pretty much like the Manton effect in the Worm web serial (which is an awesome read, by the way). If Neko's power could affect living things, then she'd have most likely already blown herself up by accident. So it's sort of a precautionary limitation set up to prevent your power from killing you, even though it's very crude and ends up crippling the power's potential. Apparently the powers are easily able to distinguish between living and non-living material, hence why this distinction is used in setting up the limitations. In this story the limitations could have been put in place either by the drasil or by the researchers (3rd button...).

I think that's what most people's 1st impressions are of the situation. My take on it is questioning on why the time reversal doesn't affects Saori's harnessed by not everyone else's? The time reversal is a form of magic that manipulates spacetime, just like black holes (which are a distortion of spacetime) which clearly did not affect the harnessed either. So if the memories lie in the harnessed for all magic users, then their memories shouldn't have been touched by the result of magic.

Your impression is that everything but Saori's harness was affected. My impression is that only Saori's drasil was affected. The end effect is about the same, but if the time manipulation effect was limited to the inside of Saori's harness, that also explains why other harnesses couldn't interfere with it. 

No that's not the case at all. The only magic that was used to an extent/powerful enough to hung up Saori's harnessed was the time reversal magic. It was clearly not hung up because the past Saori used too much magic. I have no idea how you reached that conclusion. Even if that was the case, it would form a weird time paradox because if the past Saori before using time reversal was exhausted, she would never have been able to use time reversal in the first place.

My point was that if the harnessed was affected by magic (time reversal) then Saori & the harnessed would've reverted back to the state where she never used the magic in the first place.

Using the time bridge obviously involved changes to the past. The past drasil had to alter its own memories at the very least, but probably had to expend power for more than just that. Enough of it to hang up every time anyway.

As for time paradoxes, there's no need for them. Depending on the interpretation of time travel changing the past never changes your personal past, so you could go back to the past and kill your grandfather, then simply carry on living in a world where a second you will never be born. Or jump "back" to the future, although it would no longer be the same as the one you came from (since you changed the past). Wouldn't change the fact that you existed, even though the timeline in which you'd been born was erased.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
It looks pretty much like the Manton effect in the Worm web serial (which is an awesome read, by the way). If Neko's power could affect living things, then she'd have most likely already blown herself up by accident. So it's sort of a precautionary limitation set up to prevent your power from killing you, even though it's very crude and ends up crippling the power's potential. Apparently the powers are easily able to distinguish between living and non-living material, hence why this distinction is used in setting up the limitations. In this story the limitations could have been put in place either by the drasil or by the researchers (3rd button...).

Saying that's the reason for Neko's power's limitations is extremely unwarranted. First off, if she can't even control her powers to that degree, she'll be deemed worthless by Vinguld. Magic users are basically disposables, even level B magic users who have been shown to be useful if utilized well by people like Murakami have been initially deemed worthless by the organization and to be exterminated as trash. There is no reason Vinguld would intentionally weaken Neko's ability in order to protect herself. Their purpose is to produce the highest quality magic users that serve to further their purpose.

It doesn't seem like a problem though, because Neko has been shown to be control her powers to the degree that she can target individual oncoming bullets.

Your impression is that everything but Saori's harness was affected. My impression is that only Saori's drasil was affected. The end effect is about the same, but if the time manipulation effect was limited to the inside of Saori's harness, that also explains why other harnesses couldn't interfere with it.

Note the part I bolded and italicized in the quote. That is clearly factually incorrect. In fact it's downright absurd, I have no idea what you're talking about. Time reversed for the whole world, including both Neko & Murakami who died and Saori's body that was about to die. All of those that I mentioned above were affected by time reversal magic but what I bolded out in the quote includes none of these.

The end effect is clearly not the same. There's a huge difference between everything in the surroundings reversing time and one particular object being the only one that experiences time reversal.

Using the time bridge obviously involved changes to the past. The past drasil had to alter its own memories at the very least, but probably had to expend power for more than just that. Enough of it to hang up every time anyway.

You have not provided any reason why this is the case, that the past drasil has changed its memory and condition in response to what happened in the future. It seems pretty arbitrary with how you came up with this.

As for time paradoxes, there's no need for them. Depending on the interpretation of time travel changing the past never changes your personal past, so you could go back to the past and kill your grandfather, then simply carry on living in a world where a second you will never be born. Or jump "back" to the future, although it would no longer be the same as the one you came from (since you changed the past). Wouldn't change the fact that you existed, even though the timeline in which you'd been born was erased.

Time reversal is not the same as time travel. You are providing a strawman argument. If I provided a case that leaves the possibility of parallel timelines/universes to get rid of time paradoxes (which occur with most time travel cases), then you might be making a point but I have not done such a thing. Study the implications of what you're saying and see that it doesn't match what I'm saying.

Edited by Saphsin, 09 June 2014 - 02:27 AM.

Fortis9001

Fortis9001

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

It doesn't seem like a problem though, because Neko has been shown to be control her powers to the degree that she can target individual oncoming bullets.

She also has a tendency to blow up random things whenever she gets flustered.

And~ I'm not sure how many times I'm willing to repeat the same thing: from Saori's viewpoint it looked like time reversed. But from the point of a bystander, Saori suddenly knew what would have happened in the next minute or so - yet won't occur (a second time) since her knowledge of the future (as well as her hanging up) changes the situation.

The explanation of this being a transfer of information into the past fits the facts (other magic users not retaining awareness of the future), while the time reversal explanation doesn't.

Alex Xeno

Alex Xeno

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

first I would like to note that you are seemingly misreading some of the posts. 

The end effect is clearly not the same. There's a huge difference between everything in the surroundings reversing time and one particular object being the only one that experiences time reversal.

Umm.. no. In effect having the Drasil sent back approximilty one minute would also change everything surrounding her because she's BACK IN TIME ONE MINUTE. 

It's not like she's manipulating matter to reset it like it was one minute past, She's manipulating time. To manipulate time you only have to effect yourself to make it take full effect. You wouldn't have to effect anyone else. 

I would presume that the Drasil itself is sending itself back one minute. Also remember that the Harness is protected by the Drasil itself, not the some mechanical source inside of the harness. Also as the Harness is the power source and it's when that power source is exhausted it hang's up. (Example: Valkyrie could detect magic sources, but if they were hung up, forcible or not then she couldn't detect them) 

ALAKTORN

ALAKTORN

Fingerling Potato

• Chocolat Vanilla
  • 71 posts
I’d just like to mention that it’s funny how the OP is so intent on bashing the teleport plot hole, when the manga is choke full of “plot holes” everywhere, lol.

lastKANASHimi

lastKANASHimi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

[size=4][/size

Sorry I didnt articulate that well

Well I think the other guys also said this but basiclly the idea then is that her magic acts more like individual time travel rather then reversing the time around the world.

To outside observers this will feel almost exactly like she had turn back time but the had only send herself back in time instead of like reversing every single moment. I mean in both the anime and the manga we didnt see time move back moment by moment but just a jump of scence so its highly arguable that it operates more like time travel.

I know that even in the manga it says she reverse time but again, to outside observer how can they tell the difference.

U also have made a very good point about Kotori and body position.

And I would like to propose a posible amendment. Lets take that into account then and say that its possible that kotori's teleportation is a result of a combination of the two teleportation.

Lets say that when a switch occurs, what happens is that her body is not disassembled, but in a way "trade" atributes with the switchee and part of these attributes is the position of the body, roughly. This trade would involve changing a certain level of particle arrangement but not much and it would not affect the Harness as it would not be one of the attribute that is traded as it is not affected my magic.

Its just postulation and I know its abit just throw out ideas to see if it fits but it would fix most problems with the teleportation

Again im just gonna say that part of thjs is just personal speculation and interpretation and this will occur alot as there is almost an infinite way of twisting logic to fit the mind's ideas and whether or not u accept this will mostly be based upon the level of disbelief u have of the story.

I mean there are ton of fiction out there where the miniute details of the logic or event would be illogical to us but we mostly accept it because we have an underlying assumption that there is a hidden 'thing' that would resolve that inconsistency and how much u allow it to occur just depends on ur view of the story.

I mean we have to do that in reality as well, rather then saying that an event is illogical we think that its something we missed rahter then the universe missed