Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[RP] City Of Angels

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra

8b7921d0-ebd9-40a3-8f30-9e17987fcb33_zps

“All hope abandon, ye who enter here.”

- Dante Alighieri, Inferno

Chapter 2 – Dies Irae

In 27 BC, the Senate of Rome cemented the power of their first Emperor, Caesar Augustus. His rule established the Pax Romana, a time of peace in an era of war. He was posthumously declared a god, his mode of government inspiring rulers for millennia to come. His death, and his successor’s rise to power, carried on the reign of the Julio-Claudian dynasty, a line of emperors not known for benevolence but brutality, perversion, and madness, despite, or perhaps owing to, roots in the two most powerful families in the empire.

Tiberius, Caligula, and Claudius sealed their names in history with blood and foul desires, and at age sixteen, the final emperor took the throne with poison, and with poison he kept it. Any who challenged Nero’s power did not live to make good on their challenge; his mercy did not even extend to his mother, who fell to the executioner when Nero’s first murder attempt failed. Though most of the Julio-Claudian emperors died under mysterious but suspect circumstances, Nero took his own life. Trapped by rebellion, he pleaded for a warrior to slay him; none answered. A mutinous Senate ordered him publicly beaten to death; Nero, lamenting the world’s loss of an ‘artist’, cut his throat, ending the dynasty on his own dagger.

When he lived, where the other emperors had darkened Rome’s streets, Nero went a further step beyond the pale, and set them ablaze. The Great Fire of Rome devoured the city for five days and nights; some say the first spark had been cast by Nero’s decree, for what reason, none know. And as the fires raged, and the fifth night passed, the fifth and final emperor of the dynasty quietly watched from his palace on the hill, singing to himself, holding his lyre, fiddling while Rome burned.

Day of Wrath! O Day of Mourning!

See Fulfilled the Prophets’ Warning,

Heaven and Earth in Ashes Burning!

Dies Irae

Oh, What Fear Man’s Bosom Rendeth,

When From Heaven the Judge Descendeth,

On Whose Sentence All Dependeth.

Wondrous Sound The Trumpet Flingeth;

Through Earth’s Sepulchers It Ringeth;

All Before the Throne it Bringeth.

---

Edmund Dowd lay down on his cell bench counting the scratches on the ceiling, ignoring the tray of synthetic food that was left inside the small opening in the door. It had been five long years since he had seen the outside.  This prison was called Safety, not because it was a safe place for those who lived there, but because it kept the rest of the world safe from them. The walls of Safety were painted white, perhaps so the prisoners could reflect upon the blank emptiness of their lives there. The cells themselves were completely soundproof so that communication between inmates could be completely shut off. There was nothing but complete silence and empty walls. It was no real wonder why most prisoners went insane after only a few weeks. Dowd passed the time counting the seconds going by. One. Two. Three

The final count was ten thousand, eight hundred and twenty before the wall facing the outside of the building began to crackle. A thin line of smoldering heat had begun to carve a hole there. A moment later, the circle of metal and wires that the space comprised of was pushed in and a young man with fiery red hair and a fierce grin stood in the now open pathway. Following quickly behind him were two more, both of dark complexion and both sporting some rather deep scowls.

“Hey boss,” the man smiled, “Today’s the day!”

“Wrath.” Dowd nodded back in acknowledgement. The outside was a lot…brighter than he remembered. Though perhaps the strong haze of smoke and ember coming from the building being on fire made the experience somewhat atypical.

“We gotta get outta here. Whole building might be coming down.”

The profundity of that statement and the sight of the man smiling there would have been chilling for most. Safety was fifty stories in total, twenty-five high and twenty-five underground – an impenetrable white cage of solitude and oppression. One did not simply burn it to the ground. But Edmund Dowd was not most men. In fact, he might’ve been the most extraordinary man in the whole city.

“Of course. But first you should introduce me to your new friends. I don’t believe we’ve met…” Dowd nodded towards the two standing behind Wrath.

“Oh them. This here is Mister Saul Smith, and over there is the lovely Miss Viska (Just between you and me, I don’t think that’s their real names). They’re um…what’s the word for it. Hired professionals and such. The other members are rather busy with uh...well you know.”

Dowd eyed both of them and gave a congenial smile. Though his voice was soft, he still managed to be heard among the sudden shriek of sirens that echoed through the courtyard. “A pleasure to meet you both. Now lady and gentlemen, let us make our escape from the most heavily guarded facility on the planet.”

Dowd snapped his fingers and all doors of all six hundred prison cells inside Safety opened up at once. SERAPH officers had arrived on the scene in mere minutes, the prison having been located right on their front door after all. Edmund Dowd, more commonly known by his alias, Pride, flashed a bright smile and chaos erupted in the Central District.

---

"What a god damn mess."Simon sighed examining the alleyway from where two of his enforcers had vanished. While there were no bodies present, the signs of struggle were evident. The south side wall was riddled with bullet holes, the same caliber of the weapons their goons carried around. On the ground there were scorch marks and blood - presumably from his guys, though he'd have someone check that out later. 

To Simon's left stood his boss, Dmitri Dragunov the heir to biggest crime syndicate in Arcadia. He wore his face like an iron mask, though whatever thoughts were actually brewing under there Simon knew would be no good. This was the seventh incident this month. Someone was hunting down their guys for...for something. The perpetrator was clearly not right in the head after all. The only clue that he ever left was the same message, scorched into the ground by some sort of laser. The message read - 

ASSIMILATE.

"So boss...what's the plan?" Simon scratched his head, though he already knew the answer to his question. One did not get involved with the Russian mob without shedding some blood.

"Assemble a team. Put Anna in charge. Find whoever's responsible for this. Teach them the price of messing with the Dragunov Family."

---

Olivia crouched down behind the garbage bin trying to catch her breath. She was a bright young woman blessed with a wide array of talents. Unfortunately, jumping fences and long distance running were not among those talents. She glanced around her side nervously to see if her assailants had caught up to her. She could barely make out their rough shapes at the end of the alley.

She saw the figures moving closer, and Olivia’s heart stopped, cold sweat dripping down her forehead. Would this be her end? The tender age of seventeen, still blossoming into young womanhood, meeting her end in some Port District back alley.

She closed her eyes and prayed that they didn’t know she was there.

“We know you’re behind there missy. You don’t have to make this harder on yourself,” one of the thugs called out to her. So much for prayers.

Olivia was a bright young woman blessed with a wide array of talents. Unfortunately, fighting was not one of them. She was about to resign herself to her fate, but then she sensed it. Her small glimmer of hope. Maybe there was something to doing that prayer thing. When she was young her mother often told her that god worked in mysterious ways. Before she died, anyway.

“Eat sh*t and die!” She called back to her pursuers before running down the opposite end of the alley. She couldn’t run forever, or even for much longer, but now she didn’t have to. She made a quick left and entered the café at the end of the street. There sitting by himself at the corner of the room, quietly sipping his chai tea latte was a young man named Max. She ran to him, ignoring the pensive stares of nearby onlookers.

“You! Please help me. I know what you are, and what you’re capable of. I’m being chased and I need a place to hide. So please…” she grabbed his hands and gave him her best pleading look.

---

The nameless hotel located on the Western side of the Financial District had grown to become something of a local landmark. The rumors of the hotel's beautiful young host was something that had easily proven true. His natural charisma and magnetic personality drew visitors from both outside and within the city. But then there were the other rumors. Stories of mysterious disappearances and sighting of phantoms within the hotel's walls. It was natural to expect SERAPH to become more than a little suspicious of the propriety. 

This was not the first time SERAPH had sent a party to investigate the hotel. It was the seventh. This was, however, Vincent's first time seeing the hotel. It really was a beautiful building, though Vincent didn't usually care for such things. While all the previous attempts to prove that the hotel manager was a Hallow had proved fruitless, this time would be different. Diego Armando, the most infamous Hallow hunter in the organization, and Vincent's boss had been sent to unveil the mystery behind The Hotel.Their group had found the hotel manager, the mysterious boy known as Haruka at his usual spot in the front lobby.

"Good evening...Haruka was it? Interesting name. My name is Diego Armando and I'll be performing a routine inspection of this establishment." Diego flashed a confident grin. Whatever the hotel's reputation was, and despite SERAPH's past records, the man had clearly already believed Haruka was up to no good. He just had to prove it.

If their sudden appearance bothered him, his face didn't show it. He merely gave them the same bright smile he gave to all the rest of the hotel's guests.

---

Over recent years Kenny's pub had become somewhat of an underground safe haven for Hallows looking to hide from the iron fist of SERAPH law enforcement. While the number of Hallows in the city were less than one percent of the total population, he still saw steady business enough to stay afloat an make a living. And in a world of guns and monsters, that was a damn fine thing to have. He could even do some good with his ability, even if was just the little things, and that felt good.

That evening, there was the usual crowd of regulars.Even young Preston Page was there tonight. Even though he couldn't serve the kid liquor, he sometimes came for the safe environment. Though looking closely, something seemed to put the kid on edge that night.

Kenny turned his attention away towards his phone. He was somewhat of a loner by nature and didn't get many calls. Who could be contacting him? He accepted the call, and a muffled voice spoke back to him.

SERAPH officers incoming. Evacuate the building. 

"What? Who is this?

No time to explain. Follow the rabbit hole. 

The man hung up immediately after. And then the sirens came.

---

The White Rabbit was one of the shadier institutions located in the main part of the city. When someone was looking for a good time doing bad things, but wanted to avoid the hassle or danger of traveling all the way to District 3, this was the spot to be at. Unlike the Velvet Glove, girls at the White Rabbit were a tad more clothed, though no less risqué. It was something more akin to a night club than a strip club. So it was understandable that when she read the note that said to meet here, Alex prepared an escape route well in advance. She even managed to procure a sidearm - no easy feat in Arcadia where the sale of guns was strictly prohibited and controlled almost entirely by either SERAPH or the Dragunovs in District 3.

Seated at the same table, presumably other prospects for the job, were two women near the same age as Alex. It was best not to be to hopeful though. They could also be there to kill her.

"Ah! Ladies, you're all early. The meeting wasn't supposed to be for another " a feminine voice laden with a thick accent from somewhere in Eastern Europe approached to sit down with them.The woman was stunning to look upon with thick lips, perfect curves, and long sleek midnight black hair. Her eyes were the most striking though, two bright yellow pupils like a jungle cat's.

"Well...I suppose there's no harm in starting early. Miss Murphy, I'd like like to introduce you to Miss Sof and Miss Viteri," the woman nodded to the women sitting to Alex's right. She looked at them carefully. 

"So what's this job we're here for?" Alex shuffled nervously in her seat. Something didn't smell right.

"In exactly one hour the Hallow prison known as Safety will be set ablaze. During this time, you three will join me to infiltrate the Empyrean and retrieve some information from it's central computer system." 

"What?! The Empyrean? That...that's insane!" Alex blurted out. This woman was obviously not right in the head. The only place in the entire city that was possibly more secure than Safety was the SERAPH Headquarters, the Empyrean.

"It is quite possibly insane yes. Nonetheless, you three will be accompanying me anyway," the woman smiled. Not a hint of hesitation in her voice. She completely believed what she said and didn't even seem at all worried about the job ahead.

"And if I refuse?" Alex shot back.

"You really shouldn't" the woman purred, completely relaxed in her seat.

"Well I do anyway!" Alex pulled out her gun and aimed it at the woman. "I'm walking out of here. I don't want any part of this. Back off b*tch."

"Oh...oh Miss Murphy. You really shouldn't have done that," the  woman looked at her sadly. She coiled forward with inhuman quickness and pressed her lips against Alex's. It was a good kiss. That was what Alex Murphy's last thoughts were before she collapsed forward a moment after, dead.

NPC's

Spoiler

Edited by Mors, 07 June 2014 - 08:41 PM.

a6f4b732-ee1c-43f9-a007-079ff2b01822_zps

"The sun is new each day."

Midnightcat

Midnightcat

Potato

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • LocationDeep in the Fortress of Solitude

There is a small nameless pub located at the corner of the road. A small rectangular shaped interior that is decorated by the standard necessity needed for a pub. Despite it's small size, the pub is always packed with people. Not the normal people but the Hallow and that is all thanks for the deed of SERAPH with their "witch" hunting activities that scares off most of the regulars before. However, some people said when God close a door, He will opens another for you. Somehow Kenny find this words very true.

Now the regulars here are mostly Hallow  and they comes in all age and origin. Sitting at the edge of the bar table is a boy that already became one of the regulars here. Hallow or not, he is still a kid and Kenny can't serve him any kind of alcohol. Instead, a glass of milk is placed in front of the troubled-looking boy.

A familiar yet distant sound can be heard by Kenny and he managed to recognizes the sound. It is the sound of his phone's call. A rare occurrence.. really, considering the number of his friends can be counted with his fingers. As he answered his phone, all he heard is a muffled voice trying to convey a message.

SERAPH officers incoming. Evacuate the building. 

"What? Who is this?

No time to explain. Follow the rabbit hole.

As soon as the phone hung up, the voices of siren came to the ears of the crowd.

"This can't be good" Kenny thought as he scratches his head.

Better being safe than sorry. Kenny makes up his mind to heed the warning from the phone.

"The SERAPH are coming! the backdoor!" he yelled at top of his lung as he tries to save the remaining cluster of his customers from the SERAPH.

The panicked flock of people rushed toward the backdoor as he directed the way to the exit.

He proceed to clean up the table from the glasses and hide any signs that shows a sign of people being here before. The years of working here has made his clean up job swift and precise. Kenny didn't follow the crowd, he decided to stay behind. He can't left this place behind. If the SERAPH officers really come, it will be really suspicious to find him the bartender missing too and that equals too revealing the secret he carried. He is also a Hallow. Even if they do suspect him, he still has a trick up his sleeves.

Edited by Midnightcat, 07 June 2014 - 07:25 AM.

Ilyse

Ilyse

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 87 posts

Haruka smiled at the pair of SERAPH members in front of them. A fairly dark-skinned man and a woman who had all the appearances of a man stood in front of him, all the while intent on proving Haruka was simply another Hallow. But it wasn’t that simple, trying to figure out the workings of Horror Story and the hotel that Haruka ran. Bowing his head in greeting to the two SERAPH members, Haruka welcomed them into the hotel.

“I see that you have heard of me then, Mister Armando. Please, allow me to show you around the hotel in the form of a service. It should only take an hour of your time.”

And Haruka lead them around the hotel. They were introduced to a room, where a bustling foreigner woman ushered them out in the middle of her cleaning, although she nodded at her acknowledgement of her employer. He would show them the kitchen, the baths, and the such, all occupied by either workers or naked residents, who covered themselves up in embarrassment as the host had seemingly brought in strangers to see them wash their bodies.

As they returned to the lobby, Haruka bowed to the two of them once more. There were no phantoms to see, just people.

“I trust that was enough for you?”

qnJ4kqN.jpg

nKFtmmv.jpg

"Shurima, your emperor has returned."

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

“You! Please help me. I know what you are, and what you’re capable of. I’m being chased and I need a place to hide. So please…”

Max's eyes widened and he almost spit his drink all over this girl's face. He looked around incredulously, seeing so many eyes in the cafe focused on him and this strange, incriminating girl. He swallowed his latte hard and stood up.

"I-I have no idea what you're talking about, please stop harassing me," he said.

Then he fled, ignoring anything else the girl said.

How does she know? he thought.

He stared at his quickly moving feet, bumping into people on the street as he tried to create distance without so much as a quietly mumbled apology.

How does she know? he thought for a fourteenth time, just a few seconds later.

He didn't have much awareness of where he was walking, but he was certainly walking there fast. Making sure no one was around to see him as he rounded corner after corner, he found an empty space and opened a door to the Edge of the World. He didn't know who that girl was--if she was from SERAPH or from some other organization he hadn't heard of--but if someone knew of him, he'd just lay low for a while.

here's to a long life and dead friends

tumblr_inline_nep6qkNSe41sok0j2.png

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

On Dmitri's orders, Simon had already started working on gathering a team. But first he decided to pay Annabelle a visit, after all she was to head this team and he wanted her to know the full details like a loyal watchdog he was. As he made his way through a run down building's basement he came upon her quarters. For why would someone in charge of such a crucial operation for the Dragunovs will choose a literal garbage sack such as this was beyond him. But, he had known that the woman in there was a special brand of crazy, well to be in the good books of Dragunovs and enjoy being with them you got to be one. He couldn't shake the unease as he came upon the door to the lone room in the basement whose hallway was dimly lit by a lone flashing bulb.

Given the reputation this neighborhood had and the fact that not even during the day, peeps were really safe gave him a good account of the occupant. Behind the door was someone who wasn't normal. He collected himself and gave a knock. No reply. He waited for a few moments before giving another, there were muffled noises on the other side and the door soon lay half open to show a woman dressed in a messy green top and jeans, leaning on an ebony stick.

"You are." came a terse and somewhat irritated reply.

Simon started into action before mumbling "Ah, I am Si..Si..Simon."

The lady looked at him unimpressed, eying him from head to toe. Before searching through her labcoat to take out a sachet filled with pinkish tablets. "Here, $10. Take it and be gone, I don't have the time." she said unamused.

Simon fluttered for a while before clearing his throat to speak. For a man who was used to intimidating people, this was certainly a new experience. Not only was she unimpressed by his impressive stature and the timing of his entry, she had plainly offered him a hit and asked him to book it. This lady certainly had balls, now he knew how Dmitri was won over, he respected people that appreciated business and brutality and by what few seconds he had to judge her most of the rumors about her seemed true.

"I...I..Work for the Dragunovs." he cleared, gesturing for her to keep the sachet with herself. "I came here because Dmitri sent me to let you know of the bizarre events that have transpired this past month." he finished.

She looked him over once more before opening the door completely, "Get inside." Simon simply followed without a word. Once in, he took in the almost nauseating air of the room, which was no doubt larger than he had imagined.There were a few tables with chemicals on it, kept sealed in tubes and flasks. There were two computers at the far end, an ominous symphony wafted from the speakers. It was subtle yet had a distinct portentous vibe to it. On the other a strange model or rather a simulation played where a 3d model of a compound broke own into smaller compound or the like. Simon just stood there adjusting the whole scene as he heard the hollow sound of the stick being kept on the table. Apparently throughout his visual trip, Anna had passed him and took her seat on a chair.

"Sit and Start." she said pointing to the chair.

It took him a short while to bring her at pace with the happenings. Immediately she had seem more interested and he wasn't certain but a hungry look akin to a predator seem to shine in her eyes. She patiently listened to whatever Dmitri's directives were and what the facts of the case were and questioned as soon as Simon finished.

"Okay. so Dmitri wants a strike team to nail this bastard." she mused. "That's doable. What say, Simon could you do the scouting for me. Maybe gather a few of your enforcers and a couple of hallows so that we have the bases covered." she said to him.

"I'm sure you have taken the readings of the bullet holes that you say you have found on each scene. Are our guys using Semis or just pistols. Also, if you say that message is the same each time. Did you figure what he or she wants to Assimilate?" she started with a barrage, leaving Simon a bit on the defensive. He hadn't really looked much into the scene but listening to her made him sure that next time they meet he'll have his work cut out.

"Were the ones dead or missing related somehow. Do you have their backgrounds, their current schedules. Their circles and collection rates etc. get me everything. Meet me at the bar with all the stuff along with a shortlist of guys you think will be suitable. Oh! and if possible could you find Isa and ask her if she'll be willing to work in this arrangement." she continued, pausing for a minute.

"We shall meet tomorrow then, hope you'll be speedy." she said before getting up and walking to the other table, taking out a little flask with some sort of tablet and downing it. Simon looked on for a moment before shaking his head and getting himself up. As he walked to the door, he heard the little clicks of the stick against the plain concrete floor. he found himself stopping as if to learn something more about this interesting woman.

"Ah! and don't call me Anna, that's only for Dmitri and Isa. Annabelle, Bella, Corry or simply Miss. I wouldn't want a fine man like you, experience my unusual powers." she said before going past him and opening the door. Simon stood their shocked before managing to gather himself and excusing himself from that place. There were no greetings exchanged as she shut the door as soon as he crossed the boundary. Peculiar woman was all that Simon wondered as he went away.

Behind the door Anna leaned on the door and thought to herself 'So another wild one has appeared. This'll be fun.'

Edited by Diabolical Rhapsody, 08 June 2014 - 03:50 AM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Crouching Bacon

Crouching Bacon

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 528 posts

Vincent returned the host's gracious smile with a polite nod.

"It would be a shame if SERAPH got its hands on him. The wolves in prison would eat this little rabbit alive."

As their little group walked around the hotel disturbing guests in various stages of undress, Vincent yawned more than once, thoroughly unamused by their unsightly bodies. Diego sniffed around like a dog on a trail; she figured that he could do his job well enough without her help this time around. The hour ended quickly enough and they were back at the luxurious lobby. Vincent admired the chandeliers and made a mental note to check how much the hotel was worth.

"Maybe I can buy this thing. Mother always wanted to get into the service industry anyways."

Then Haruka spoke, derailing her train of thought. “I trust that was enough for you?”

"Oh right, the investigation. Who cares? He ain't hurting anybody. I think I'd even like to keep him..."

"Ah, Mr. Haruka, that was quite generous of you. Disturbing your guests on our account... your cooperation has been exemplary. Thank you, sir." Vincent gave the host a small bow and turned to Diego. "This report shouldn't take too long to type up. Excuse me."

She left the two for a minute to make a phone call while taking a look at some brochures about the hotel's lavish amenities. Vincent returned to the little group with a sly grin.

"Mr. Manager, how about one penthouse reservation for a Miss Yang? Don't worry, this isn't for SERAPH business, purely pleasure. I simply could not pass up the chance for a night's rest in this lovely hotel."

If Diego was staring daggers into the back of her head right now, she didn't acknowledge it. He could fume all he wanted for all she cared.

"Boss, if you like, I could reserve a room for you as well. This place seems to have one of the best massage parlors in the district. Just the thing for stressed officers like us, ain't it?"

Posted Image "Don't make me ship you!"

Jod

Jod

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts

You know the sinking feeling in your stomach, that feeling you get when you realize the depath of the shit you are in. Thats exactly the feeling that sucker punched me when Alex fell to the floor, dead. I didn't need to feel her pulse, I could feel it, like a candle being blown out, poof, she was gone.

Serves me right for getting too greedy. I mean it looked to be an easy gig at the time. Ok honestly I didn’t even look at the details, i was hypnotized by the number of zeroes behind the one on the reward. For someone who lives on a janitors wage, it was kind a totally irresistible offer. I had just gotten back from mopping a fresh paint of sludge from the casino floor, the accoutrements of an entire day of business, of men and women throwing away their and money as well as the contents of their stomachs. So you can feel my surprise when I see an offer that large the minute I booted up my pc  and saw that insane offer right up there in my notifications.

Talk about  getting a brand new viewpoint on that saying on things being too good to be true. It was time to try my best at salvaging the situation. I mean in the end I would probably be dragged into one of the very cells in the facility I was supposed to infiltrate. Infiltrate, like I was supposed to be some kind of ninja or something, not to mention that I’m supposed to be maintaing a low profile here. So putting my brave face, which included me fussing with my fingers and looking at the floor,

“ehm… seeing that I’m a hacker and alll thaat, I dont really have to be physically present you know, all you need is to hook a phone and give me access, right, ehehheheh” she said, looking sheepishly at the rabbit.

qEZtZafl.png

I AM HE. HE AM ME. ME IS HE

XLegs

XLegs

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 28 posts

Preston Page sat at the edge of the bar counter. Alone, of course. He was the youngest one in the pub, so people tended to just ignore him. That was fine with Preston. He only came here when he was bored and wanted a change of scenery. He was content with sitting in silence and observing others around him.

All these people were Hallows. That fact always impressed him. Hallows were very uncommon, so seeing so many together in one place was strange. That was the main reason Preston came to this pub.

Preston fiddled with his hands, something he did when he was nervous. Tonight, if he had the opportunity, he'd do it.

If he saw anyone stealing something or assaulting someone or anything of the sort, he'd step in. If someone innocent needed help, he'd help.

It was then that Preston noticed the bartender answering his cell. The conversation was short, and the bartender hung up, looking a little bewildered. A moment passed, and sirens blared outside the building.

The pub went quiet as everyone grew first confused, and then scared. With this many Hallows gathered in one place, there was only one possible group responsible for the sirens.

SERAPH.

The bartender was the first to react. He told the crowd to leave through the backdoor, and they did so in a panic, pushing against each other in a mad scramble to get as far away from the building as possible.

Preston stayed in his seat, keeping out of the way. He could just teleport home and be safe, so there was no reason for him to join the scramble.

He prepared himself for his teleportation, but hesitated. These people needed help. The sirens were just outside the building. SERAPH would enter before everyone was gone. Not only that, but the crowd of people pouring out the backdoor had a large chance of being noticed. 

He had to help them however he could. He had promised himself that today would be the day. The opportunity he had been waiting for had arrived. Now he had to act.

Preston teleported himself to the roof of the pub, and immediately dropped to his stomach. As quickly and silently as he could manage, he crawled to the edge of the roof and looked over, seeing SERAPH vehicles littering the street and SERAPH officers ready to storm the building.

Preston built up his courage with a deep breath, and then popped up to his feet.

"Hoy!" he yelled out. "What are you fine gentlemen and ladies up to?" The moonlight at his back hid his face in shadows.

He put on a large smile, but inwardly he was sweating bullets. This was unbelievably stupid. They could just shoot him and he'd be dead without putting up a fight.

He was betting that they wouldn't shoot, though, as they shouldn't actually know he was a Hallow. They wouldn't kill someone for greeting them.

Would they?

All he had to do was distract them for a bit, to give the people in the pub more time to escape. He'd teleport out of there at the first sign of danger. 

This would work. Hopefully.

Edited by XLegs, 09 June 2014 - 08:48 PM.

k2hboo.jpg

Vafhudr

Vafhudr

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts

Viska Bearpuncher

Prison Break-in 

The job description was straightforward: “Fuck shit up.” Viska loved it when the jobs were easy. It’s not that she had no mind for complexity, but she enjoyed the purity of a simple assignment that left plenty of space for creative interpretation.

“Nice to meet ya. Now it’s time to fulfill our part of the bargain, right?” She said, a gleeful smile on her face as she cocked her gun.

The evening had proven to be very entertaining to Viska. She had broken out of prison twice in the past – but she had never broken in a prison before. Well, there was a first time for everything. She walked against the current of bodies as the criminal flooded out of their cells. They ought to provide a good distraction for the guards.

Or not.

Nine guards emerged from the end of the corridors, armed with nasty looking truncheons. Those guys were not SERAPH. Just the poor chumps hired for the shit shifts.

“Yo Saul. I’ll take care of them. Go on ahead to the control room – I’ll be right behind you.” She said, a confident smirk on her face.

“What? You think you can take all of us on, you bitch?” One of the guards jeered. They all moved forward, swaggering with an edge of caution.

“Yeah. I can. And you know what – just to make it fair, I won’t even use my guns!”

The guards laughed – it was an incredulous, condescending laugh, with a touch of anxiety and uncertainty. Surely this girl was not planning to take on nine burly dudes by herself?

“Watch me. I fought a bear once.”

The guards had now formed a rather crappy semi-circle around her. A few of them were trying to slide behind her. Fat chance. She sprung into action, lithe as a panther, and kungfu kicked the poor fuck to her left into the wall. The ice was broken. Everyone else was jolted into activity. The guard to the furthest right made a dash for her, truncheon high in hand and made a very large and very telegraphed arc for her head. Unfortunately for him, she was not an half-starved student protesting in the street, but an harboiled street thug. She intercepted his arm, and kicked him in the balls. She could tell by the blow that he was not wearing a cup. Well – if he didn’t want children, now he would certainly not be getting any.

“Just between you and me” – she said as the guy went from towering over to a broken man over whom she now towered. “you are gonna wish I had just shot you in the fucking face.” Her eyes shone bright with power and the man screamed in agony as the pain signals that flowed from his crotch intensified into an unbearable pulse of pure pain. He convulsed into unconsciousness, passing out from the trauma – and a smirk plastered itself on Viska’s face. God this was satisfying.

Two fuckfaces down – a shitload to go.

Five of them thought they were being real smart and rushed her. She rushed at them and smashed the first of the bunch in the chest with her foot. He collapsed backward, squealing like a gutted pig, his hands clasped on his chest. Two of the dudes tripped on their fallen comrade. The other two, though, soldiered on and the one on the left made a quick swipe for Viska. She leaned back and dodged before quickly replying with a 1-2 punch combination. The guard collapsed on the ground, crippled by intense pain to the face and chest. She caught the hand of the second guard – the one holding the truncheon – and gave it a gingerly squeeze. The guard fell to his knees, screaming – begging for her to release. She kicked him in the teeth instead.

Taking the poor fuck’s nightstick, she made shortwork of the other two dumbasses. She sticked one in the leg – he fell to the ground, feeling as if his legs had been mangled by a shredder. The other got a quick jab in the jaw and collapsed, white hot pain filling his head and drowning everything else.

Only two left. The two concerned guards were not moving – in fact, after seeing what Viska had done to their peers they had no desire to press the issue. They were both seriously considering making a dash for it – but should they dash at the girl or at the closest exit.

Unfortunately for them, Viska is not a terribly patient girl. “Pussies.” She thought. Bored by their hesitation, she pulled out her gun and shot the first one in the face. The second one exclaimed, incredulous – “Wait! You said you wouldn’t use your guns!”

“Oh. Right. Well. Looks like I lied.” She also shot him in the face. Way to sour her fun. All the other ones had been so much more into it.

Well, so much for that. She threw the nightstick away, reloaded her guns, holstered up and joined Saul in the control room. 

92242d14-d321-46c6-a0ac-45c7a9ce6bb0_zps

Supreme_Lurker_Primo

Supreme_Lurker_Primo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,703 posts
  • LocationSomewhere. Nowhere. Everywhere.

Gevurah P. Sof

The White Rabbit

Gevurah she looks next to her the client mention the lady next to her was named Miss Viteri. Alex Murphy was the other person the client hired, Gevurah stared at new comer, "Hm, I wonder what is the job for requesting 3 people. As long as I am make it out this job alive and is paid well. I have not other problem. Hm the client looks like a kitty cat. I best keep my comment to myself, silence is often better."  Alex Murphy ask for the detail of the job "Yay, I do not had to be the one asking"

"In exactly one hour the Hallow prison known as Safety will be set ablaze. During this time, you three will join me to infiltrate the Empyrean and retrieve some information from it's central computer system." says the client.

"Okay, this seems to be fun and a good stories to talk about whenever I decided to retired or if I died I can tell the Father Eric and Mother Din, I am sure they will be impress." Alex Murphy produced a gun and aim at the client exclaiming she has no desired to carry out the job. "More for us, I guess. Jeeze calling your client a bi*tch maybe she is new ?"  As quick as a water dripping down a glass the client somehow killed Alex Murphy. A few moment later the human known as Alex Murphy lied motionless on the grounded.

Gevurah raised her hand to be called on "Um, not to be rude, but if you are going to erase the body, would it be okay if I take a few of her biological make up, before you erase the body. If we meet any resistance are we allow to used force or any mean to achieved our objective?" 

bhestw.jpgTincek-Marincek

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationRiding the back of the Great A'tuin.
Saul.

Saul waved his way through the introductions. They could talk later. Maybe. Or not. Whatever. Saul just walked with the group as they started their escape and tried not to touch anyone from the sea of prisoners they were wading through. It was then that, surprise surprise, things decided they weren't going to go as smoothly as Saul would like. Though things rarely too. His hopes are too high. He wants things to be smoother than a slide made of vegetable oil. Viska on the other hand didn't seem to mind the odd bump in the road. She looked happy when the large group of guys appeared holding painful looking blunt instruments.

“Yo Saul. I’ll take care of them. Go on ahead to the control room – I’ll be right behind you.” Viska said with a grin of anticipation. Saul wasn't too bothered about helping with fights anyways. He did pick up a few martial arts before coming on the mission, you know, just in case. But if someone else was willing to take the largest effort for him. Well. That was fine and dandy as far as he was concerned.

"Sure." He replied. He slowly turned a lazy head towards Wrath and 'The Boss' and made about half of a 'come with me' gesture. "You guys may as well come along. Seems like she's got this." And with that Saul walked off towards the control room.

On arrival it didn't take long for him to discover there were a couple of people manning the place. He should have known really. What kind of security control room doesn't have any people? The bad kind. That doesn't control much security. And can't react to threats. Saul walked in on them unthinking. They were tapping away at buttons and various controls in a pretty hardcore way, probably trying to get some doors closed again or something. But it didn't take them long to notice him. Pretty soon they were standing, pointing batons at him and waving them around with some vigor. "So. Two security guards walk into a bar. The barkeep says: Hey guys, why so down-trodden? To which the security guards reply: He had spikes on his boots." Saul cracked a smile, laughed and clacked the heel of one boot against the other. Spikes emerged. "Heh heh. Down-trodden! Get it? Because they were kicked. Come on guys why aren't you laughing? I just made that up for you. Just now. Not even a chuckle? Tch. Fine. You obviously don't get it. Way over your heads I guess. Well, fine. Have it your way. Ungrateful little pieces of ..." The room quickly became a whirlwind of muttered curses, spiky boots, flailing batons and a bit of blood splatter.

After dealing with the unexpected inhabitants Saul went and slapped them both on the face. He'd brought some hacking skills with him, courtesy of his pals at Ctrl who owed him a favour, but info on the specific system he was about to use was always nice. He got the full download off of both guys then settled down at the command board of the entire facility. "Now. Let's get down to business shall we?"

He had no idea how the two idiots he'd administered an ass-kicking to had been having so much trouble with the system. It wasn't exactly complicated. First thing he did was to kill all communications with the outside world. They'd surely find out soon enough. Probably they already had found out things were going off, but the longer it took, and the less info they could get, the better the chances of this going well for the group. He left the prisoners doors open to cause some nice mayhem. And then he started sealing off corridors. Gave him and his small group a pretty clear and direct route to the exit. They had a nearby stair case to themselves all the way to ground floor. And then a corridor round to the rear of the prison. Where he assumes Wrath would be able to do his thing again and get them out from a place they wouldn't expect. After setting that up he got down to the tough part. Changing the routes of the rest of the prison. Locking gates, opening doors and activating elevators. All leading the loose prisoners towards the main prison exit. "They'll be one hell of a diversion." He thought to himself.

With his work done he finally got up from his seat. Sorry. The guards seat. Sometimes things got a little messy when you take in every aspect of some other life. "Ah Viska. Nice of you to join us." He said with a smile as he noticed her. "Shall we get going then? I've made us a nice little escape route. Providing mister Wrath here can do his firey thing once more."
  • Jod likes this