Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Similar manga

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Agonal

Agonal

Potato

• Members
  • 174 posts
Recently released/discovered is a manga called reincarnation: monster, or re: monster. It carries many themes that The Gamer does, and as such, i am sure many of you will enjoy it as i have been. It has levels, skills, relationships, evolutions, crafting...

Only three releases to date, but those three were since may 31, so i am hopeful it will be released regularly. Enjoy!

bkaa22

bkaa22

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 219 posts

There is also one called Darwin's Game. It is sorta similar, but interesting. I think there is around eight chapters out.

Ominous

Ominous

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationOn the Other Side of The Monitor

Thanks for putting out Re: Monster here. There's another one that's going on the list. Other manga like Darwin's Game are pretty interesting but have their attention elsewhere, such as casually exploiting the female body.

2140600972.gif

Calmandweak

Calmandweak

Potato

• Members
  • 152 posts

was gonna say the same thing agonal ^^ yep i enjoy it to so far ^^

:batoto_001:  :excl:  :excl:  :excl:  :batoto_018:  Ooooooh cute cuddly animals ^^.....let's cook them   :)

"When faced with the unknown do not despair, always smash it and consider what you've done when you Sober up" First Verset of the Lonely Old Ranting Drunk, aka Lord

Blue Flaming Wings

Blue Flaming Wings

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Spoiler

Because I've gotten tired of people trying to hire me to write ...

ziemekzz

ziemekzz

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts

That Re: Monster is awesome. AWEEEEEEEEEEESOME I tell you!!!! 

Thaks a bunch for enlightment !!!!

20.jpg

BryanSunshineSuper3000

BryanSunshineSuper3000

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

If you enjoyed those two manga you should read yureka as well, the plot is kinda different but it's really awesome. =)

Agonal

Agonal

Potato

• Members
  • 174 posts

If you enjoyed those two manga you should read yureka as well, the plot is kinda different but it's really awesome. =)

Did enjoy that one. However, never got to finishbit as it stopped being updated. Super anticlimactic.

Re:monster was not updated yet this week. Was disappointed.

Edited by Agonal, 08 June 2014 - 12:55 AM.

Agonal

Agonal

Potato

• Members
  • 174 posts
Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka

Is another manga that i find enjoyable. Has some RPG elements as well as a unique methodology of "leveling up". Slow releases, about 1x per month.

bkaa22

bkaa22

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 219 posts

Of Course there is ID. The ultimate Fusion Fantasy. It is not an RPG like Manhwa but has the fantasy elements of them. There are no real levels but there are classes, magic, etc.

Kernviter

Kernviter

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts

To be honest, I've been more into how The Gamer has a lot of wuxia elements. Besides the obvious Breaker, Veritas, Ping etc, anybody have any recs based more on that? (For context, the relationship between Chunbumoon and Yunhonmoon, the established world of clans and ability users, the systemic explanations of techniques)

yajibei

yajibei

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts

Did enjoy that one. However, never got to finishbit as it stopped being updated. Super anticlimactic.

Re:monster was not updated yet this week. Was disappointed.

Re:monster is monthly, next update is on the 27th

Agonal

Agonal

Potato

• Members
  • 174 posts

Re:monster is monthly, next update is on the 27th

Thank you for that info. Hadnt been able to track down either the translator(s)/scantlators, nor find release timetables. Had been getting increasingly discouraged. XD

Calmandweak

Calmandweak

Potato

• Members
  • 152 posts

i've spoiled myself with the light novel trad of re:monster, the hero's quite dark ^^   (i like it)

there's also this http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/world-customize-creator-r12325.

he has the game editing power ^^

and of course there's also dice:the cube that change everything, but i think you folks seen that one already.

Edited by Calmandweak, 18 June 2014 - 08:27 PM.

:batoto_001:  :excl:  :excl:  :excl:  :batoto_018:  Ooooooh cute cuddly animals ^^.....let's cook them   :)

"When faced with the unknown do not despair, always smash it and consider what you've done when you Sober up" First Verset of the Lonely Old Ranting Drunk, aka Lord

juberval

juberval

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationBrazil

"Re: Monster" and "World Customize Creator" are the similar manga that i liked most from all the sugestions...

ziemekzz

ziemekzz

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts

非常にありがとうございまし  :batoto_008:

Edited by ziemekzz, 19 June 2014 - 06:02 PM.

20.jpg

bkaa22

bkaa22

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 219 posts

Thanks for putting out Re: Monster here. There's another one that's going on the list. Other manga like Darwin's Game are pretty interesting but have their attention elsewhere, such as casually exploiting the female body.

Yeah that is the unfortunate part. It's like Kenichi: The Strongest Disciple and how the writer has all the female characters get virtually naked in every fight scene. Not needed.

Some good manga's have been ruined because the writer puts in unnecessary filler.

juberval

juberval

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Yeah that is the unfortunate part. It's like Kenichi: The Strongest Disciple and how the writer has all the female characters get virtually naked in every fight scene. Not needed.

Some good manga's have been ruined because the writer puts in unnecessary filler.

Agreed!

This manhwa is great with a original history that can become something fantastic. A lot of manga and manhwa like to use unnecessary sex to hide the bad story plots. In other stories the nudity and sex make sense, but I don't believe is the case for this manhwa (The gamer).

Don't get me wrong, but some people are talking crazy stuff about harem and other kinky stuff. There are a lot of mangas and manhwas out there. Just go find the one suitable for you!

guy231

guy231

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
"To aru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki" and "Ore to Kawazu-san no Isekai Hourouki" both involve exploring game-ish mechanics in a real/virtual world. The protagonists in each have an observation skill to assist with this.

Panthertwat

Panthertwat

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 68 posts

Ore to Kawazu-san no Isekai Hourouki

Seems like a spoof on the gamer.... pretty fun bad poorly drawn

Saiki Kusuo no psi nan

His super powers are a burden, Comedy

Edited by Panthertwat, 26 July 2014 - 05:15 PM.