Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Someone start translating the light novel!!!

light novel

• Please log in to reply
8322 replies to this topic

Kuroganekai

Kuroganekai

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 413 posts
  • LocationBRAZIL

thanks Vidar :D

"Yami yori kuraku shinen yori udeshi,Sou kagaku no hikari otosu yami"

(darker than the darkness that emerges from the abyss, the projected shadow by the light of science!)

(mais escuro que a escuridão que emerge do abismo,a sombra projetada  pela luz da ciência!)

18.jpg

15.jpg

bamba12

bamba12

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts

For anyone iterested i found a translation site that might be slightly better than google translate http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/ , i still couldnt translate it myself but it is better i think 

alexmustdie

alexmustdie

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 36 posts

for bulk translation its better to use atlas

Spoiler

for more detail translation use lingoes, its like an all in one translator engine with a dictionary in it.

the problem with lingoes is that it have character limit so you need to translate sentence by sentence one even have a shorter character limit so you cant input a long sentence, the benefit is you can compare translation from multiple machine translator and check word by word through the dictionary more easily.

bamba12

bamba12

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts

alexmustdie , ive already started downloading but can you tell me if with these someone who doesnt speak japanese can actually translate the book ?

Or is  it just a bit better than the shit results you get from google translate and its ilk ? 

Edit :Nvm , if lingoes is supposed to be the more accurate then unfortunatly it doesnt help much because some of the online translators are just as good and its still unreadable (at least for me )

Edited by bamba12, 06 June 2014 - 02:16 PM.

alexmustdie

alexmustdie

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 36 posts

you need to at least know basic grammar and mark important glossary such as name/skill/places. Also start slowly, disassemble each sentence until you understand the meaning. In the end its all about how much time you're willing to spend ^_^

Kuroganekai

Kuroganekai

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 413 posts
  • LocationBRAZIL

for bulk translation its better to use atlas

Spoiler

for more detail translation use lingoes, its like an all in one translator engine with a dictionary in it.

the problem with lingoes is that it have character limit so you need to translate sentence by sentence one even have a shorter character limit so you cant input a long sentence, the benefit is you can compare translation from multiple machine translator and check word by word through the dictionary more easily.

i tried but was not very successful with me at least

Edited by Kuroganekai, 06 June 2014 - 04:13 PM.

(darker than the darkness that emerges from the abyss, the projected shadow by the light of science!)

(mais escuro que a escuridão que emerge do abismo,a sombra projetada  pela luz da ciência!)

18.jpg

15.jpg

bamba12

bamba12

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts

vidar i didnt offer before because i didnt think it would help , but i have a pretty good grasp of english so if it is any help i can take over the translation after you get it to an understandadble level

Edited by bamba12, 06 June 2014 - 07:18 PM.

Kuroganekai

Kuroganekai

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 413 posts
  • LocationBRAZIL

Vidar translator,bamba12 QC,will be missing an editor but now it is possible to form "Batoto Light novel scanlator" xD

lol

18.jpg

15.jpg

bamba12

bamba12

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts

What is an editor supposed to do? The way I understand it, is that I'm offering is to do both, just get it to a level I can understand what it is supposed to say and I think I can do the rest.

Edited by bamba12, 06 June 2014 - 09:36 PM.

Kuroganekai

Kuroganekai

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 413 posts
  • LocationBRAZIL

editor would be the guy would organize (choose the font, size, centralize the translation) and put in some format (. word,. pdf.epub.pdf, etc.) and would provide the links.

and it  was a crude joke I tried to do :v

18.jpg

15.jpg

aklik

aklik

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts

can somebody gt first two volumes?

upd: thx Kuroganekai

Edited by aklik, 07 June 2014 - 05:47 AM.

falconbane

falconbane

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 401 posts

wait, so vidar is confirmed to be TLer? \o/

I'll just finish up day 50 and wait for proper translations then =3=

Part of the Re:Translation team, we are currently doing your mom the following

Current Re:Monster (51-60) - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OdMbQTY56O8BVTYqqwgAChjQqmy5R-xbh2jEGZbuZ0o/preview

EC - http://ecwebnovel.blogspot.ca

Tsuyokute New Saga - it's out there somewhere, forgot link, oops!

Master of Monster - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DL6dpctSl_DME-4cnnZ8mkfCIb9nIMlu8P8JhDU-it8/preview

Currently reading (LN):  Arifureta, Ark, Kill No More, Maouyuu Maou Yasha, Mondaiji, Mushoku Tensei, Spice and Wolf, etc...

Currently Playing:  Dwarf Fortress 2014 (if I go missing, it's holding me hostage)

Kuroganekai

Kuroganekai

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 413 posts
  • LocationBRAZIL

can somebody gt first two volumes?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/286hw18mbmw808f/remons.rar

wait, so vidar is confirmed to be TLer? \o/

I'll just finish up day 50 and wait for proper translations then =3=

nothing official....

18.jpg

15.jpg

aklik

aklik

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts

it is the same link from last page

problem is that i can't open them normaly

when i try word pad it gives

bdfa40217f702b9944c0f4d939709c21.jpg

jwpce gives

8c8730d16dd314ffd62fe5f6e879b2d2.jpg

my other programms can't open it at all

that's why i asked for googletranslated version of first two volumes

Kuroganekai

Kuroganekai

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 413 posts
  • LocationBRAZIL

it is the same link from last page

problem is that i can't open them normaly

when i try word pad it gives

bdfa40217f702b9944c0f4d939709c21.jpg

jwpce gives

8c8730d16dd314ffd62fe5f6e879b2d2.jpg

my other programms can't open it at all

that's why i asked for googletranslated version of first two volumes

here opens smoothly (with office word 2010)

link vol1 google translate (I'm too sleepy to do volume 2)

1SObUwo.png

18.jpg

15.jpg

bamba12

bamba12

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts

Lol sorry Kuroganekai i understood you were joking :D , its just that additionally i didnt know what an editor is supposed to do , isnt he kind of useless in a book translation ?

Is it me or is Baka Tsuki the most shit forum in existence ? Not only do you have to get permission to post anything anywhere in it , but now im pretty sure they locked the post about looking for a translator for re:monster cause it had too much attention or something....

Edited by bamba12, 07 June 2014 - 07:12 AM.

Kuroganekai

Kuroganekai

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 413 posts
  • LocationBRAZIL

Lol sorry Kuroganekai i understood you were joking :D , its just that additionally i didnt know what an editor is supposed to do , isnt he kind of useless in a book translation ?

Is it me or is Baka Tsuki the most shit forum in existence ? Not only do you have to get permission to post anything anywhere in it , but now im pretty sure they locked the post about looking for a translator for re:monster cause it had too much attention or something....

in the baka tsuki editors are obrigatory for a project..., who know,although I have an account there, I did not enter it, I usually do not even read the LN on the site, I use the app for android

18.jpg

15.jpg

necrost

necrost

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

flooding/spamming to get attention is banned in most forum,

if you are so desperate to read it, try using TA + Atlas + Jparser, at least it's better than GT.

bamba12

bamba12

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts

necrost the thing is , no one spammed or flooded there as far as i could see and what im talking about is that you cant even post a reply there without someone from the staff personally reading and approving it... 

About wanting to read re:monster, desperate i am not. But i do want to read it , unfortunately translating it with any of those programs results in something unintelligible so no thanks :)

Edited by bamba12, 07 June 2014 - 04:30 PM.

alexmustdie

alexmustdie

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 36 posts

Ability giving up learned. (not sure at all about this one)

that ability (見切り) name is Abandon, you can find it in the final fantasy series, it increases evasion rate.