Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Someone start translating the light novel!!!

light novel

• Please log in to reply
8322 replies to this topic

DarkD

DarkD

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 54 posts

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/Re:Monster

It's based on a novel, so if any of you wonderful people happen to be japanese.... 

Also can someone post this on Baka-Tsuki Future Project Suggestions?  I would myself but I normally post telling people not to translate another bad ecchi series.  So people might say no just to spite me. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t4_7X1QuhiH9m3M8sHUlblKsHDAGpEOwymLPTyCfHH0/edit?usp=sharing

Here's the Re:Translations index page.  

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ljoXDy-ti5N7ZYPbzDsj5kvYFl3lEWaJ1l3Lzv1cuuM/preview

All translation efforts are contained in the GDoc link above.  

Edited by DarkD, 04 September 2014 - 07:40 AM.

Tardos

Tardos

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

This is all i found

http://www.alphapolis.co.jp/book/detail/1042954/?r_kind=1

Tardos

Tardos

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

webnovel raw

http://ncode.syosetu.com/n1782t/

blankerer

blankerer

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

would need to find it if someone has it saved somewhere.

alphapolis gets the authors to take down the webnovel and turn into a digest, so we are just looking at a synopsis for each vol pretty much.

DarkD

DarkD

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 54 posts

Hey if you guys want this series translated then start making a stir on my baka-tsuki thread.  The light novel is WAY further than this. 

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10465

If no one shows an interest, why would a translator. 

(Please remain civil while on Baka-Tsuki.  Apparently you guys have been spamming the forum and the topic is in danger of being locked.  Begging for a translation is against the rules, showing support isn't.  Posting raws on Baka Tsuki is also against the rules.  )

Edited by DarkD, 04 June 2014 - 12:46 AM.

ff7_freak

ff7_freak

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Can access the old web novel chapters via wayback machine

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://ncode.syosetu.com/n1782t/

blankerer

blankerer

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
oh shit the wayback machine.... you have to time travel back to 2011.

Masadeer

Masadeer

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

The archive of the wn from animesuki 
http://web.archive.org/web/20120604140208/http://ncode.syosetu.com/n1782t/

Kuroganekai

Kuroganekai

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 413 posts
  • LocationBRAZIL

I hope that someone pick up the light novel, the Ln always have more things and more detailed :D

Edited by Kuroganekai, 02 June 2014 - 07:35 PM.

"Yami yori kuraku shinen yori udeshi,Sou kagaku no hikari otosu yami"

(darker than the darkness that emerges from the abyss, the projected shadow by the light of science!)

(mais escuro que a escuridão que emerge do abismo,a sombra projetada  pela luz da ciência!)

18.jpg

15.jpg

PythiaTheLiar

PythiaTheLiar

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

If I knew how to read kanji, I'd want to translate it (Only knows 150 kanji).

deshera

deshera

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts

I've never really payed to much attention to groups that do light novels. Anyone know groups that do a good job?

Although baka-tsuki was suggested earlier it doesn't seem to fit what they normally do and honestly their replies seem against it.

Let's not pour all our hopes into a single group and try to get the word out there are a lot of readers out there just waiting for a group to pick this series up.

WvJUPOI.png

Iksos

Iksos

Potato

• Members
  • 120 posts

Well, other than Baka-tsuki, I think we can try with Japtem.

But i don't know if they are a japanese transator in retinue ^^.

And the team seems to have some problems. But it's worth a try I think.

20.jpg

NakedFury

NakedFury

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 39 posts

I have never read any light novel because I can never find any. I would vote for bringing this one to english audience.

Glactic

Glactic

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts
The problem is finding someone able to actually translate it. Our best hope for someone to do so will be trying to spread the words about the series as much as possible and pique someones interest.

DarkD

DarkD

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 54 posts

Japtem has 2 korean translators and a bunch of chinese translators.  If a chinese version of the novel existed it wouldn't be a problem, but I don't think that's the case.  Baka-Tsuki is heavily biased towards doing ecchi novels, but I don't think there's much chance either way. 

The best options are to post on the mangaupdates forums and various communities who do light novels. 

alexmustdie

alexmustdie

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 36 posts

Just a suggestion, maybe the people that are interested can start with interpreting the machine translation like back when LMS first started to gather more follower to this novel, along the way if a Japanese translator shows up he can do a re-translation. Even a sub par translation is better than no translation to muster up more hype for this series.

btw here's some image from the novel for those who haven't seen it yet.

Spoiler

Simple trivia, mc current class is one of the Vidyaraja (the five deities that guard the 4 direction and the center in buddhism) Vajrayaksha, its also called Kongouyasha in japan and its an emperor class according to the wikipedia.

http://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/myo-o.shtml#kongoyaksha2

Edited by alexmustdie, 04 June 2014 - 10:30 AM.

Mahina

Mahina

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Good luck translating from Google T_T I just tried chapter one. Here's a sample:

IをSi ki koむ, very ugly malignant ma ri na Kei Yanを.
OtherれBut , I But Rotating Health expands Full da ta ro u think u doととnaっta , ra​​されknow think Kei te ta shi maっでthou ru decision rather hand .

I think this is supposed to be the climactic moment where his stalker "sister" stabs him and he dies.

Update:

Sentence by sentence gets a better result. Protip guys: Don't post the whole chapter into translate at once, hahaha.

どうやら俺は妹的存在兼ストーカーに刺されて、殺されて、そして転生したらしい。

It seems incarnated I been bitten by a sister existence and stalker, and, apparently killed.

Edited by Mahina, 04 June 2014 - 02:54 PM.

Kuroganekai

Kuroganekai

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 413 posts
  • LocationBRAZIL

Good luck translating from Google T_T I just tried chapter one. Here's a sample:

IをSi ki koむ, very ugly malignant ma ri na Kei Yanを.
OtherれBut , I But Rotating Health expands Full da ta ro u think u doととnaっta , ra​​されknow think Kei te ta shi maっでthou ru decision rather hand .

I think this is supposed to be the climactic moment where his stalker "sister" stabs him and he dies.

Update:

Sentence by sentence gets a better result. Protip guys: Don't post the whole chapter into translate at once, hahaha.

It seems incarnated I been bitten by a sister existence and stalker, and, apparently killed.

something like this

:" 第一章 生誕の森 黒き獣編

一日目~十日目
 “一日目”
 いや、転生とか冗談で言っている訳ではなくてだな。うん、取り合えず順を追って説明しよう。というか混乱しすぎて落ちついている風になっている俺の精神衛生上、流れを客観視しながら語らないと暴れてしまいそうなので、文句は俺の話を聞き終わった後で、という方向でどうぞよろしく。

えーと、そうだな、まずは名前から。俺の以前の名前は伴杭彼方トモクイカナタ。とは言え転生しているのだから、今現在は一応“名無し”としておこう。

で、俺の記憶違いや妄想――そうだったらどれ程良かったか――でなければ、俺は仕事が終わった後で同僚に飲みに誘われて居酒屋を幾つか巡り。
 アルコールに弱いくせに明日が休みと言う事で無理やり付き合わされて夜遅くまで飲んだ結果、案の定グデングデンに酔っぱらって一人で家に帰れなくなった同僚をその時飲んでいた居酒屋からほど近かった俺の家まで運び。
 半ば寝ていたのを起こすのも何だか忍びなかったので俺のベッドにポーイと物のように放り投げてから、昔からアルコール大好きで体質的にも強かった俺はまだまだ飲み足りなかったので月一の満月を見上げながらの独り酒でもするか、と思いながら冷蔵庫を開けた。
 そしてそこで、冷蔵庫の一フロア全てを支配していたビールやチュウハイなど多種多様な酒類が全て無い事に気がついた。
 丁度昨日蓄えを飲み干し、今日同僚に誘われなければ買い込むつもりだったのである。それをすっかり失念していた。" (first parts of  LN chap1)

GT:"Forest Kurokikemono Chapter of Chapter birth
To ten days the first day
" Day One "
It seems incarnated I been bitten by a sister existence and stalker , and , apparently killed .
No, it 's not mean you have to say as a joke such as reincarnation . Yeah , let's step-by-step instructions are not Toriae . Because it is likely to act violently mental health of me, and not talk while objective view of the flow is supposed to wind you are calm it is too confused or rather , complain in the direction that , after you have finished listening to the story of my Nice to meet you .

Well , Yeah , first from the name . The previous name of my Bankui Kanata Tomokuikanata . And since He has incarnated That said , let me as " Anonymous " prima facie right now .

In , and delusion or lapse of memory of me - how much was good or you were so - if not , I tour some taverns is invited for a drink colleagues after work .
As a result of drinking late into the night is butt- force in saying that tomorrow is a holiday in the habit have a low tolerance for alcohol , until my house was Hodochikaka~tsu from tavern was drinking at that time a co-worker that is no longer go home alone dead drunk as expected carry .
Month one I it after tossed like a thing and POY in my bed , it was stronger in constitutional and alcohol love for a long time because it had to the cause and the was sleeping middle also to bear somehow I did not have enough to drink still I opened the refrigerator while I think , or even alone sake of looking up at the full moon .
And therefore , it was noticed that there all a wide variety of alcoholic beverages such as beer or Chuuhai that had dominated the all one floor of the refrigerator .
It is had intended to stock up and drank a store just yesterday , if not invited to a colleague today . I had completely forgotten it ." :S

Edited by Kuroganekai, 04 June 2014 - 04:53 PM.

(darker than the darkness that emerges from the abyss, the projected shadow by the light of science!)

(mais escuro que a escuridão que emerge do abismo,a sombra projetada  pela luz da ciência!)

18.jpg

15.jpg

Glactic

Glactic

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts

something like this
:" 第一章 生誕の森 黒き獣編
一日目~十日目
 “一日目”
 いや、転生とか冗談で言っている訳ではなくてだな。うん、取り合えず順を追って説明しよう。というか混乱しすぎて落ちついている風になっている俺の精神衛生上、流れを客観視しながら語らないと暴れてしまいそうなので、文句は俺の話を聞き終わった後で、という方向でどうぞよろしく。

えーと、そうだな、まずは名前から。俺の以前の名前は伴杭彼方トモクイカナタ。とは言え転生しているのだから、今現在は一応“名無し”としておこう。

で、俺の記憶違いや妄想――そうだったらどれ程良かったか――でなければ、俺は仕事が終わった後で同僚に飲みに誘われて居酒屋を幾つか巡り。
 アルコールに弱いくせに明日が休みと言う事で無理やり付き合わされて夜遅くまで飲んだ結果、案の定グデングデンに酔っぱらって一人で家に帰れなくなった同僚をその時飲んでいた居酒屋からほど近かった俺の家まで運び。
 半ば寝ていたのを起こすのも何だか忍びなかったので俺のベッドにポーイと物のように放り投げてから、昔からアルコール大好きで体質的にも強かった俺はまだまだ飲み足りなかったので月一の満月を見上げながらの独り酒でもするか、と思いながら冷蔵庫を開けた。
 そしてそこで、冷蔵庫の一フロア全てを支配していたビールやチュウハイなど多種多様な酒類が全て無い事に気がついた。
 丁度昨日蓄えを飲み干し、今日同僚に誘われなければ買い込むつもりだったのである。それをすっかり失念していた。" (first parts of  LN chap1)
GT:"Forest Kurokikemono Chapter of Chapter birth
To ten days the first day
" Day One "
It seems incarnated I been bitten by a sister existence and stalker , and , apparently killed .
No, it 's not mean you have to say as a joke such as reincarnation . Yeah , let's step-by-step instructions are not Toriae . Because it is likely to act violently mental health of me, and not talk while objective view of the flow is supposed to wind you are calm it is too confused or rather , complain in the direction that , after you have finished listening to the story of my Nice to meet you .

Well , Yeah , first from the name . The previous name of my Bankui Kanata Tomokuikanata . And since He has incarnated That said , let me as " Anonymous " prima facie right now .

In , and delusion or lapse of memory of me - how much was good or you were so - if not , I tour some taverns is invited for a drink colleagues after work .
As a result of drinking late into the night is butt- force in saying that tomorrow is a holiday in the habit have a low tolerance for alcohol , until my house was Hodochikaka~tsu from tavern was drinking at that time a co-worker that is no longer go home alone dead drunk as expected carry .
Month one I it after tossed like a thing and POY in my bed , it was stronger in constitutional and alcohol love for a long time because it had to the cause and the was sleeping middle also to bear somehow I did not have enough to drink still I opened the refrigerator while I think , or even alone sake of looking up at the full moon .
And therefore , it was noticed that there all a wide variety of alcoholic beverages such as beer or Chuuhai that had dominated the all one floor of the refrigerator .
It is had intended to stock up and drank a store just yesterday , if not invited to a colleague today . I had completely forgotten it ." :S

I would re-word it something closer to this:

"GT:"Forest Kurokikemono Chapter of my birth
The first of ten days
" Day One "
It would seem that I have been killed and reincarnated after being bitten by a girl I consider to be like a sister but she borders being a stalker.

No, it's not mean to think of reincarnation as a joke.

Lets go step-by-step through the process.

Please do not think poorly of my mental health while you do not know the full story, listen until the end and complain then with an objective view.

Well lets start with my name.

My previous name was Bankui Kanata Tomokuikanata.

But since I was re-incarnated lets just call me "Anonymous" for now.

I have a bit of a lapse of memory here, I was invited by some colleagues for a drink after work and we were tavern hopping.

We drank late into the night, my co-worker, Hodochikaka~tsu, was dead drunk because she had a low tolerance for alcohol and as such I was forced to carry her home, we were lucky the next day was a holiday.

My constitution for and love of alcohol was greater than hers so after putting her to bed I went home and opened up my refrigerator and looked up at the full moon.

It was plain to anyone who saw that I liked alcohol as beer and Chuuhai bottles dominated the floor and my refrigerator.

I had intended to stock up on the drinks yesterday at the store but I was invited to drink with a colleague today.

I had completely forgotten about it."

There you go. That is my attempt. Had to add and take out some words because they either weren't translated properly or the sentence required them to make any sense.

Edited by Glactic, 03 September 2014 - 06:07 PM.

Kuroganekai

Kuroganekai

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 413 posts
  • LocationBRAZIL

It would re-word it something closer to this:

"GT:"Forest Kurokikemono Chapter of my birth
The first of ten days
" Day One "
It would seem that I have been killed and reincarnated after being bitten by a girl I consider to be like a sister but she borders being a stalker.

No, it's not mean to think of reincarnation as a joke.

Lets go step-by-step through the process.

Please do not think poorly of my mental health while you do not know the full story, listen until the end and complain then with an objective view.

Well lets start with my name.

My previous name was Bankui Kanata Tomokuikanata.

But since I was re-incarnated lets just call me "Anonymous" for now.

I have a bit of a lapse of memory here, I was invited by some colleagues for a drink after work and we were tavern hopping.

We drank late into the night, my co-worker, Hodochikaka~tsu, was dead drunk because she had a low tolerance for alcohol and as such I was forced to carry her home, we were lucky the next day was a holiday.

My constitution for and love of alcohol was greater than hers so after putting her to bed I went home and opened up my refrigerator and looked up at the full moon.

It was plain to anyone who saw that I liked alcohol as beer and Chuuhai bottles dominated the floor and my refrigerator.

I had intended to stock up on the drinks yesterday at the store but I was invited to drink with a colleague today.

I had completely forgotten about it."

There you go. That is my attempt. Had to add and take out some words because they either weren't translated properly or the sentence required them to make any sense.

yes, because the GT does not work 100%, but the idea is to do what you did, translate chapter with the GT let him do most of the work and find someone who can make an adaptation of the work of the GT

18.jpg

15.jpg