Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

translation advice

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

bluebutterfly

bluebutterfly

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Locationsky

Hi Everyone

i am new here and hello!!.. i am also new to manga. started reading manga recently and got hooked. 

i came to this site when i was looking for some traslation advice. i read this Manhwa called "promise" written by Lee Eun Young. all most all the sites have translation done only upto 2nd volume. there are five more coluem to this one. i really liked the story and now desperatet to know ther rest of it. i did find a site where raw is posted (i am not putting the link here - i thouhgt i read we are not suppose to). does anyone know a translated one for this one anywhere or can some one translate or give the summary for the rest of the story??

hope i am not asking something i am not suppose to.

thanks everyone.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Hi, bluebutterfly, welcome to batoto  :)

Sorry, no clue about the title you're talking about. I'm afraid what you're running into on it is one of the risks of reading fan-scanlated, serial type works, partially done projects like you're describing happen quite a bit.  >_<

Tn7HA0h.png

Viscoun

Viscoun

Couch Potato

• VisTrans
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

welcome to batoto, bluebutterfly! enjoy your stay. o/

and no, if you can't find it on most reader sites, it's probably not been translated. sry lol

osakaki

osakaki

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 732 posts
  • LocationTake my crutches, I'm going back to the youth

Welcome to Batoto, blueblutterfly.  Hope you have fun around here and that your series continues to be translated.

Supreme_Lurker_Primo

Supreme_Lurker_Primo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,703 posts
  • LocationSomewhere. Nowhere. Everywhere.

Hi BlueButterfly. Welcoem toe Batoto here is a White Chocolate Cookie

bhestw.jpgTincek-Marincek

bluebutterfly

bluebutterfly

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Locationsky

thank you very  for all your warm welcome. i hope i will be able to contribute too...may be oneday!!

couch potato..can i call you couch potato??  actually i read this one in mangafox. could it be still a fan translated one??

am I allowed to post the link so that you can see it for yourself??

thanks

Hi baked potato. Thanks for the cookie.

I know you are not taking orders at this time and I shouldn’t be imposing on you…but I love peanutbutter and oatmeal cookies. They are my favorite. ….

Lalbutt

Lalbutt

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,365 posts
  • LocationMoving Castle

Welcome to Batoto!

DarkPrince

DarkPrince

Cute Potato

• Members
  • 4,800 posts
  • Location「Between Brackets」
Welcome yo o/

I T ' S   O N L Y   F U N   I F   T H E Y   R U N

Crouching Bacon

Crouching Bacon

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 528 posts

welcome!

nice to see that you're pretty aware of the site's regulations.

i hope some group picks up the series' translation soon!

until then, the random button may be your friend.

:D

Posted Image "Don't make me ship you!"

zecexe

zecexe

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSite

~ Welcome ~

~ First feeling will last with an ending.~ zecexe.ipbo

~ Push yourself to move forward, because great "things" are waiting to be moved.~ zecexe.ibpo

αρняσɖιтє

αρняσɖιтє

Baked Potato

• Appreciation Scans
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationFish bowl

Welcome to batoto, Bluebutterfly!

Third year of college

groups I work for:

Spoiler

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

couch potato..can i call you couch potato??  actually i read this one in mangafox. could it be still a fan translated one??

am I allowed to post the link so that you can see it for yourself??

I think it's okay to post links of other reader sites and scanlator sites, yeah, though you're  right, I believe batoto now asks that you don't link to raw stuff. It's okay though, I'd looked it up yesterday, and yeah, on Mangafox   :)

And yes, a fan scanlation, at least what MF has listed as ch 4.3 was done by a group by the name of Ham-Ham Scans (http://hamhamscans.wordpress.com/), if you look here http://puu.sh/97YQ8/ce3fab41f5.jpg  (page 20 of that chapter) you'll see their credits page.

Sadly they don't look active anymore, I believe I saw the last post on their blog was back in '13  >_<

Edited by svines85, 30 May 2014 - 07:50 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png

bluebutterfly

bluebutterfly

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Locationsky

couch potato... thanks. you have done some digging for me. much appreciated. i hope someone will pick it up.

not sure why, somehow i want to know the rest....

thanks everyone for all your welcome messages :batoto_028:  . you have made me feel at home... don't worry i wont break anything... hehehe.... :D

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

couch potato... thanks. you have done some digging for me. much appreciated. i hope someone will pick it up.

not sure why, somehow i want to know the rest....

It's no problem, and yes, trust me, I know the feeling. When I say this sort of thing "happens quite a bit", well yeah, I speak from experience too   :D

If you were liking Promise, you might like Confessing Truthfully http://www.mangahere.co/manga/confessing_truthfully/ (there isn't a complete copy of it here on batoto) which is already a completely scanlated title, or   World Bring It On! which is very close to being completed (and I'm at least pretty confident/hoping the group working on it will finish it soon)   :)

Tn7HA0h.png

bluebutterfly

bluebutterfly

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Locationsky

"

It's no problem, and yes, trust me, I know the feeling. When I say this sort of thing "happens quite a bit", well yeah, I speak from experience too   :D

If you were liking Promise, you might like Confessing Truthfully http://www.mangahere.co/manga/confessing_truthfully/ (there isn't a complete copy of it here on batoto) which is already a completely scanlated title, or   World Bring It On! which is very close to being completed (and I'm at least pretty confident/hoping the group working on it will finish it soon)   :)

thanks for your suggestion. i will check it out. it is weekend after all and i was looking for some good one to read. 

i used to hate comics, manga... i am not sure how i came to appreciate them..but i love them now. strange...very strange!!

Mojrim

Mojrim

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationMorocco - France

Welcome!  :batoto_024:

And the case when mangas' translation is dropped happens a lot :/ mainly good mangas that are "not popular".

Go to this topic and try your luck http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/11191-the-readers-choice-ii-feb-15/

Edited by Mojrim, 01 June 2014 - 03:06 AM.

bluebutterfly

bluebutterfly

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Locationsky

"world bring it on"  the brother made me tear-up. life is a difficult road, not matter who you are.. right or porr all have their own challenges and heartbreaks...

thanks for suggesting, but is it still ongoing. would like to know the ending... will he lose his hearing??

bluebutterfly

bluebutterfly

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Locationsky

Welcome!  :batoto_024:

And the case when mangas' translation is dropped happens a lot :/ mainly good mangas that are "not popular".

Go to this topic and try your luck http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/11191-the-readers-choice-ii-feb-15/

thanks.

Mojrim

Mojrim

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationMorocco - France

thanks.

You're welcome.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

"world bring it on"  the brother made me tear-up. life is a difficult road, not matter who you are.. right or porr all have their own challenges and heartbreaks...

thanks for suggesting, but is it still ongoing. would like to know the ending... will he lose his hearing??

Tasty Kiwi Scans  just completed scanlating volume fifteen of sixteen total with the most recent release. So yeah, now to play the waiting game, there's probably only 4 chapters or so left to the manhwa  :)

Tn7HA0h.png