Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[1/10/2012] Manga-Heaven Recruitment (Editor/Cleaner/Typesetter/Proofreader)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Souldrake

Souldrake

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 275 posts
Manga-Heaven is still seeking some more staff to help deal with some of the workload on our projects.

At the moment, we are in need of editors and/or cleaners more than anything else. We are also looking for one or two proofreaders.
If you are a complete n00b when it comes to editing or cleaning, but want to learn and have a lot of free time, we will provide training and necessary "tools" for your to do the job. All it takes is some dedication, perseverance, a desire to do a good job, and no allergies to hamsters.

Krytyk is seeing an assistant for Tena on S String. Applicant needs zero (0, none) editing experience. An extremely basic knowledge of photoshop would be nice, but I am sure we can teach you what you need to know without much trouble. Tasks would be basic rotating, applying a pre-made script that Krytyk wrote and erasing all the Japanese text from the text bubbles. An easy and good way to help us out while learning how to clean or edit fully if one so desires.

If you wish to apply for proofreader you should:
- Be a native speaker of English or have a very good handle of the English language, grammar and spelling.
- Manga-Heaven's translator (namely myself) uses American English and spelling. Please understand that while I do not consider British English spelling incorrect, as a group we use American Spellings.
- (we have a bit of a test for you to take should you want to apply)
- Please try to be readily available. We have had 2 people take our test, pass, get hired only to disappear off the face of the earth once they got the acceptance e-mail...

If you wish to apply for a cleaner you should:

- Be capable of basic leveling, and touch ups.
- Be capable and willing to re-draw art to join double pages and remove SFX (no, not the really big ones) and/or text that is over art or tones.
- We would much prefer that you have at least some experience doing this kind of work as we kind of need the manpower sooner rather than later.
- We would much prefer that you are willing to work on any project not just one specific project as many of our staff working on the projects right now do have some attachment to them. That being said, the series that need the most editing love right now are Love Junkies and Tena on S String. However, we have a few old and incomplete projects, back-up chapters of Esprit and some other projects we would like to start that will require some editing staff.

If you wish to apply for a full editing position, you should:

- Be able to do everything outlined in the above cleaner description
- Be able to typeset (choose appropriate fonts, shape text so that it looks nice, etc.) Most of our projects already have font lists and we can supply you with whatever fonts you need to typeset.

In the event you cannot provide some previous work for us to look at with your name in the credits, we may ask you to do a small 4-5 page editing test. We have a fairly standard version and we have an "Do you really think you are uber?" version. You may choose the one you wish to take.

Oh, you may also need to deal with the occasional rabid hamster running amok in the channel. People with allergies should be aware.

For those interested, you may contact us via our IRC channel, e-mail us at [email protected].
Responding here or PMing me here is fine, however, I may respond quicker to one of the above methods (that and you may catch another M-H member who can help you if I am AFK/at work/etc.)

Edited by Souldrake, 10 January 2012 - 02:32 PM.

Souldrake
Manga-Heaven Co-Founder and Translator [Retired]

atomiksphinx77

atomiksphinx77

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Locationdepends on the day
I would like to apply to be a proofer if possible. I tried to apply from the links here, but I am having a bit of trouble (probably because I didn't register with your site yet :/). I proofread papers for students in English currently and I also was a proofreader of both high school and collegiate newspapers before they were submitted. I haven't worked with any groups yet, but I do read QUITE A BIT (by that, I mean A LOT) of mangas, and would very quickly be able to tell what works, what sounds awkward, what needs to be done, etc.

I thank you for your time and I hope you...

===================================================(an awesome afternoon!)=====================================================
========================== (Have an excellent evening!) ()_() ====()_() /===()_() (A marvelous morning!)====================================
================================================ \ (-.- ) <--- (o-o)/ ---> ( -.-) /======================================================
==================================================(u u)====(u u)=== (u u)=======================================================
Posted Image

krytyk

krytyk

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • LocationPoland
Recruiting editorial help with minor tasks.

A person that will do minor precleans (rotate the pages, white out bubbles, use a precleaning script (supplied by us)), for Tena on S-String project.

Retired Manga Cleaner/Redrawer @Manga-Heaven, @kono-basho, @wangan-scans, anonymous and more.
Illustration editor

Light Novel translator

blackcatluck

blackcatluck

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
I can proofread !! I'm almost perfect at English (American)
I have read almost 100 manga's! and i always have a habit of paying close attention!
I have very much free time and will not quit after I say that i will do my best!!
have a great day!!!! :batoto_024:

codetoki

codetoki

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 389 posts
I want to be a proofreader, I am a native english speaker, and I'm interested in taking your test
Spoiler

Spoiler

Wellthen...

Wellthen...

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Hello; if it's not too late, I would like to apply to be a proofreader. I not only read manga, but all kinds of literature. I'm adept at the English language and write as well as read. I'm Canadian and over here we use the British spelling but I've read enough of American literature and Manga and have American online friends so I think it's safe to say that I know the differences between the two spellings. (There isn't much, really. Just the whole "U" thing)

I want to try out editing or cleaning should I not pass the proofreading test.

Due to the activities I partake in, I am both patient and observant. As well as this, living in a a swarm of cultures allows me to understand both sides (i.e. Different speeches etc.) Also, Acting helps me in that area. 

I'm committed efficient; and my laptop has an American Dictionary on it anyway so I see no problem there.

And I just can't talk internet! Or teenager! I live in a world of adults so I'm always talking businesslike or technical so I apologize for the long post. But please consider me for being a proofreader. I sounds like a fun experience and I believe that I'll do a good job! 

αρняσɖιтє

αρняσɖιтє

Baked Potato

• Appreciation Scans
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationFish bowl

Hello; if it's not too late, I would like to apply to be a proofreader. I not only read manga, but all kinds of literature. I'm adept at the English language and write as well as read. I'm Canadian and over here we use the British spelling but I've read enough of American literature and Manga and have American online friends so I think it's safe to say that I know the differences between the two spellings. (There isn't much, really. Just the whole "U" thing)

I want to try out editing or cleaning should I not pass the proofreading test.

Due to the activities I partake in, I am both patient and observant. As well as this, living in a a swarm of cultures allows me to understand both sides (i.e. Different speeches etc.) Also, Acting helps me in that area. 

I'm committed efficient; and my laptop has an American Dictionary on it anyway so I see no problem there.

And I just can't talk internet! Or teenager! I live in a world of adults so I'm always talking businesslike or technical so I apologize for the long post. But please consider me for being a proofreader. I sounds like a fun experience and I believe that I'll do a good job! 

If you look up their group, the group is no longer active. And the user who made the post hasn't been on since last year. So I'm not quite sure if this is still open. But most likely they're not hiring since its a dead group now.

Third year of college

groups I work for:

Spoiler