Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

New to this manga

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Vilis

Vilis

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

I've read a lot of good things about OPM, so I decided to read it. Do the original and redrawn versions follow the same story? Should I read both or ignore the original? I don't have any problems with the bad art (it's actually hilarious), but if the events that take place are exactly the same, it would be kind of a waste of time to read them both.

VartholomewKuma

VartholomewKuma

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

Yes both versions are exactly the same. Start with Murata's version since there are missing chapters in the original version. Chapters 4-27 miss.

Murata's version is behind so if you read the whole thing you'll eventually catch up with the original version... there are no missing chapters at that point.

I like both but probably prefer Murata's version cause i think it's funnier for some reason.

PsychoMantis

PsychoMantis

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 89 posts

they are not exactly same... they follow same story, but Murata's version has more content (especially extra fightning scenes)

and you are right, original version by One (with its bad art) is probably more hillarious ... but on the other hand Murata's version is more spectacular

tumblr_mblt9pXJ6M1rodorko1_r1_500.png

Seira J. Loyard

"If the character changes eye colour... He or she is OP as fuck." Evilnemesis

Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash

Potato

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationA cloud
The storyline itself is almost exactly perfect. Many scenes are even panel-for-panel adaptations.

The Murata version (pretty version) also has extra chapters and side stories done here and there.

Even original source purists would be hard pressed to find flaws with the Murata version, it really is fantastic the way he and ONE collaborated.

ika4QNM.png

Coralira

Coralira

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 96 posts
Well there's no harm in reading both, since the original is further ahead. I think I might've come to appreciate Onepunch man more because I read both versions. Plus it's fun to see how the designs of the characters changed as well.